** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

two random hands from the $109 - weak play from me HU

robilaruk

How weak was this by me? Damo -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hand #339145060 at table: 5 Player $100 NL Started: Thu Jun 22 <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />15:12:19 2006 <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

alvaroadv is at seat 1 with 850.00 hero is at seat 3 with 8850.00

alvaroadv posts the large blind 300.00

alvaroadv: --, -- hero: 2c, Qd

Pre-flop:

hero: Fold

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hand #339145179 at table: 5 Player $100 NL Started: Thu Jun 22 15:12:27 2006

alvaroadv is at seat 1 with 1000.00 hero is at seat 3 with 8550.00

hero posts the large blind 300.00 alvaroadv posts the small blind 150.00

hero: 2h, 2d alvaroadv: --, --

Pre-flop:

alvaroadv: All in hero: Fold

Re: two random hands from the $109 - weak play from me HU Wow - I'm amazed!!!!! Can you explain some of your reasoning for passing these two hands? For me they are absolute no-brainer all ins!!! Ok - hand 1, you didn't post a Small blind? Would assume you had no fold equity (he'd call with anything!!) Your hand is 47.3%, so you actually didn't quite have the odds to go all in, however I still wouldn't have been able to resist!!! Hand 2 - you did have the odds - (50.3% against random hand and it would have cost you 42% of the final pot) I would have gone all in on both - ok lose and you double him up - but by folding both, he's not far off doubled up from his starting point anyway......

Re: two random hands from the $109 - weak play from me HU First one is a definite all-in, average starting hand HU is jack high and you have folding equity too. Second one depends on your opponent, you have a coinflip at best and possibly worse so if you believe you have +EV as an aggressor subsequently there's nothing wrong with the fold...

Re: two random hands from the $109 - weak play from me HU simple he is shoving any two, do I want to double him up on random coin flips? no, I want to win, so let him a have a couple of free blinds and let me choose the hand to play at him with. plus once he has built his stack up to 2K (if I keep folding) he is less inclined to shove any two - i know that sounds perverse but it works, if folks are desperate they will call/shove any two, if they believe they can fold a blind and still be OK they will do so, and in my experience that figure is around the 2-2.5K figure. I was going to beat him, that I knew, and here is the hand :) (I folded the next hand, my SB, and he shoved the hand after for another 1600 chips) Damo :cheers ps oh yes - I got a slagging off on 2+2 as well for this - but I am slowly moving away from calling/shoving any 2 HU. As Action Dan said - you always make the most money by playing opposite to what everyone else is:ok ********************************** Hand #339145574 at table: 5 Player $100 NL Started: Thu Jun 22 2006

alvaroadv is at seat 1 with 1450.00 hero is at seat 3 with 8100.00

hero posts the large blind 300.00 alvaroadv posts the small blind 150.00

hero: 7s, Ad alvaroadv: --, --

Pre-flop:

alvaroadv: All in hero: Call 1600.00

Showdown:

alvaroadv shows: 4h, Qc (high card, Queen) hero shows: 7s, Ad (high card, Ace)

Flop (Board: 6d, 8d, 2s):

Turn (Board: 6d, 8d, 2s, 5h):

River (Board: 6d, 8d, 2s, 5h, 10d):

Mainpot: hero wins the pot of 3200 with high card, Ace

Wow - I'm amazed!!!!! Can you explain some of your reasoning for passing these two hands? For me they are absolute no-brainer all ins!!! Ok - hand 1, you didn't post a Small blind? Would assume you had no fold equity (he'd call with anything!!) Your hand is 47.3%, so you actually didn't quite have the odds to go all in, however I still wouldn't have been able to resist!!! Hand 2 - you did have the odds - (50.3% against random hand and it would have cost you 42% of the final pot) I would have gone all in on both - ok lose and you double him up - but by folding both, he's not far off doubled up from his starting point anyway......

Re: two random hands from the $109 - weak play from me HU

ps oh yes - I got a slagging off on 2+2 as well for this - but I am slowly moving away from calling/shoving any 2 HU.
Where do you post on 2+2 Damo, and what's your name on there? I'm a regular - but rarely make it out of SMP these days.

Re: two random hands from the $109 - weak play from me HU Damian UK I only post on the 1 table tourny threads Damo

Where do you post on 2+2 Damo' date=' and what's your name on there? I'm a regular - but rarely make it out of SMP these days.[/quote']