AFL Grand Final - Sydney vs West Coast (Sept 30th)

Re: AFL Grand Final - Sydney vs West Coast (Sept 30th) Other betting options include: Under 24.5 pts Sydney $3.40 West Coast $3.75 Over 24.5 pts Sydney $4.50 West Coast $2.95 Under 39.5 pts Sydney $2.60 West Coast $2.15 Over 39.5 pts Sydney $9.00 West Coast $6.50 Quarter Time Result Sydney $2.00 West Coast $1.81

Re: AFL Grand Final - Sydney vs West Coast (Sept 30th) If the last 4 matches are anything to go by this one should be an epic!! The last 4 games have ended with a margin under a goal and a total combined winning margin of 11 points, pretty incredible really. Included in those 4 matches are two finals and a grand final. In the last 10 matches no team has won twice in a row so could this be an omen for West Coast :unsure To the last 10 matches:

120061QFSydney13.7 (85)vsWest Coast12.12 (84)SubWON1
2200615Sydney9.11 (65)vsWest Coast9.13 (67)SubLost-2
32005GFSydney8.10 (58)vsWest Coast7.12 (54)MCGWON4
420052QFSydney10.5 (65)vsWest Coast10.9 (69)SubLost-4
5200517Sydney13.10 (88)vsWest Coast9.13 (67)SCGWON21
620056Sydney8.11 (59)vsWest Coast15.14 (104)SubLost-45
720042EFSydney11.9 (75)vsWest Coast4.10 (34)TSWON41
820048Sydney15.7 (97)vsWest Coast18.16 (124)SubLost-27
9200314Sydney13.14 (92)vsWest Coast12.12 (84)SCGWON8
10200211Sydney13.11 (89)vsWest Coast15.12 (102)SubLost-13

Re: AFL Grand Final - Sydney vs West Coast (Sept 30th) Its a very very tough Grand Final to call. I think if your going to back anyone here it would be worth backing them to win under 24.5 pts given the closeness of the two sides. At the moment im favouring the Eagles, but Sydney have alot of big game players and alot of quiet achievers who are capable of turning the game. The Eagles also dont play the MCG very well. Too tough to call at this stage, ill make my tip come Thursday night when the teams are anounced, but both teams have pretty much a full team to select from so not sure that will assist me in picking the winner :rollin

Re: AFL Grand Final - Sydney vs West Coast (Sept 30th) I'd love to back West Coast, and they should win, but you can not discount Sydney, :Interesting point made on radio today, last year West Coast beat Sydney by a kick to have the week off in the finals, Sydney came from behind in the Prelim to win, a West Coast player won the Brownlow, this year it is all reversed, Sydney won the qualifying final by a kick, West Coast came from behind against Adelaide in the Prelim to make the GF and a Sydney player has won the Brownlow, Spooky stuff, enough to have ten on West Coast by a similar margin as Sydney last year. If West Coast win it will be on the back of Hunter, and he has to be a good tip for the BOG as an outsider, he is a real game breaker and one that West Coast lacked last season, he could kick a bag if the good service from the midfield continues, such a strong mark up forward. I'd love to see a shoot-out, Hall V Hunter, key forwards going goal for goal. What!!?!! I can dream! I have to work anyway so I will have to tape it and watch it latter, bloody work, it's sick to make anyone but bar staff and fast-food workers work on GF day.

Re: AFL Grand Final - Sydney vs West Coast (Sept 30th) Not sure why West Coast are even fav's, let alone 'morals'. As shown above, it's a rediculously close series of recent games, Sydney won the last meeting @ Subi, and West Coast haven't beaten Sydney out of W.A. in something like 7 years. Definately tempted by Sydney with a few points...or the good old either team under 15.5. You'd have to think it will be a very low scorer too if any totals are about.

Re: AFL Grand Final - Sydney vs West Coast (Sept 30th) Top 10 Players (last 5 games West Coast vs Sydney)

PlayerMTTeamKHDAvgMAvgHOAvgTAvgFFFAGAvgB SC RatAvg
Chris Judd4West Coast675211929.8102.5001235230.8119401100.3
Dean Cox3West Coast29194816144.710033.372.35410.32829698.7
Brett Kirk4Sydney50368621.5174.310.3266.56510.33937894.5
Adam Goodes4Sydney60228220.5256.382123244132737293
Ben Cousins4West Coast56389423.5184.500827020.521435187.8
Barry Hall4Sydney5075714.3338.30071.8711133.338134686.5
Adam Selwood3West Coast28225016.7113.7001556020.701223979.7
David Wirrpanda4West Coast57258220.5153.800133.323002231378.3
Jude Bolton4Sydney42125413.516420.5256.354004429774.3
Tadhg Kennelly4Sydney41307117.8225.500821310.32828170.3

Re: AFL Grand Final - Sydney vs West Coast (Sept 30th) If anyone is keen on betting on the Norm Sith Medallist for best player on the ground, the above chart could come in very handy. Chris Judd has played in 4 of the Eagles last 5 matches against the swans and in those games has averaged about 30 disposals per match so he obviously enjoys playing against them. At $4.50 he looks a steal Also an interesting stat to look at is in the last 2 columns. If anyone is familiar with the AFL Dreamteam concept then this is what these stats represent. In his last 4 matches against the swans Judd has scored 401 points against the swans, so thats basically 100 a game which is a very very good score.

Re: AFL Grand Final - Sydney vs West Coast (Sept 30th) How about some freakish history why West Coast will win? 2005 West Coast player wins Brownlow Sydney wins Grand Final 2005 Sydney come from behind to win Preliminary final and win Grand final Neither team has won 2 games in the row against each other and Sydney won last meeting between the two teams 2006 Sydney player wins the Brownlow and West Coast will win Grand Final 2006 West Coast come from behind to win Preliminary final and will win Grand Final Sydney won last meeting between these two sides and now it's West Coasts turn BUT the reason West Coast will win the Grand Final is because they are a superior side than Sydney. Kerr and Embley needed the run last game at Subiaco, and look how they both played last week with that run under their belt...Adelaide are the best defensive side in the AFL and West Coast beat them twice this season in Adelaide, most sides can't win in Adelaide but the Eagles managed to do it twice this season. Stop Barry Hall and you stop Sydney, simple as that...And you can bet that's what will happen on Saturday...Dean Cox will fill up the hole in the backline so Hall is not isolated and can get easy marks...Kerr, Judd and Cousins will tear Sydney apart this weekend, and Quenton Lynch will play a blinder and will not miss easy goals like he did in the last meeting at Subiaco...West Coast should have had that game sewn up in the first half. If Judd is paying $4-50 then I might bet my mother in law on that cos that is great odds and I won't mind if I lose :) Can save on Ben Cousins cos he is an out an out superstar, but big Q Lynch as Andrew Demetriou calls him could well be the surprise packet...He could kick 8 goals this weekend and blow Sydney away. Wishful thinking perhaps? We will see... Lets hope it is a great game like their last few :cheers Players like Judd and Cousins who give their all and play for keeps everytime they walk onto a fotty field deserve to win Grand Finals...Pity my team Collingwood didn't have some of there testicular fortitude, but we a team of squibs.

Re: AFL Grand Final - Sydney vs West Coast (Sept 30th)

I'd love to back West Coast, and they should win, but you can not discount Sydney, :Interesting point made on radio today, last year West Coast beat Sydney by a kick to have the week off in the finals, Sydney came from behind in the Prelim to win, a West Coast player won the Brownlow, this year it is all reversed, Sydney won the qualifying final by a kick, West Coast came from behind against Adelaide in the Prelim to make the GF and a Sydney player has won the Brownlow, Spooky stuff, enough to have ten on West Coast by a similar margin as Sydney last year. If West Coast win it will be on the back of Hunter, and he has to be a good tip for the BOG as an outsider, he is a real game breaker and one that West Coast lacked last season, he could kick a bag if the good service from the midfield continues, such a strong mark up forward. I'd love to see a shoot-out, Hall V Hunter, key forwards going goal for goal. What!!?!! I can dream! I have to work anyway so I will have to tape it and watch it latter, bloody work, it's sick to make anyone but bar staff and fast-food workers work on GF day.
LOL Miguel just repeated what you wrote here...Was wondering where I read that, was here last night :rollin

Re: AFL Grand Final - Sydney vs West Coast (Sept 30th) Hahaha, Good stuff Beejay, I was just onselling what was said on SEN. I think you all will be very brave to put serious money behind West Coast, for a bit of interest sure I'd whack a bit on the outright but to beat Sydney not only will West Coast have to play well but they will need all of their forwards to stand up and contribute (not just on the score sheet either, they will have to lead hard and make space for the marking forwards, they will have to lead smart and be prepared to kick long goals), they will need to play man to man football in their offence to keep the offensive pressure up on Sydney and Worsefold will have to out coach Roos. This is the key for me, does Worsefold have the metal to force Sydney to play his game rather than try and beat Sydney at their own game like last year. Personaly I would take the Swan under 24 as cover to West Coast over 25, if West Coast win they will have to dominate and play perfect football, and with their midfield the lead should expand quickly towards the end of the match.

Re: AFL Grand Final - Sydney vs West Coast (Sept 30th) I think the opposite, i think Sydney are more than capable of winning this game. Sydney have been here before so have the experience and you talk about the big game players that WCE have in cousins, judd, kerr etc, but Sydney have quite alot of quiet achievers. If Barry Hall is quiet players like Michael O'Lachlan (if he doesnt have the yips again) or Nick Davis could step up. Adam Goodes is in sensational form and with the likes of Jarred Crouch or Brett Kirk running around, Sydney can never be under estimated. Plus Sydney can play the MCG well, they won 2 MCG finals last year and WCE dont often play well in Melbourne so that could make it interesting. Ive decided i will stay away from backing a winner here as its just way too tough to call, but the match to end Under 15.5 pts is worth looking at as i think it will be a low scoring game. If you can find a bookie that pays out on the total match score, id take the lowest scoring option as these two teams will slug it out and play defensively.

If anyone is keen on betting on the Norm Sith Medallist ... Chris Judd has played in 4 of the Eagles last 5 matches against the swans and in those games has averaged about 30 disposals per match so he obviously enjoys playing against them. At $4.50 he looks a steal Also an interesting stat to look at is in the last 2 columns. If anyone is familiar with the AFL Dreamteam concept ...
I took a hit laying him last year. Mind you, 'Any Other Player' was huge overs last year IMO at 13.50 on the day and reportably Roberts-Thomson and Fosdike were both close to getting the medal. I would have cleaned up if one got the nod. I think AOP is a longer shot this year though and doesn't seem any value, thus far. Certainly a strong case for Judd there ads. The way I've chosen to look at it I make him a 6.80 chance. I figure that equates to him theroretically polling 19 or 20 votes if these two teams met in 22-games, which seems about what I'd expect given the opposition. I've layed him again this year, so I'm obviously up for another smacking but it's all about odds with me. Not interested in winners, so I'll stick to my guns. Another I've layed is Kerr at 9.40 . Don't get me wrong he will be good for them and I still kep him safe among the top half dozen chances but they have been managing his injury and I prefer a player who has a better lead in than that. He did appear OFF his best game last week. I have him at 16.00 . I've layed Embley for similar reasons and a few others and hope to balance the book further. Cousins, Goodes, Hall, O'Keefe look like they'll be good results for me among the favourites. And O'Loughlin i've backed seperately at 31.00 . He looks in superb touch and appears to have reversed his goal kicking yips, so I'm looking for him to kick about 28-goals and bag the medal.

And O'Loughlin i've backed seperately at 31.00 . He looks in superb touch and appears to have reversed his goal kicking yips' date=' so I'm looking for him to kick about 28-goals and bag the medal.[/quote'] Dunno if he will kick 28 goals mate, but good luck. Michael O'Loughlin certainly is an interesting one for the medal, when he is onsong he can turn a game around and i reckon he is more than capable of having a big one come saturday arvo. He was terrible last year with his kicking but i dont think he will make that mistake again. If the Eagles take Barry Hall out of the game defensively then i think O'Loughlin will step up

Can you justify that a little more?
JUDD, Cousins, Kerr and they have BIG COX :lol This years eagles team is alot better than the one that lined up in last years GF, they had no forward line last year, this year they have big Quinton Lynch up there, Hunter is phenominal when thrown in the forward line. Get on the Eagles, sure things :ok

Re: AFL Grand Final - Sydney vs West Coast (Sept 30th) Big go for Cox for Norm Smith. In to 10.00 at Betfair. Sure he's one of the very top chances but I think his price is overboard. Perhaps people are thinking Jolly will be off his game but players usually go well under those circumstances. Certainly worth laying the 11.00 IMO.

Re: AFL Grand Final - Sydney vs West Coast (Sept 30th) Was briefly watching a replay of West Coast Vs Swans game yesterday when the Swans won by 1 shot, what was the penalty count in this game i thought the commentator said the penalty count was 30-6 for W.C.? if this is true how good was the Swans win. Tried looking up a few web sites to confirm the penalty count but couldn't find the stats.

Was briefly watching a replay of West Coast Vs Swans game yesterday when the Swans won by 1 shot' date=' what was the penalty count in this game i thought the commentator said the penalty count was 30-6 for W.C.? if this is true how good was the Swans win. Tried looking up a few web sites to confirm the penalty count but couldn't find the stats.[/quote'] Im assuming you mean the free kick count? It was West Coast 25 to Sydney 18

Re: AFL Grand Final - Sydney vs West Coast (Sept 30th) The final will be a cracker with both teams is in full fit conditions. It is just the matter who will do better on the day. I know WCE have a vicious attacks line up but Syd defence is very stingy. I also don't really like WCE so I'll go with Syd for them to win grand final title back to back ! Moreover to the fact that WCE played in MCG, and I think its not a ground they really favour. Anyway, I know the spooky stuff that the guys been talking about seems going to WCE favour, but I'll go against the myth ! ;) G'luck everyone in the finals ! May the best team win and looking forward to nxt year footy ! And hopefully we get a broader audience of punters in this game here in PL :ok

Re: AFL Grand Final - Sydney vs West Coast (Sept 30th) What a brilliant match, absolutely incredible. Thats what Grand Finals should be like. Eagles get up by 1 point against the swans. Last 5 meetings between these teams have been won by less than a kick, or 12 points on aggregate. Andrew Embley won the medal for best player on the ground

How about some freakish history why West Coast will win? 2005 West Coast player wins Brownlow Sydney wins Grand Final 2005 Sydney come from behind to win Preliminary final and win Grand final Neither team has won 2 games in the row against each other and Sydney won last meeting between the two teams 2006 Sydney player wins the Brownlow and West Coast will win Grand Final 2006 West Coast come from behind to win Preliminary final and will win Grand Final Sydney won last meeting between these two sides and now it's West Coasts turn BUT the reason West Coast will win the Grand Final is because they are a superior side than Sydney. Kerr and Embley needed the run last game at Subiaco, and look how they both played last week with that run under their belt...Adelaide are the best defensive side in the AFL and West Coast beat them twice this season in Adelaide, most sides can't win in Adelaide but the Eagles managed to do it twice this season. Stop Barry Hall and you stop Sydney, simple as that...And you can bet that's what will happen on Saturday...Dean Cox will fill up the hole in the backline so Hall is not isolated and can get easy marks...Kerr, Judd and Cousins will tear Sydney apart this weekend, and Quenton Lynch will play a blinder and will not miss easy goals like he did in the last meeting at Subiaco...West Coast should have had that game sewn up in the first half. If Judd is paying $4-50 then I might bet my mother in law on that cos that is great odds and I won't mind if I lose :) Can save on Ben Cousins cos he is an out an out superstar, but big Q Lynch as Andrew Demetriou calls him could well be the surprise packet...He could kick 8 goals this weekend and blow Sydney away. Wishful thinking perhaps? We will see... Lets hope it is a great game like their last few :cheers Players like Judd and Cousins who give their all and play for keeps everytime they walk onto a fotty field deserve to win Grand Finals...Pity my team Collingwood didn't have some of there testicular fortitude, but we a team of squibs.
Now thats really freaky Beejay !!! :lol:lol:lol Anyway that grand final was a classic !! Absolute beauty :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy :ok

BUT the reason West Coast will win the Grand Final is because they are a superior side than Sydney. Kerr and Embley needed the run last game at Subiaco, and look how they both played last week with that run under their belt...Adelaide are the best defensive side in the AFL and West Coast beat them twice this season in Adelaide, most sides can't win in Adelaide but the Eagles managed to do it twice this season. Stop Barry Hall and you stop Sydney, simple as that...And you can bet that's what will happen on Saturday...Dean Cox will fill up the hole in the backline so Hall is not isolated and can get easy marks...Kerr, Judd and Cousins will tear Sydney apart this weekend, and Quenton Lynch will play a blinder and will not miss easy goals like he did in the last meeting at Subiaco...West Coast should have had that game sewn up in the first half. If Judd is paying $4-50 then I might bet my mother in law on that cos that is great odds and I won't mind if I lose :) Can save on Ben Cousins cos he is an out an out superstar, but big Q Lynch as Andrew Demetriou calls him could well be the surprise packet...He could kick 8 goals this weekend and blow Sydney away. Players like Judd and Cousins who give their all and play for keeps everytime they walk onto a fotty field deserve to win Grand Finals.
Hope people got on cos I got $3-75 to win by under 24.5 points and that is a steal, I feel like I have robbed the bookies cos it was never in doubt! I said it in an earlier post that West Coast were morals and win they did! You little beauty!!! :drums :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

The final will be a cracker with both teams is in full fit conditions. It is just the matter who will do better on the day. I know WCE have a vicious attacks line up but Syd defence is very stingy. I also don't really like WCE so I'll go with Syd for them to win grand final title back to back ! Moreover to the fact that WCE played in MCG, and I think its not a ground they really favour. Anyway, I know the spooky stuff that the guys been talking about seems going to WCE favour, but I'll go against the myth ! ;) G'luck everyone in the finals ! May the best team win and looking forward to nxt year footy ! And hopefully we get a broader audience of punters in this game here in PL :ok
LOL the spooky stuff Uncoabis :lol I was very confident that the Coasters would stop Barry Hall and they did that cos Hall never got a goal...Was only a one point win I know...But still a win and can't believe they were paying $3-75.

Re: AFL Grand Final - Sydney vs West Coast (Sept 30th) Yeah, but to be honest Syd really could win it imo, they were 5 goals down and they didn't give up. It is just they couldn't convert all their chances. Regarding Hall, he got a golden chance in the 1st quarter to bag at least a goal and the range was also do-able however he managed to screw it up LOL. Oh well but Eagles in the end kept their cool and managed to defend their 1 point lead, so yeah big applause to them. And more importantly, congratz on your bet Beejay ;) thats really a good price.