** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Royal Ascot - Wheres The Racing??

Re: Royal Ascot - Wheres The Racing?? shocking day in the Silver Ring. All facilities now mobile felt like a car boot sale at best toilets all in one place so you have to walk 500yds to get there from some bars beer at £3.60 a bottle (nice & cold though) limited tote facility - & poorly staffed queueing system to get in ridiculous limited big screens to watch no stand facility at all, just grass & a grassy bank (if it rained, that would be dangerous!) Ive been going for 14 years now, but everyone said they would rather go to Sandown than come back to the silver ring. Think they may lose some attendance next year.

Re: Royal Ascot - Wheres The Racing?? I`ve been to most of the big meetings including Royal Ascot and quite frankly I`d prefer a cold afternoon at Worcester in January to any of the major meetings. The Cheltenham Festival is still just about the only thing that gets my juices flowing but I`ve found my enthusiasm for that is steadily decreasing.

Re: Royal Ascot - Wheres The Racing?? I prefer an evening meeting at Ponty or Ripon to a big meeting. They don't look after the genuine punters, all the posh sods are catered for instead. There are different types of people go racing, those that love horse racing and betting and those who want to look good and drink all day, plus your usual stag and hen do's. Annoying as hell when your trying to get a price as the odds tumble but some drunken prick in front of you is getting his pound on the favourite and you miss the price, happened to me last Saturday at York. Doesn't seem like you were too impressed at Ascot Bowles. I once read an article by Nick Mordin saying how the genuine punters were sneered at during the royal meeting and it was all prawn sandwich and pimms brigade.