** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Worcester 18th October.

Carl

Im going to use this thread for the PL race day meeting to hopefully find us some winners for the day. Racing post will publish the cards tomorrow, so can we use this thread for thoughts/ramblings/ideas and info we might get from now till Tuesday. Lets help make everyone a few quid on race day.

Re: Worcester 18th October. Last time we went to Worcester I posted up a load of trainer stats showing who were the most successful trainers at Worcester over the last 3 years. I thought I got it from the Racing Post but I cant for the life of me find them anymore? Anyone help?

Re: Worcester 18th October.

Last time we went to Worcester I posted up a load of trainer stats showing who were the most successful trainers at Worcester over the last 3 years. I thought I got it from the Racing Post but I cant for the life of me find them anymore? Anyone help?
did it prove profitable?

did it prove profitable?
A valid question and the answer is no :lol I wouldnt mind seeing them again though. My lasting memory of Worcester was doing my form study the night before and thinking i'd found a great value bet on a Jonjo O'Neill/ AP McCoy horse, priced at about 10/1 in a big handicap. I had a decent sized each way bet on it before I caught my train in the morning. As we were the sponsors, a few of us got talking to Jonjo before the race (nice chap) and we asked what the horses chances were. His reply was something like "Dont back it today lads, its been raining and he wont like that at all, at least the race will improve his fitness". I said to him "I've already backed it!" and he just laughed :lol

I said to him "I've already backed it!" and he just laughed
:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin Please put that in your sig AK. AK to Jonjo ONeil I said to him "I've already backed it!" and he just laughed.

TIME TITLEPrint-outs FORM RP FORM PROFILES PEDS
1:50 punterslounge.com Betting Forum Mares' Only Novices' Hurdle (Cl4)>right_arrow_1_b.gifright_arrow_1_b.gifright_arrow_1_b.gifright_arrow_0_b.gif
2:20 worcester-racecourse.co.uk Handicap Chase (Cl5)>right_arrow_1_b.gifright_arrow_1_b.gifright_arrow_1_b.gifright_arrow_0_b.gif
2:50 wbx.com World Bet Exchange Maiden Hurdle (Cl4)>right_arrow_1_b.gifright_arrow_1_b.gifright_arrow_1_b.gifright_arrow_0_b.gif
3:20 >Fred Rimell Memorial Beginners' Chase (Cl3)>right_arrow_1_b.gifright_arrow_1_b.gifright_arrow_1_b.gifright_arrow_0_b.gif
3:50 World Bet Exchange wbx.com Handicap Hurdle (Cl4)>right_arrow_1_b.gifright_arrow_1_b.gifright_arrow_1_b.gifright_arrow_0_b.gif
4:20 Richard Davis Memorial Handicap Chase (Cl3)>right_arrow_1_b.gifright_arrow_1_b.gifright_arrow_1_b.gifright_arrow_0_b.gif
4:50 Julie McGoff Happy Birthday Standard National Hunt Flat Race (Conditional Jockeys/Amateur Riders) (Cl6)

Re: Worcester 18th October. Ive already marked down D.Pipes in 'our' race;) and how good is this race....

4:20 arrow_next_race.gifRichard Davis Memorial Handicap Chase (Class 3) (4yo+,0-130) Winner £
22 run
icon_print.gif PRINT
2m4f110y SOFT
No.FormHorseTrainerWgtJockeyOR
11321Key Phil 26 course_winner.gifdistance_winner.gifD J Wintle 811-12Robert Lucey-Butler(5) 130
2U-16Nayodabayo 155 distance_winner.gifbeaten_favourite.gifEvan Williams 611-11129
3102-Briery Fox 175 distance_winner.gifbeaten_favourite.gifH D Daly 811-10128
418PFCameron Bridge 24 course_distance_winner.gifP J Hobbs 1011-10128
5708-Fait Le Jojo 186 distance_winner.gifL Corcoran 911-10Howie Ephgrave(5) 128
64F3-Be My Better Half 179 distance_winner.gifJonjo O´Neill 1111-8126
71132Possextown 17 course_winner.gifbeaten_favourite.gifN G Richards 811-7Tony Dobbin 125
8611-Lorient Express 188 Miss Venetia Williams 711-5Sam Thomas 123
93232Steppes Of Gold 11 Jonjo O´Neill 911-2120
10850-Alexanderthegreat 290 distance_winner.gifFerdy Murphy 811-2120
11F14-Nice Try 186 distance_winner.gifMiss Venetia Williams 711-1119
1213-PGive Me Love 40 A G Juckes 611-1Andrew Tinkler 119
132265Green Finger 25 P Bowen 811-1T J O´Brien 119
14513-Another Native 186 distance_winner.gifC J Mann 810-11Noel Fehily 115
15-2PPMajor Euro 118 course_distance_winner.gifS J Gilmore 910-11115
168P8-Alam 290 Dr R D P Newland 710-8Dominic Elsworth 112
1776-9Baodai 11 P J Hobbs 410-4122
1823P-Arumun 208 M Scudamore 510-4108
19141-Caribou 192 O Sherwood 410-4Leighton Aspell 122
20-521Saucy Night 17 distance_winner.gifSimon Earle 1010-2106
21P14-Maljimar 188 Nick Williams 69-12102
22/4-3Rival Bidder 22 course_winner.gifdistance_winner.gifMrs S J Smith 99-393
Click horse to view form, trainer to view recent runners and jockey to see recent rides
Long Handicap: Maljimar 9-12, Rival Bidder 9-3
STEPPES OF GOLD:nana:nana class horse

Re: Worcester 18th October. at least its not forecast for rain up to the 'big day' Weather for Worcester:

TodaySaturday Sunday Monday Tuesday
5 Day Forecast.1.gif3.gif3.gif1.gif3.gif
Temperature (°C)max 18 min 8 max 18 min 12 max 15 min 8 max 17 min 5 max 15 min 6

Re: Worcester 18th October. looks like we are in for a wet couple of days. Weather for Worcester:

TodayTuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday
5 Day Forecast.3.gif15.gif10.gif14.gif12.gif
Temperature (°C)max 18 min 10 max 15 min 12 max 17 min 14 max 16 min 12 max 18 min 11

Re: Worcester 18th October. N.G.Richards has a decent strike rate over Hurdles at Worcester and he has WESTGROVE BERRY in the first ridden by a jockey who claims to have 38% SR over hurdles here. some other bits and pieces we have come up with today are; C.Mann has 2 out the last 1 being in that piss pot race at 4.50 which ill ignore for now but he has another out called ANOTHER NATIVE which is a very good capable beast over hurdles.-Notes ive got are -BoldJumer loves big open fields and runs for ever on soft ground. ps its FEHILY's only ride (so far but things can change)

Re: Worcester 18th October. Nick Williams has a S.R of 43% at worcester over chase and hes sending up from down south MALIJIMAR who is also declared to run tomorrow at Exeter which is nearer home so watch for that if its pulled out tomorrow. AP has no rides as of yet. Jonjo still has plenty of runners so might be worth siding with your mate AK;) but my big fancy for Wednesday is Pipes horse. RIVER TIGRIS which is in the first or the 4.20? race again his only runner wednesday the last race is down to the trainers in NHF- jonjo=33% Strike rate Nicholls=29% henderson=26% and last but not least my fancy Rimmells runner LOCOMBE BAY -needs furthr than 1mile 5f this is 2m and he has a 50% SR at NHF at worcester. Doing some more research tomoz.

Re: Worcester 18th October. any truth in the rumour that this has been cancelled on the recomendation of the police as they have recieved inside knowledge that an extremist group are planning a "big surprise" there??? A friend in the know says that they were planning "a massive" operation with many disguised in "wonder woman" costumes so as not to attract attention!! :eek:eek:eek:eek

Nick Williams has a S.R of 43% at worcester over chase and hes sending up from down south MALIJIMAR who is also declared to run tomorrow at Exeter which is nearer home so watch for that if its pulled out tomorrow. AP has no rides as of yet. Jonjo still has plenty of runners so might be worth siding with your mate AK;) but my big fancy for Wednesday is Pipes horse. RIVER TIGRIS which is in the first or the 4.20? race again his only runner wednesday the last race is down to the trainers in NHF- jonjo=33% Strike rate Nicholls=29% henderson=26% and last but not least my fancy Rimmells runner LOCOMBE BAY -needs furthr than 1mile 5f this is 2m and he has a 50% SR at NHF at worcester. Doing some more research tomoz.
Good work, Carl!:clap

Re: Worcester 18th October. Race cards are out now with jockey bookings. Some of our big fancy's are not running but Ill update 'our' reports later. Stil got some decent priced winners except for the 3.20 which our 2 main fancy's are now not running. back later with more. Feel free anyone to add there own info tips etc.

Re: Worcester 18th October. Right I still need some more info but this is what we've come up with so far. 1.50- My main fancy was WESTGROVE BERRY but its not running now so im siding between THEATRE DIVA-Big Irish Bog trotter top weight and won LTO over 2mile2f drop back to 2mile for this @ 2/1. Also big fancy for D.E.Pipes 'only runner' RIVER TIGRIS 16/1 poss good E/W. 2.20 Hard race this 1,Ive noticed P.KINSELLA has just the 1 ride and at 20/1 YELLOW EARL maybe worth a little e/w Rimmel runs REAL DEFINITION and he has a 50% S.R over chases but the 1 to possibly be on is Scudamores NORSEMAN CATELINE 2nd LTO only 7 days ago over this distance. 2.50 my little fancy, MOUNTAIN APPROACH won LTO at Worcester over 2m, but trainer has said she's better over longer and this 2m4f might suit.She's a fillie so expect a fillies allowance FAV is too short a price and TBH I dont fancy it and at 16/1 Mountain Approach might just get me out of the shite;) 3.20 Both the horses I liked are not running now so need more info. 3.50 again there was 2 running which are not now which leaves my other fancy SEYMOUR WELD trainer has 40% S.R over hurdles CD wiiner and son/brother rides for trainer witha claimer.20/1 4.20 Another race I really fancy is ANOTHER NATIVE. C.Mann has a good record here and he's quoted to saying that this horse loves big open fields as he's a big bold jumper and also it's FEHILYs only ride of the day.5/1 NAP 4.50 Well fook me its going to be a lottery all the main trainers who have good records in NHF races have pulled out leaving a load of shite. more info needed and hopefully by then I'll be that pissed I wont care WTF has won:lol Heres to a cracking day out lads:beer

Re: Worcester 18th October. nice one Carl, i have just started studying the card & will input during the afternoon today 1.50 APOLLO LADY makes debut over hurdles after a succesful NH flat career last season winning 1st 2 minor races & then a decent 3rd at Sandown in March behind a decent henderson prospect. Its final run was in the aintree bumper where it finished half way down a large field. This doesnt look much of a race, so i would expect a big run for a stable in form. 2.50 LEADING CONTENDER could be a decent animal. Won 2 NH flat races last seaosn & then finished down the field in the Cheltenham bumper. Hobbs schooling is normally spot on so expect a big run here but a shortish price. 3.20 NOR'NOR'EAST - i would expect this to run well & could be Jonjo's best bet of the day. Was impressive over hurdles last season & should make the switch to larger obstacles.

2.50 LEADING CONTENDER could be a decent animal. Won 2 NH flat races last seaosn & then finished down the field in the Cheltenham bumper. Hobbs schooling is normally spot on so expect a big run here but a shortish price.
I kept looking at that but for some reason something put me off it although looking at the form it should go well. I cant think what it was that put me off it. *Now I do it was the 5/4 price (ATR) not worth it tbh Also bowles while your around 3.15 Punchestown-IKTITAF tomorrow;)