party poker monthly updates

staffy

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: party poker monthly updates I want to play in these, I really do, but I've sat here with Party Poker open for the last half an hour, and I'm struggling to make much sense of the lobby screen. The drop downs on the left I can understand, but the actual list of tournies on the right are so so cluttered. Why can't you resize the lobby so that you can actually see all of the information? eg; The headers are ID/ Date/ Name/ Game Buy-in/ Players and Status. Out of all of those headers the top tourney is listed like this; 851.../Oct 01 0.../Monster Qualifier.../NL Hol.../$6/139/Complete These tournies had better be bloody worth it cos I'm honestly struggling to choose the best 'path'. :(

Re: party poker monthly updates It appears that Party are to suspend all US accounts: http://www.londonstockexchange.com/LSECWS/IFSPages/MarketNewsPopup.aspx?id=1308926&source=RNS From what I know most of the players on Party are americans so this will make this tournament even better value. Their share price has gone down from £1.07 to £0.44 since they published the news. May be worth a gamble

Re: party poker monthly updates Are they just going to boot all Americans out, maybe leaving them there as sitouts? Or is this the end of the MTT? Just qualified (twice) for the weekly freeroll but i'll need to reread the T&C. Is the whole thing going to be abandoned? Are they going to boot out all the Americans? Seems unfair - no matter how much i want to get through to the final. When is the next American Election to be held? just wanted to see if i could get a value bet on Bush being voted back in.

Re: party poker monthly updates

Are they just going to boot all Americans out' date=' maybe leaving them there as sitouts? Or is this the end of the MTT?[/quote'] Will be interesting to see which way they jump..... Hard to see them pulling the plug on it or changing the T&C too much and maintaining any kind of integrety..... The $16m they have added to the prize fund is still pretty small in terms of their market capitalisation, even after todays falls, so I imagine they'll keep going - but what will they do with the americans already qualified :unsure Anyone else done the Monster School on the Party Web site for a mystery spot prize? 10 fairly straightforward Multiple choice questions for a spot mystery prize - I got 200 Party Points which I was quite disappointed with - what's anyone else got?

• 2 weeks later...

Re: party poker monthly updates Payout for the grand final is $1800 - doesn't sound a lot (compared to what it was worth) - will study the numbers later...... Cash values for each freeroll (not taking into account any future value): Grand final: ( $14,405,786 Prize Pool / 8,000 players ) = $1,800.72 per player Monthly: ( $1,000,000 Prize Pool / 8,000 players ) = $125.00 per player Weekly: ( $100,000 Prize Pool / 8,000 players ) = $12.50 per player Probability of advancing from one tournament to another: Weekly to Monthly = ( 2,000 players advancing / 8,000 players advancing ) = 1 out of 4 Monthly to Grand Final = ( 1,000 players advancing / 8,000 players advancing ) = 1 out of 8

Re: party poker monthly updates In fact I can see straight away - looks outragous - 2000 players have conributed to the prize pool, but they're splitting it amongst a theoretical 8000 players!!!!! That can't be fair/right!!!! SO they're pocketing a lot of the money that has been put in the prize pool!!!!