Australia - A League (13-14 Oct)

Re: Australia - A League (13-14 Oct)

I used to look at H2Hs too much and they influenced my decisions. They can ruin u if u take them too seriously. I now only beleive them to be appropriate for really big games such as derbies. sometimes there are other circumstances as well.
I respect your opinion and you make a very good point...Not sure what i think of them really lol, especially in the scandinavian leagues, h2h mean nothing there...Hard to believe tho it took Melbourne seven games to score against Adelaide...Hopefully they won't have that trouble today.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Australia - A League (13-14 Oct) Perth Glory v Queensland Roar Date: Sunday October 15 Kick-off (local time): 5.00pm Venue: Members Equity Stadium Previous meeting Queensland 3 Perth 0 (Suncorp Stadium, Hyundai A-League round one, August 2006) Last five results Perth: Draw - Loss - Loss - Win - Win Queensland: Draw - Win - Draw - Loss - Draw Analysis The size of the gulf which existed between Perth Glory and Queensland Roar on the opening day has certainly been reducing steadily throughout the first phase of matches thanks to coach Ron Smith's meticulous attention to detail. After the 3-0 whitewash of the Newcastle Jets, Smith's men accounted for New Zealand 1-0 without the marquee services of retiring Socceroo Stan Lazaridis on the left. Lazaridis returns to the Glory side for this Sunday's clash with the Roar aiming to help his hometown club register three consecutive Hyundai A-League victories for the first time and overtake Queensland in the process. After opening the season with a surge of fluid attacking and goals-a-plenty, the visitor has won just once in its past five games although coach Miron Bleiberg is rightfully satisfied with his side's 12-point haul from the first seven matches - a tally he points out should have been 14 with a win over Adelaide at Suncorp. And with four of Queensland's next seven matches at home, plus a trip to New Zealand, a playoff berth as a minimum is in its own hands. The Roar reverted to its more usual high intensity pressing game against Sydney FC last weekend, a policy which successfully restricted Benito Carbone of the ball and which might have won all three points but for Alvin Ceccoli's wonderfully struck goal on the cusp of half-time. Against the defending champ, Bleiberg dropped Marcus Wedau to the bench and bought in young guns Massimo Murdocca and Spase Dilevski to accompany Matt McKay - a dynamic midfield with an average age of just 22. He will be tempted to keep the trio together this week with 18-year-old Dario Vidosic also pressing his claims to start in place of Ante Milicic although Remo Buess' inclusion in the travelling party indicates one of Andrew Packer or Hyuk-Su Seo will be moving back into midfield. Yuning Zhang is still overseas while club captain Chad Gibson is again omitted but striker Simon Lynch does make the trip despite having trained only sporadically over recent rounds because of blisters caused by a change of boots. Perth is expected to bring in Lazaridis for Mimi Saric on the left while midfielder David Micevski is also added to an extended squad. Leo Bertos has recovered from the injury which forced him from the field last week while in-form enforcer Simon Colosimo who has been outstanding for Perth this season, is walking the tightrope of three yellow cards.

Hard to believe tho it took Melbourne seven games to score against Adelaide...Hopefully they won't have that trouble today.
yeh I mean thats the sort of thing that can get to a team mentally. some sides have 'bogey' teams or stadiums, although sometimes u need more than stats to be aware of some of those. H2H are a very interesting thing to consider, always facinating really

Re: Australia - A League (13-14 Oct) Perth Glory Vs Queensland Roar

Past matches

Aug 26, 2006

A-League

Queensl. Roar

3 - 0

Perth Glory

Jan 07, 2006

A-League

Perth Glory

0 - 2

Queensl. Roar

Oct 29, 2005

A-League

Queensl. Roar

0 - 0

Perth Glory

Sep 10, 2005

A-League

Perth Glory

1 - 2

Queensl. Roar

Perth are yet to beat the Roar in the A League and have only managed one point in four games played, and the same goes for goals against Queensland, scoring only the one so far. Queensland have had two away wins against Perth and they are away again today, and they seem to have the Glory’s measure at the moment in four games played in the A League.

Last 8

M

W

D

L

P

F

A

Perth

Home

Queensland

Away

Perth are fair at home, but they are great when playing this Sunday afternoon fixture as the heat and humidity can affect opposition teams, not so Queensland though as they hail from the sunny state and it shouldn’t bother them too much as it’s just as hot up there. The Roar have a good away record with no trouble scoring goals, but they can also concede them too, but 4 of those were against Melbourne 2 weeks ago.

Perth Welcome back Stan Lazaridis from his last Australian appearance last weekend while the Roar are missin Zhang who is out of the country.

SHOTS PER GOAL

Team

On goal

Goals

Shots per Goal

Perth Glory

Queensland Roar

Queensland are clearly the better when it comes to scoring goals but the Glory have been making ground steadily the past few weeks and it should be an interesting contest.

CURRENT ODDS

X

Perth

2-30

3-20

2-85

Queensland

I really like the way Perth have been playing and with Stan the man back in the team they are going to be hard to beat…I am almost thinking this is going to be a draw but I can’t resist the odds of Queensland at $2-85 as they are in the top four of A League clubs and their form apart from the Melbourne game has been excellent.

I give Perth a top chance to win as they are gelling well at the moment but I am going to go with Queensland purely for value. The Roar have a variety of scoring options and defensively they are very sound and at worst I think Queensland will either win or draw.

BET Queensland Roar Straight Out to Win @ $2-85 for Medium stakes Draw/Queensland HT/FT Double @ $6-50 for Medium Stakes Over 2.5 @ $1.87 for Medium Stakes Correct Score Queensland 2-1 winners @ $9-50 for Low stakes

Re: Australia - A League (13-14 Oct) Times goals have been scored

Team

0-15

16-30

31-45

46-60

61-75

76-90

Melbourne

4 - 0

3 - 2

1 - 0

4 - 0

2 - 0

3 - 2

Adelaide Utd

2 - 0

3 - 1

1 - 2

3 - 2

2 - 0

1 - 4

Perth Glory

0 - 1

0 - 0

2 - 2

1 - 2

1 - 1

4 - 4

Queensland

3 - 1

1 - 2

1 - 2

1 - 1

1 - 0

6 - 1

Melbourne and Queensland like to score early, as do Adelaide. Melbourne are dangerous at the start of each half, but so are Adelaide. Perth and Queensland like to score late in the game. Perth and Adelaide tend to concede late in the game and just before and after half time.

Perth vs Queensland Another good game, its a long road trip for Queensland here of about 3-4 hours so that should favour Perth. The Glory also welcome back Stan Lazarides after international duties and he has been one of the leagues best defenders this season and the reason why Perth have comeback to form. Bobby Despotovski is also playing very well as is Simon Collosimo, Leo Bertos and Stu Young. They have a fairly well balanced side Perth and will be hard to look past at home tonight. Queensland played well against Sydney last week and probably should of won, but some poor finishing and lapses in concentration when defending cost them dearly and they drew 1-1. Queensland have been reknown for their fast and attacking football this season but in a couple of games that has been non-existant, so it will be interesting to see which team turns up tonight. I slightly favour Perth here and at $2.30 for the win that is great value. The Draw/Perth is also appealing at $5.25 and well worth taking, my longshot will be Bobby Despotovski at $6.00 to score first. A draw does look a possible result here so if your bookie offers Asian Handicap betting then take Perth on the -0.25 AH and that should cover you. Pick Perth to WIN at $2.30 - (6/10) Pick Draw/Perth at $5.25 - (4/10) or the ads25 longshot of: Pick Bobby Despotovski to SCORE FIRST at $6.00 - (2/10) Good luck all! :ok
:loon:loon:loon:loon:loon Oh No Ads...Not often we are at opposite ends of the spectrum and it might be a good sign to leave this game alone. Spose one of us will be a winner anyway :ok Unless it's a draw :dude

Re: Australia - A League (13-14 Oct) Beejay looks we will have to agree to disagree. Me tipping Perth and you picking Queensland doesnt sit well, all we need is for Mig to suggest who he thinks will win and we will have more idea. My suggestion is not to put money on this one as its a very risky one

Re: Australia - A League (13-14 Oct) WEB BROADCAST FOR TODAY’S GAMES

MELBOURNE VS ADELAIDE

SEN 1116AM (Melbourne) www.sen.com.au Click on the little radio top right here it says “Listen Live” Commentary from Melbourne and they get excited when Archie Thompson breaks wind Life FM 107.9FM (Adelaide)

www.life.on.net Good coverage and quite good to listen to.

Open a Media Player and choose "File" - "Open URL" and copy and paste the following into the dialogue box. http://radio.internode.on.net:8040

PERTH GLORY VS QUEENSLAND ROAR

SportFM (Perth) 90.5FM

www.sportfm905.com 990AM Information Radio (Perth)

www.inforadio.com.au

Perth match sounds drawish to me with many conflicting opinions :loon for those interested, the AH line is (0) Perth @ 1.75, Q Roar @ 2.15 (Bet365, Bet1128 or Pointbet)
Meatman, Perth are a strange team mate. When they are good they are good, when they are bad they are ugly. Same goes for Queensland aswell so its a matter of which teams turn up to play. I figured that Queensland have to travel 3-4 hours to get to Perth and its a completely different atmosphere in that part of Australia which is why alot of teams struggle in PErth, not only in football but in all forms of Australian sport. Perth always seem to have strong teams. In aussie rules football a Perth team won the grand final and in the NBL basketball the Perth Wildcats are currently on top and undefeated. Gives you a bit of an idea, but Queensland are a very good side and arent 2nd on the table for no reason. This looks to me to be a 'NO BET' option and i reckon i may stear well clear. Just wanted to let everyone know the circumstances though

Re: Australia - A League (13-14 Oct) well I'm always a fan of taking on teams that have to travel a long distance I paid the price earlier today when I had some of Dinamo Moscow away to Vladivostok - 7hr plane journey. ok this is only 3-4 hours but its still a good length. In these situations I guess I could only consider backing the away team if they were pretty good - which it seems Q Roar are. I can sense this is a no bet for sure :ok

BET Queensland Roar Straight Out to Win @ $2-85 for Medium stakes WIN :clap Draw/Queensland HT/FT Double @ $6-50 for Medium Stakes WIN :clap Over 2.5 @ $1.87 for Medium Stakes WIN :clap Correct Score Queensland 2-1 winners @ $9-50 for Low stakes WIN :clap
Brilliant work beejay!! Fantastic end to what was a poor round of A-League. 4 Winners from 4 in any match in any league is tough to do, but to pick a correct scoreline along with another 3 winners is brilliant. I slightly favoured Perth in my preview and when i noticed you tipped Queensland i decided i wouldnt bet, but hopefully a few others took your tips and won some money in what was an average round otherwise. :clap :clap :clap :cheers

BET Queensland Roar Straight Out to Win @ $2-85 for Medium stakes :nana Draw/Queensland HT/FT Double @ $6-50 for Medium Stakes :nana Over 2.5 @ $1.87 for Medium Stakes :nana Correct Score Queensland 2-1 winners @ $9-50 for Low stakes:nana
I'm hope some of you got onto some of these bets cos the scoreline alone gave me a great profit on an otherwise ordinary round. :clap:clap:clap I had a feeling on the 2-1 scoreline but not sure why and to get a winner in football at $9-50 at any time is a top feeling...This league pays to take value when one of the top four glamour teams gives it...Adelaide was probably value at $4 plus considering the team they have. I was at the Melbourne/Adelaide game and still not sure how Adelaide managed to win...it was a well worked goal but totally against the run of play, and melbourne really should have buried them earlier in the second half...Melbourne tried to be too precise with their passing and it cost them. If only melbourne had of got up it would have been a magnificent round for me personally, but Queensland came through for me and got some excellent prices for my bets...I can only hope some of you fellow punters out there were fortunate enough to get on too. :cow:cow:cow Queensland my new favourite team!!! :cow:cow:cow

Brilliant work beejay!! Fantastic end to what was a poor round of A-League. 4 Winners from 4 in any match in any league is tough to do' date= but to pick a correct scoreline along with another 3 winners is brilliant. I slightly favoured Perth in my preview and when i noticed you tipped Queensland i decided i wouldnt bet, but hopefully a few others took your tips and won some money in what was an average round otherwise. :clap :clap :clap :cheers
Thanx Ads :ok Wish you were on board too...The Perth/Queensland match gave me my biggest return ever on one soccer match and to say I am over the moon is an understatement...Still can't believe the whole four saluted, I would have been happy with the Queensland win @ $2-85 and the over 2.5 result, but the HT/FT result combined with the 2-1 scoreline win made it a day to remember, especially after I done my money cold on Melbourne. You were at the game Ads...How did Melbourne not win that game?...Adelaide never ever looked like they were going to score, and Melbourne looked like they might score every time they went forward :wall

yeh I mean thats the sort of thing that can get to a team mentally. some sides have 'bogey' teams or stadiums, although sometimes u need more than stats to be aware of some of those. H2H are a very interesting thing to consider, always facinating really
Might pay to look at the h2h next time these two play Meatman as Melbourne again failed to score against Adelaide (They should have at least twice, but didn't) Eight games and Adelaide have now won seven, phenomonal effort that, and Melbourne have only scored a goal(2) in one of those games...Hard to believe Adelaide can be so dominant against the Victory over so many games.