All Blacks European Tour

All Blacks European Tour  

1. 1.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: All Blacks European Tour

Possible All Blacks starting 15 to face France: Leon MacDonald, Rico Gear, Conrad Smith, Luke McAlister, Sitiveni Sivivatu, Daniel Carter, Piri Weepu, Rodney So'oialo, Richie McCaw (captain), Jerry Collins, Ali Williams, Jason Eaton, Carl Hayman, Anton Oliver, Neemia Tialata.
Totally agree with your comments there Ice i reckon things are going well for us and if we continue on this path we will win the next RWC, as for my thoughts on the next upcoming game, as i look at that "possible" team lineup for the first test and i can't help seeing a french win by a small margin straight away , they are going to be very hard to beat at Lyon and that team looks a little weak, the fulll back Leon is my main concern ,great player , but to go from limited game time into a test against the french, big step up, Oliver still can't throw to save his life and don't get me started on that tosser Rodney S!! , man i could have killed him after that game he cost us against SA....idiot!!...anyways.....could be to much for this team ....more thoughts later when the lineup is confirmed.....i'm interested in others thoughts more....Ice and DAC ???

Re: All Blacks European Tour seems to be alot of pace in the back line....I like the combination of McAlister & Smith at centre it takes pressure of carter with the 2nd kicking option in the backs. I like MacDonald he is an impressive player....but in saying that he would not be my startig XV at fullback. Weepu wouldn't be my first choice at scrum half either...but in saying that, their is some much talent in NZ rugby at the moment .

Re: All Blacks European Tour I really can’t comment on this game. The French are c**ts. Normal laws don’t apply to them…..they could turn up on Saturday and beat the Kiwis by 15 points and again they could turn up – totally capitulate, eat some cheese, surrender and concede 50 points depending on if they “felt like it” or not.

My Tip:

Don’t bet on a game involving the French, ever.

I really can’t comment on this game. The French are c**ts. Normal laws don’t apply to them…..they could turn up on Saturday and beat the Kiwis by 15 points and again they could turn up – totally capitulate' date= eat some cheese, surrender and concede 50 points depending on if they “felt like it” or not.

My Tip:

Don’t bet on a game involving the French, ever.

I have to agree with you DAC, they are total c**ts ! and very unpredicatable...but does anyone know when they last lost a test at Lyon ??....if ever ??...just curious if theres some sort of record that they would want to protect of having never lost there maybe ?

C06A5B16-D86A-1E76-1B634FAA50AA5355.jpg Umaga retires while Hansen looks on - allblacks.com Neighbouring resident Tana Umaga is set to play a role in the All Blacks' buildup to Sunday morning's (NZ time) Test against France. Coach Graham Henry said the invitation had been made to former captain Umaga to join the team's buildup early this week in Marseille. Umaga doesn't have far to go to accept. He is in the early stages of a lucrative three-month contract with French second division club Toulon, located less than an hour's drive east of Marseille on the French south coast. The last time the All Blacks were in France, Umaga led them to a famous 45-6 defeat of the hosts in Paris. He retired earlier this year but Henry said the 74-Test veteran remained an inspirational figure to the current players. "There's an invite for him to be involved with us to a limited extent," Henry said. "He won't probably play but it'll be good to see him, because he's held in very high regard by the guys and they find him very motivational and it would be good if he could be here. "We did discuss before he left home the opportunity of coming here and coming to Paris (ahead of the second French Test) and he was keen to do so if commitments allowed him." Umaga may well be free both weeks. The second division takes a break this weekend and Toulon have a match away to Racing Metro in Paris the day after the All Blacks' Test there at Stade de France. Umaga has been an instant hit at Toulon, where he has been made an honorary citizen. He scored a try with his first touch of the ball on debut against Lyand in his second game last weekend crossed for the winning try late against Dax to lift Toulon from seventh to fourth place.

Re: All Blacks European Tour the Frogs have announced there team to play the All Blacks: The team is: 1 - Sylvain Marconnet, 2 - Dimitri Szarzewski, 3 - Pieter de Villiers, 4 - Fabien Pelous (Captain), 5 - Pascal Pape, 6 - Thierry Dusautoir, 7 - Julien Bonnaire, 8 - Elvis Vermeulen, 9 - Dimitri Yachvili, 10 - Damien Traille, 11 - Christophe Dominici, 12 - Yannick Jauzion, 13 - Florian Fritz, 14 - Aurelien Rougerie, 15 - Julien Laharrague. Replacements: 16 - Raphael Ibanez, 17 - Olivier Milloud, 18 - Lionel Nallet, 19 - Remy Martin, 20 - Jean-Baptiste Elissalde, 21 - David Marty, 22 - Cedric Heymans.

Re: All Blacks European Tour the AB'S team has been announced also: All Blacks team sheet Leon MacDonald, Josevata Rokocoko, Conrad Smith, Luke McAlister, Sitiveni Sivivatu, Dan Carter, Piri Weepu, Rodney So’oialo, Richie McCaw ©, Jerry Collins, Ali Williams, James Ryan, Carl Hayman, Anton Oliver, Tony Woodcock The reserves will be named later in the week, pending a decision on the fitness of prop Neemia Tialata. First five-eighths Nick Evans was not considered for selection due to injury.

results since 1999

27-Nov-2004 Won - 45 - 6 Stade de France Paris
20-Nov-2003 Won - 40 - 13 Telstra Stadium Sydney
28-Jun-2003 Won - 31 - 23 Jade Stadium Christchurch
16-Nov-2002 Drew - 20 - 20 Stade de France Paris
30-Jun-2001 Won - 37 - 12 WestpacTrust Stadium Wellington
18-Nov-2000 Lost - 33 - 42 Stade Velodrome Marseille
11-Nov-2000 Won - 39 - 26 Stade de France Paris
31-Oct-1999 Lost - 31 - 43 Twickenham London
26-Jun-1999 Won - 54 - 7 Athletic Park Wellington

Re: All Blacks European Tour This is an important fact for the match: REFEREE: Stuart Dickinson (Australia) Touch judges: A Rolland, S McDowell (Ireland) Television match official: N Whitehouse (Wales) I would rather have a convict than a pom in charge of the match...IMO english refs are F#@king shite....IMO so there I expect the ref to allow a free flowing match rather than being extremly techinal & over reffing the match.....This should suit the AB's Style of play.

Re: All Blacks European Tour All Blacks brush off French claims 11/11/2006 Sportal.co.nz

1C269AE2-0A6F-E3C7-B7934A31808C2E4C.jpg Graham Henry - NZRU New Zealand has responded to French allegations about All Blacks tactics as the countdown continues towards the first Test in Lyon on Sunday (NZT). All Blacks coach Graham Henry and captain Richie McCaw commented at a news conference on Friday. McCaw was once again the target for alleged illegalities at the breakdown. But he responded by saying: "We're used to that sort of stuff these days and I don't worry about it at all. "You need to adjust, know where the line is and do things accordingly," he said. Henry made his point by saying it was home teams that tended to be awarded more penalties in international rugby. "I think in the game today there's a lot of times when the home team gets a lot more penalties than the visiting team," he said. "If you research Test matches, whether they're played in New Zealand, in South Africa or in France, that's the case. "What we would like is to make sure that the referee referees the games as he sees it and blows the whistle accordingly. Henry said inconsistency was a problem in refereeing in the world. "I think it's a weakness in our refereeing system. "Rugby needs a consistency in refereeing, no matter where the game is played. That is something the guys who officiate in the game need to think very seriously about. I don't think they do it consciously but there's a lot of pressure out there from the crowd," Henry said. He said he wasn't talking about Stuart Dickinson, the Australian referee who has charge of the first Test, but of referees generally. "I think it's just part of maturing as a sport in a professional period and we need to look at that."
:ok

Re: All Blacks European Tour Have taken the following bets with centrebet: NZ win under 12.5pts @$2.90 (small wager) NZ win @$1.40 (large wager) I have also taken small wagers on the following bets: Italy +21.5pts @$1.91,Argentina +9.5 pts @$1.97, Pacific Islanders +10.5pts @$1.92,Boks +5.5pts @$1.92 as always good luck:hope

Re: All Blacks European Tour How do you like those AB's now DAC ?? Still reckon they'll choke ? France 3 - 47 All Blacks 7 tries to nil Frankly, I'm a bit disapointed with the French drop goal for their 3 pts. Need to improve on that for Paris next week

How do you like those AB's now DAC ?? Still reckon they'll choke ? France 3 - 47 All Blacks 7 tries to nil Frankly, I'm a bit disapointed with the French drop goal for their 3 pts. Need to improve on that for Paris next week
quite a good performance by the AB's they did alright considering the changes they made to the team which beat England...... I still think they can go up a few gears leading into the world cup I just like making money from backing them...alot of people had there doubts about them beating the french & they beat them with ease :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana I was concerned about the time wasting by the Frogs talk about milking the clock:D I wonder if DAC will consider a new nickname for the French now as they have taken over the cheating aspect of world sport now with the soccer & rugby union:unsure

Re: All Blacks European Tour Well i have to eat my shorts , Leon MacD has a great game , especially under the high ball.....i had a small wager on the AB's to win, wish i had gone bigger , but ah well, profit is still all good :ok....will see how things look for the test in Paris.

Re: All Blacks European Tour I'd be careful of betting on a big win in Paris, I have a feeling that Evens might start at first five eight, as henry really needs to start planing for test matches without Carter. Danger is the AB are becoming too dependant on him. I'd drop McCaw as well, practice for the adversety that's gotta come at some point

Awesome performance by all accounts from the AB's. Getting a little worried now about their trip to Cardiff.
I'm on the AB's to beat wales for sure, if wales can only draw against a weak aussie side, they don't stand a chance against the AB's....sure they beat the Pac. Island team, but this AB side could put 90 points on that Pac. Island team....in my opinion of course ;) ...

..... I still think they can go up a few gears leading into the world cup I just like making money from backing them...alot of people had there doubts about them beating the french & they beat them with ease
Nice one Ice :ok , good to see the brother making some money!....totally agree with you on the call about the AB's still having more to show, alot of people are saying that they have peaked to soon before the RWC, no way, they have still got room to improve and will do so with Mr Henry in charge!.

I'm on the AB's to beat wales for sure' date=' if wales can only draw against a weak aussie side, they don't stand a chance against the AB's....sure they beat the Pac. Island team, but this AB side could put 90 points on that Pac. Island team....in my opinion of course ;) ...[/quote'] Mike, my comments were of course tongue in cheek. I am of course bricking it!:) The Wales side yesterday was a complete reserve side in comparison to the Aussie one with only fullback Kevin Morgan keeping his place. So long as its a nice open game of running rugby with both sides contributing as has happened in the past I'll be happy. Nothing can wipe the smile off my face with whats happening with England right now.:ok

Nice one Ice :ok ' date=' good to see the brother making some money!....totally agree with you on the call about the AB's still having more to show, alot of people are saying that they have peaked to soon before the RWC, no way, they have still got room to improve and will do so with Mr Henry in charge!.[/quote'] Cheers Mike.....I put my nuts on the line & bet my whole account on the match....worked out well in the end:nana If the AB's had of taken all their chances they would have won by another 25-35 pts;)

Mike, my comments were of course tongue in cheek. I am of course bricking it!:) The Wales side yesterday was a complete reserve side in comparison to the Aussie one with only fullback Kevin Morgan keeping his place. So long as its a nice open game of running rugby with both sides contributing as has happened in the past I'll be happy. Nothing can wipe the smile off my face with whats happening with England right now.:ok
they are a different team since the last world cup they should bring back Dalalio....:lol

Cheers Mike.....I put my nuts on the line & bet my whole account on the match....worked out well in the end:nana
Woah, big balls there brother...you must have made quite a tidy profit though...i was pretty sure the AB's would do the business...but to bet my whole account....not for me brother,the french have screwed me before. although i might be tempted to go big on the AB vs wales match if the bookies put to much faith in this wales side, sure they are good and have drawn with the wobblies, but that means little against this AB side.....will see whats on offer at the time. Next up AB's vs the french again in France, will be interesting to see what the bookies offer for this one. Theres rumours that the AB's will not field there strongest 15 so Steve Hansen has been quoted as saying...but we will see...