** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

What A Treble!

I've just walked in from the bookies and fooking hell, what an experience! I know there is no room for after eventing but check out this story. I went into Betfred in Blackburn approx 5.40 and a young lad of around 21 was there looking pretty nervous. After the last race at Ascot, he almost fainted......he had backed the last 3 winners in a £2.50 ew treble, at 7/2, 25/1, 33/1.:D Fair play to the kid.....I just hope he spends the winnings wisely (I make it out to be approx £10k.

Re: What A Treble! I love stories like that. I went into my local tote when Cheltenham was on and saw a crowd round the electronic roulette. Some bloke had got up to £2500 and collected. He was then tipped Hot Weld by a bloke in there and put £50 ew at 33-1 and got around £2100 back. He gave the fella who tipped him it about hundred quid and walked out with over 4 grand in his pocket. Fcuking unbelievable, i wouldn't dare put 50ew on a 33 shot.

Re: What A Treble!

Bowles, This Betfred shop is quite posh.....they wouldn't let Carl in there :lol It was just some guy whose usual bet is £2 win. He must have been feelin lucky to invest a whole £5
thats quality though isnt, a fella at work won £12k at xmas for his usual 20p lucky 15 !!!! 4 winners all at big prices. lets hope he spends it on the right things.......... Birds & Booze:ok

Re: What A Treble!

Bowles, This Betfred shop is quite posh.....they wouldn't let Carl in there :lol It was just some guy whose usual bet is £2 win. He must have been feelin lucky to invest a whole £5
Thats not after eventing mate. Thats just giving us a nice story for a young kid.. Lets hope he does good with it.:hope And why not give us a call so we could all get on the last @ 33's:rollin

Re: What A Treble! Great story that Russ :) Not quite the same but the bloke who sits next to me at work had a tenner on Ronaldo Golden Boot winner at 90.0 on betfair earlier this week - yes 90.0 on Ronaldo :eek I text him after the game but he hasnt replied yet :lol

Re: What A Treble! Funny you should post such a story. A regular in a few of our local shops came in today. He only bets on virtual races and keeps notes on them all.(Sounds mad I know) He had two £10 ew bets in the same race. Both placed, one at 33/1, the other at 20/1. He collected the winnings from another shop(my old shop) and placed a £10 ew treble on 3 more virtual races. Later on we got a call from the shop manager having a bit of a panic. The first two had won at 25/1 and 33/1. So far it had accumulated £7500. The last horse was another 33/1 shot. If it placed he'd win £5500. If it won he stood to collect £247,000!! It was being talked about by the commentators over the shop speakers. Unfortunatly the thing didnt even place but I bet the guy was well tense. Also makes you wonder, getting results like that , was he just lucky or is there something to this virtual stuff. He's had good winners on it before and its all he backs. He doesnt back loads of races either. Maybe just one or two a day usually.