** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

ATP - Masters Series Madrid

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP - Masters Series Madrid

F Gonzalez to bt N Djokovic 5pts @ 2.1 (bet365) Gonzalez should be favourite here, Djokovic is good, but Gonzalez is in the next level up, and should win depsite his shoulder.
Why are you so sure that he's gonna bit Djokovic? Gonzalez isn't in a good shape.

F Gonzalez to bt N Djokovic 5pts @ 2.1 (bet365) Gonzalez should be favourite here, Djokovic is good, but Gonzalez is in the next level up, and should win depsite his shoulder.
Gonzalez takes it 7-5 5-7 7-5, winning the last 5 games with some stunning tennis. :nana

Berdych the only positive thing today... :) I'm gonna be gone for a while...gonna move and it's gonna take time before I get internet in my new apartment. God knows how long...took them bastard whole month last time.. Pz
Comme back soon mate,gud punters allways needed...:clap :clap :clap

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventHantuchova - Kuznetsova
SelectionHantuchova
Strength10/10
Date21/10/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 3.75 (Back)
ReasoningThose odds are just too high for me.Many of the top players are tired at the end of the season and you never know what to expect from them.The same is with Kuznetsova.Last week she losed easilly against Zvonareva 1:6 3:6.Hantuchova on the other hand is playing rather good at the moment winning over Schnyder.She also has more time to rest as Mauresmo retired.Kuznetsova matches against Hantuchova were never easy.Last two ended with her wins but one was after two tb 7:6 7:6 and second played this year at Dubai was three set match 3:6 6:1 7:5.This should be more equall match than the odds are suggesting and with a bit of luck Hantuchova may do a small surprise.All in all this is SF and both players should give all they have.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventBryan/Bryan - Knowles/Nestor
SelectionKnowles/Nestor
Strength10/10
Date22/10/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 3.61 (Back)
ReasoningSuch big odds for a final game between nr 1 and nr 3 of this tournament.No way.I'm going to take underdogs here.Bryan brothers are not undefeated.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventBryan/Bryan - Knowles/Nestor
SelectionKnowles/Nestor
Strength10/10
Date22/10/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 3.61 (Back)
ReasoningSuch big odds for a final game between nr 1 and nr 3 of this tournament.No way.I'm going to take underdogs here.Bryan brothers are not undefeated.
Randall mate, I am very unimpressed. I come to these forums as I'm sure many people do, to look at what you guys say and a lot of the time take action on it. To recommend this play with a strength of 10/10 is laughable. It actually inspired me to register and post. I understand as a professional gambler the odds are worth punting on, but to recommend such a play with a strength of 10/10...reckless. I personally hope you didn't wager too much on this, as the Bryan brothers are in form and not looking like dropping to these guys. I could be proven wrong, but what you've effectively said is that the Bryan Brothers have a 0/10 chance of winning. That's just stupid. :wall I know this might come across as offensive, but I'm just saying, keep up the good tips, using commen sense and knowledge, not just a theory that the other team WILL win because "the bryan brothers aren't undefeated".

I could be proven wrong, but what you've effectively said is that the Bryan Brothers have a 0/10 chance of winning.
No, 10/10 means that on a scale of 1-10pts, with 10pts being the most that he would bet on a single event, he would bet 10pts on this event. That's not the same as saying it is 100% certain to happen.

Re: ATP - Masters Series Madrid ****, I am sorry. As you can tell I am a total newbie. I always thought it meant their rating on how strong the bet was. As in 100% confident. Randall, I apologise. You're still a fruitloop for posting that tip, but I was wrong as well. For those of you playing at home, final score: Bryan/Bryan def Knowles/Nestor 7-5 6-4

... I understand as a professional gambler the odds are worth punting on, but to recommend such a play with a strength of 10/10...reckless. I personally hope you didn't wager too much on this, as the Bryan brothers are in form and not looking like dropping to these guys. I could be proven wrong, but what you've effectively said is that the Bryan Brothers have a 0/10 chance of winning. That's just stupid. :wall I know this might come across as offensive, but I'm just saying, keep up the good tips, using commen sense and knowledge, not just a theory that the other team WILL win because "the bryan brothers aren't undefeated".
That's the whole point mate. He felt the odds are worth punting, so why not hit it with his usual play (some confusion, granted)? Any punter worth his salt should know that picking winners isn't necessarily what it's about, but backing value can be, win, lose or draw - this is what I like about Randall's tips. Just so happens lose in this case but that doesn't mean it wasn't a good bet - Knowles/Nester had won the tournament three of the last four by the way, and the Bryan's scraped through yesterday. It's important to keep the feel of these forums positive and supportive IMO. It cultivates intelligence (and good punting), unlike the way polititions behave. One way to achieve this is to read "the bryan brothers aren't undefeated" for the sense it was meant (it said a lot) rather than making ones own interpretation and nailing someone on the ten paragraphs they decided not to write. Ash.