** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Darts - World Grand Prix - Oct 23

Re: Darts - World Grand Prix - Oct 23

1 Bet tonight: Bob Anderson (-2.5 sets) to beat Anto McCracken @ 1.91 (Betfair) Anderson should win this very easily. I wasn't impressed with McCracken at all on Monday, and all but a couple of the players in the tournament would have beaten him. Luckilly for him, he played one of those players. Anderson was very impressive against Lloyd, and if he's even 50% of that he'll cruise home.
I can`t find any handicap markets on betfair, although SportingOdds are 1.83 for Anderson -2.5 sets

Re: Darts - World Grand Prix - Oct 23 I reckon we could in for a clean sweep of outsiders tonight :loon . The dodgy one would be Beaton but over this format he's a good price and he's got C&D form. Baxter's price is crazy. If you take out Wade's Matchplay then Baxter's 1/2 for this match. Barney seems to have the wool on Taylor which is a dangerous thing to say but it's true and Dennis can outbore Lewis :lol . So.......... 10pts R.Baxter to beat J.Wade 6/5 Bet365 Ronnie Baxter is a tremendous price here. He's full of experience in this format and when he's ticking he peppers these doubles bigtime. Wade got Rooneyed in the 1st round last year. That was Keith Rooney who I don't remember hearing of since so that form falls flat on it's face. If you were to take away Wade's tremendous effort at the Matchplay then Baxter is a heavy favourite here so we are definitely getting the value. I've no doubt Wade will be a star in the future, and maybe present too but this double start format is unique and takes some getting used to. I think it will pay to side with the experience here. 10pts S.Beaton to beat R.Scholten 5/2 Skybet Steve Beaton has good form in this event. He's playing Scholten who I don't think is very well suited to this event. Scholten's the sort of guy who if he starts missing doubles could fall away and it only takes a couple of non starts to get the doubt going. Beaton is a player who will nearly always start legs well and is a consistant scorer and over this short distance if he makes a good start the job could well be done. The price is about right but Beaton's best results seem to come here so I'll take a chance his form remains in this one. 10pts R.Barneveld to beat P.Taylor 9/4 Skybet Ray Barneveld has beaten Taylor on their last 2 meetings. In fact every time they've met Barney has had darts at double to stop Taylor winning. In the 1st round Taylor beat Newton 2-0 but Newton had lots of darts at doubles and missed. If Taylor gives Barney that many he'll be back in Stoke come Friday morning. Barney didn't look his best against Warriner but got the job done which is what counts. I'm hoping he'll come on for the run and if he can find the range on his favourite D18 early doors and have that as a friend Taylor will be on the rack. Given his form against Taylor and the short format probably in Barney's favour I'm backing Barney with confidence here. 10pts D.Priestley to beat A.Lewis 13/8 Stan James Dennis Priestley's career has come alive again and he's playing some excellent darts now. He has all the experience needed in this format. Lewis, since the World Championships has fallen away somewhat on TV. He made the final of the World Series of Darts but there's not been much else since. We've seen in the past how he struggles in matches where his opponent is slow and they come no slower than the Menace. I think Priestley could throw Lewis right out of his rhythm and at this price he's a must bet.

Dennis Preistley to win tournament (e/w) @ 66/1 (Stan James) Again, what are they thinking? I know he's in Taylor & Barney's half, but 1 of them is going out tonight. He can beat either at his best, and I don't see how he can be this price
Stan are down to 33/1 now. The Menace is best priced at 40/1 on outrights now.

Re: Darts - World Grand Prix - Oct 23 2 for me tonight. I'm playing risky in the 2nd one by going against Gaz! 10pts A.Smith to beat P.Manley 9/5 Sporting Odds The Pie Man is a very good darts player. He's not shown all that he can do on TV yet but around the circuit this guy is well up there. One Dart needs to be on his game tonight else he'll be another casualty of Smith's. Word going round was Manley strained something in his arm before his last match where he wasn't convincing at all. Smith battered Mardle and never gave him a chance to get going. Smith scores pretty heavily and he's going to give Manley a real good game here and I think at this price, he's well worth backing. 10pts J.Wade to beat D.Priestley 8/11 Ladbrokes I've been saying for 12 months or so that James Wade will be the real deal and he has finally started showing that. He was superb in the Matchplay where he made the final and he's taken the confidence from that event and come out smoking here too. I had my doubts over him and the format before his 2nd round match but his performance more than quashed them. Priestley is back to somewhere near his best these days and was equally as good against Lewis but Wade is a step up from Lewis and it's one I have doubts whether Priestley can make. The youngster for me in this.

Re: Darts - World Grand Prix - Oct 23 I can't believe these handicap prices tonight :unsure . 10pts P.Manley -1.5 sets to beat T.Jenkins 6/5 Bet365 Nobody has really mentioned Peter Manley but he's thrown really well this week, possibly the best I've seen him throw for a long time and the way he's been starting has been incredible. Terry Jenkins has played how I thought he would and a win tonight guarantees him a Premier League place which would be massive for him but that brings pressure in itself. Jenkins has never been to a major semi final before whereas Manley has all the experience needed of semi finals. Nerves is bound to play a part and if Manley starts as well as he has been Jenkins won't get close to him. The fat one all the way for me here. 10pts D.Priestley +4 sets to beat P.Taylor 7/4 Skybet Dennis Priestley is one of very few players in World Darts who can go toe to toe with Taylor. We've seen him do it in the last 2 Matchplay's and I think we'll he him do it again here. This double start format is huge and if Priestley can start well and get the pressure on Taylor at some point he'll have to buckle. To win this bet the Menace needs 3 sets which the way he's played this week is a minimum that I think he'll get and I'm confident this will be close enough to bring this one home.

Shame the final looks a non-event though :( If Jenkins plays like he did tonight' date=' will lose 7-0 or 7-1.[/quote'] Aye, it looks almost inevitable. Terry's 3-dart average was 77.87 against Manley, Taylor's was 95.39 was against Priestley! :\ The match sponsors go: swdgp06f-odds.jpg OT: Didn't know Terry Jenkins is the newbie for the Premier League Darts joining Taylor, Lloyd, Priestley, Manley, Scholten and very bloomin' likely van Barneveld in the mix.

Re: Darts - World Grand Prix - Oct 23 I've watched most of this this week, and had an extremely large bet on Taylor with William Hill (they go 1/16, where most others go 1/20, 1/25, 1/40 or even 1/50!). Won't make me rich, but I just can't see any way Jenkins can even get close unless Taylor woke up with a Scholten-type injury today!! :ok

Yeah, ready to miss doubles and be gutted!! :( I've a bit of work to get to him, but if I do he'll know he's had a game!
Just be grateful it's not the World GP you're qualifying for ;) Got to feel sorry for Terry Jenkins though, up against Taylor tonight and then they give him van Gerwen next week!

I actually quite enjoyed the qualifiers for the GP, mainly because I won a game! It wasn't as bad as I dreded it would be. Jenkins will have pocketed a bit of money by then, and van Gerwen aint a sure thing to even get that far. As good as he is, he might not be ready to have a tough game from the off instead of having a couple of easy ones to get in the swing of things. Jenkins has a nice easy board on Saturday to make up for it anyway!
Was the qualifiers double start as well? It's only a matter of time before van Gerwen comes across isn't it? He's a cert for the Lakeside and would be wasted over there for too long. Surely Barney will convince him to come over if he needed any convincing? Then we'll see some fireworks - Taylor, Barney, Priestley and van Gerwen going toe to toe :loon