** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Double your bank every month!!!

Re: Double your bank every month!!! I kind of agree with the above statement. Stake limits will certainly grind you to a stand still after a while Picking a winner sooner than you think is only a real issue if you're rolling up each bet. If you were simply placing normal bets you could still double your bank each month even with losers, itd just be harder. Id simply say that anyone attempting something along these lines should do so with a bank seperate to the rest of their betting and an amount they're prepared to lose. No harm in chasing a dream like some mentioned, especially if with an amount that wont hurt. Starting with just £50 would get you to £200,000 within a year if you could get the bets on.

Re: Double your bank every month!!! i'm intrigued by the idea of doubling the bank each month for a year but reeled a bit when i saw plans of betting the whole bank agains/for the draw - thats a bit too risky for me. I'd be more inclined to pick out certain bets through the month, but without the pressure of having to double it each month - if i've not done it by the end of the month, then aim for the end of the next month... I'll definitely give it a go with some spare cash but that'll be around the £5-£10 mark, not $500 :eek - good luck!

• 9 months later...

Re: Double your bank every month!!! i was thinking about this today and talking about it to anyone that was polite enough to listen. gonna have a go starting this weekend hopefully, and chuck a tenner into the pot and see where i go for interest. psilocybin - i notice you've not been around for a while, but when you return, have you had a go at this yourself yet? if so, how did you do? (or anyone else who had a go?)

Re: Double your bank every month!!! I play to a strategy myself and more than double my bank every month on average. You need a very stable strategy that's proven over time, and you also need 100% discipline. Treat it like your work and you'll know your treating it like work as it will at times become very tedious going. If you can adjust to the discipline and the fact you won't enjoy it all the time, then you have every chance of achieving your goal. Signature removed. Please email [email protected] for permission to add link and also make sure there is a ling back to PL please.

Re: Double your bank every month!!! I think that doubling the bank in a month is certainly possible, but I would be more inclined to take a high turnover approach. As someone has already mentioned, if you can multiply your bank by 1.2 times in a week then you will have more than doubled it in a month. If you can turn the bank over 4 or 5 times in the week then a 4-5% yield would be sufficient. This could be obtained by, say, 50 bets at 5% of bank, 60 bets at 4% of bank, recalculating probably weekly, or you could take a different approach and recalculate after each bet. Of course, it would require betting on several sports, and ensuring very good selections, but I'm sure there are a lot of good sources of bets around;). The problem would come in a bet week, what would you do? Would you increase the stakes as you would following a good week to catch up? Or keep the stakes as they should be for the bank you have left? Hopefully something to think about CvC:dude

Re: Double your bank every month!!!

Yeah' date=' it's amazing to think that you could be a millionaire in 11 months starting with a bank of $500 and doubling it every month. Actually, it works out at about 5% a day.[/quote'] If you start with 1p on the 1st of april and double it every day by the 28th of April you'd be a millionaire. Now thats amazing ;)

Re: Double your bank every month!!! Come on guys hitting 25 winners consecutively every month is a little far fetched u may as well do an all in campiagn for a month if u are that good.. which not many are.. But good luck it would be interesting to see what happens..

Re: Double your bank every month!!! Interesting thread and keen to see someone having a go - if you are accurate then of course its possible - would be interested to know of anyone who has correctly picked over 20 winners at prices above 1.20? I imagine the number is quite small.:unsure I've got to about 15 and then blown up just when I thought I'd got it nailed.........

Re: Double your bank every month!!! I think this is possible. You would have to use higher stakes than normal and you would probably need a bit more luck. It was previously mentioned that 4 successful bets of 1.2 in a month would double you're bank. Using more profitable odds and betting more regular would mean you would not have to bet your entire balance in one go. I'm going to have a stab at this, I know Aliando has started a thread on this but I'm now going to have a bash at it. :hope

Re: Double your bank every month!!! I have doubled my betting bank over 3 times over a 3 month period but I got unstuck and lost 60% of my new betting bank. That got m nervous and I abandoned it. Obviously when the betting bank is increasing so are the stakes and a bad month which will happen can wreck it all. If you consider having 2 bad months in a row would be very unluck just try doubling your betting bank restarting on the same betting banking and trying to double again. Just takes twice as long to be a millionaire :loon If only it was that simple.

Re: Double your bank every month!!!

I have doubled my betting bank over 3 times over a 3 month period but I got unstuck and lost 60% of my new betting bank. That got m nervous and I abandoned it. Obviously when the betting bank is increasing so are the stakes and a bad month which will happen can wreck it all. If you consider having 2 bad months in a row would be very unluck just try doubling your betting bank restarting on the same betting banking and trying to double again. Just takes twice as long to be a millionaire :loon If only it was that simple.
:lol it does sound so simple doesnt it! with my attempt, although its falling flat on its arse at the moment, i'll keep going until the bank has gone, just doubling whatever the monthly start is. If i do achieve adouble up in a month, then any extras can be siphoned off to hopefully at the least cover the intial starting stake. At least not all is ost when you hit that bad month/run. again it sounds really simple dont it! :rollin

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Double your bank every month!!! I think double the bank every month is not realistic. I have managed to make 30-50% each month for the past 5 months, using fixed percentage of bank staking. I make an average 1/2 bets per day and aim to win 7.5% of bank if selections wins. Doing pretty well, bank is now 450% of the initial one, but you need to be very selective and disciplined, if you aim for big profits you end up overstaking. This is not an easy game, but it is possible to win, if you are able to convince yourself that you will not become rich overnight and be very very patient. I also spent the good part of one year studying and finding trends, which didn't help my family life...

Re: Double your bank every month!!! Yes, it is possible. From Sept - Dec I increased my bank with nearly 500%. But as you said, you have to risk quite a lot of the bank so your selectons must be good. And so your heart. I don't bolive you can do it every month (jun-aug) as ex. but few months a year is enough to make you rich. Jtw1 had a great succsses with his sistem an he reached about 500%. I started a threat "Simple system by Sonix". We will see if I can double the bank this month. :hope :hope :hope '