Cricket: ICC Champions Trophy

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: ICC Champions Trophy

Well I bet's been landed and thats WI top 15 overs. WI 68-0 off 9 overs. Nice one Kev. Gayle and Chanderpaul are going along like trains.
Cheers Dave, never in doubt that one. When Gayle's in this form he's impossible to contain. Him top scoring and the Windies winning meant a 29.5pt profit on the day. Had Dwayne Bravo not run himself out it would have been a 49.5pt profit :@ . After the tourney I've had I'll take 29.5pts though! So we now know our finalists. Australia and West Indies. Well done to Cloud et al who were on Windies outright :hope they go on and win it now.

Re: Cricket: ICC Champions Trophy Nice picks there kevshat! I'm hoping Australia will take this tournament. Would be nice to see them finally win ICC Trophy ! :lol And I feel its a good thing to do to boost our confidence for the ashes, Maybe not for McGrath :P and his prophecy of whitewash ! Which I myself think its a bit too loud to say.

Re: Cricket: ICC Champions Trophy So here it is. The final. Hard to see past Australia but they'd have liked a better pitch. West Indies will battle and should make the game competitive. Gayle needs another good game for them but it's not beyond them to win. 10pts WI +2.5wickets/28.5runs 5/6 Bet365 West Indies have made it all the way from the qualifying group to the final in the defence of their trophy and not by any luck either, by playing good, solid 1 day cricket. Their opponents Australia have made it through without looking fantastically impressive but they've done enough to get here. WI have the psychological advantage having won the group match between these 2 sides. If the Windies are to win this tournament then Chris Gayle is going to have to continue the superb form he's shown. However no 1 man can beat the Aussies on his own so he will need help. I fully expect that help to come from 1 BC Lara. This, along with the World Cup coming up could well be his last hurrah on the World stage and he will want to go out with a bang. He made 71 against the Aussies in the group game and more is needed here. He's been batting at 6 but I don't think he'll be seen any later than no4 in the order here. Jerome Taylor was key in the last match, taking a hattrick and he and Bradshaw will need to hit their straps from ball 1 in the final. Australia's record in finals is excellent. They seem to smell the trophy and up their game. They have so many matchwinners in their side. Glenn McGrath's been making noises about him getting better by the game and Ponting, Symonds and Martyn have all scored runs recently. Brett Lee hasn't really fired in this tournament yet but it's inevitable that he will surely. The pitch has been well talked about. The ICC Pitch expert was flown in to help prepare the pitch for this match but he has doubts over it's quality. The pitches at Mohali have long since cracked up easily and this will too. There's grass on it but this will be a track that invites spin by the bucket loads. Not what the Aussies needed to hear. West Indies are playing good hard cricket and have probably the most in form player anywhere in the world in their side in Chris Gayle. If he fires they will stay close to Australia so Windies on the handicap is my pick. 10pts C.Gayle's Performance Pts 52&Over 10/11 Boylesports Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Chris Gayle has been without doubt the man of the tournament, scoring 3 sublime centuries and chipping in with his fair share of wickets too. I expect him to have another good match here as well. He could quite easily cover this with the bat as he has on 4 occasions to date in the tournament. However should he not get to 52 with the bat he'll have a pitch that will take his off spin nicely so he can pick up points in blocks of 20 with wickets. He also catches close into the bat so catches aren't out of the question. In big games big players come to the fore and Gayle is a big player. I think he'll cover 52. 10pts 1 Run Out or Less Evs Sporting Odds 15 of the 18 matches in this competition have had less than 2 run out's in it and with so much being at stake here I see very few chances being taken with regards to running between the wickets. As always in this tournament the dew factor will have a significant effect in the 2nd half cutting down the probabilities of direct hits from the outfields so with such a heavy statistic of 15/18 unders in the tournament I'll go with the unders here again. 5pts A.Gilchrist Top Aussie Bat 4/1 VC When he is in form Adam Gilchrist can be as destructive as any batsman in World cricket. It's fair to say he's not been in the greatest form in this tournament but he did make 92 in the group game between these 2 sides. I think the Windies attack is perfectly suited for Gilly. Bradshaw tends to be monotonous in his approach, allowing Gilchrist to get at him and Taylor can have radar problems. Once he's in he's tough to get out and at this price for a guy who is opening the innings I'm happy to be on him. 5pts B.Lara Top Windies Bat 5/1 Ladbrokes Brian Lara has taken a back role in West Indies matches so far by batting at 6/7. He won't bat that low here as his team will need him to bat as long as possible. He made 71 in the group game against Australia and has a good career record against the Aussies. Like most top players he raises his game against the threat of McGrath and co. Without doubt, the best batsman of his generation who has possibly his last chance to play in a final here. He rarely lets such opportunities go by without a big performance and I'm confident we'll get that again here. 2pts A.Symonds Man of the Match 14/1 Stan James Andrew Symonds is such a quality cricketer. He can score runs very quickly and by the bucketload. If Australia have wickets in hand and this guy is at the crease he will tee off and can bat the Windies out of the game in a couple of overs. The pitch is due to take spin which will bring Symonds further into the game and when you throw into the mix that he is one of if not the best fielder in the World right now we've all bases covered. A strong game from Symonds win this at a very nice price.

So here it is. The final. Hard to see past Australia but they'd have liked a better pitch. West Indies will battle and should make the game competitive. Gayle needs another good game for them but it's not beyond them to win. 10pts WI +2.5wickets/28.5runs 5/6 Bet365 West Indies have made it all the way from the qualifying group to the final in the defence of their trophy and not by any luck either, by playing good, solid 1 day cricket. Their opponents Australia have made it through without looking fantastically impressive but they've done enough to get here. WI have the psychological advantage having won the group match between these 2 sides. If the Windies are to win this tournament then Chris Gayle is going to have to continue the superb form he's shown. However no 1 man can beat the Aussies on his own so he will need help. I fully expect that help to come from 1 BC Lara. This, along with the World Cup coming up could well be his last hurrah on the World stage and he will want to go out with a bang. He made 71 against the Aussies in the group game and more is needed here. He's been batting at 6 but I don't think he'll be seen any later than no4 in the order here. Jerome Taylor was key in the last match, taking a hattrick and he and Bradshaw will need to hit their straps from ball 1 in the final. Australia's record in finals is excellent. They seem to smell the trophy and up their game. They have so many matchwinners in their side. Glenn McGrath's been making noises about him getting better by the game and Ponting, Symonds and Martyn have all scored runs recently. Brett Lee hasn't really fired in this tournament yet but it's inevitable that he will surely. The pitch has been well talked about. The ICC Pitch expert was flown in to help prepare the pitch for this match but he has doubts over it's quality. The pitches at Mohali have long since cracked up easily and this will too. There's grass on it but this will be a track that invites spin by the bucket loads. Not what the Aussies needed to hear. West Indies are playing good hard cricket and have probably the most in form player anywhere in the world in their side in Chris Gayle. If he fires they will stay close to Australia so Windies on the handicap is my pick. 10pts C.Gayle's Performance Pts 52&Over 10/11 Boylesports Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Chris Gayle has been without doubt the man of the tournament, scoring 3 sublime centuries and chipping in with his fair share of wickets too. I expect him to have another good match here as well. He could quite easily cover this with the bat as he has on 4 occasions to date in the tournament. However should he not get to 52 with the bat he'll have a pitch that will take his off spin nicely so he can pick up points in blocks of 20 with wickets. He also catches close into the bat so catches aren't out of the question. In big games big players come to the fore and Gayle is a big player. I think he'll cover 52. 10pts 1 Run Out or Less Evs Sporting Odds 15 of the 18 matches in this competition have had less than 2 run out's in it and with so much being at stake here I see very few chances being taken with regards to running between the wickets. As always in this tournament the dew factor will have a significant effect in the 2nd half cutting down the probabilities of direct hits from the outfields so with such a heavy statistic of 15/18 unders in the tournament I'll go with the unders here again. 5pts A.Gilchrist Top Aussie Bat 4/1 VC When he is in form Adam Gilchrist can be as destructive as any batsman in World cricket. It's fair to say he's not been in the greatest form in this tournament but he did make 92 in the group game between these 2 sides. I think the Windies attack is perfectly suited for Gilly. Bradshaw tends to be monotonous in his approach, allowing Gilchrist to get at him and Taylor can have radar problems. Once he's in he's tough to get out and at this price for a guy who is opening the innings I'm happy to be on him. 5pts B.Lara Top Windies Bat 5/1 Ladbrokes Brian Lara has taken a back role in West Indies matches so far by batting at 6/7. He won't bat that low here as his team will need him to bat as long as possible. He made 71 in the group game against Australia and has a good career record against the Aussies. Like most top players he raises his game against the threat of McGrath and co. Without doubt, the best batsman of his generation who has possibly his last chance to play in a final here. He rarely lets such opportunities go by without a big performance and I'm confident we'll get that again here. 2pts A.Symonds Man of the Match 14/1 Stan James Andrew Symonds is such a quality cricketer. He can score runs very quickly and by the bucketload. If Australia have wickets in hand and this guy is at the crease he will tee off and can bat the Windies out of the game in a couple of overs. The pitch is due to take spin which will bring Symonds further into the game and when you throw into the mix that he is one of if not the best fielder in the World right now we've all bases covered. A strong game from Symonds win this at a very nice price.
Quick question. How many of these bets will be void and how many will stand if rain halts proceedings sufficient enough not to get an official result?

Quick question. How many of these bets will be void and how many will stand if rain halts proceedings sufficient enough not to get an official result?
Only the handicap was voided. The rest all stood :sad . So the tournament finishes how it begun - with a non event. Now onto the Ashes :cow

Only the handicap was voided. The rest all stood :sad . So the tournament finishes how it begun - with a non event. Now onto the Ashes :cow
That's better than nothing. I'd written the lot off haha! So what about your under 1.5 run outs? Did that come in? EDIT: Excellent, I see the player performance was voided to with bet365.:)