AFL Grand Final - Sydney vs West Coast (Sept 30th)

Re: AFL Grand Final - Sydney vs West Coast (Sept 30th) Freaky thing is last year Eagles beat Swans by 4 points in a Qualifying Final then Swans beat Eagles by 4 points in Grand Final. Brownlow went to West Coast player. This year Swans beat Eagles by 1 point in Qualifying Final then Eagles beat Swans by 1 point in Grand Final. Brownlow went to Sydney player. What would of been more freaky is if the game ended a draw. In 1948 there was the first drawn grand final, 29 years later there was another drawn grand final and today was 29 years since the last grand final and it was 1 point off being another draw. Quite incredible really

Re: AFL Grand Final - Sydney vs West Coast (Sept 30th)

Hope people got on cos I got $3-75 to win by under 24.5 points and that is a steal, I feel like I have robbed the bookies cos it was never in doubt! I said it in an earlier post that West Coast were morals and win they did! You little beauty!!! :drums :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap
Are you insane?? Never in doubt??...Robbed the bookies????..MORALS????? They won by a single point, with Sydney attacking for pretty much the last 10 minutes (well, last quarter really) solid!! ...Good win by anyone on WC...and/or Sydney +points ;) And a comment of the Norm Smith (interested to hear a few comments here too)... ...Embly was odds on @ HT, but I didn't think he did much at all after that...obviously took "that" mark late, but besides that... (and one of his goals was from THE WORST decision I've ever seen...the holding the ball against Kennelly??!!!) I thought Waters was good all game...Judd obviously...Fosdike for Sydney and even Ted Ricahrds fought back really well... ...oh, and one of the best arguments I've seen for NOT looking at stats...Fletcher had 25 touches, and good lord was he bad!!!...25 of the most ineffective, panicy disposals even sen on an AFL field!... ...I know it's hard to call out AFL footballers (it's a bloody tough game I understand)...but he is dead set scared.

Re: AFL Grand Final - Sydney vs West Coast (Sept 30th) Norm Smith I layed a few and backed a few at Betfair. As I said earlier, I layed Kerr because he was having an injury managed. My big result would have been Hansen - well I think he was B.O.G first qtr, then quiet - OF COARSE! :wall. My only possible terrible results were Kerr and Embley, such is how I've been travelling of late ... :wall:wall And of coarse Judd was still a contender till injured IMO and no real yelp from Cousins :wall. I voted it; Kerr Embley Kirk As a matter of fact I went to my computer and put the hockey stick down even before it was called :wall. This is how the official panel voted; Michael Sheahan (Herald Sun) 3: Andrew Embley (WC), 2: Tadhg Kennelly (Syd), 1: Beau Waters (WC) Jenny McAsey (The Australian) 3: Embley, 2: Brett Kirk (Sydney), 1: Dean Cox (WC) Rohan Connolly (The Age) 3: Embley, 2: Kirk, 1: Cox Ray Wilson (West Australian) 3: Cox, 2: Kirk, 1: Embley Mark Maclure (ABC Radio) 3: Daniel Kerr (WC), 2: Kirk, 1: Cox TOTAL 10 – Embley 8 – Kirk 6 – Cox 3 – Kerr 2 – Kennelly 1 - Waters

Are you insane?? Never in doubt??...Robbed the bookies????..MORALS????? They won by a single point, with Sydney attacking for pretty much the last 10 minutes (well, last quarter really) solid!! ...Good win by anyone on WC...and/or Sydney +points ;) And a comment of the Norm Smith (interested to hear a few comments here too)... ...Embly was odds on @ HT, but I didn't think he did much at all after that...obviously took "that" mark late, but besides that... (and one of his goals was from THE WORST decision I've ever seen...the holding the ball against Kennelly??!!!) I thought Waters was good all game...Judd obviously...Fosdike for Sydney and even Ted Ricahrds fought back really well... ...oh, and one of the best arguments I've seen for NOT looking at stats...Fletcher had 25 touches, and good lord was he bad!!!...25 of the most ineffective, panicy disposals even sen on an AFL field!... ...I know it's hard to call out AFL footballers (it's a bloody tough game I understand)...but he is dead set scared.
LOL Taz well I was biting my nails for the last quarter of course, especially after Goodes streamed thru the middle and kicked that goal...But when I placed the bet I wasn't thinking of that, my thought was of West Coast simply winning, which they did, by however means. I thought Judd or Kerr was unlucky not to get Norm Smith, Judd kept clearing the ball like only a freakish player can, not sure what he has to do to get best on ground...Kerr was brilliant too...Big Cox was probably stiff too :dude If you think Flethcer is scared, try picking my team Collingwood to bits...We have more squibs than the ocean...We got rid of Woewodin and Cole our 2 biggest squibs, but kept Lonie and Didak, least Didak can play a bit tho, but watch him closely in a marking situation, he is a squib...I love watching his ground skills tho, but we are never going to win a flag with a team of squibs, and players like Rocca and Tarrant who can't perform when it counts. I'm glad footy is over cos it frustrates me following a team of squibs when I could be following a side like West Coast who give it their all. Was happy to see 2 champs like Cousins and judd win the flag!

Are you insane?? Never in doubt??...Robbed the bookies????..MORALS????? They won by a single point, with Sydney attacking for pretty much the last 10 minutes (well, last quarter really) solid!! Are you insane?? No I am not insane :hope Never in doubt?? Did Sydney get in front in the 2nd half? :loon Robbed the bookies??? $3-75 for a team to win by under 24.5 points against a team that their last few games were under a goal...$3-75 for a team that beat Adelaide twice in Adelaide, which statistically is the best in the league...$3-75 for a team that was basically 1st or 2nd all season and was able to come from behind in Adealide to beat Adelaide, not many teams do that. :clap MORALS? Yes because I said they would win and they won! If they had lost I would have had egg on my face :ok They won by a single point, with Sydney attacking for pretty much the last 10 minutes (well, last quarter really) solid!! Make that last half but they were never good enough to get in front and should not have let West Coast get so far in front...Sydney had many chances and should have converted many opportunities, but having seen Collingwood in many Grand Finals, its results that matter, not excuses, and the result is West Coast won the game. Think all the freakish stats pointed to a West Coast win, cos in reality if all chances were taken and umpires didn't give away goals, the Cousins one, then Sydney may well have won...Have to take your chances in Grand Finals cos there are no What if's if you don't...The best team for the season won the game.