Collared Tshirts - One for Paul Ross / GAF

msaban

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Collared Tshirts - One for Paul Ross / GAF Count me in... I like the idea of the polo shirt with Punters Lounge on and our usernames. We would both be happy to buy one; JarjarUK and Danarama. Sounds a great idea......:ok

Guest gazza271

Re: Collared Tshirts - One for Paul Ross / GAF

preferrably navy for me with maybe the sky blue writing to maintain the PL colour scheme?
Like the sound of that, I would probably want a couple, one in white as well. Embroided sounds good,as already stated would happily pay a few quid more for something decent that is going to last :ok

yep, i`m for a darker and more slimming colour too :$ black or preferrably navy for me with maybe the sky blue writing to maintain the PL colour scheme? fire the ideas in!!
sounds good to me, :ok

Re: Collared Tshirts - One for Paul Ross / GAF As a long lead-in to my thoughts, this might end up a bit like the BBC's "favourite King George winners" which featured during their racing coverage this afternoon. Think there were 7 presenters who ranked their top ten previous King George winners and Nashwan came out top without him actually being anyone's first choice, but he presumably picked up a lot of second and third choices ! Anyway, the dark blue shirt with light blue logo sounds good to me. Also think including the PL name is a good idea but what about on the front of the shirt, either below the logo or on the other breast ? With my memory the advantage of the name is to save that embarrassing silence while I try to remember who you are, without asking you to turn round ! ;)

With my memory the advantage of the name is to save that embarrassing silence while I try to remember who you are' date=' without asking you to turn round ! ;)[/quote'] And the embarrasing silence when I try to remember who I am:unsure

Re: Collared Tshirts - One for Paul Ross / GAF I think this is an excellent idea and i would pay extra for embroidered ones rather than printed. My work shirts and polo's on the front have my company name and pic on one side and The Famous Grouse + pic on other and on the back just below collar the words The Famous Grouse all embroidered in red and white on black shirts. We could have PuntersLounge logo on one side with our PL username on the opposite side and on the back PL CHAAAAAAARGE :D Also for colours the girlies might like a hot pink one :lol (maybe some boys too):tongue2 Edit: Messing about on paint :D punterslungepinktw4.jpg punterslungepink1uw3.jpg Unfortunately you cant make out the logo at the top of PL Chaaaaaaaarge, It was meant to be : 72offsuitev4.jpg :rollin [url=http://stores.ebay.co.uk/J-P-Stitching_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZQ2d33QQftidZ2QQtZkm]

any further ideas / progression ?
I'm talking to 2 companies at the moment - have sent off logo and design and am just awaiting costs back. One has given me a rough idea of about £12 per polo shirt (for an order of at least 20 shirts - the next price break is 25 shirts - and a one off set up fee of about £40) which to me sounds very reasonably priced for a quality polo shirt in a choice of colours with PL logo and user name embroided on the left breast. I'll chase both companies again to day to see if I can get firm prices.

Re: Collared Tshirts - One for Paul Ross / GAF Has anybody got a logo for me to use? And does anybody think that we need "the World`s Best Betting Forum" bit too underneath the main logo? Is there any chance I could try my idea without it? personally I`d just like the PL bit with your username beneath it. would it not be an idea to have www.punterslounge.com maybe across the back of the shirt just below the shoulders? just a thought.

Re: Collared Tshirts - One for Paul Ross / GAF This idea still sounds really cool. i would behappy to pay for an embroidered shirt. It would be cool to have PL and our usernames on it. If this idea goes ahead, I will definitely order two. One for Jarjaruk and one for Danarama. Awesome idea, :ok

Has anybody got a logo for me to use? And does anybody think that we need "the World`s Best Betting Forum" bit too underneath the main logo? Is there any chance I could try my idea without it? personally I`d just like the PL bit with your username beneath it. would it not be an idea to have www.punterslounge.com maybe across the back of the shirt just below the shoulders? just a thought.
I have the logo if you need it. PM me your email address and I'll send it to you. :D

Re: Collared Tshirts - One for Paul Ross / GAF Jeffers, that sounds ideal to me, I'll be up for that. (with my name on mine obviously).... lol Are people serious about these shirts? It is a great idea and I think a load of PL-ers would be up for buying one.

Re: Collared Tshirts - One for Paul Ross / GAF OK an update Spoken to the printer this morning and these options were discussed. An embroided polo shirt with PL logo (as posted by Valiant in post 13) with your PL Username underneath will be £10 each. A printed polo shirt with PL logo (as posted by Valiant in post 13) with your PL Username underneath will be £8 each. The things to note are:

• These prices are based on a minimum order of 20 shirts in total. Prices could go lower if the totals rise.
  • The printer says that, due to the number of stitches required on the embroided ones, you will find that they will pull over time and therefore he feels the printed ones would wear better and last longer.
  • There is a set up fee of £40 to set up the machinery for the embroided ones - this is a one off fee so based on an order of 20 shirts the actual price of these would be £12 each (obviously reducing the more shirts we buy). There is no set up fee for printed shirts.
  • Light coloured shirts would have the logo as notmal, dark coloured shirts would have the text underneath and the dark blue on the logo replaced with white.
  • The text underneath the logo (The World's Best Betting Forum) is too small and therefore would be increased in length to be the same width as the Punters Lounge logo (although the text would be smaller).
  • Postage & Packing - I haven't yet considered the costs of posting each shirt onto you all.

I think that covers everything at the current time. I am getting a printed sample shirt sent out. Unfortunately it's unlikely to be here tomorrow else I could maybe have got it to someone who is at the races this weekend (is anyone going from close to Preston that I could get in touch with tomorrow if it does arrive?) Otherwise I'll photgraph it and post it here. Any thoughts? Edit - I've just realised that it's not the races this weekend but the Birmingham poker night.

Re: Collared Tshirts - One for Paul Ross / GAF The prices sound excellent for such a low quantity, but what I would be wary of is the comments about the embroidery pulling. My mother used to have her own embroidery factory a few years ago, all the stitches were manually entered onto a jaquard which ran the jig for the machine. It was a very expensive process and most of the costs were involved in setting up. Nowdays the commputer driven systems are much easier to set up, stiches are calculated directly from an image. I'd imagine that the price is based on fewer stiches to keep the price down. Good embroidery should outlast printing by years. At the moment I'm wearing a Jaguar racing polo shirt (embroidered) that I bought at Sliverstone the first season jaguar had a team (6 years?) and it's as good as new. All I'm saying is that I think embroidered is better and if we have to pay a little more for higher quality it's probably worth it, if embroidery is not going to hold up against printed (which inevitably fades or cracks) it's probably not the quality we're looking for. However this is the first quote and the prices seem incredibly low for what we're getting, thanks for your effort Daftpegasus:ok

Re: Collared Tshirts - One for Paul Ross / GAF great work DaftP, thanks for doing the investigating. Excellent prices!!! :ok Should we start voting? or a voting thread, with who wants one, what names we would like on them, and whether we would like embroidered or printed? That way we'll know how many want a shirt and what sort.

Re: Collared Tshirts - One for Paul Ross / GAF In terms of the quality issues of the embroidery (need a spell checker) I spoke to this company because we use them for work shirts. The polo shirts I wear for work and been worn weekly for the last 4 years and still look good and the embroidery still looks new. My preference is still for the embroided option but had to mention what the printer said to me. Sizes are as follows: S - 36/38" M - 40" L - 4244" XL - 46" XXL - 48" 3XL* - 50/52" (for the big boys amongst you!) Note that the 3XL sizes have a limited choice of colours