** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

ATP Amersfoort/Indianapolis/Stuttgart 17th-23rd July

Re: ATP Amersfoort/Indianapolis/Stuttgart 17th-23rd July

SportTennis
EventATP Stuttgart
SelectionFERRER v Wawrinka
Strength10/10
Date20/07/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.59 (Back)
ReasoningI think this is a very solid price on Ferrer. Wawrinka has had big struggles so far against Dlouhy and Phau and this is definately a step up. Ferrer looked pretty good knocking over Novak (who has started to show some game and had a 3-0 H2H) and with Almagro out of his part of the draw I think Ferrer is set for a good run. Wawrinkas needs to be hitting the ball really cleanly otherwise he'll just make too many errors. H2H is a surprising 2-1 to Wawrinka with the 2 wins this year including 1 on clay - but at the time Ferrer was struggling with a shoulder injury and I think this is a great chance for revenge.
SportTennis
EventATP Stuttgart
SelectionACASUSO v Gruel
Strength10/10
Date20/07/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.41 (Back)
ReasoningAcauso was having a bit of a nightmare at the end of the clay court season so he totally mssed the grass and is now looking toget back on track. Bit dodgy last week but a decent win over Seppi in the first round here I think he can get further. He's up against Gruel who has had two tough matches against pretty poor opposition (Schuettler and Youzhny both in shocking form). I think Acasuso has the shots to really hurt him and this should be pretty straightforward. Also Acasuso beat Gruel very easily in Germany on clay at Hamburg earlier this year.
SportTennis
EventATP Stuttgart
SelectionDEL POTRO v Mayer
Strength10/10
Date20/07/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.92 (Back)
ReasoningThe Argentines have really big hopes for del Potro and he's beginning to show why. Come through qualifying easily and has got a couple of very decent wins against Pavel and Chela. I'm backing him to keep this roll going and really show what he can do. Mayer is decent enough, but he hasn't got his game together at all this year and is always liable to put in a shocking performance.
thanks put a few quid on each of these on betfair thanks

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SportTennis
EventATP Indianpolis
SelectionSRICHAPHAN v Goldstein
Strength10/10
Date20/07/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.53 (Back)
ReasoningSrichaphan has had a poor year but he's got a decent record here and a good chance to get back on track. Picked up a solid win against Arthurs in his first match and I think he can pick up from there. Nice 4-0 H2H here all played on hard courts in the USA. Goldstein has been on a very poor run recently and beating Sabau (easily) doesn't convince me that he's playing well again. Also Srichaphan is blogging for the ATP this week and the guys that have done that have done pretty well this year :). £619 available.
SportTennis
EventATP Indianpolis
SelectionTURSUNOV v Malisse
Strength10/10
Date20/07/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.80 (Back)
ReasoningI opposed Malisse in the last round and I'm willing to do it again. He got the win but still he's got a very poor record this year and he hasn't won 2 matches in a tournament since Indian Wells in March. Tursunov struggled a bit against Becker in his first match but the young German is a very tough opponent and I think Tursunov can step up after getting lucky in that one. H2H is 1-0 to Malisse at the US Open in 2003 but that was back when Tursunov was still having chronic back problems.

Re: ATP Amersfoort/Indianapolis/Stuttgart 17th-23rd July yup just looked and found that nice one lets hope the others come of so ar the picks i have had money on in this thread have all come of so thanks once again made me a few pounds last couple o days due to me aiming to build my bank up.

SportTennis
EventATP Stuttgart
SelectionDEL POTRO v Mayer
Strength10/10
Date20/07/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.92 (Back)
ReasoningThe Argentines have really big hopes for del Potro and he's beginning to show why. Come through qualifying easily and has got a couple of very decent wins against Pavel and Chela. I'm backing him to keep this roll going and really show what he can do. Mayer is decent enough, but he hasn't got his game together at all this year and is always liable to put in a shocking performance.
Something funny going on here. Mayer dropped to 1.60 just before the match and then under 1.2 after breaking in the 2nd game, that's seriously low. Now he's about to take the first set 6-1 and a retirement from del Potro wouldn't be surprising:hope

Re: ATP Amersfoort/Indianapolis/Stuttgart 17th-23rd July He MUST be injured. He's serving at 78% for the match and still getting killed. If it was a fix they'd never be so blatant about it. I've never seen a hammering like this. (I'm on him too by the way, just so you don't think I'm trying to rub your face in it or anything)

He MUST be injured. He's serving at 78% for the match and still getting killed. If it was a fix they'd never be so blatant about it. I've never seen a hammering like this. (I'm on him too by the way, just so you don't think I'm trying to rub your face in it or anything)
Injured and/or fixed. He won 8 points in the second set serving at 82% and with Mayer serving at 40%:wall :wall :wall

Sport Tennis
EventATP Amerfoort
SelectionCORIA v Calleri
Strength10/10
Date21/07/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.41 (Back)
ReasoningThis may end up looking silly, but I think Coria can get the job done here. He's starting his comeback and has looked shaky so far. He's still not winning much behind his second serve but the matches will help and he could start hitting a bit of form. Calleri, I don't really like. Whenever I see him play I think he's very average and I'm surprised he's done aswell in the game as he has. Had massive problems against Bracciali before the Italian fell away and lost easily in the doubles today so doesn't seem to be playing too well. H2H is 3-2 to Calleri but 2-1 to Coria on the tour, and I think Coria can get it done this time.
SportTennis
EventATP Stuttgart
SelectionHORNA v Monaco
Strength10/10
Date21/07/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.72 (Back)
ReasoningBoth these guys have ha big struggles to get this far but I just feel that Horna is playing better stuff. I never final Monaco at the business end of the tournament and playing his first week since the French I think his time is done. Horna generally has a bigger game and should have the advantage in this one. H2H is 2-0 to Horna both easy wins on clay.
I'm going to keep the action on Massu and hope he can get the job done:hope

C. Moya vs N. Massu
Today, 14:30 Tennis - ATP
Pick: N. Massu Stake: 5/10 Odds: 2.08 Bookmaker: Pinnacle A game between two good clay players. Massu's record this year on clay 23-11, Moya's 11-8. They already met this year at Argentina and Moya won in 3 sets: 4-6,6-3,7-6 (4).Moya won that tournament. Right after that loss Massu won tournament at Brazil. I think Massu right now have better chances to be in 1/2 here. It's Moya's poorest year (in 5 last) and Massu's best so far. I'll take Massu - 1/2 unit
This and more at http://40stages4onemil.blogabet.com/

Re: ATP Amersfoort/Indianapolis/Stuttgart 17th-23rd July Blimey, almost forgot about the HUGE Davis Cup tie starting in 90 minutes:lol. A patriotic play I'll admit but I've been tearing it up in the DC this year and I want some more action before September:

SportTennis
EventDavis Cup
SelectionBOGDANOVIC v Okun
Strength10/10
Date21/07/2006
Bookmaker/Price>William Hill @ 1.66 (Back)
ReasoningNot sure what's happened to Okun this year; for the past couple of years he's been pretty solid on the tour but this year he's really gone backwards are one played one tour event. So all challengers for him and he's been terrible, only winning consecutive matches once which is shocking. Also he's only played 2 tournaments since the middle of May so I have to assume his fitness isn't 100%. He beat Boggy last year in straight sets in Isreal but I think this is a great chance for Boggy to get revenge. On grass he looked decent, pushing Tursunov and Mirnyi before Wimbledon then against Nadal at Wimbledon he did OK and really should have had a set then won a couple of rounds in Newport so he's playing pretty well. I don't really like him as a player but Okun has been so poor lately and with home support on grass I think he's got a great shot at getting a good win.

SportTennis
EventATP Stuttgart
SelectionHORNA v Monaco
Strength10/10
Date21/07/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.72 (Back)
ReasoningBoth these guys have ha big struggles to get this far but I just feel that Horna is playing better stuff. I never final Monaco at the business end of the tournament and playing his first week since the French I think his time is done. Horna generally has a bigger game and should have the advantage in this one. H2H is 2-0 to Horna both easy wins on clay.
Mmm, a void to start the day:zzz :zzz

Re: ATP Amersfoort/Indianapolis/Stuttgart 17th-23rd July Internazionale Femminili di Palermo - Quarter Final Matches

Julia SchruffVTathiana Garbin
Karin KnappVAnabel M. Garrigues
M.J.M SanchezVLucie Safarova
Aravane RezaiVRoberta Vinci
J Schruff - 11/8 - 7.5 pts M Sanchez - 7/4 - 5 pts A Rezai - 4/7 - 10 pts K Knapp - 10/3 - 5 pts

C. Moya vs N. Massu
Today, 14:30 Tennis - ATP
Pick: N. Massu Stake: 5/10 Odds: 2.08 Bookmaker: Pinnacle A game between two good clay players. Massu's record this year on clay 23-11, Moya's 11-8. They already met this year at Argentina and Moya won in 3 sets: 4-6,6-3,7-6 (4).Moya won that tournament. Right after that loss Massu won tournament at Brazil. I think Massu right now have better chances to be in 1/2 here. It's Moya's poorest year (in 5 last) and Massu's best so far. I'll take Massu - 1/2 unit
This and more at http://40stages4onemil.blogabet.com/
Nice one mate:ok. Very happy to see him in the semis:nana :nana Now it's Coria time, come on, make my day:loon :loon

Re: ATP Amersfoort/Indianapolis/Stuttgart 17th-23rd July Boggy has been awful so far:$ :$ :$

SportTennis
EventATP Indianapolis
SelectionGONZALEZ v Malisse
Strength10/10
Date21/07/2006
Bookmaker/PriceVC Bet @ 1.66 (Back)
ReasoningMmm, I've opposed Malisse twice now and he's still in the tournament which isn't good. However, I'm willing to do it for a third time as I'm still not convinced. Tursunov totally chucked the match in the 3rd set and I think Gonzalez has a better game to take him on with. Gonzalez has had two good wins so far over an in-form Querrey and Spadea both in straight sets which is good (especially the struggles big names have been having here!). I think Gonzo is looking pretty good and should be too strong here.
SportTennis
EventATP Indianapolis
SelectionGINEPRI v Srichaphan
Strength10/10
Date21/07/2006
Bookmaker/PriceSportingodds @ 1.72 (Back)
ReasoningI think Ginepri is starting to get himself together this week, just as he did last year. Yesterday he took care of Kunitsyn and I know he dropped the second set on a breaker but the other two were comfortable. Srichaphan, on the other hand, I'm not too sure about. Now he's had two really tight matches against opposition he should be beating and I think he's struggling. His form has been very poor this year apart from a run in Indian Wells were he did extremely well and made the semis. H2H is 3-1 to Ginepri with Srichaphan only win coming this year at the aforementioned Indian Wells tournament.

SportTennis
EventATP Indianapolis
SelectionMULLER v Roddick
Strength10/10
Date21/07/2006
Bookmaker/Price>William Hill @ 4.33 (Back)
ReasoningIs Roddick playing well yet? I'm not sure and the form he's shown this year there's no way the prices should be like this. Muller beat his last year at the US Open and mentally that should really help. Muller has also been struggling recently however so far in this tournament he's won 6-2 6-3 and 6-1 6-2 so he looks to be hitting form. If Mullers big lefty serve is working then I really don't see Roddick breaking him at all and if it's going to be close then you have to take the big price.
Sport Tennis
EventATP Indianapolis
SelectionRODDICK 2-1 v Muller
Strength10/10
Date21/07/2006
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ 4.50 (Back)
ReasoningI think this is an inflated price on it's own but it's definately worth it if you're backing Roddick. I've already said I expect this to be close, and I like this as cover incase Roddick manages to get it done. The big guns have been dropping a lot of sets this week and I really don't think Roddick can come through 2-0.
Sport Tennis
EventATP Indianapolis
SelectionBLAKE outright
Strength10/10
Date23/07/2006
Bookmaker/PriceSkybet @ 3.00 (Back)
ReasoningAt the start of the week I was talking about the really tough draw Blake had but it simply hasn't materialised. He's come through alright despite dropping a set to Whitehouse (but tht guy has been on fire!) and I think he can inprove as the tournament goes on. Next he plays Mahut who got a great win against Haas but I expected a letdown after that and Blake should come through. The semi would be against Gonzalez or Malisse which could be pretty tough but in the US I'd expect Blake to come through. In the other half Roddick is the heavy favourite but I've already mentioned I think he'll have a really tough time against Muller and a semi against Ginepri or Srichaphan would be really tough. I don't fancy Roddick to make it through that and against any of the other guys Blake would be a heavy favourite in the final which makes this price appeal.

Shocking start for Boggy yes Mr I. Looks like it's going to end up all on Scotland's finests shoulders! Nice pick on Massu to those who backed him.
There's a realistic chance we could lose this now:$ :$. Needs 2 wins from Murray and the doubles which could be pretty tight. After that performance today would you fancy Boggy in a deciding rubber against anyone?:puke

Re: ATP Amersfoort/Indianapolis/Stuttgart 17th-23rd July This is absolutely shocking from Murray, he's done nothing well so far and is now 2 sets down. He might even be playing worse than Boggy:eek :eek - only difference is he actually has the game to come back. Remember, Ram is not a singles player, he only plays doubles. Truly shocking from Great Britain. But conversely, it would be fairly impressive if he managed to comeback and win:lol :lol

But conversely, it would be fairly impressive if he managed to comeback and win:lol :lol
Yep, fairly impressive. Ram really fading towards the end, looked knackered. Quite fancied backing Isreal for the doubles, not too sure now, it's going to be a big test for him to get back up:unsure

Re: ATP Amersfoort/Indianapolis/Stuttgart 17th-23rd July Can't believe Murray pulled that one back! 2-0 he looked dead and buried. Why for fcuks sake did he start like a knackered old man. He needs to buck up his ideas and the sooner Brad Gilberts gets his claws into him the better for him and British tennis.

Can't believe Murray pulled that one back! 2-0 he looked dead and buried. Why for fcuks sake did he start like a knackered old man. He needs to buck up his ideas and the sooner Brad Gilberts gets his claws into him the better for him and British tennis.
Did you see when Ram was getting treatment? Murray said he was injured and wanted some too - he was asked what his injury was and smiled and turned away. I wish they had let the Isreal physio have a go on him:lol (did you see the size of that guy!). I thought last year that his attitude was a little immature but it could be expected given the hype around him and his "newness" on the tour - now I realise he's a spoilt tosser. Even got the LTA paying for Gilbert:eyes - hope he's up Murrays arse 24/7 and shows him how to use some of the machines in a gym;). A disgrace to Scotland and unfortunately British Tennis.