US Open Mens - 28th Aug - 10th Sept

Re: US Open Mens - 28th Aug - 10th Sept

SportTennis
EventMonfils vs Russel
SelectionRussel to win (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date29/08/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 4.00 (Lay)
ReasoningMonfils is good player and he will face up against Russel today. Russel is playing mostly challengers in US without any success. He isn't capable of beating players like Monfils, although he did good in qualifying rounds. Also, Monfils was injured for a lot of time, but now hhe seems to be back and better.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SportTennis
EventDel Potro - Falla
SelectionFalla to win (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date29/08/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.50 (Lay)
ReasoningJuan Martin Del Potro is improving day by day. He is really playing really good tennis on clay and hard. For example. he just won Segovia tournament defeating names like Bozoljac, Verdasco, Norman and Becker. Also, he did great at qualifying rounds of AO. So, he has eight wins in a row and is looking really hot at the moment. Falla also played US q rounds but he didn't impress. Also, before uS open he had some pretty poor peformances like losing to Lee twice, Mahut etc. Del Potro is hot favourite right now, and I don't see any chance for Falla today.

SportTennis
EventSantangelo vs Raymond
SelectionRaymond to win (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date29/08/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.90 (Lay)
ReasoningMara Santangelo is playing better and better this season. She has 25-19 records and is improving her tennis tournament by tournament. Last week she even won against Anastacia Myskina in three and for sure will look to have one of the best US Opens so far. On the other side, Lisa Raymond is 33 and she is playing doubles much better then singles. So, she is losing against any better opponent. So, she is losing latelly against Morigami, Penetta, Hantuchova and Santangelo is just their class. So, I expect easy win for Mara Santangelo here.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventMathieu - Goodall [set hc] 0:2.5
SelectionGoodall (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date29/08/2006
Bookmaker/PriceGamebookers @ 1.60 (Back)
ReasoningI believe that Goodall have enough abilities to take away at least one set from Mathieu.Mathieu after French Open and great fight against Nadal is now playing crappy tennis and he rarely wins any matches.Goodall is mostly challenger and futures player but he is doing very well there.Of course his favourite surface is grass but he surely knows how to play on hard and can give out of form Mathieu hard times.

Re: US Open Mens - 28th Aug - 10th Sept Let's hope it's dry today:hope Accy @ 2.03 WillHill 300pts SAFIN v Vik @ 1.25 O ROCHUS v Patience @ 1.16 HENMAN v Rusedski @ 1.25 TURSUNOV v Kunitsyn @ 1.12 A lot of people will be opposing Safin at this sort of price but I'm going to have to disagree. I think he's been playing OK at the moment and has had a couple of weeks off since Cinci and I think he could do pretty well. He's had pretty rough draws against Robredo and Monfils so he should find this one much more comfortable. Vik hasn't done much recently and I certainly see him being outclassed here. Rochus hasn't played much since Wimbledon but last week in New Haven he did pretty well and that's wnough to make me think he'll be fine here. He's the type of guy I don't see losing to poor opposition anymore and he should be comfortable here. Patience hasn't played since mid July when he was losing in qualifying tournaments on clay and I can't see him causing Rochus any problems today. I really can't see Tim losing this. He's dominated the H2H recently and looks to be in much better shape. I think he's been playing well this summer but has had tough draws with his losses coming against Tursunov and Murray twice. Greg is really struggling and picked up just his first win since the start of May last week against a rusty Karlovic and then looked pretty poor against Nieminen. His serve isn't what it was and neither is his movement and the way Tim returns I can only see one winner here. Tursunov is having a cracking year so far and I can't see him losing here. He's shown more solid form this summer and should have far too much class here. Kunitsyn hasn't shown too much this summer and hasn't played for quite a few weeks, so I can't see him coming in here with too much confidence. Current bank: 424pts

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventMyskina - Azarenka
SelectionAzarenka
Strength10/10
Date30/08/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.40 (Back)
ReasoningThis match was scheduled for yesterday but as we all know it was postponed due to rain.It's 1:0 for Azarenka at the moment.And as beginning of this match showed this may be tough one for Myskina.She is not at her best now and she can have big problems against Azarenka who won here at Us Open juniors tournament in 2005.They've played already two times this year.Myskina won both but those were tough ones for her.Azarenka is for sure capable to make a surprise here.Fingers crossed :)
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventFish - Djokovic
SelectionDjokovic
Strength10/10
Date31/08/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.64 (Back)
ReasoningDjokovic seems to be right choice here.He played good match against Young.He losed first set but then he just trashed him winning next three sets easilly.He is one of the biggest talents in ATP at the moment and he surely have bright future ahead of him.Fish is nothing special really.I see Djokovic as a player who have more to offer on court than Mardy Fish.And Fish was not impressive at all against Greul.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventJenkins - Bjorkman
SelectionJenkins
Strength10/10
Date30/08/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.81 (Back)
ReasoningI must try this one.Maybe Jenkins isn't at his best now but he's got a great talent and still can give hard times to good players.Bjorkman after great Wimbledon has problems with his health and is playing really poor tennis right now.I've seen Jenkins few times and I know that he really knows how to hit the ball :) and for those odds it's worth a try against old Bjorkman.

SportTennis
EventMayer vs Koubek
SelectionKoubek to win (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date30/08/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.55 (Lay)
Reasoning Mayer is in a great form. He has 19-16 this season and is playing great latelly. Firstly, Mayer played quarterfinals of Stuttgart Open, then he won Tampere challenger, was a finalist in Sopot and two weeks before he won Graz challenger on hard. In first round he will play against 29 years old Koubek. KOubek has only 8-5 this season. He had nice performances in Zagreb, back in April, but he is without any better result latelly. He also struggled to reach main draw as he won against Faurel in three hard fought sets. So, I really cannot see Koubek winning against such a in-form player.

SportTennis
EventVliegen vs Kubot
SelectionKubot to win (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date30/08/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.75 (Lay)
ReasoningVliegen is a very good player. He has 27-18 this season, which is a great record. Latelly, he isn't in a best form, but he showed improvement in his last tournament before US Open. He won against Gicquel and lost to Roddick 4-6, 4-6. On the other side, Kubot is typical claycourter and I really don't believe he can damage Vliegen today. Benedikt Dorsch won against Kubot in his last hard match this season.

Re: US Open Mens - 28th Aug - 10th Sept Only saved from disaster by Gicquel and Mahut coming through. Everything else tripe. Current bank: 80.9 points Profit/Loss: -19.1 points As for the second round: Srichaphan to bt Novak 8/15 Blue Square Cannot see how Srich can lose this. Novak is not in good shape anymore, shouldn't really be able to last a 5 setter. It was a surprise to me how he got past clement in the first round. Srich is liable to up his game for the big crowds, and can still put together good performances when in the mood. 15 points Gaudio to bt Querrey Evens Will Hill Bjorkman to bt Spadea Evens Will Hill Bit risky this one, but Querrey's first round was certainly dubious, Querrey having been 1.91 at Betfair initially before being 1/3 before the off. If Gaudio can put together a decent performance, the difference in class and experience is massive. You never know with Gaudio though. Bjorkman has been doing well recently, went a long way at Wimbledon, I just think Spadea is over rated in this match up. Keep stakes small. 4 points double Moodie to bt Monfils 11/4 Blue Square Simply a too big price for the competent Moodie against Monfils, who has just recovered from injury and then was taken to a long match by the American qualifier Russell. 4 points That's all so far. Good luck.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventBremond - Kirilenko [set handicap] 1.5:0
SelectionBremond (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date31/08/2006
Bookmaker/PriceGamebookers @ 1.80 (Back)
ReasoningSuch good odds for at least one set for Bremond.I'm on it.Bremond likes fast surfaces.She had great start at Wimbledon where she made it to the QF and she was one of the biggest surprises there.Kirilenko is in shitty form lately and she can't get on a right track for a few months now.This should be more equall match than the odds are suggesting.Bremond is for sure capable of winning at least one set against out of form Kirilenko.I must add that they were playing against each other at French Open and that was tough 3 set match.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventRezai - Safarova [set handicap] 1.5:0
SelectionRezai (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date31/08/2006
Bookmaker/PriceGamebookers @ 1.80 (Back)
ReasoningI just can't understand Gamebookers odds.Price for this hc is 1.80 when price for at least one set for Rezai is just 1.31.And I think that this is the same bet...or am I wrong??Two young tennis players are playing here against each other.I don't see such an obvious difference in abilities like bookies does with their odds.Rezai is very talented player(of course she rather prefers clay but still) and Safarova is nothing special really.She had few good results but it was rather at the beginning of the year.At least one set for Rezai looks good here for me.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventSchiavone - Mirza [set handicap] 0:1.5
SelectionMirza (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date31/08/2006
Bookmaker/PriceInterwetten @ 1.90 (Back)
ReasoningThis bet also looks reasonable for me.Both players easilly went through 1st round.Both are not at their best right now but I know what they are capable of and Mirza surelly can get at least one set here.Hard is her favourite surface and it seems that she made her best result on hard actually.She is very talented young player and she should give favourited Schiavone hard times.
I was thinking also about Daniililou against Na Li who seems to be in a bit poorer form lately.But it seems that either way Li is stronger than Eleni.And match between Azarenka - Jackson looks very interesting.Azarenka is my favourite here. :) btw:I'm about +12.We'll see after today.Four in play :hope

Re: US Open Mens - 28th Aug - 10th Sept The old champ's day: I'm a nostalgic and considering that all the people give out Agassi tonight, my bet over the style of Jiri Novak (Expekt at 2.65). Novak vs Srichapan Paradorn Srichaphan starts with the good push of the bookies: IMO too large the gap offered between the players involved. Srichapan has not shown to be in his best season for sure, I remember him to play more solid and fast than this year and, overall, he was more "hungry": to watch for his seasonal record, we cannot find one of the biggest tennis players that he beated, just at Indian Wells he gifted really good style of tennis. He started US Open beating Josè Acasuso, medium player generally and more medium on fast hard surfaces: Srichapan needed of 5 sets to close the match. Jiri Novak is to value in different way: for people who has good memory, he was been a real talented player, standing regularly in the top class of ATP rank for almost 10 years (maybe never over the 50th placement in his long best period). Now Novak must be considered like a veteran of the game and for that, IMO, more dangerous than any other player to face. Novak didn't loose his technical ability and he's playing always with his mind up on the field: clearly the fit conditions are changed after years of battle, but some shots of Novak are still lethals, more he has a good first serve and he's able to play by 2 touches (serve and volley). The season of Novak cannot offer reasons to my bet, although Srichapan had a real undertrend season too: my bet over the experience of the old champ, more Shrichapan really left many doubts about his condition after the 5 sets played in the first round.

Re: US Open Mens - 28th Aug - 10th Sept Accy @ 2.00 William Hill 300pts ROBREDO v Lee @ 1.22 LOPEZ v Chiudinelli @ 1.22 MALISSE v Phau @ 1.16 PETROVA v Ruano Pascual @ 1.16 Tommy came out hitting in the first round and was very impressive. He's got a very solid record here reaching the fourth round in the past two years. I know someone who thinks he's going very far in this tournament;) and I can't see an upset here. H2H is a nice 2-0 in straight sets on hard courts. To be fair Lee has been playing well this summer but I can't see him taking this one. Lopez was on fire in the first round against Ljubicic and playing like that he will trouble anyone. I know this is a good spot for him to have a let down, but I fancy him to keep rolling here. Chiu has done very well to come through qualies and the first round, but even before his injuries he was an average player and I think he can be safely opposed here. Phau got his first win in a long time in the first round here but I can't really see him making it 2. Malisse really took apart Nieminen in the first round and looks to be fully over the injury problems he had in New Haven. H2H is a very nice 4-0 to Malisse. Petrova looked to have found her form in the first round and I can't see her slipping up here. So long as her head is right, which I think it is, she has far too much class to lose this one. 60pt trebles from 4 Stan James 240pts SODERLING v Wawrinka @ 1.67 DJOKOVIC v Fish @ 1.53 YOUZHNY v Massu @ 1.67 GASQUET 3-0 v Simon @ 1.67 I was quite surprised to see this price. Soderling has been playing some good stuff this summer and I really fancy him for this one. I know Wawrinka has improved and is laying well, but I still feel this is a good match up for the Swede. He should be much more comfortable on serve than Wawrinka and that counts for a lot in this type of match up, as he almost gets some "free goes" on Wawrinkas serve and he has the big groundies to make that count. A lot of people still question Wawrinkas bottle and nerve and after a good win over Chela I think he'll be feeling the pressure in this one. Djokovic started very slowly against Young but once he got going he looked pretty well. I think he can carry that form into this one and should be able to take care of Fish. I've been positive about Fish for most of this year but he's having a lot of problems on serve recently and that could really hurt him here. In some matches his first serve percentage has been showing and at times under 30% for a set and he can't afford to do that. He looked a little better in his first round but there was still a big lapse in the 3rd set and I don't fancy him here. Youzhny has been slowly finding some form lately and he looks pretty good here. He really did a job on Hrbaty in the first round and that impressed me enough to have a go on him here. I'm not really sure about Massu, some days he looks pretty god and others he just looks bad. Struggled with Sanguinetti in the first round and I think he'll have a lot more problems here. H2H is 2-1 to Massu but Youzhny won the last meeting. Gasquet was very impressive in the first round and looks to be continuing his form from a few weeks ago. People tend to think he has lapses in the middle of matches and puts in some dodgy spells but I'm not too sure about that. To me when he's playing well he really flows and tends to be solid, and doesn't give too mcuh away even given his aggressive style. Simon hasn't shown much form at all recently and I see him being easily taken apart here. H2H is 1-0 to Gasquet back in Nottingham with an easy 6-3 6-1 victory. Current bank: 493pts

Re: US Open Mens - 28th Aug - 10th Sept That's 2/3 for me so far today and I will try one more eventually.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventAzarenka - Jackson
SelectionAzarenka
Strength10/10
Date31/08/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.26 (Back)
ReasoningI'm still on Azarenka.Both went easilly into the second round but Azarenka's win over Myskina must be more impressive than Jackson win over Pironkova.For me this is like 50%-50% match and with odds over 2.00 I'll go with Azarenka.

Re: US Open Mens - 28th Aug - 10th Sept I've just noticed that Nalbandian is odds against to beat Safin. Am I missing something here? I know Nalbandian has been out of shape recently and struggled in the first round but surely he must be physically fit if he managed to come from 2 sets down? I didn't see the match. Did he look injured or something? Safin is incredibly overrated this year. He starts virtually every match as a favourite and apart from a nice win over Blake has done nothing recently. His current ranking of 104 isn't a completely accurate picture of his current standing but hasn't been achieved by accident. Safin dominates the h2h 5-1 but most of those were 4 years ago when he was the much higher ranked of the 2. Surely some value in the world number 4 at evens or more in this one....

I've just noticed that Nalbandian is odds against to beat Safin. Am I missing something here? I know Nalbandian has been out of shape recently and struggled in the first round but surely he must be physically fit if he managed to come from 2 sets down? I didn't see the match. Did he look injured or something? Safin is incredibly overrated this year. He starts virtually every match as a favourite and apart from a nice win over Blake has done nothing recently. His current ranking of 104 isn't a completely accurate picture of his current standing but hasn't been achieved by accident. Safin dominates the h2h 5-1 but most of those were 4 years ago when he was the much higher ranked of the 2. Surely some value in the world number 4 at evens or more in this one....
If 100 people saw both of there first round matches then 100 would pick Safin. Safin had a blip in the third set (missed an easy shot, threw the racket, lost next two points to lose serve then didn't try in Viks service game - you know, the usual) but for the rest of the match he looked awesome. I know it's only one match but he looked really really good. Nalbandian on the other hand looked very poor. He deserved to be 2 sets and a break down and he did raise his game a bit but Berrer really choked. I've backed Safin far too many times this year, but both of them are having poor years, and I'm tempted by Safin again.

Re: US Open Mens - 28th Aug - 10th Sept Well bum-love-Lopez lost in 5 sets to ruin my accy and Soderling lost from 2 sets up to really hurt my trebles. But still got a bit of a return:

60pt trebles from 4 Stan James 240pts SODERLING v Wawrinka @ 1.67 :@ :@ :@ DJOKOVIC v Fish @ 1.53 :D YOUZHNY v Massu @ 1.67 :D GASQUET 3-0 v Simon @ 1.67 :D
Returned: 256.02pts Current bank: 749.02pts Oops:$ :$ :$ :$

Re: US Open Mens - 28th Aug - 10th Sept AGASSI to win first set v Baghdatis @ 2.5 Paddy Power 200pts Everyone would love to see Agassi win this but I don't think it's going to happen. Over 5 Baggy should get the better of him but that dosn't mean he can't get anything and this looks like the best bet. The atmosphere is bound to be electric and extremely emotional and early on that could really get to Baghdatis. Coupled with the fact that Agassi usually starts really quickly and physically this will be when he'll be relatively at his best then I think he's got a great shot t tking the first set. If he's to win this then he can't afford to go behind and I think he'll be able to execute sucessfully for at least the first set. Current bank: 549.02pts

Re: US Open Mens - 28th Aug - 10th Sept good call. might as well paste here what I said in the other thread. absolute classic match. shame about baghdatis getting cramp because I think he would've won otherwise but great stuff nonetheless. shame about the crowd too. I know you expect them to be boistrous and partisan but they could've shown baghdatis a bit more respect at times.

Re: US Open Mens - 28th Aug - 10th Sept My first plays of the week today, missed the early action due to being on holiday. Carlos Moya vs. Paul-Henri Mathieu Mathieu’s first round victory in four sets over the unknown Brit Josh Goodall has done little to suggest he is finding a return to the form that once made him the rising star of French tennis. That was only his second victory in his last 11 matches, the other coming against Alessio Di Mauro, ranked 93 in the world. He also has a terrible US Open record, winning just three off nine matches at Flushing Meadows. By contrast Moya has been finding his form again, and a first round victory over Agustin Calleri, in the form of his life, looks a good result for the Spaniard on paper. His Flushing Meadows record is much better, three times reaching the fourth round and making a semi-final appearance back in the 90’s. Moya record two comfortable victories over Mathieu last season, after losing their first encounter, a five-set Davis Cup semi-final tie. Moya has all the positive going into the match and should be backed to see off Mathieu. Tip: 10pts Moya @ 1.80 (Betfair)

Nikolay Davydenko vs. Nicolas Mahut I know the odds are very short, but a winner is a winner. Davydenko won two titles in August, including the Pilot Pen Open last week. He was also runner-up at the Swedish Open in July. Confidence his sky high for the Russian at the moment, as was shown in the way he dispatched Ramon Delgado in the first round after losing the opening set. Mahut is not in such great form, he is yet to win more than two consecutive matches on hard courts this year. He came through the opening round here against another out of touch player in Rainer Schuettler to progress to the second round here for the first time in his career. The odds might be short, but take Davydenko to continue his fine form. Tip: 10pts Davydenko @ 1.19 (Betfair)

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventAzarenka - Chakvetadze
SelectionAzarenka
Strength10/10
Date01/09/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 3.00 (Back)
ReasoningOne more time I'm on Azarenka.It should be more equall match than the odds are suggesting.Azarenka trashed her previous opponents.Myskina and talented Jackson have nothing to say against her.It seems that she is in pretty good form here at US Open.Chakvetadze also won her matches easilly but her opponents were for sure worse (Sucha and Bondarenko).It should be tight match and with a bit of luck Azarenka can take a win here.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventSchiavone - Peer
SelectionPeer
Strength10/10
Date01/09/2006
Bookmaker/PriceEurobet @ 2.15 (Back)
ReasoningYesterday I was against Schiavone and once agains I'm against her :)Chances here are 50/50 for me so I will go with Peer.She likes playing on hard and she had few good starts before US Open.Mirza showed yesterday in first set that Schiavone is nothing special so Peer who seems to be better player than Mirza can do the thing and kick out Schiavone out of the tournament :)
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventJankovic - Vaidisova
SelectionJankovic
Strength10/10
Date01/09/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.54 (Back)
ReasoningAnother interesting match here.And I'm on Jankovic here to make a small surprise :)Vaidisova had problems against poor Jidkova who is 445 in rank.She had to play 3 set match against her but eventually won.Jankovic simply looks better last weeks and she feels really good on hard courts in USA.She made it to the final of Los Angeles where she beat few good tennis players and in final she lost after tough 3 set match against Dementieva.With those odds I will try Jankovic here who seems to be a better choice.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventRezai - Kirileno
SelectionRezai
Strength10/10
Date01/09/2006
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ 3.00 (Back)
ReasoningOnce again against Kirilenko and on Rezai.Rezai played yesterday great match against Safarova.She have all the abilities needed to beat Kirilenko who won two previous matches but her opponents eventually were not so imressive.And the odds close to 3.00 for Rezai are just a gift for me.

Re: US Open Mens - 28th Aug - 10th Sept Couple of doubles for me today, perhaps something on the Safin game later.... Double @ 2.56 William Hill 200pts OKUN v Kubot @ 1.83 DEMENTIEVA v Zvonerava @ 1.4 Both of these guys have come through qualifying and done really well. But looking back, it just looks likely Kubot has got on a bit of a run and I fancy that to end today. Okun has had a great couple of months and absolutely flew threw qualifying and the first round. This has really impressed me and I fancy him today. Kubot is higher ranked but Okun is defiantely the better player and should be a decent favourite here. I said before the start of the tournament I facied Dementieva here and although I didn't go for that outright I still think she'll go far. So far she's played pretty well and should have enough class to win here. Vera was in great form a few weeks ago but I feel that is slipping and she will struggle here. Double @ 2.71 Stan James 200pts MOYA v Mathieu @ 1.57 QUERREY v Gaudio @ 1.73 Mathieu has been on a stinking run lately and beating Goodall in 4 pretty tough sets doesn't convince me he's playing any better. I was very impressed with Moya beating Calleri in the first round who has been in great form and if he can reproduce that game then this should be comfortable. H2H is 2-1 to Moya with Mathieu winning that big Davis cup rubber but Moya winning the next two. It still seems a little strange to have this sort of match priced up like this but the kid deserves it. Querrey has played well this summer and has the big game that will really frustrate Gaudio on this surface. Very good win in the first round for Querrey taking out Kohlschreiber (who I really like) in 3 comfortable sets. Gaudio had an easy win but that doesn't convicne me that he's playing well. He has a shocking record here (remember him losing to Baker last year?) and I expect that poor run to continue. Current bank: 649.02pts

Re: US Open Mens - 28th Aug - 10th Sept Both bets lost today. Almost forgot.... SAFIN v Nalbandian @ 1.95 Betfair 300pts Really fancy Safin in this one. I thought he was hitting extremely well in his first match and he hasn't played that well for quite a while. Bandy struggled and really should have lost, his game looked really poor. He's struggled a lot this year, just like Safin, but I have to feel that Safin is the one that looks like turning it around. Current bank: 349.02pts

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventRobredo - Wawrinka
SelectionWawrinka
Strength10/10
Date03/09/2006
Bookmaker/PriceInterwetten @ 2.90 (Back)
ReasoningIn search of surprise here :) Robredo's previous opponents were not so impressive.Out of form Saretta and Lee.Rather easy wins but today Robredo will have much harder task to deal with :) Wawrinka won against Chela and Soderling.Against soderling he was able to come from 0:2 sets deficit.I believe that Robredo isn't in a great form here at US Open and with a bit of luck Wawrinka can take this one.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventGaudio - Gicquel
SelectionGicquel
Strength10/10
Date03/09/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Paddy Power @ 2.38 (Back)
ReasoningGaudio was never great on hard and Gicquel can give him really hard time here.Gicquel win over Ferrero impressed me much.He won easilly in 3 sets and it seems that he is in really good form.He is experienced player so he will surely know how to take advantage of Gaudio's weaknesses on hard.Odds dropped here from about 2.70 but I think that odds above 2.00 are worth to try.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventYouzhny - Ferrer
SelectionYouzhny
Strength10/10
Date03/09/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.78 (Back)
ReasoningMaybe Ferrer is in the 3rd round but let's just look at his previous opponents.Almagro who is awfull on hard and Gimelstob who is rather in poor form.Youzhny seems to be in good form winning easilly in three sets against Hrbaty and in 5 sets against Massu in which he came from 2 set deficit and he won 3:2.Due to the rain he should be well rested and fully fit for this match.This match may be more tight than the odds are suggesting.I will try Youzhny here.

Re: US Open Mens - 28th Aug - 10th Sept dunno what the odds are as they are not out but bet all your money on Serena Williams to beat Mauresmo. H2h is 9-1 to williams. Williams playing good and mauresmo not so. Odds will probably be around 4/6 (rough estimate) for Williams to win but its a fairly certain that she will