** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Magners Celtic League Betting Thread 2006/7

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Magners Celtic League Betting Thread 2006/7 tomorrow sees Llanelli and Ospreys battle it out for status as the best side in Wales and vital league points in the chase for the Magners League title. Llanelli are playing 3 days after losing in the heineken cup semis to Leicester which will have hit them hard physically and mentally. Ospreys meanwhile have had a week off to brood over losing the EDF cup final to the same opponent. It will be a sell out at Stradey Park with Scarlets keen to avenge the 50-24 drubbing handed to them by Ospreys in December and are virtually full strength except for Alix Popham and Dafydd James. Ospreys haven't yet properly named their side with key forwards Alun Wyn-Jones, Barry Williams and Ryan Jones not confirmed starters. i will hold my final judgement for a bit then, but if Ospreys pack is full strength it should have far too much for Llanelli so soon after a demoralising loss even in front of a sell out Stradey in a west wales derby.

19:35Llanelli Scarlets (4/5)Ospreys (6/5)Draw (22/1)

Re: Magners Celtic League Betting Thread 2006/7

Scarlets are the best team in Wales by a mile
50-24 would suggest otherwise butty! Ospreys are definately the value here, Scarlets are getting too much respect for their euro heroics, 3 days is nowhere near enough time to recover after a gruelling match before playing possibly the most physical side in the league. Ospreys @ 6/5 (Paddy Power)

Re: Magners Celtic League Betting Thread 2006/7 Ospreys win 19-6 :cheers Played in horrible conditions which didn't help scoring but Hook was better with his boot and a moment of magic from Shane Williams (how often have we said that this season) followed by some goo dhandling saw Hook slide in for the decisive try. Another win, what a pity nobody reads the rugby threads :rollin

Re: Magners Celtic League Betting Thread 2006/7 who we on in big game 2nite guys? I fancy the Ospreys despite the fact they played on tuesay. Been watching Leinster since they were knocked out of Heineken and they have been piss poor away from home. Could be very tight though and am concerned over Hooks fitness.

Re: Magners Celtic League Betting Thread 2006/7 tonight is too big a game for me to bet on tbh. The smart money would be on Leinster with Connor at 10 and Ryan Jones and AWJ not full fit after playing only 3 days ago. However Ospreys very rarely lose at home and Leinster rarely win away. It'll all depend on fitness tbh, if Ospreys forwards have enough puff they'll starve Leinster of ball, if they don't Leinster's backs will win it for them. I really want ospreys to win the title this year so may take Leinster +4 as a consolation bet if anything but I just can't call it as it's so dependant on fitness. Come on Os!!! A small pick though is Cardiff away to Borders. The useless bankrupt Scots have cost me throughout the season by consistantly getting thrashed over the handicap. Cardiff beat Ulster last week and badly need a 4 try bonus point win here tonight. I expect them to get it with finishers like Shanklin, Rhys Williams and Luvetisau, but maybe the Borders curse will strike again! Cardiff Blues -11 @ 10/11 (Bet 365)

Cardiff Blues -11 @ 10/11 (Bet 365)
Cardiff win 41-14 so the Borders curse is lifted! :cow
I really want ospreys to win the title this year so may take Leinster +4 as a consolation bet
Ospreys clinch a dour game 19-17 putting us in pole position for the league and as an added bonus failing to beat the cap! :cow

Re: Magners Celtic League Betting Thread 2006/7 2hcb's Magners League recomendations (forgive me for enjoying it while it lasts):rollin Ospreys (Scr) to beat Edinburgh - W (18pts) Borders +25 @ 10/11 (General) - L (17pts) Total Points - Under 46.5 @ 5/6 (Bet 365) - W (15pts) Glasgow @ 5/4 (General) - W (17pts) Ospreys @ 6/5 (Paddy Power) - W (13pts) Cardiff Blues -11 @ 10/11 (Bet 365) - W (16pts)

Ospreys win 19-6 :cheers Another win, what a pity nobody reads the rugby threads :rollin
Yeah i'm watching to buddy, keep up the good work and this great thread!! :ok , i'd post but i know nothing of this league, but i do enjoy following it, Cheers :)

2hcb's Magners League recomendations (forgive me for enjoying it while it lasts):rollin Ospreys (Scr) to beat Edinburgh - W (18pts) Borders +25 @ 10/11 (General) - L (17pts) Total Points - Under 46.5 @ 5/6 (Bet 365) - W (15pts) Glasgow @ 5/4 (General) - W (17pts) Ospreys @ 6/5 (Paddy Power) - W (13pts) Cardiff Blues -11 @ 10/11 (Bet 365) - W (16pts)
Awesome stuff buddy!! , please keep posting :notworthy

Re: Magners Celtic League Betting Thread 2006/7 A small one for today. Edinburgh have won their past 3 games against Llanelli and although both today have nothing to play for Edinburgh are not usually the type of side to simply roll over. Having said that they got thrashed 48-0 by Cardiff last week with a makeshift side out. They have a stronger team this time around and will have been stung by that result. Llanelli meanwhile are playing their 3rd game in 8 days, the previous 2 being demoralising loses to Leicester and Ospreys, they are resting Peel, Easterby and Rees for this one and have a few youngsters playing. Whilst they still have the ability to score tries with King and Mark Jones playing, Edinburgh are value on the handicap against a tired side especially with a strong looking backrow of Taylor, Hogg and Callam. Edinburgh +12 @ 10/11 (Stan James)

Re: Magners Celtic League Betting Thread 2006/7 Llanelli win 42-17. Edinburgh got sucked into an expansive game of which there was only going to be 1 winner. Having said that they'd have covered the cap had they not gifted Llanelli 2 interception 7pointers :wall :wall :wall

Llanelli win 42-17. Edinburgh got sucked into an expansive game of which there was only going to be 1 winner. Having said that they'd have covered the cap had they not gifted Llanelli 2 interception 7pointers :wall :wall :wall
Get em next time mate :ok

Hello mate! cheers' date=' aer you in Cardiff this weekend?[/quote'] I was planning to mate, gutted......but had my arm twisted into going to Berlin on a lads weekend next week. ;)

SportRugby
EventMagners league Rugby
SelectionCardiff Blues -13
Strength10/10
Date01/05/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 1.90 (Back)
ReasoningBlues are taking on a severely depleted Dragons team tonight. The Dragons have actually have two academy lads pairing in the centres and are going up against Tom Shanklin & Marc Stcherbina which is a complete mis-match. Blues are also going for the title and will need to grasp a four try win, their current form suggests this won't be a problem. Dragons are going to Cardiff on the back of 3 defeats to Munster, Leinster and Clermont and are severely depleted.
El Dragonistas: 15. Kevin Morgan © 14. Gareth Wyatt 13. Gareth Maule 12. Phil Dollman 11. Richard Fussell 10. Ceri Sweeney 9. Gareth Cooper 1. Dai Maddocks 2. Ben Daly 3. Rhys Thomas 4. Andrew Hall 5. Luke Charteris 6. Joe Bearman 8. Michael Owen 7. Jamie Ringer Academy lads Rich Cardiff Baby Killing Nazis: 15 Ben Blair 14 Rhys Williams 13 Tom Shanklin 12 Marc Stcherbina 11 Chris Czekaj 10 Nicky Robinson 9 Mike Phillips 8 Xavier Rush © 7 Robin Sowden-Taylor 6 Scott Morgan 5 Robert Sidoli 4 Deiniol Jones 3 Gary Powell 2 Gareth Williams 1 Gethin Jenkins believe me, that Cardiff squad is incredibly strong and they'll also looking to avenge our narrow win over them at Christmas. Seriously, this derby game could get very messy and our bench is weak whilst the blues have no real injuries and strength and depth everywhere, the wan**rs.

Re: Magners Celtic League Betting Thread 2006/7 Have to agree with DAC here, whilst I am loathed to bet against the Dragons as they are just the sort of gutsy outfit that beat handicaps they are an injury ravaged squad and will be less motivated than Cardiff who are going great guns at the moment in their run for the ML title. The key absences for the Dragons are Charvis and Gough in the pack and the Brews outwide giving the very little firepower. From an Ospreys point of view I hope Dragons can at least deny Cardiff the 4 try bonus but I don't see it. With Ben Blair back kicking for Cardiff instead of flaky Nicky Robinson I expect them to cover the cap. Cardiff -13 @ 10/11 (General)

Re: Magners Celtic League Betting Thread 2006/7 31-20, not a good game. Cardiff cover, then allow Dragons a break away try simply from throwing the ball on the floor. Cardiff were taking the piss and going for miracle passes which didn't come off, had they played properly they'd have covered comfortably :@ :wall :@

Re: Magners Celtic League Betting Thread 2006/7 I see DAC hasn't commented on tonight's game, but with the Dragons having played on Tuesday and not looked all that impressive in attack, I think 12pts might be too much for them to cover against a dogged Connacht side who beat them earlier this season and have taken some notable scalps this season in the league. Connacht +12 @ 4/5 (Stan James) Ospreys - Glasgow is the most important game tonight though, win here and Ospreys are looking good for the title. Glasgow have been on very good form recently so this one is difficult to call. I really hope Ospreys can pull through and I expect them to do so with an almost full strenght side out in Scotland tonight. Glasgow have done well lately but against a fired up side who are on form I'd expect the likes of Marshall, Hook and Shane Williams to have too much. The matchup between Hook and Dan Parks at 10 has the potential to be very embarrassing for Glasgow. Not sure I'll take it as I'll be disappointed enough if Ospreys don't win but I'd reccommend: Ospreys -3.5 @ 4/5 (Bet 365)