** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

ATP - Masters Series Madrid

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP - Masters Series Madrid

I like the look of Gonzalez over Johansson as well. He's in great form lately and beat him in straight sets at Wimbledon last year so he should be able to handle his serve on a fast surface. Another tough 3 setter for JJ today. You'd think it would have to catch up with him sooner or later. 1.93 at pinnacle atm.
Gonzo has some troubble with his shoulder so check it out somewhere for latest news about it

Re: ATP - Masters Series Madrid lol....Randall...you're totally reading my mind on Ginepri and Srebotnik...spooky My money is also on Johansson and not Gonzalez... Marat Safin v Kristof Vliegen Vliegen is totally in form right now and has dismissed both Tursunov and Blake so far in Madrid. He has a powerful serve and shots and seems to be in good shape. Safin has won his two games without impressing (maybe because in such good form) and has been playing lots of games lately and could use some time off. Kristof Vliegen - 3.05 @ Pinnacle 10/10 Andrew Murray vs Novak Djokovic Murray won yesterday vs Ljubicic but it was not an impressing win. Ljubicic looked a little bit out of shape and didn't seem to well motivated. He made far too many unforced errors specially in the 3rd set. Djokovic is one of my favorite players on the tour and he's in good form and gonna be a big threat to Murray specially indoors. Murray has far too many ups and down to be considered a favorite in this match. My money is on Djokovic Novak Djokovic - 2.00 @ Pinnacle 10/10 Fernando Gonzalez vs Pim-Pim Johansson The reason why I'm going against Gonzalez is simple. Yesterday vs Scrihaphan he looked out-of-shape was made lots of unforced errors. Well...I don't blame him, he's played six matches in nine days and he had some "injury-time" in the match. If Gonzalez is in as bad shape today as yesterday Pim-Pim gonna win so I'm hoping he is. Pim-Pim Johansson - 1.80 @ Pinnacle 10/10

Re: ATP - Masters Series Madrid well done randall with ginepri....:clap th rate you and DD have picked winners this week make sure you buy a lottery ticket this week as I think one of you could win...brilliant stuff guys...fingers crossed for remainder picks,,,,,:hope majid

Re: ATP - Masters Series Madrid man schiavone is a pain in the ass lol..why didnt she play on..venus williams had a major messed up wrist and she played with one hand 3 weeks ago. andy roddick had a ankle injury against berdych and he played on...schiavone had to quit LOL Great pick randall.....that would have cashed.....

Re: ATP - Masters Series Madrid Marat Safin vs David Nalbandian Nalbaldian made two incredible comebacks two games in a row now fightling like hell when everybody though he was defeted. I don't know how much powers he has left but I don't think he's going to do the same vs Safin, who's been playing some nice tennis lately. He doesnt do anything spectacular, just playing doing his job and thats more then enough vs Nalbandian on this surface. H2H is 6-1 to Safin Marat Safin - 1.61 @ Bet365 10/10 PS. Better hurry up and bet because the price is droppig like a bomb

Re: ATP - Masters Series Madrid Hi guys, We continue with the following pick: ATP TOUR, MADRID BERDYCH TO D NADAL @ 3.3 on pinnacle Nadal is much less impressive this season on fast surfaces than in 2005. After Wimbledon, his best result was QF of the US Open with no semifinal appearances in 5 tournames. On the other hand, Berdych is at his best on the fast indoor court and he is exactly the sort of opponent who will trouble Nadal with attacking baseline game. Berdych has won both of their last matches. The H2H is 2:0 to Berdych on fast surfaces and 2:1 overall (including a clay court match). www.WinningTipster.com

Re: ATP - Masters Series Madrid Safin has been absolutely awesome in this tournament and is now starting to resemble the player that was the world's best for a year or two. Even Federer has been quoted as saying that Safin is a major threat to him when he is on his game. Nalbandian has been poor of late and I cannot see anything other than a Safin win today. :dude

Re: ATP - Masters Series Madrid Marat safin used to beat himself. He would mentally breakdown. I think the error he made was taking a coach which roger federer dropped. I think he thought the coach made federer. I am sure he realises otherwise now. His friend now travels with him, so its not techincally a coach of his which i think suits safin. In his blog last week his stated that part of his management group run this tournament in madrid so its a big deal for him to perform. As always good luck to all who have some action today... Majid :hope

Re: ATP - Masters Series Madrid

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventNadal - Berdych set hc
SelectionBerdych +1.5 set (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date20/10/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.74 (Back)
ReasoningI haven't seen Nadal so far in Madrid so I've decided to stick to this bet.At first I was considering Berdych win but at the end I will go with this.Berdych played really good match against Roddick and he was serving really good.If he can keep it up against Nadal I'm pretty sure that he can take at least one set.Maybe on clay Nadal would be strong favourite to win this one but on hard Berdych has bigger chances to give him tough fight.