** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Golf European Tour - The Wales Open

Re: Golf European Tour - The Wales Open Ok guys its Wales this week, its a par 69 course so be careful when looking at past form as its looks better than it actually is. Jimenez defends his title and will be popular, i'm sure he'd sooner be over in the US with the rest of his big name buddies but Golfers love to defend titles. Anyway poor value for me. A couple of decent priced bets for me; Paul Lawrie Top GB/Ire Player 28/1 Stan James (1/4 1234) Won this in 2002 and shot 4 rounds in the 60's last year, had a short break and has been in contention the last 3 weeks, reaching his peak for this event knowing that a lot of the 'stars' are away in the US. Robert Karlsson Top European Player 12/1 PaddyPower (1/4 1234) Good finishes in 4 out of the last 5 weeks, a couple of bad shots at the wrong time cost him dear last week but returning to something like himself. Played well here before and looks primed for a lesser event like this sooner or later. BH

Re: Golf European Tour - The Wales Open Better put my picks down before I forget like last week! I too am expecting good things from Swedens Robert Karlsson. Hes been getting his game back in order of late with some decent scoring and some good tournaments. This isn't the strongest of fields that you'd expect in the UK on the European Tour and if he shows what hes been doing lately he can go close this week at a very decent price. Robert Karlsson 1pt each way @ 41.0 bet 365 1/4 odds 12345 Going with Monty here as well. As i have said its not the strongest of fields and its a course which should suit the Scot. On his day he's amongst the best in Europe and he has shown form last year although he hasnt played as well as he can this year. Nobodys expecting much from him following a slow start but the weak field and a short course should give him a chance. Colin Montgomorie 1pt each way @ 34 betfred 1/4 odds 12345 Top Welshman: 123 1/5 odds Stephen Dodd 2pts each way @ 7 bluesq. He did well over in Asia early in the year and will relish a return to Wales. His competition will be Bradley Dredge who rightly is the favourite but I prefer Dodd over Philip Price who has been dissapointing this season and as a result can run into a top3 place with Woosies mind being on the Ryder Cup.

Re: Golf European Tour - The Wales Open Well for me the best 1st day i've ever had I think. Karlsson shot a 61 to lie 1 shot behind the leader. Monty shot a 63 to lie 3 behind and is bang in contention. As for Stephen Dodd as top Welshman, hes shot a 66 and is joint with David Park with a few others a shot behind. For Graham he has Karlsson and as i said hes well in the mix and Paul Lawrie is bang in contention on -3.

Re: Golf European Tour - The Wales Open No danger David, wins by 3 after dropping shots at the 17th and 18th! Monty clawed his way back to finish 4th and Dodd finished top 3 Welsh player. Nice going mate, had maximum bet on Top Euro at 12/1 so not that miffed about missing the 40's as i would have won the same amount either way. Just need Pettersson at 14's in America for a nice Swedish double. As a side issue what was i saying last week about Howell being the worst Saturday player in history! He shot a 83 yesterday to put him out of the running- again!!

Re: Golf European Tour - The Wales Open Cheers Graham. My best weekend ever in golf and needless to say lots and lots up! I was starting to get worried when Karlsson's lead got cut to 3 shots but unless he was going to blow up late on he was nailed on. Good to see Monty back in form and getting some place money, I'll be on him again next time out me thinks.