Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. Evening all :ok, a pick for the +2's on Thursday night live game in the Blue Square Conference is Rushden & Diamonds @ 1.85. Now i've watched both of the teams this season & i'm confident that this away will come in :ok:ok:beer

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. Hi Muppet77, I'm covering away wins from the sheets, the +2's are what they say, 2 goal difference, Norms are just away wins on the sheets....but as there were so many bets over a weekend peroid sometimes 18-20 i (with merlins suggestions) started to use the racing & football outlooks ratings which now narrows the bets down to around 5 per weekend. I use the RFO home/ away ratings for both of the systems using all five leagues in England + the Spanish,Italian & German ones....hope this helps...

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment.

Evening all :ok, a pick for the +2's on Thursday night live game in the Blue Square Conference is Rushden & Diamonds @ 1.85. Now i've watched both of the teams this season & i'm confident that this away will come in :ok:ok:beer
20 mins to go, 4 quick goals fron R&D means the +2's get off to a winning start....:clap:clap:beer:beer

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. One pick for the Norms Histon @ 2.7 GL to you Merlin I will be following as usual,GL as always to Barrheed as well, going to be away for the next weekends (20th) picks, but normal service will be resumed for the 27th Sept... cheers all....

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. Merlin, did you do the Conference games, Crawley Town - Grays Athletic on 2nd September and Mansfield - Eastbourne Borough on the 6th September, both of which according to my record were 3-0s (3-0 and 4-1 predictions respectively) and both came out winners? I rather stupidly missed these at the time as I didn't realise how far ahead of the other leagues in terms of games played the conference were. The conference stats are quite interesting with 16 correct predictions from 97 on the correct scores (16.5% strike rate) up to last week, including as you say those two nice ones last week, one of which was a 3-2, normally the correct predictions are your 0-0s, 1-0s, 1-1s, 0-1s and 2-1s, I don't know if there's much liquidity and availability of decent prices in the conference on cs betting but I'll have a look, plus I don't want to read to much into what's a fairly smalll sample at the mo.

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. Hi there fella. No Conference, or for that matter any games covered prior to this week due to the few number of games played to date.Those two games I did remark on were from an interest point of view only as they were both spot on as far as the scores went. Saturday we kicked off with a loser when Burton Albion could only manage a draw with Weymouth, so 0 from 1 currently.There should be selections this week as the Championship play Tuesday and that brings it up to six when I usually start in ernest,so hoping for some good results.;)

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. Merlin, the reason I mentioned those two 3-0s above was that they came after your six game threshold had been reached, the Conference having played many more than the higher leagues. I might try and track the draws or some flavour of the draw predictions this season, anyone got any ideas of a refinement of draw selections as there may well be too many to realistically wager on all of them? Also here's some of the basic stats so far from my records of the predictions and their corresponding actual results. I'm going to try to develop things a bit further and extrapolate more things from the predictions but my Excel abilities are limited and my approach a bit Heath Robinson at the mo. The real fun would begin if I could include price information into the analysis but this is beyond me for now, something to aim for I guess.

All 5 English Leagues
Total Matches 338
Total Goals 918 2.72 per game
Total Predicted Goals 825 2.44 per game
Home Wins 155 46%
Drawn Matches 82 24%
Away Wins 101 30%
Correct Score Pred % 10.1% 34 from 338
Accuracy
Overall 1X2 Prediction % 39.1% 132 from 338
Home Prediction % 49.7% 76 from 153
Draw Prediction % 30.9% 25 from 81
Away Prediction % 29.8% 31 from 104
O/U 2.5 Prediction % 47.9% 162 from 338
Over 2.5 Prediction % 46.8% 65 from 139
Under 2.5 Prediction % 48.7% 97 from 199

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. Today we have 2 games for 'Lay 3 goal losers': Bet no. 5: Lay Crystal Palace against Wolverhampton @ 5,7 to win 20 :hope Bet no. 6: Lay Nottingham F. against Preston North End @ 5,1 to win 10 :hope -edit- I decided to include English lower leagues also ;) Since Crystal has a poor form and a lot of players are injured while home team is in a great shape I put 20 on Wolves instead.

Bet no. 5: Lay Crystal Palace against Wolverhampton @ 5,7 to win 20 :clap (Wolves won 2-1) Bet no. 6: Lay Nottingham F. against Preston North End @ 5,1 to win 10 :clap (PNE won 2-1)
100% so far :P Starting bank: 200€ Total bets: 6 Winning bets: 6 Losing bets: 0 Strike rate: 100% Current bank: 261,75 Profit/Loss: +61,75

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. ...... well done Lorenzo, a great set of results and 100% so far. Keep up the good work and hope to see many more.:ok Both of these were early 3-0 forecasts but did not qualify due to lack of matches played.

One pick today: Bet no. 7: Lay Hannover against Leverkusen @ 6,2 to win 20 :clap (Leverkusen won 4-0)
Exactly like the spreadsheets said: 4-0. Starting bank: 200€ Total bets: 7 Winning bets: 7 Losing bets: 0 Strike rate: 100% Current bank: 80,75 Profit/Loss: +80,75 Tomorrow there are several pick, but it's late and I will go to bed. Post pick tomorrow.

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. thanks merlin. using part of the MW sheets i have an idea that may produce a small yield. his away teams look good, using my backtesting. in a 4 fold, cardiff leicester forfar wigan (monday) to all draw or win away from home. with bwin odds of 6.22. so a £5 bet profits £26.10

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. barrhead73, what's your criteria for selecting your Unders Picks. I've been thinking of doing Unders for matches predicted to have one goal or less (0-0, 1-0. 0-1). I had also thought of doing plain old draws but this would produce too many selections to be viable. I'm going to wait until eight games have been played so only the conference is in play at the moment and todays picks on the Unders based on goal or less per game would be, just paper trailing at the mo, and I'll try to get price data later from bet brain

Ebbsfleet United Woking
Oxford United Crawley Town
York City Salisbury City

thanks merlin. using part of the MW sheets i have an idea that may produce a small yield. his away teams look good, using my backtesting. in a 4 fold, cardiff leicester forfar wigan (monday) to all draw or win away from home. with bwin odds of 6.22. so a £5 bet profits £26.10
cardiff :clap leicester :clap forfar :clap wigan (monday) PENDING BOOM! ok, a good start, but what do i do? i could back spurs to beat wigan and land a £11.35 profit either way from an initial £5 bet, or i can let the treble ride out and try to make a profit of £26.10. any advice?