ATP Kitzbuhel/LA/Umag 24th-30th July

Re: ATP Kitzbuhel/LA/Umag 24th-30th July

SportTennis
EventGalvani vs Berlocq
SelectionGalvani to win
Strength10/10
Date25/07/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.71 (Back)
ReasoningI have no idea how can Carlos Berlocq still be in top 100. He has 2-15 this season's record, but even worse thing is that he keeps almost the same record at challengers too. Currently, he has six losts in a row. Crivoi, Pavel, Ljubicic, Bloomfield, Mirnyi and Ramirez-Hidalgo were much better than Berlocq. In these six matches he took one set only. Galvani on the other side has 3-4, but he is at least much better on challenger level. Still, Galvani is typical claycourter, he was a runner-up at Barletta challenger, San Remo challenger, too. He also won French Open qual.round defeating player like Aldi. Also, he passed first round defeating Mayer. After nice performances on grass he returned to clay and played two challengers. He won against Potito Starace and Cipolla latelly. So, everything is on Galvani's side, there are even always some Italians in audience cheering for their players. Full stake on Galvani.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know why Murray dropped out of the Davis Cup at the weekend? I see he's playing Hrbaty today and 2.28 on Hrbaty looks tasty if Murray isn't going to be fully fit. I don't really like Murray that much so opposing him would be no problem :loon Cheers. :ok
Murray has pulled out. Malisse clearly lost it after a long first set, so a good win for Agassi:ok

SportTennis
EventATP Los Angeles
SelectionFISH v Safin
Strength10/10
Date25/07/2006
Bookmaker/PriceExpekt @ 2.35 (Back)
ReasoningVery simple here; Safin was pathetic last week, and I'd be looking to oppose him with virtually any player in the draw. We have Fish to oppose him with, and I'm very happy with that. Fish is still trying to get his ranking back to where it should be after a nightware with injuries and he's got some very solid performances and results this year. He's coming here after a break after Newport where he did pretty when but ran into Scud who was unbreakable that week. I think fish can have a very good summer, and especially in the slightly smaller events should be looking for decent points. His aggresive style will be able to rush Safin and the mood Safin seems to be in lately he could well blow up. I'm quite surprised to see Safin favourite for this and I'm very willing to take this offer of 2.35.

SportTennis
EventATP Los Angeles
SelectionFISH v Safin
Strength10/10
Date25/07/2006
Bookmaker/PriceExpekt @ 2.35 (Back)
ReasoningVery simple here; Safin was pathetic last week' date= and I'd be looking to oppose him with virtually any player in the draw. We have Fish to oppose him with, and I'm very happy with that. Fish is still trying to get his ranking back to where it should be after a nightware with injuries and he's got some very solid performances and results this year. He's coming here after a break after Newport where he did pretty when but ran into Scud who was unbreakable that week. I think fish can have a very good summer, and especially in the slightly smaller events should be looking for decent points. His aggresive style will be able to rush Safin and the mood Safin seems to be in lately he could well blow up. I'm quite surprised to see Safin favourite for this and I'm very willing to take this offer of 2.35.
I hope this hits MR I. A logical play. Safin lost last week to a player ranked 512. Fish can play on hardcourts...best of luck :hope

Re: ATP Kitzbuhel/LA/Umag 24th-30th July Oh dear, Safins playing well. Currently Safin 5-4* in the first set - no break points yet, and Safin is serving at 73% and winning 94% behind the first serve:eek. Neither of them getting anything going on the return, going to be tough for Fish:hope

Re: ATP Kitzbuhel/LA/Umag 24th-30th July Fish loses in a couple of tight sets. Simply very poor serving when it matters, when I posted at *4-5 his first serve percentage was 70% and he ended up at 45% (similar to what happened against Nadal at Queens wasn't it?). So now -30pts for the week and haven't had a winner yet - need to sort it out but I don't trust Kitzbuhel:unsure :unsure

SportTennis
EventCilic vs Wawrinka
SelectionCilic to win
Strength10/10
Date26/07/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Unibet @ 2.56 (Back)
ReasoningAfter a great win over Korolev, Marin Cilic will have to face up against Wawrinka. And, this should be very difficult match. So, my predictions are over games bet and bet on Cilic to win. Cilic is in great form, he is performing better and better, he reached semifinals at GStaad all from qualification round. He defeated names like Navarro-Pastor, Seppi, Vemic, Pavel and lost to Lopez in three. On the other side, Wawrinka is quite young player, but more experienced than Cilic. But, Wawrinka is very incosistant too. He has no major results this season. Latelly, he was losing against names like Di Mauro, Pavel etc. So, Over and Cilic's win will be my bets here.
SportTennis
EventCilic vs Wawinka
SelectionCilic to win 2-1 in sets
Strength10/10
Date26/07/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Unibet @ 5.00 (Back)
ReasoningAfter a great win over Korolev, Marin Cilic will have to face up against Wawrinka. And, this should be very difficult match. So, my predictions are over games bet and bet on Cilic to win. Cilic is in great form, he is performing better and better, he reached semifinals at GStaad all from qualification round. He defeated names like Navarro-Pastor, Seppi, Vemic, Pavel and lost to Lopez in three. On the other side, Wawrinka is quite young player, but more experienced than Cilic. But, Wawrinka is very incosistant too. He has no major results this season. Latelly, he was losing against names like Di Mauro, Pavel etc. So, Over and Cilic's win will be my bets here.

Re: ATP Kitzbuhel/LA/Umag 24th-30th July Hi guys, We continue with the following pick: ATP TOUR, Countrywide Classic - Los Angeles GINEPRI TO D CARLSEN @ 1.4 on stanjames Robby Ginepri was one of the top 5 players in US hard court tournaments last summer and now he is back to his favourite environment and back to his last year form. He loves playing serve-and-volley players and will have an advantage against Carlsen's attacking game due to his very solid returns from both sides. Carlsen is a solid veterane player but he always has poor results against good returners. www.WinningTipster.com

Re: ATP Kitzbuhel/LA/Umag 24th-30th July Sport Tennis Event Del Potro vs Vik Selection Del Potro to win Strength 10/10 Date 26/07/2006 Bookmaker/Price Nordicbet @ 1.70 (Back) Reasoning Robin Vik came to this tournament with a 9-19 overall ATP record this season. Well, that's quite bad. Yesterday Vik won over Coria in two sets, but of course, Coria is injured and had a lot of double faults which made games on his serve very breakable. Still, it wouldn't be a wonder if Coria came to Umag on vacation, many players do so. Before this tournament, Vik had lost to Hartfield in three last week. Overall, he is between ATP tournaments and some bigger challengers, but without major success. Latelly, he is losing against Minar, Sabau, Sluiter, players who are weaker than young Del Potro. On the other side, Del Potro had a very good time in Stuttgart. He won against Pavel and Chela. Yesterday, he won against Sluiter in two easy sets. I expect Del Potro to progress here into next round.

Hi Mr I What do you think of the N Dechy v ME Camerin game?
Wimbledon WTA (f)
2005-06-211/64N. Dechy2-0M. E. Camerin7-66-1
Dechy must be a certainty and at odds of 1.50 seem good to me at Paddypower! Regards,
Camerin beat her on clay a couple of months before that. Dechy is 9-16 this year so isn't doing well but it has got a bit better lately. Camerin is doing OK at the moment, but did look to be doing a little better earlier in the year. On hard courts I'd favour Dechy but I wouldn't bet on it:unsure :ok.

Re: ATP Kitzbuhel/LA/Umag 24th-30th July Mr I, I know how you feel, so far I have won 1 solitary bet so far this week on the tennis, I have given it the flick until the final. The results have been all over the place, players either seem tired or uninterested or injured. I just wish they would not show up if they are!! All eyes to the weekends football or next week.

Mr I, I know how you feel, so far I have won 1 solitary bet so far this week on the tennis, I have given it the flick until the final. The results have been all over the place, players either seem tired or uninterested or injured. I just wish they would not show up if they are!! All eyes to the weekends football or next week.
You managed to hit a winner? Well done sir:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy I'm so pissed off, but I actually fancy a few today, comeback time;)

SportTennis
EventATP Kitzbuhel
SelectionVEMIC v Chela
Strength10/10
Date27/07/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.77 (Back)
ReasoningChela has been on a shocking run this year, and I know a few guys that have enjoyed opposing him. This is exactly the type of matches he can lose. He got a decent win over Zabaleta in the first round but I'm not convincing that means he's back in form. Vemic is a guy who's usually stuck in the qualifying tournaments but in the last couple of weeks he's done really well and picked up some good wins. I think he's definately got a shot here and I'm willing to have a go at this price

Mr I, I know how you feel, so far I have won 1 solitary bet so far this week on the tennis, I have given it the flick until the final. The results have been all over the place, players either seem tired or uninterested or injured. I just wish they would not show up if they are!! All eyes to the weekends football or next week.
Some of the claycourt results have been unexpected for sure. I think a lot of players are just getting ready for the hardcourt unless your a die hard claycourter and you can pick up a victory or 2.

Re: ATP Kitzbuhel/LA/Umag 24th-30th July THIS IS VERY GOOD ! OK, did that get your attention ? I have found a very nice value bet for the ATP event in Los Angeles today. It is for 18 yo Sam Querrey (who ?) to beat Dmitry Tursunov, the price is a massive 3.80 on Betfair, will probably be bigger later and could pay for your summer holiday. Firstly, Tursunov is a good steady pro, top 50 player and very much at home on these hard courts, but that is why we get such a juicy price on the American. Sam is a native Californian, was born in San Francisco and lives just outside Los Angeles. A bit of a late developer as a junior, he improved dramatically in his last year as a "boy", rising a 100 places in almost as many days. At 1.98 tall and 90kg, he strikes an imposing figure, to be honest he looks bigger and has probably grown since these measurements were taken. He has a massive serve, in a recent (close) defeat to big serving Fernando Gonzalez, he dominated these stats. This is Querrey's first year as a senior and he is improving quickly. In his first Masters event at Indian Wells in March, he beat Bobby Reynolds ( ranked 114) and then took a set off the in form, James Blake, who went on to reach the final, without dropping another. In early June he won a Challenger event on hard in Yuba City and followed this up with another hard court success earlier this month in Winnetka. Moving on to ATP events, first he went to Newport, beating Udomchoke ( ranked 112) 3 & 4, before losing to Andrew Murray. Then on to Indianapolis, beat Tipsarevic (126) serving 19 aces and then came the loss to Gonzalez. In the first round here he beat the experienced Vince Spadea, in straight sets, to whom he had lost earlier in the year, further proof that he is heading in the right direction. You will never again get 3.80 ( or bigger) for Querrey to beat Tursunov, let alone on a hard court in his "home" tournament, win or lose it is a value price, I suggest you get on. 4 points Querrey to beat Tursunov 3.80 betfair. www.ubet2win.blogspot.com 3.67 available on Pinnacle, might have to shop around.

Re: ATP Kitzbuhel/LA/Umag 24th-30th July Good luck PIPMEL, great write up as usual:ok

SportTennis
EventATP Kitzbuhel
SelectionLAPENTTI 2-0 v Koubek
Strength10/10
Date27/07/2006
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 2.37 (Back)
ReasoningLapentti has finally found some game again and I'm willing to ride him here. Last week he did very well in Stuttgart coming through qualifying and getting 3 wins before going down to Berdych. Here, he's got an awesome record of 16-4 since 2000 and even last year when he was really struggling he reached the quarters and beat Calleri, Horna and Gonzalez before going down to Massu in 3 sets. So why is he so good here? The answer is altitude; this tournament is up in the sky and being from Ecuador he loves it. Koubek is at home but he's had major struggles so far against Marin and Pashanksi (both of whom have been shocking recently, especially Pashankski who is now on a 0-11 run). This is a big step up to a guy who's in form and a guy who took care of Davydenko yesterday with ease. H2H is 4-1 to Lapentti including 2 very easy wins on clay.

Gonzalez to bt Agassi: 1.83 @ Willhill this has got to be a good bet with Gonzalez in good form crushing safin. Agassi is getting very old. Probably an all account bet for me on this. Though I only have £30 in my account
It's a bit early but I agree entirely:ok. Agassi struggled so far I feel and the way Gonzo hits he'll move him around too much. Also H2H is 1-0 to Gonzo on US hardcourts in 2003 when Agassi was world number 1.

It's a bit early but I agree entirely:ok. Agassi struggled so far I feel and the way Gonzo hits he'll move him around too much. Also H2H is 1-0 to Gonzo on US hardcourts in 2003 when Agassi was world number 1.
not early, cos u have to take the odds early cos now the odds have gone down to 1.66 for gonzalez

Re: ATP Kitzbuhel/LA/Umag 24th-30th July I like the look Kohlschreiber over Chela. Chela has been awful all season on European clay, going out in the first round in 5 of 7 events. So far here he's beaten Zabaleta who hasn't been playing much lately and Vemic who is ranked 374 in the world so I'm not convinced he's had a significant turn around in form. Kohlschreiber has been quite impressive recently , beating Verdasco and taking a set off Gasquet in the Gstaad semi-final and then beating Nieminen in the last round here, a guy he'd lost to 4 times this year already. I don't see why he's a slight underdog here. 2.04 on Pinnacle.

SportTennis
EventATP Kitzbuhel
SelectionMELZER 2-0 v Youzhny
Strength10/10
Date28/07/2006
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ 2.40 (Back)
ReasoningMelzer doesn't really have a great record here but at home this year he's getting it together. He's come in with decent form and has had 3 straight sets wins, including against Robredo, which was very good. I fancy him to get another one today against Youzhny who I'm not too sure about. He's having a shocking year and despite a few wins recently I still don't think he's playing too well. He had a huge struggle against Vassallo-Arguello including losing the first set 6-0 then beat Massa comfortably but he is ranked 403! It's a big step up today against a guy at home and in form and I think it will be too much for him. H2H is 2-0 to Melzer both straight sets on clay.

SportTennis
EventVolandri vs Portas
SelectionVolandri to win
Strength10/10
Date28/07/2006
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 1.50 (Back)
ReasoningClass difference here. Filippo Volandri is in great form right now + he loves playing Umag Tournament. Volandri already won against Gicquel and Ramirez-Hidalgo. Gicquel retired in second set and Hidalgo was beaten 4-6 7-6(4) 7-6(5). Before this tournament Volandri had quite bad run of results, but I believe he is getting only better and better now. On the other hand, Albreto Portas is only average player, he won against Ferrero in three and against Hernych also in three, 5-7 6-4 6-2. So, Volandri in-form against average Portas. Volandri's win for me.

SportTennis
EventAndre Agassi vs Fernando Gonzalez
SelectionFernando Gonzalez to win
Strength10/10
Date28/07/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.76 (Back)
ReasoningAndre Agassi is playing worse and worse, that's the fact. He has only 8-5 win/loss record this season. Agassi already was losing on hard this season against names like Garcia-Lopez, Phau, Haas and I don't rate Gonzalez worse than them. Still, he already struggled here against Bastl, won in three. Also, Fernando Gonzalez already won against Andre Agassi back in 2003 when Agassi was number one of world tennis, 6-3 4-6 6-7(5). On the other hand, Gonzalez has 27-14 this year, and thats much better than Agassi's record. Gonzalez already had nice performances in Indianapolis beating Spadea and Querry, but lost to very good Malisse. Here in Los Angeles he won against Marat Safin and Gilles Muller, both very good players. So, my stakes go to in-form player who should be much more stronger today.

SportTennis
EventRoddick vs Tursunov
SelectionTursunov to win
Strength10/10
Date29/07/2006
Bookmaker/PriceVC Bet @ 3.00 (Back)
ReasoningRoddick is of course more known name but he isn't such a big favoruite as the odds are showing! Dmitry Tursunov is great player on hard courts. He defeated Udomchoke and Querry. Roddick has injury which troubles him a lot: Top seed Andy Roddick had to overcome pain and fellow American Scott Oudesma before moving through to the Los Angeles quarter-finals with his 6-7 6-3 6-2 victory. Roddick suffered an abdominal strain playing a passing shot in the final set and now looks in doubt for the rest of the tournament.