Cricket: ICC Champions Trophy

Re: Cricket: ICC Champions Trophy ...and BIG it was! :D (Sorry, kev. I didn't mean my last post to sound anywhere near aggressive as what it did...) ...but I am convinced that Watson will never make it as a batsman...at 1, 2, 6, 7...where-ever!! If he's in the team as a bowler, bat him at 7 or 8, otherwise he's taking up a spot for a real batsman because I don't think Australia need him and Symonds in the same team. Someone else posted earlier about how I think we have become obsessed with all-rounders after Flintoff's Ashes series...but Watson opening, Symonds batting above Clarke and Hussey is pointless, given Lee is a more than handy bat at 9. Oh, and the username question was legit too!...I've always wondered...

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: ICC Champions Trophy

kev...(is it kev's hat, or kev shat btw??)... Watson is a terrible batsman. All I can say is that Hampshire must play some very ordinary teams on some very, very falt pitches. He has failed time and time again in ODI's, and hasn't scored runs domestically in Australia just about ever! Wicket taking bowler, so that might get him over the line, but don't count on him getting runs. Gilchrist...scores big when he does score...unfortunately doesn't actually score all that often! If you look at his record it's either BIG or under 20. A good record masks some reasonably inconsistant batting... As for Boucher, you must be one of the selectors who choose him to play in the International series in Australia a year or 2 back. Has nothing on Sangakara, isn't as good as Akmal...and isn't even in the top 4 now Dhoni has shot to prominance. Anyway, maybe I'm just in an argumentative mood ;) Good luck :ok
Kevs hat mate. I can only go by what I see with Watson and I've seen him play some blinding innings for Hampshire and am delighted he's gracing the Rose Bowl for us next season. Don't think there's much scope for the ordinary teams line as Hampshire have already made Hayden, Katich and Clarke the players they are. County cricket as a whole makes so many of the Aussies better players and Gilchrist aside they've all played county cricket at some point which says it all IMO. The reason you've not seen Watson do well for Australia is he's never had a settled place in the side and batting at 6,7 or 8 he's having to go in and give his wicket away in the hunt for quick runs. As soon as he has a settled spot in the batting order he'll be fine. Well Gilly answered that one for me! You are right though his consistency isn't what it was but that target was never challenging so I was happy with that. With regards to Boucher et al. Sangakkara is a better batsman than Boucher but isn't in Boucher's league with the gloves. He's a batsman who can keep wicket. Boucher is an top notch wicket-keeper who can bat, hence he's the best keeper-batsman (not batsman-keeper) in the world behind Gilchrist. As for Akmal and Dhoni, they're not in Boucher's league with either the willow or the gloves. Both are 10 game wonders whereas Boucher has been consistant for 10 years and more.
...and BIG it was! :D (Sorry, kev. I didn't mean my last post to sound anywhere near aggressive as what it did...) ...but I am convinced that Watson will never make it as a batsman...at 1, 2, 6, 7...where-ever!! If he's in the team as a bowler, bat him at 7 or 8, otherwise he's taking up a spot for a real batsman because I don't think Australia need him and Symonds in the same team. Someone else posted earlier about how I think we have become obsessed with all-rounders after Flintoff's Ashes series...but Watson opening, Symonds batting above Clarke and Hussey is pointless, given Lee is a more than handy bat at 9. Oh, and the username question was legit too!...I've always wondered...
No probs mate, I'd have answered sooner but I was at the PL meetup. I'm not sure about whether you need Watson and Symonds in the same side, personally I think there is room for them but there's no need for Hogg, Clarke and Symonds IMO. Hogg can just miss out. He takes nothing to the party that Symonds and Clarke can't cover. Every side are packing their teams with all rounders, I'd agree with you there's too many in the Aus side but who is the alternative? I certainly can't think of many straight up batsmen who can get in the side. Jaques is probably the only one if you include Katich as being on the fringes.

New Zealand2.252.252.22.372.252.22.252.22.22.22.372.252.22.12.252.22.422.482.25
Sri Lanka1.571.571.621.531.61.611.571.651.611.661.531.61.611.661.571.611.631.661.68
Now here's a meaningful match! NZ win and they go through with SL saying adios. SL have to win to stay in. Have to say, as I thought would happen, the amount of matches could be taking their toll on SL. I'm all over NZ here. 10pts New Zealand to beat Sri Lanka 13/8 Betfred This match has huge implications on the group. Should Sri Lanka not win here then they are out and NZ are definitely through. This match is being played on the same wicket as the WI-Australia match from Wednesday where the seamers did most of the damage. NZ have Styris and Bond facing fitness tests so if they pass them then they will be a very tough side to face on this wicket. Complimenting those 2 NZ have Mills and Oram who took wickets against South Africa and Patel and Vettori with the spin option. A lot of people thought 196 wouldn't be enough for NZ against South Africa but it proved plenty and with their disciplined fielding if NZ can get 220 Sri Lanka will have their work cut out. Sri Lanka have played a lot of matches recently and signs of tiredness crept into their play in the defeat to Pakistan on Tuesday. This is now a massive match and I am still concerned that they're batting isn't really firing at full pelt. Other than Tharanga's 2 centuries against the minnows they've not looked at ease really for some reason. New Zealand are a highly confident and very well led side and with their squad stretched with injuries they would like to go through with a game to spare to ease the pressure on them. Judging by the game on Wednesday this looks a pitch NZ will like and I'll take them to win. 10pts N.Astle's Performance Pts 35&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Nathan Astle is another 3-d cricketer. That means he bats, bowls and can field. His batting is easily his strongest suit and batting at no3 he'll have the chance to knock off this target there and then but on this pitch I think he'll bowl a few overs with his seam up's particularly if Styris doesn't play. He also fields at slip and can take some catches. Astle is going through a dodgy patch by his high qualities but he showed signs of finding a bit of form in the 1st match. 35pts isn't a tough target and a guy of his class should cover it. 10pts Over 14.5 Wides Evs Boylesports This is one of the lowest spreads we've seen at the ICC this year which is baffling really because Sri Lanka have given plenty of wides away. This pitch has been glued together to assist sides in playing out the full 100 overs. With the dew factor prominent this time of year and Sri Lanka's radar being lopsided I like this bet immensely. 10pts Over 1.5 Run Out's Evs Boylesports These 2 sides are very underrated in the field. Sri Lanka have worked really hard on their fielding which is reaping rewards and NZ have always been capable. Neither side are experts in running between the wickets and while it's not a market I'm normally interested in I like it here. 1pt J.Patel Man of the Match 18/1 Boylesports If all the reports are to be believed then this pitch will be better for the seamers than the spinners however if they are wrong then Jeetan Patel is right in the game as he can impart lots of turn on the ball with his off spin. His 3-11 to finish off Sa was impressive and he's a cricketer with a good future. At this price I think it's worth dabbling at because he'll be a real runner if the pitch offers turn.
bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">

Re: Cricket: ICC Champions Trophy Again, excllent write ups Kev, NZ got us off to a good start against SA, now lets see if they can do it again. Having just met Kev again at the recent PL meeting, I can say this man is nothing short of a legend. His cricket knowledge is of the highest class and I realy enjoyed some of the chat we had on the subject. Top bloke to go along with it as well ;)

great stuff Kev, Is it not important who bats first on this wicket?
Wicket has been glued, this will make it very difficult for run making as the pace of the bowling will be a lot slower. IMO low run scores in running. Would be interested to hear if this would suit one more team than the other????? Good luck all (another quality writeup Kev). :ok

Re: Cricket: ICC Champions Trophy lol I thought harmison and saj mahmood were wild during the year but the sri lankan bowlers looked as though they had seen the local indian bookie and put a bet on the wides lol...it was hialrious lol New zealands batsmen should be ashamed of themself...vettori and patel the number 11 have stuck around and got runs...Astle did well and was put under pressure to score runs when he should have anchored the innings...this is patels second innings of batting...vaass has just put up his 4th wide...lol:clap

Re: Cricket: ICC Champions Trophy This game is finally on the balance now. Lets hope NZ bowlers can be economical and lethal. Btw I can't watch the game live, hows the pitch looking is it still dry and cracks everywhere ? Coz it looks like it since Muralitharan got 4 wickets which I guess that mean the pitch turning a lot. Coz I'm interested to play in-play betting on NZ.

Again, excllent write ups Kev, NZ got us off to a good start against SA, now lets see if they can do it again. Having just met Kev again at the recent PL meeting, I can say this man is nothing short of a legend. His cricket knowledge is of the highest class and I realy enjoyed some of the chat we had on the subject. Top bloke to go along with it as well ;)
Cheers matey. Have to say though you know your cricket too. Top bloke and very helpful when it comes to support and advice :ok
OMG - there have been 5 wides in first 2 overs. 10 to go in the whole match to win - I may go and queue up at the bookies now to collect. :nana
How the fcuk did that bet not come in? Sorry folks, only 1 of the bets came in today which was the Astle one.

Australia:bg_a(0,97269505,2,7,0)'>1.28:bg_a(0,97188520,2,7,0)'>1.28:bg_a(0,97242468,1,3,1)'>1.33:bg_a(0,97135459,2,7,0)'>1.28:bg_a(0,97242533,3,10,1)'>1.3:bg_a(0,97241217,2,7,0)'>1.28:bg_a(0,97275962,2,7,1)'>1.28:bg_a(0,96070231,27,100,1)'>1.27:bg_a(0,97480117,2,7,0)'>1.28:bg_a(0,97414368,2,7,0)'>1.28:bg_a(0,97368780,3,10,0)'>1.3:bg_a(0,93897704,2,7,0)'>1.28:bg_a(0,97243298,3,10,0)'>1.3:bg_a(0,97127781,2,7,0)'>1.28:bg_a(0,97265655,2,7,1)'>1.28:bg_a(0,97536491,2,7,0)'>1.28:bg_a(0,97245089,2,7,1)'>1.28:bg_a(0,97125884,31,100,1)'>1.31:bg_a(0,93895970,29,100,1)'>1.29:bg_a(0,97186964,2,7,1)'>1.28
England:bg_a(0,97269507,5,2,0)'>3.5:bg_a(0,97188521,5,2,0)'>3.5:bg_a(0,97242469,9,4,1)'>3.25:bg_a(0,97135460,9,4,0)'>3.25:bg_a(0,97242537,13,5,1)'>3.6:bg_a(0,97241218,5,2,0)'>3.5:bg_a(0,97275963,12,5,1)'>3.4:bg_a(0,96070232,53,20,1)'>3.65:bg_a(0,97480118,5,2,0)'>3.5:bg_a(0,97414380,9,4,0)'>3.25:bg_a(0,97368782,5,2,0)'>3.5:bg_a(0,93897705,5,2,0)'>3.5:bg_a(0,97243299,13,5,0)'>3.6:bg_a(0,97127782,9,4,0)'>3.25:bg_a(0,97265662,5,2,1)'>3.5:bg_a(0,97536492,5,2,0)'>3.5:bg_a(0,97245090,5,2,1)'>3.5:bg_a(0,97125885,29,10,1)'>3.9:bg_a(0,93895971,33,10,1)'>4.3:bg_a(0,97186965,287,100,1)'>3.87
Looks like Ponting and Buchanan read this thread because it's highly likely out goes Hogg for this match to be replaced by Mitchell Johnson. A strange decision that as in the Sri Lanka-Pakistan match on Tuesday 6 wickets fell to spin. I'm failing to see why England are such big odds here. Sure Aussies are worthy favourites but in day/night matches which are lotteries England are great value. In recent series we've drawn the final of the NatWest series with Oz and only lost 2-1 in the Natwest challenge and of course we beat them in the ICC semi in 2004. In case I'm not about, if anyone wonders the importance of the toss in the morning, it will be huge in this match. At some point during the 2nd innings fireworks will be let off all over India as Diwali celebrations begin so the team batting 2nd will be doing so through clouds of smoke! Then there's the dew factor to stick into that as well. Has to be a win the toss and bat 1st job here. 10pts England to beat Australia 11/4 Boylesports In recent series England haven't been too far behind Australia. Even Australia's most high profile ODI win over England recently, the World Cup match in 03 was dominated by England before Bichel and Bevan did us. If ever an England vs Australia match needed extra spice this one has it in the form of the losers wave goodbye to their trophy chances. England are toying over 1 change for this match. Jon Lewis could come into the side for Sajid Mahmood. England won't have been happy with their batting performance in the India match and will look to put that right. With the ball Anderson and the spinners bowled very well and if the batsmen give the bowlers a total to defend I think we've got the firepower to compete. Flintoff hasn't ruled out bowling so I wouldn't be surprised to see the big man come trudging in here too. Australia suffered a surprise loss in the 1st match and look likely to drop Brad Hogg for the seam of Mitchell Johnson. Australia didn't do a lot wrong in their 1st match against the West Indies but they failed to get the job done. Plusses for them was the form of Gilchrist and Michael Clarke getting a few runs too. Strangely Glenn McGrath came on 1st change which was very baffling. With the Diwali celebrations taking place in India during the evening batting 1st will be a huge advantage so the toss could decide this match. If I'm getting 11/4 on England effectively winning the toss that's great value. Add to that England's competitive record against the Aussies and at this price England must be the bet. 10pts J.Dalrymple's Performance Pts 39&Over 10/11 Boylesports Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch, 20pts per wicket and 25pts per stumping. Jamie Dalrymple has probably been England's most consistant ODI player since his introduction to the side in the summer. His off spin will cause a few problems on this wicket as it did to India here last Sunday. He's a good batsman who has already made runs on tis tour in the warmup match and he could well get sufficient time at the crease to cover this spread with the bat alone. Stick in his fielding which is excellent on top of that and we've plenty of chances of getting 39pts. 10pts C.Read's Performance Pts 27&Over 10/11 Boylesports Chris Read is an excellent wicket taker and if Lewis and Anderson can find some swing there may well be a couple of edges for him to catch. With the spinners bowling 20 overs for England here a stumping opportunity might also come along and 1 of them pretty much ensures a done deal. He's not the worst batsman in the world although his shot selection needs to improve from the last game but all in all Ready's talented enough to grab 27pts. 10pts Over 15.5 Wides 10/11 Boylesports 10/11 Boylesports Although Lewis is being touted as likely to play there is still a chance that Mahmood will play. It's fair to say the young lad has radar problems from time to time which will see this one home without too many scares. The radar disease seems to have been caught by Steve Harmison too because he could have been playing on pitches 3 strips wide against India and he'd still have bowled wides!! Wides are a regular thing in 1 day cricket and with our 2 helpers potentially in tandem here I'll take the overs. 5pts A.Gilchrist Top Aussie Bat 4/1 Expekt Adam Gilchrist scored a good 92 against the West Indies and so will be full of confidence. England generally tend to get frightened of batsmen who come at them and struggle to get them out. I can see that happening again here. As opener Gilly is likely to face Harmison who regularly bowls short and wide and any of that is going to be climbed all over by Gilchrist. He's got a chance to get England's bowlers on the back foot here heading into the Ashes which could be vital and it's a chance that if he takes should see him home in this bet.

Re: Cricket: ICC Champions Trophy nice stuff again Kev fcuk knows how that wides bet didnt win eng are gonna be fired up today - the ashes is only 6 weeks away, theres a chance here to send a real hammerblow to the aussies. Win this and you lot down under are gonna be sent packing out of this tourney. Aussies rightful favs but not this short 11/4 eng far to big GL all :hope :hope :hope :hope

eng are gonna be fired up today - the ashes is only 6 weeks away' date=' theres a chance here to send a real hammerblow to the aussies. Win this and you lot down under are gonna be sent packing out of this tourney.[/quote'] :dude

Re: Cricket: ICC Champions Trophy Ponting v Gilchrist Gilchrist a good 92 against West Indies Ponting only 1. Against England in the last two ODI Series Gilchrist has been more consistent 121,29,42,27,19,18,26 whereas Ponting is 43,111,14,7,34,27,0, Ponting last three ODI against any is 1,6 and 4. Gilchrist 1.92 Betfair

Re: Cricket: ICC Champions Trophy Great start from England this, could have done without losing KP so quickly but it will help the performance bets a bit. A big knock from Strauss would do the outright top bat no harm at all. What was Ponting thinking sticking us in on this :eek . That decision wasn't far away from Hussain's at Brisbane :loon

Great start from England this, could have done without losing KP so quickly but it will help the performance bets a bit. A big knock from Strauss would do the outright top bat no harm at all. What was Ponting thinking sticking us in on this :eek . That decision wasn't far away from Hussain's at Brisbane :loon
Come on you blokes... ...talking up England...even suggesting County cricket helps make our guys into better players!! :rollin :cow :rollin (I better not go down this path too far I guess...;) ) ...I hear what you are saying about Boucher as a 'keeper kev, but what I was (somehow!) trying to get at, was that in individual 'performance' bets, being better behind the stumps just isn't a factor. How many catches/stumpings would a 100% 'keeper take than an 80%?...maybe one every 10 games?... ...The point is that most of a players performance points will come from runs. (I'll still take Akmal in any team over Boucher ; )

...I hear what you are saying about Boucher as a 'keeper kev, but what I was (somehow!) trying to get at, was that in individual 'performance' bets, being better behind the stumps just isn't a factor. How many catches/stumpings would a 100% 'keeper take than an 80%?...maybe one every 10 games?... ...The point is that most of a players performance points will come from runs. (I'll still take Akmal in any team over Boucher ; )
I'm not sure that's true tbh. Any batsman can get a jaffa 1st ball and score no runs. When doing a performance bet you have to have a side amount of points you would expect from another aspect of the game apart from batting and then hope the guy covers the rest of the spread with the runs. As for what difference it makes, in ODI's it can make a big difference having a quality keeper because he is able to stand up to the stumps to medium pacers and quicker bowlers and still take catches. A batsman keeping wicket can't do that. What has Akmal done in his career bar score a couple of tons against England in Pakistan? Since then he scored almost nothing in England and dropped everything that came his way and hasn't scored many runs in this yet either. Akmal, like Dhoni, is a 10 game wonder.

This tournament is a disaster for me personally so far. 2 days off now to have a strategy rethink and hopefully bounce back for the rest of the tournament. :ok
head up Kev fella - not the best of tourneys but theres ages left in it form temporary class permanent @ Taza A better keeper is of course going to have better opportunities for catches, because theres more quality. Stumpings are worth 25 pts and a batsman / keeper has more chance of missing one IMO. Especiallly in a OD match when there is more aggression its vital to be alert. as for Akmal v Boucher - has to be Boucher all the way for me

A better keeper is of course going to have better opportunities for catches, because theres more quality.
How often? Like I said, 1 game in 10 a career 'keeper may take a chance that a coverted batsman (but still quality 'keeper) would miss. ...well, 6 real games so far and how many has there been? :\ I'm not sure that's true tbh. Any batsman can get a jaffa 1st ball and score no runs. When doing a performance bet you have to have a side amount of points you would expect from another aspect of the game apart from batting and then hope the guy covers the rest of the spread with the runs Of course you're right...and I don't think you can logically allow for any more than 2 catches by a 'keeper in any particular innings. I mean, bloody fantastic if they take 2 sitters, a diving catch in front of 1st slip and a leg side stumping off a medium pacer...but realistically, it's just not going to happen. Gms In NO Runs HS AV. SR 100 50 4 6 Ct St
Tests 9613617358212530.10709550.484234511135014
ODIs221161403338147*27.58406782.071192515230918
(Boucher) (Akmal)
Tests27452125315429.13200962.364318629016
ODIs5142894712427.85110485.77301087456
I know that's messy, but averages are almost identical, Akmal better strike rate, more catches/test, obivously more stumpings (given the bowling attacks)... Granted his 'keeping has been pretty ordinary over the last 6 months or so...but a 10 game wonder is a rediculous statement. (Dhoni)
Tests1320160214831.6882672.88137614389
ODIs5347131517183*44.61153299.0228135465210
Started with a bang...leaned off somewhat with the bat, but 'keeping has been above average... ...not that you can really compare these two to Boucher anyway. Playing the majority of their games on pitches with variable bounce and 'keeping to the likes of Harbhajan, Kumble, Kaneria, Afridi and Shoaib Malik... ...Boucher facing some gentle offy's from Smith, Peterson...and Adams there for a while. 10 game wonders, or the new breed in a slight form slump?...Guess we can have this discussion again in 12 months time.

Gms In NO Runs HS AV. SR 100 50 4 6 Ct St
Tests 9613617358212530.10709550.484234511135014
ODIs221161403338147*27.58406782.071192515230918
(Boucher) (Akmal)
Tests27452125315429.13200962.364318629016
ODIs5142894712427.85110485.77301087456
I know that's messy, but averages are almost identical, Akmal better strike rate, more catches/test, obivously more stumpings (given the bowling attacks)... Granted his 'keeping has been pretty ordinary over the last 6 months or so...but a 10 game wonder is a rediculous statement. (Dhoni)
Tests1320160214831.6882672.88137614389
ODIs5347131517183*44.61153299.0228135465210
Started with a bang...leaned off somewhat with the bat, but 'keeping has been above average... ...not that you can really compare these two to Boucher anyway. Playing the majority of their games on pitches with variable bounce and 'keeping to the likes of Harbhajan, Kumble, Kaneria, Afridi and Shoaib Malik... ...Boucher facing some gentle offy's from Smith, Peterson...and Adams there for a while. 10 game wonders, or the new breed in a slight form slump?...Guess we can have this discussion again in 12 months time.
Similar stats yes, but Boucher's stats come from 10 years of cricket, Akmal's not even 2. Come back to me in 10 years time and compare the stats. I very much doubt Akmal is in the same timezone as Boucher by then. As for the comments on Akmal's slump - you obviously didn't see their tour of England where Akmal dropped chances every test and fumbled throws etc etc.

South Africa2.372.372.252.22.42.252.372.372.22.252.32.22.42.252.372.372.52.5
Sri Lanka1.531.531.621.611.61.571.531.581.611.571.611.611.61.571.531.531.651.64
10pts Sri Lanka -2.5wickets/22.5runs to beat South Africa 4/5 Bet365 This Ahmedabad pitch is ideal for Sri Lanka, low, slow, will turn. If Sri Lanka could design their ideal pitch then this one won't be far away from the design. South Africa, with a seam based attack won't like this pitch. Murali and Jayasuriya are almost certain to bowl 20 overs on this one so they will need to make hay from the other 30 overs. Sri Lanka know a win here sees them into the semis and a loss for South Africa sees them waving the tournament goodbye. Sri Lanka are for me the 2nd best ODI side in the World now and with conditions here to suit them I can't see anything other than a solid and easy Sri Lankan win. 10pts J.Kallis's Performance Pts 48&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Jacques Kallis is up there in the top 3 all-rounders in World cricket today. Of all the South African seamers he could be the one to enjoy most success on this pitch as he can mix his pace up well and he skids through which could make him tough to play. He's also a truly world class batsman and I'd have no problems with him needing to score all his points in runs. He's also a good fielder, fielding at slip to begin with so catches are ni play and putting it all together 48pts should be within reach for him. 10pts F.Maharoof's Performance Pts 39&Over 10/11 Boylesports Farveez Maharoof could be the man of the tournament so far. He's taken loads of wickets at a very low average and has also scored runs when he's needed to get into bat. He averages well over 2 wickets a match in the tournament and a repeat of that average sees us home here. As I said he can contribute with the bat and towards the end of the innings he fields at long off or long on where the catches come so all in all I expect the Sri Lankan all rounder to see this target home safely. 5pts ew M.Atapattu Top Sri Lankan Bat 5/1 Boylesports (1/4 1,2,3) Marvan Atapattu has almost gone unnoticed with the bat this tournament but he's made some very solid contributions. In this match the ball will swing around for the 1st 10 overs and SA have a good record bowling to left handers, of which 3 of the top 4 for Sri Lanka are. Therefore those batting before Atapattu could be out cheaply giving the former Sri Lankan captain every chance to build a substansial innings and take the top score home.

This tournament is a disaster for me personally so far. 2 days off now to have a strategy rethink and hopefully bounce back for the rest of the tournament. :ok
think this tourny has been one for the layers kev. lots of upsets. we all have the occasional bad run. i can assure that i'm speaking from experience. ;) think there will be a few big hitters suffering at the moment. keep the faith. :)

Re: Cricket: ICC Champions Trophy I don't claim to have the cricket knowledge as that of Kev but on the contrary I have had a very good tourney where I have made a nice profit. As we all know this tourney has been one for the bowlers, as a result I have simply been going under Paddy Powers prediction of runs for the team batting first at 4/5. They work their predicted values out at 5 runs per over which for this tournament is well over the top. Take a look you will see how naive just how Paddy Power are. To give you an example, when England started off like a train against the Aussies on Saturday you could go over/under on 300 runs???? THEY WERE NEVER GOING TO GET THAT EVEN WITH A GOOD START. Good luck today, I am heavily on Sri Lanka - have also had a bet on them to win the whole thing.