L

P

GF

GA

Newcastle

Home

Knights

Away

Not sure if I will have time to add any more stats as have been stuck at work all day and here for another few hours still. Above stats say it all, it is Russian roulette tonight, well Australian A League roulette. The last time the Jets wona game Maradona was skinny though they have played some pretty good games against the top 4 glamour teams, and especially good game at home last time out against Melbourne. They have had terrible defensive blunders that have cost them points and games. New Zealand have scored 1 goal in all their games this season and that was by Malik Buari who is missing this weekend due to a hamstring strain, and that may have been from removing his tights during the start of last week's match when told by the referee, because he was a little bit cold.
Past matches

Aug 27, 2006

A-League

NZ Knights

0 - 0

Newcastle Jets

Jul 16, 2006

A-League

NZ Knights

1 - 1

Newcastle Jets

Jan 13, 2006

A-League

Newcastle Jets

3 - 0

NZ Knights

Nov 04, 2005

A-League

NZ Knights

2 - 4

Newcastle Jets

Sep 18, 2005

A-League

Newcastle Jets

4 - 0

NZ Knights

Newcastle have a commanding h2h record against the Knights 3-2-0 especially when playing at home and the last two games ended in a draw. Current Odds

X

Newcastle

NZ Knights

Newcastle Jets should probably win this game but I wouldn't be taking the short odds of $1-60 for them. the Knights defence is pretty good and last week thy had 22 shots against Perth and probably should have won the game if they had a finisher. The Jets score a goal every 14 shots while the Knights score a goal every 72 shots. The Knights have had 4 games end in 1-0 losses while they have had the one 1-0 win, so that is five games under 2 goals. I expect the Jets to go close to winning this especially with griffiths back, and the Knights are coming off the longest road trip in domestic football in the six hour trip to Perth. Everything is in the Jets favour with the Knights missing their best striker. This is a toss of the coin job and I wouldn't be advising to take very short odds about a team yet to win in their last 16 games. The draw might be a good bet but in reality the Jets have the strikers to kick goals, but the Knight's defence is solid at times. Toss a coin and make a bet :) Make up your own mind :ok NO BET FOR ME Wait until tomorrow :dude

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Australia - A League (13-14 Oct) Times for Goals For/Against

Team

0-15

16-30

31-45

46-60

61-75

76-90

Newcastle

0 - 3

1 - 2

2 - 4

1 - 0

1 - 3

1 – 4

NZ Knights

0 - 2

0 - 1

0 - 2

0 - 2

0 - 1

1 – 3

The Jets get scored against in every stage of the game except the 46-60 minute mark of the game. The Knights can be scored against anytime as well. Look to the Jets to maybe score around the 16-45 minute mark of the game. At $5-50 the Knights are probably good value for a game where both teams are incapable of wins, especially the AH, but they cannot score so why would anyone back a team that can't score.

Re: Australia - A League (13-14 Oct)

NZ Come On...All The Waysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Hope you are not on NZ Knights Obi they are quite hopeless, they are great defensively but they couldn't score in a brothel. Jets were probably always going to win after scoring one goal. It's over now.

Re: Australia - A League (13-14 Oct) FT Newcastle Jets 3 - 0 New Zealand Knights 72' J. North 86' S. Musialik 90' M. Rodriguez The Jets were favourites for this game at $1-60 but were always way too short to back. They have the goal power to score goals and it has always been their defence letting them down. Poor effort by the Knights but long trip to Perth last week obviously took it's toll.

I am on NZealnd and Over..So make a Draw..Lucky
Well you got the over so well done!!! I wouldn't back NZ again in a hurry Obi they struggle to score, one goal in eight games. They have good 1-0 losses against the glamour teams then when playing the bottom team and expected to have a dip, they get thumped 3-0. They are one of the poorest teams in any top level professional league I have seen.

Re: Australia - A League (13-14 Oct) Just got home from tea to find out the scores ended 3-0 to Newcastle. An incredible win concidering they hadnt won a game all year and have just sacked their coach, and also given that most other teams have struggled to get alot of goals past the Knights defence. All 3 goals came in the last 18 minutes too so fantastic effort. I didnt have a bet on this game in the end and would of backed the draw if anything, so lucky

Pick game to end in DRAW at $3.45 - (4/10) Pick total goals OVER 2.5 at $1.80 - (4/10) or the ads25 longshot of: Pick Correct Score of 2-2 at $15 - (2/10) Good luck everyone betting here!! :ok
Only got the one tip up there, always hard to pick a draw and the 2-2 wasnt real close, but it was a long shot bet at $15 anyway. The Over 2.5 goals came in and would of been pretty nerve racking watching it considering all 3 goals came in final 18 mins plus the last came in the last minute. Congrats to anyone that got on to that tip :ok

How about Melbourne win ' date='guys ? @1.80 look ok after stats ![/quote'] I will have some stats and a review shortly Veron but bear this in mind if you are taking Melbourne. They have only beaten Adelaide once in seven attempts and that was earlier this season. Form suggests they should do it again, but they have been up for a while and everyone is trying their hardest to stop the Victory's unbeaten run. :loon

I have had a bad weekend guys so I am relying on Melb to get me out of the $hit a little!:hope Melb $1.85 x $110= $203 Come on Melb, Come on Melb, Come on Melb:clap
Good luck with your bet. :ok I am going down to the game today and should be a cracker in front of a large crowd. I reckon they can get 30,000/35,000 plus today.

Good luck with your bet. :ok I am going down to the game today and should be a cracker in front of a large crowd. I reckon they can get 30,000/35,000 plus today.
I'll be at the Telstra Dome also Beejayville, Hopefully the boys can get over the line once more. I really can't see why we can't make this 9 in a row going on our present form but winning the last 8 scares me for some strange reason.:puke I took another bet this morning guys which presents good value: Qld & Melb= $4.99 x $28=$140 Come on Melb, Come on Melb, Come on Melb:notworthy

How about Melbourne win ' date='guys ? @1.80 look ok after stats ![/quote'] Your in with a very good chance Veron if Melb can turn it on again infront of a home crowd, we are playing with a full strength team also. You could definitly be betting on worse teams at the minute. Melb currently 8 from 8:cheers Adelaide currently 3 wins 1 draw 4 loses.:moon

Re: Australia - A League (13-14 Oct) Melbourne Victory v Adelaide United Previous meeting Melbourne 2 Adelaide 0 (Olympic Park, Hyundai A-League round one, August 2006) Last five results Melbourne: Win - Win - Win - Win - Win Adelaide: Win - Win - Draw - Loss - Win Analysis Adelaide United coach John Kosmina returns to club football after helping Graham Arnold's Qantas Socceroos beat Bahrain 2-0 in midweek with the unenviable task of halting Melbourne Victory's winning streak. Melbourne stretched its string of Hyundai A-League victories to eight-in-a-row last weekend in Newcastle, overtaking the milestone Adelaide had recorded itself last season on its run to the inaugural premiership. Another win will also equal Australia's all-time record of consecutive wins at national league level which stands at nine - a feat achieved by Sydney Olympic in 1984, South Melbourne in 1984-85 and Sydney United in 1996. But this Sunday at the Telstra Dome Ernie Merrick's men will face an Adelaide outfit full of verve and swagger after an utterly convincing second-half display against the Mariners - and that without Shengqing Qu and Travis Dodd who both return. Kosmina opted for a central defensive three last week but don’t be surprised if he reverts back to his more usual 4-4-2 to accommodate Dodd on the right with perhaps Qu starting on the bench behind in-form teenage striker Nathan Burns and Carl Veart upfront. Adam van Dommele drops from the squad which will be attempting to win its first away fixture this campaign while Matthew Kemp is due to make his 100th Australian national league appearance. The league's leading scorer Kevin Muscat will be rushed back into the starting XI after failing to get a game for the Socceroos in Sydney with Archie Thompson, who played the final 15 minutes against Bahrain, also recalled at the expense of short-term signing James Robinson. Merrick is forced into his first major defensive change of season with Adrian Leijer suspended after collecting four bookings. Mark Byrnes comes in as a like-for like replacement with Steve Pantelidis also added as cover. Squads Melbourne Victory: 1. Michael THEOKLITOS (gk), 2. Kevin MUSCAT, 3. Daniel PIORKOWSKI, 4. Mark BYRNES, 6. Steve PANTELIDIS, 8. FRED, 9. Daniel ALLSOPP, 10. Archie THOMPSON, 12. Rodrigo VARGAS, 13. Kristian SARKIES, 14. Adrian CACERES , 16. Simon STOREY, 17. Grant BREBNER, 18. ALESSANDRO, 19. CLAUDINHO, 20. Eugene GALEKOVIC (gk) (one to be omitted) Adelaide United: .Daniel BELTRAME (gk), 2.Richie ALAGICH, 3.Kristian REES, 4.Angelo COSTANZO, 5.Michael VALKANIS, 6.Ross ALOISI, 8.Carl VEART, 9.Matthew KEMP, 12.Greg OWENS, 13.Travis DODD, 16.Nathan BURNS, 16.Bobby PETTA, 19.Shengqing QU, 20.Robert BAJIC (gk), 21.Jason SPAGNUOLO 25. Bruce DJITE (one to be omitted)

Re: Australia - A League (13-14 Oct) Melbourne Victory Vs Adelaide United

Past matches

Aug 25, 2006

A-League

Melb. Victory

2 - 0

Adelaide Utd

Jul 16, 2006

A-League

Melb. Victory

0 - 1

Adelaide Utd

Jan 05, 2006

A-League

Adelaide Utd

1 - 0

Melb. Victory

Oct 28, 2005

A-League

Melb. Victory

0 - 1

Adelaide Utd

Sep 09, 2005

A-League

Adelaide Utd

1 - 0

Melb. Victory

Aug 06, 2005

A-League

Melb. Victory

0 - 0

Adelaide Utd

May 07, 2005

Club C'ship

Adelaide Utd

0 - 0

Melb. Victory

Adelaide clearly holds the upper hand here with a 4-2-1 record against the Victory. Melbourne have only won once against Adelaide and that was Round 2 this season when they won by two goals. Melbourne never scored against Adelaide in the first six games they played against each other.

Last 8

Games

M

W

D

L

P

F

A

Melbourne

Home

Adelaide

Away

Melbourne have a great record at home, and now they are playing at Telstra Dome they have an even greater advantage due to the ground conditions and the huge home crowd following. Melbourne are unbeaten here and are in great form at the moment Adelaide away form is fair but it should be noted they havn’t scored a goal away from home this season.

SHOTS PER GOAL

Team

On goal

Goals

Goals Per Shot

Melbourne Vict

Adelaide Utd

Shots per goal favour the home side and they are scoring at a great rate. Adelaide must score well at home because they havn’t scored away yet, so this figure for United is a bit misleading. Maybe I should have these stats for home and away too.

Melbourne get Archie Thompson back from International duty and he is a gun and a very big inclusion for the Victory. Adelaide have Shengqing Qu and Travis Dodd returning which will strengthen them up quite well

CURRENT ODDS

X

Melbourne

1-80

3-30

4-20

Adelaide

Can’t really go past Melbourne at home as they are fit, in form, playing well, scoring goals, defending well, and unbeaten. What more could you want? Good odds you say? Well I think $1-80 about Melbourne is pretty good odds for an unbeaten team playing with a disctinct home ground advantage, and considering Adelaide haven’t scored away from home yet and they are facing the League’s best defence and best attack. I am expecting a Melbourne win so I am attacking today.

BET Melbourne Straight Out Win @ $1-80 for High Stakes Melb/Melb in HT/FT Double @ $3-10 for Medium Stakes Melb 2-0 Scoreline @ $8-50 for Low Stakes Melbourne / Queensland Double @ $5-13 for Medium Stakes

Good luck and bring it on home the Victory!!!

Re: Australia - A League (13-14 Oct) Melbourne vs Adelaide Should be another ripper, im heading down to Telstra Dome tonight to watch this first hand and cant wait. I favour Melbourne here, not because they have a 100% strike rate after 7 games but because the depth they have in their squad. All you need to do is look at Melbournes bench with players like Sarkies and Storey on the bench but these would get a gig in any first team in the league. Melbourne are currently on an 8 game winning run which stretches back to last year and is an A-League record, but i am weary of Adelaide tonight as beejay pointed out Melbourne have only won 1 of 7 against Adelaide, but this is a completely different Melb side. Adelaide are playing some good football at the moment though with a good win last week against a team with title aspirations in CCM and that was without Travis Dodd and Shen Qu. Those two return tonight and they will provide a massive boost to Adelaides attacking & defending options as both are stars. Fernando Rech, Adelaides best player, remains sidelined with a serious knee injury and he is their biggest loss due to the form he was in before his injury. As for Melbourne they only miss Adrian Leijer through suspension and thats a bit of a loss cause he was also playing very well defensively, but he will be replaced by captain Kevin Muscat who was on international duty and in my opinion the best performing player in the A-League at the moment, so a verey handy relacement!! To the odds and Melb are at $1.80 which is good value for a team with 100% record playing at home. I'll take that with medium stakes due to their poor record against Adelaide, Melbourne also do start well so the HT/FT of Melb/Melb at $3.10 appeals to me also. My long shot today will be Archie Thompson to open the scoring paying $6.50 Pick Melbourne to WIN at $1.80 - (7/10) Pick Melb/Melb HT/FT at $3.10 - (4/10) or the ads25 longshot of: Pick Archie Thompson to SCORE FIRST at $6.50 - (2/10)

Re: Australia - A League (13-14 Oct) Perth vs Queensland Another good game, its a long road trip for Queensland here of about 3-4 hours so that should favour Perth. The Glory also welcome back Stan Lazarides after international duties and he has been one of the leagues best defenders this season and the reason why Perth have comeback to form. Bobby Despotovski is also playing very well as is Simon Collosimo, Leo Bertos and Stu Young. They have a fairly well balanced side Perth and will be hard to look past at home tonight. Queensland played well against Sydney last week and probably should of won, but some poor finishing and lapses in concentration when defending cost them dearly and they drew 1-1. Queensland have been reknown for their fast and attacking football this season but in a couple of games that has been non-existant, so it will be interesting to see which team turns up tonight. I slightly favour Perth here and at $2.30 for the win that is great value. The Draw/Perth is also appealing at $5.25 and well worth taking, my longshot will be Bobby Despotovski at $6.00 to score first. A draw does look a possible result here so if your bookie offers Asian Handicap betting then take Perth on the -0.25 AH and that should cover you. Pick Perth to WIN at $2.30 - (6/10) Pick Draw/Perth at $5.25 - (4/10) or the ads25 longshot of: Pick Bobby Despotovski to SCORE FIRST at $6.00 - (2/10) Good luck all! :ok

Re: Australia - A League (13-14 Oct) Squads Melbourne Victory: 1. Michael THEOKLITOS (gk), 2. Kevin MUSCAT, 3. Daniel PIORKOWSKI, 4. Mark BYRNES, 6. Steve PANTELIDIS, 8. FRED, 9. Daniel ALLSOPP, 10. Archie THOMPSON, 12. Rodrigo VARGAS, 13. Kristian SARKIES, 14. Adrian CACERES , 16. Simon STOREY, 17. Grant BREBNER, 18. ALESSANDRO, 19. CLAUDINHO, 20. Eugene GALEKOVIC (gk) (one to be omitted) Adelaide United: .Daniel BELTRAME (gk), 2.Richie ALAGICH, 3.Kristian REES, 4.Angelo COSTANZO, 5.Michael VALKANIS, 6.Ross ALOISI, 8.Carl VEART, 9.Matthew KEMP, 12.Greg OWENS, 13.Travis DODD, 16.Nathan BURNS, 16.Bobby PETTA, 19.Shengqing QU, 20.Robert BAJIC (gk), 21.Jason SPAGNUOLO 25. Bruce DJITE (one to be omitted) _________________________________________________ Squads Perth Glory 1.Jason PETKOVIC (gk), 3.David TARKA, 4.Simon COLOSIMO, 5.Jamie HARNWELL, 6.Jeremy CHRISTIE, 7.Mimi SARIC, 8.David MICEVSKI, 9.Luka GLAVAS, 10.Bobby DESPOTOVSKI, 11.Stan LAZARIDIS, 12.Leo BERTOS, 13.Ante KOVACEVIC, 14.Jamie COYNE, 16.Adrian WEBSTER, 17.Stuart YOUNG, 19.Naum SEKULOVSKI, 20.Aleks VRTESKI (gk) (two to be omitted) Queensland Roar 1. Tom WILLIS (gk), 2. Andrew PACKER, 3. Remo BUESS, 5. Josh McCLOUGHAN, 6. Stuart McLAREN, 7. Marcus WEDAU, 8. Massimo MURDOCCA, 9. Simon LYNCH, 10. Ante MILICIC, 11. REINALDO da costa, 13. Spase DILEVSKI, 15. Matthew McKAY, 16. Hyuk-Su SEO, 18. Dario VIDOSIC, 19. Sasa Ognenovski, 20. Liam REDDY (gk) (one to be omitted)

Re: Australia - A League (13-14 Oct) I used to look at H2Hs too much and they influenced my decisions. They can ruin u if u take them too seriously. I now only beleive them to be appropriate for really big games such as derbies. sometimes there are other circumstances as well.