** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Tour de France - starts 1st July

Re: Tour de France - starts 1st July

just two bets on the tour for me, a lay of Landis @ 2.06, for a couple of reasons, one it's a crazy low price in a crowded field, two I have doubts about his fitness with his hip problems, wouldn't be surprised to see him break down if pushed hard in the mountains.
Well what do you know ? he was pushed hard in the mountains and couldn't take it, just as I thought. I laid him off at 2.06 and then some more @ 1.34. The tour has just become very profitble for me, whatever happens from here on in. :beer The mug rush towards favs on the exchanges in almost every sport continues, people see money in one direction and pile in, driving prices out of kilter. It'd be nice if Menchov had a great final day in the mountains and won the tour, but that's not really that important.:hope

Re: Tour de France - starts 1st July That's right, but I daresay a lot of us managed to square the position (I got matched @ 95, just too much money riding on that lay to take chances) and the price is just crazy yet again so thinking of laying a bit of Landis @ 1.28 which is available on the lay site;)

Don't follow the sport any other time of year but the Tour is always a good contest. I am thinking of backing the Dane Michael Rasmussen @ 6/4 with Ladbrokes to be King of the Mountains. He won this last year when he seemed about the only rider interested in winning the jersey. Is there any reason why it wont be the same this year?

Re: Tour de France - starts 1st July With Landis failing his drug test, I've lost what little faith I had in the honesty of this sport. Betfair should void all bet's on Landis, I've lost money here and feel I've been cheated. It's not right

With Landis failing his drug test, I've lost what little faith I had in the honesty of this sport. Betfair should void all bet's on Landis, I've lost money here and feel I've been cheated. It's not right
foolsgold I totally agree with you. I hope they give your money back. We have to wait for the second sample but if he fails that he will be kicked out....What I dont understand is why the heck do they wait until the end of the race. pantani got kicked out of the Giro in 1999 virtually the next day if not that same week. The whole sport of cycling is corrupt. if they had a drug policy like the International Olympic Organisation it would be cleaner....... Majid

• 2 weeks later...

With Landis failing his drug test, I've lost what little faith I had in the honesty of this sport. Betfair should void all bet's on Landis, I've lost money here and feel I've been cheated. It's not right
Sadly, fools, there is no way they would reverse the settlement - if you read the rules, you will have to agree - I have just translated a lot of rules and stuff for their Czech version and they always claim the bets are settled on the actual podium positions and standings as confimed by a ruling body - just after the race/tournament etc. - further changes will not be reflected at all. Might be you should have covered the bet by betting back at the enormous prices. Although I wonder why it took so long to proceed with the drug test when it was obvious after he collapsed in one stage and suddenly ran away with it just some hours after the collapse - probably they should have pushed the guys to proceed with the test as quickly as they could. It's a shame though and I myself can't see a way out of the dark in this sport, you just can't get even a drug free stage in cycling atm, ffs:spank:spank:spank - wonder what the sponsors (esp. Skoda)and TV companies (Eurosport) will say.

Sadly, fools, there is no way they would reverse the settlement - if you read the rules, you will have to agree - I have just translated a lot of rules and stuff for their Czech version and they always claim the bets are settled on the actual podium positions and standings as confimed by a ruling body - just after the race/tournament etc. - further changes will not be reflected at all. Might be you should have covered the bet by betting back at the enormous prices. Although I wonder why it took so long to proceed with the drug test when it was obvious after he collapsed in one stage and suddenly ran away with it just some hours after the collapse - probably they should have pushed the guys to proceed with the test as quickly as they could. It's a shame though and I myself can't see a way out of the dark in this sport, you just can't get even a drug free stage in cycling atm, ffs:spank:spank:spank - wonder what the sponsors (esp. Skoda)and TV companies (Eurosport) will say.
The UCI's drug policy totally sucks. All theses peopl,ecare about are sponsors....Sponsors want to see big names even if theya re pumped with drugs...NO offence to anybody who backed Oscar Pineiro but damn that aint a superstar name is it LOL