** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

ATP - Masters Series Madrid

The Draw: http://www.atptennis.com/1/posting/2006/1536/mds.pdf [1] FEDERER, Roger vs Bye GAUDIO, Gaston vs MASSU, Nicolas SODERLING, Robin vs ROCHUS, Olivier Bye vs [16] FERRERO, Juan Carlos [12] ANCIC, Mario vs Bye GINEPRI, Robby vs [WC] LOPEZ, Feliciano CHELA, Juan Ignacio vs [WC] MOYA, Carlos Bye vs [7] ROBREDO, Tommy [4] NALBANDIAN, David vs Bye Q vs Q VERDASCO, Fernando vs [WC] HENMAN, Tim Bye vs [14] FERRER, David [9] BAGHDATIS, Marcos vs Bye SAFIN, Marat vs ACASUSO, Jose VLIEGEN, Kristof vs TURSUNOV, Dmitry Bye vs [8] BLAKE, James [5] DAVYDENKO, Nikolay vs Bye Q vs JOHANSSON, Joachim SRICHAPHAN, Paradorn vs Q Bye vs [10] GONZALEZ, Fernando [15] DJOKOVIC, Novak vs Bye NIEMINEN, Jarkko vs GASQUET, Richard MURRAY, Andy vs Q Bye vs [3] LJUBICIC, Ivan [6] RODDICK, Andy vs Bye GROSJEAN, Sebastien vs BJORKMAN, Jonas CALLERI, Agustin vs SERRA, Florent Bye vs [11] BERDYCH, Tomas [13] HAAS, Tommy vs Bye MONFILS, Gael vs HRBATY, Dominik MALISSE, Xavier vs Q Bye vs [2] NADAL, Rafael Some interesting early prices from Stanjames. Soderling is priced 2.1 to beat Olivier Rochus (1.67). I would've made him a slight favourite on recent form and don't think this price will last.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP - Masters Series Madrid Agustin Calleri vs Florent Serra Calleri likes the surface in Madrid better then Serra and always plays pretty good here. He had a great summer, winning Kitzbuhel, losing in the finals in New Haven vs Davydenko and some semi-finals He hasn't played since the US Open and there is a questionmark on the form but last week in Vienna he played a very good first set vs Ljubici before losing it on tie-break. Calleri has a great serve and good power on his shots and gonna be a tough nut for Serra to crack. Not to mension that Serra pulled out of Vienna last week. Maybe injury? Calleri - 1.65 @ Pinnacle 10/10 Carlos Moya vs Juan-Ignacio Chela Yeah...Moya used to be a great player, but now a days he's nothing more then an overrated loser who barely wins any matches anymore and doesn't look motivated at all anymore. He didn't impress anyone playing in Vienna. If Chela can reaches full capacity he's gonna be a a really big threat to Moya and the price is simply to nice to miss Chela - 2.81 @ Pinnacle 7/10 Robby Ginepri vs Feliciano Lopez Ginepri played well in Bangkok losing to Ljubicic in the quarter-finals but then next week in Tokyo he lost too easy vs Del Porto (6-2, 6-2) and I heard that he looked like a zombie in that match. He also withdraw from Vienna so there is a big questionmark on his recent form. Lopez is a favorite in Madrid so he's gonna be motivated and try extra hard to beat Ginepri Feliciano Lopez - 1.90 @ Paddy Power 10/10 Im not tuching these following games and the reasons are: Nicolas Massu vs Gaston Gaudio Massu didn't impress in last weeks loss vs Vliegen in Stockholm and Gaudio hasn't played since the US Open and he's not known for any good results in Madrid. Only one win in four games. Sebastien Grosjean vs Jonas Bjorkman Grosjean injured his shoulder in Vienna and Bjorkman had some problems with a virus infection in Stockholm. Tim Henman vs Fernando Verdasco Gotta sleep over this...lol...Verdasco had some problems with a virus infection and must see if I can find any news about this.

Re: ATP - Masters Series Madrid

The Draw: Some interesting early prices from Stanjames. Soderling is priced 2.1 to beat Olivier Rochus (1.67). I would've made him a slight favourite on recent form and don't think this price will last.
50-50 match IMO Rochus showed some great play in Stockholm, maybe even better then Soderling. Not worth playing @ lower prices

Yeah...Moya used to be a great player' date=' but now a days he's nothing more then an overrated loser who barely wins any matches anymore.[/quote'] :eek He's not as good as he used to be, but what the hell... Carlos Moya(2006): 1 title(Buenos Aires), 1 final(Chennai), 2 semis(Estoril, Umag), a couple of 1/4-Finals and very strong performances in the US Open and Miami(he smashed Rafael Nadal)...Nothing wrong with Moya.

Re: ATP - Masters Series Madrid Yeah and most of those were at the beginning of the season.After that he had just an average appearances.And on hard he is less convincing than on clay.Lose against Del Potro and win over poor hard player Almagro latelly.Value is clearly on Chela side as I don't see such a huge difference in abilities here.2.81 for me in Pinnacle is ok and I'm on it.

:eek He's not as good as he used to be, but what the hell... Carlos Moya(2006): 1 title(Buenos Aires), 1 final(Chennai), 2 semis(Estoril, Umag), a couple of 1/4-Finals and very strong performances in the US Open and Miami(he smashed Rafael Nadal)...Nothing wrong with Moya.
hehe...you must excuse my sometimes poor english..I ment much shorter time..he got only one win (Almagro) in last four matches. I expressed myself badly ;)

Re: ATP - Masters Series Madrid Sebastien Grosjean v Jonas Bjorkman I dont know what Grosjean is thinking about, playing with a shoulder injury even if it's a lighter injury. He could make it worse with bad luck. Bjorkman perhaps can take advantage of Grosjeans injury so I see small value on the price on Bjorkman who sad he's feeling much better now then last week when he was struggling with a virus infection. Jonas Bjorkman 4.35 @ Pinnacle 5/10

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventChela - Moya
SelectionChela
Strength10/10
Date16/10/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.81 (Back)
ReasoningReally nice odds here on Chela as I don't see such a big class difference as bookies do.Moya had good beginning of the season and mid-season but now he is nothing special and he plays just an average tennis.Lose against young Del-Potro and a win against Almagro can't be impressive at all.More to that he rather prefers clay than hard.Chela gave really tough 1st set to Nalbandian in Viena and after that I don't know what happened to him because he losed another two sets easilly 2:6 2:6.I expect much heavier task for Moya than the odds are suggesting.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventVerdasco - Henman
SelectionVerdasco
Strength10/10
Date16/10/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.02 (Back)
ReasoningI'm on young Spanish player here.He is talented and he really knows how to play tennis.Althought his recent results are not so impressive I remember his great match against Roddick at US Open and I know what he is capable of.I really don't know what we can expect from Henman here.He played great Tokyo tournament where he made it to the final but is is very unstable player and after great performance he can get a bad one right away in next tournament.Verdasco is playing at home so motivation will be surelly on his side.I'm going to try and back him.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventLopez - Ginepri
SelectionLopez
Strength10/10
Date16/10/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.82 (Back)
ReasoningBoth players in not so great form but I've decided to go with Lopez.This should be interesting match.Lopez has home advantage and crowd on his side.Ginepri on the other side played really well here last year when he made it to the SF but his last performance in Tokyo was crap and Lopez seems to be slighty better choice here.

Re: ATP - Masters Series Madrid I think that moya game will go 3 sets. I watched him midweek and to be honest i think he will call it a day soon. In his prime he was brilliant but he is just making up the numbers these days...As for chela he is hard to predict as to what he will do lol a bit like my pc. As DD said on his day he can beat anybody... BOL to all who have action today and the reminder of the week.... majid

Sebastien Grosjean v Jonas Bjorkman I dont know what Grosjean is thinking about, playing with a shoulder injury even if it's a lighter injury. He could make it worse with bad luck. Bjorkman perhaps can take advantage of Grosjeans injury so I see small value on the price on Bjorkman who sad he's feeling much better now then last week when he was struggling with a virus infection. Jonas Bjorkman 4.35 @ Pinnacle 5/10
So that means Grosjean can't cover the 5 games HC @ 1.8, right? Medium to high odds on that one?

Re: ATP - Masters Series Madrid Ginepri saved 10 out of 11 beak balls..lol Dmitry Tursunov vs Kristof Vliegen After winning the Mumbai tournament, Turnunov had problems winning vs Wang and then lost to Lee in Tokyo and finally last week lost to Stakhovsky. Can't say I'm impressed by those results. Vliegen showed good play in Stockholm reaching the quarter-finals (maybe should reach semi) and reaching the finals in the doubles. Sometimes when I see Tursunov play it feels like he just hits the ball and hopes for the best. IF Vliegen can serve as good as in Stockholm he could be a bigger threat to Tursunov then the price suggest. Kristof Vliegen - 2.89 @ Pinnacle 5/10 Richard Gasquet vs Jarkko Nieminen The main reason why I'm betting against Nieminen is simple. In the finals vs Blake he looked all dead and it appears that he need a vacation. I'm hoping that Gasquet can show the good play he showed in the first set vs Roddick last week in Vienna. Richard Gasquet - 1.57 @ Pinnacle Sports 10/10 Dominik Hrbaty vs Gael Monfils Monfils missed Bangkok, Tokyo and Moscow because of injury so there is a big questionmark on his form. Hrbaty played well in Vienna, reaching the semi-finals so I'm going to give him a chance. Dominik Hrbaty - 1.59 @ Pinnacle 10/10

Re: ATP - Masters Series Madrid Anyone think Johansson could be worth opposing after his good run last week? His last 2 matches in Stockholm were long 3 setters. After being out so long with injury he'll surely be feeling a bit fatigued this week and won't have the adrenalin of the home crowd to help him through. His opponent Del Potro has been in fine form recently. He came through qualifying with wins over 2 decent players in Mahut and Mathieu so he has clearly adapted well to conditions despite his inexperince on this surface. He has also hammered Ginepri and Moya in recent weeks and in his last tournament in Spain in July he won a hardcourt challenger event beating talent in Verdasco and Becker along the way. Del Potro available at 2.8 at Pinnacle. Looks worth a punt to me.

Re: ATP - Masters Series Madrid Tommy Robredo vs Juan-Ignacio Chela This doesnt seem to be a good week for the spanish players. Verdasco, Moya, Fraile, Navarro and Lopez are all gone and I'm hoping its adios for Robredo too. I know Moya didn'y play his best tennis yesterday when losing to Chela but I can't still understand why the price is so high on Chela. He showed yesterday that he likes the surface and if play as good as yesterday he's gonna be a big threat to Robredo who doesn't love the surface and he's not in a great form. Chela - 2.75 @ Bet365 10/10

Anyone think Johansson could be worth opposing after his good run last week? His last 2 matches in Stockholm were long 3 setters. After being out so long with injury he'll surely be feeling a bit fatigued this week and won't have the adrenalin of the home crowd to help him through. His opponent Del Potro has been in fine form recently. He came through qualifying with wins over 2 decent players in Mahut and Mathieu so he has clearly adapted well to conditions despite his inexperince on this surface. He has also hammered Ginepri and Moya in recent weeks and in his last tournament in Spain in July he won a hardcourt challenger event beating talent in Verdasco and Becker along the way. Del Potro available at 2.8 at Pinnacle. Looks worth a punt to me.
How does del potro return a serve. ?f johansson's serve kicks in it will be a quick game. The court is pretty fast. Monfils was hiting booming forehands and aces today...This is hard one to call...