Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. ..... first win of the new season today for the 3-0 system when Millwall overcame Cheltenham to open our account. Making the latest position now:-

Total Staked

Avg Stake

Total Returned

Yield

-14.85%

Winners

Losers

Strike Rate

50.00%

Current Bank

Profit / Loss

..... onwards and upwards. :ok

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment.

Bet no. 8: Lay Newcastle against West Ham @ 4,3 to win 10€ :clap (3-1 West Ham won) Bet no. 9: Lay Cheltenham against Millwall @ 5,6 to win 10€ :clap (Millwall won 2-0)
Good stuff. Starting bank: 200€ Total bets: 9 Winning bets: 9 Losing bets: 0 Strike rate: 100% Current bank: 299,75 Profit/Loss: +99,75

..... good stuff Martin. I think I would take the double chance at least £11.35 is better than nothing should it go down.You can always live to fight another day.;)
i have decided to have faith in my original bet, but reduce my losses to zero if it flops, rather than go for the half and half idea. i have placed a cover bet of £6.20 on spurs @ 1.81 to profit £5.02, so if spurs win i will be 2p in profit overall, and if wigan draw or win, my 4 fold wins and i will profit £19.90 overall. MW BET 2: celtic £5 @ 1.67 bfair (to profit £3.18 post comm)

i have decided to have faith in my original bet, but reduce my losses to zero if it flops, rather than go for the half and half idea. i have placed a cover bet of £6.20 on spurs @ 1.81 to profit £5.02, so if spurs win i will be 2p in profit overall, and if wigan draw or win, my 4 fold wins and i will profit £19.90 overall. MW BET 2: celtic £5 @ 1.67 bfair (to profit £3.18 post comm)
BOOM! celtic £5 @ 1.67 bfair :clap wigan (monday) to draw or win away from home :clap teams 4 wins 4 trebles 1/1 100% singles 1/1 100% staked £16.20 profit +£23.08 yield +142%

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. ...... OK another winner in the winners enclosure for the 3-0 system, making two on the trot, so I am hopeful of a lot more to follow. The latest position is now:-

Total Staked

Avg Stake

Total Returned

Yield

26.83%

Winners

Losers

Strike Rate

66.67%

Current Bank

Profit / Loss

Will be back later with the weekend's selections. Onwards and upwards.:ok

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. ...... not all Leagues fully operational yet as far as the 3-0 system goes, due to less than six matches played.This is what was thrown out in the mix for this weekend :- Reading (h) Leeds U (h) Scunthorpe U (h) Shrewsbury T (h) Stevenage B (h) All odds to follow later. Hoping these will do the biz.:ok

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. Ok folks, I'm going to do an Under 2.5 goals system, the criteria for selection of matches to bet on being that the Michael Wray predicted score for the game must have one goal or fewer total goals (0-0,1-0,0-1). Teams must have played eight games before the games they are involved in become eligible, so at present only the conference games are in. Level stakes of 10 pts per bet from a starting bank of 100 pts, paper trailing for first 70 bets when, if the yield is 4% or more I'll start using real cash. First seven games have produced results below, the prices of which came from Betbrains data's Average price (rather than maximum) for the Under 2.5 market, so returns may have been slightly higher in reality. In future I'll strive to get prices and put them and predictions up before the event. Sorry about the table but I don't know how to do those nice white excel tables like Merlin and others on this forum, any pointers to what you do? Good luck all and to me too!

Starting Bank 100.00
Current Stake 10.00
Bets so far 7
Winners 4
Losers 3
Strike Rate 57%
Average price 1.83
Total Stakes 70.00
Total Returns 75.40
Yield % 7.7%
Profit/-Loss 5.40
ROCE % 5.4%

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. Hi there fella, Welcome to the thread and hope that your chosen line is successful.Send me your e-mail address and I will e-mail you a spreadsheet that will do most of the calculations for you, if you are interested. Cheers. Merlin ;)

Hi there fella' date= Welcome to the thread and hope that your chosen line is successful.Send me your e-mail address and I will e-mail you a spreadsheet that will do most of the calculations for you, if you are interested. Cheers. Merlin ;)
Merlin mate, I've been posting to this thread for a few weeks and you've welcomed me a couple of times before, you kind fellow;) I've a the sheet to do all the calculations along with keeping a record of the MW predictions as his sheets don't seem to do this. Excel is an awsome app, can be tricky working out the functions and formulas to use for interrogating the data in the way you want it, but there do seem to be plenty of resources out there, MrExcel website being one I've found. I was just wondering how you got your table to appear as it does, I'm sure if I google it I'll work it out soon enough. I can send you my Predictions sheet if you want to have a looksee. I may also do the Unders based on 0-0 only selections, they might produce a higher yield but with less selections maybe a lower return on capital over the year. One to think about. I went off the simple idea of doing the draws, another one to consider if someone else fancies it. anyway I'm rambling now, catch you later Ed

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. ..... a thousand pardons for the numerous welcomes young fella, just goes to show how really welcome you are!;) The spreadsheet you have, did you get a copy from me? If so look at the section I have in the thread above and highlight the whole section in the excel sheet, then hit COPY, then back to the PL message board and hit PASTE. You can then do any edits to it prior to posting the lot to the message board.If you have any probs e-mail me at [email protected] :ok

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. After putting in last nights result in the Grays/Stevenage game the prediction changed in the Eastbourne/Kidderminster match to a draw, thus making Kidderminster a NON -SELECTION......Sorry :$ for putting this selection up without all matches being complete for the week.....wont do it again :spank... :spank promise ;).....Probably win though :lol

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. As an ex-contributor, it's great to see this thread is still going strong.... and making positive yields....... but, I have to say it's getting a bit confusing with all the different systems based on the same "prediction model" i.e. Michael Wray. How's about separating the different approaches on independent threads.... just to make it easier for us "mouldie oldies" ;)

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. Some picks for 'lay 3 goal loser' system. Bet nr 10: LAY Yeovil against Scunthorpe @ 6,2 to win 10 :hope Bet nr 11: LAY Swensea against Reading @ 5,3 to win 10 :hope Bet nr 12: LAY Mgladbach against Hamburger @ 9,4 to win 10 :hope Bet nr 13: LAY Hoffenheim against Werder @ 8,2 to win 10 :hope Bet nr 14: LAY Gjion against Villarreal @ 6,6 to win 10 :hope -edit- Don't know why my font went crazy :D But can't change it back, too.

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. ..... Hi Grex, good to see you pop in for a chat.The systems you mention are not that confusing really, it's just different punters interpretations of trying to glean something out of Michael's user friendly sheets.You know yourself as an ex participant of such systems, that there is always something to be monitored and examined as part of an ongoing process, and I am always open to those who bring a constructive view to the thread, be it by way of comment or system, and great to see each and every avenue explored.Good luck with your endeavours also.;)

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. ....... results of the 3-0 system so far this weekend:- Reading (h) WON 4-0 Leeds U (h) WON 1-0 Scunthorpe U (h) WON 2-0 Shrewsbury T (h) WON 2-0 Stevenage B (h) DRAW 3-3 So 4 correct from 5 with one to come.Here's hoping for a full house! ;)

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. ..... so it was not to be, Stevenage Borough could only draw against York City to deprive us of a full house.If I could have taken 4 out of 5 correct at the start, I would have been more than content.So have to be happy with this. Latest position is now:-

Total Staked

Avg Stake

Total Returned

Yield

34.97%

Winners

Losers

Strike Rate

75.00%

Current Bank

Profit / Loss

No selections for Tuesday night's matches under the 3-0 system. Back mid week for next Saturday's selections.;)

Some picks for 'lay 3 goal loser' system. Bet nr 10: LAY Yeovil against Scunthorpe @ 6,2 to win 10 :clap (Scunthorpe won 2-0) Bet nr 11: LAY Swensea against Reading @ 5,3 to win 10 :clap (Reading won 4-0) Bet nr 12: LAY Mgladbach against Hamburger @ 9,4 to win 10 :clap (Hamburg won 1-0) Bet nr 13: LAY Hoffenheim against Werder @ 8,2 to win 10 :clap (Werder won 5-4) Bet nr 14: LAY Gjion against Villarreal @ 6,6 to win 10 :clap (Villarreal won 1-0)
It's all good :ok Starting bank: 200€ Total bets: 14 Winning bets: 14 Losing bets: 0 Strike rate: 100% Current bank: 347,25€ Profit/Loss: +147,25€

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. Also, an interesting observation, I've just entered up the weekends premiership scores and the Arsenal game came up as a 3-0 against Hull because of the earlier results (I guess the Blackburn away win at Newcastle added to the Arsenal's strength rating cos Arsenal had beaten Blackburn well the a couple of weeks before). So a spot of luck avoiding that one Merlin, plus in a real life situation it seems pretty impractical to expect someone to be sitting around all day as the results come in entering them up in the sheets to catch every possible tiny fluctuation in predictions on a few late games. Plus I've noticed that as more games a played single results have less effect on the predictions as the form builds up, if you get my meaning. And of course I've just realised that it's irrelevant anyway cos the PL have only played 5 games before then (6 now).