CIN @ DET Robertson has been strong for the Tigers this year(4-2, 3.50). He found himself in trouble during his last two starts but managed to limit the damage, resulting in one win and one no decision. These two games have shown he can deliver when under pressure as well as when pitching his best stuff. Detroit are currently tied with CWS for the best record in the majors and are 8-2 in their last 10. Harang has been very up and down this season. A 5-2, 4.19 record is due to poor performances being balanced out by good ones. His ER record reads 6-5-0-5-0-3-1-4-3, just showing how inconsistent he's been. He does seem to save his best stuff though for when on his travels where his record is 3-1,1.26 ERA in 4 games. DET to win (-1.5) 2.43 @ Pinnacle

Re: Mlb 21/5 sometimes you get gifts get laid out for you. Todays cleveland -pittsburgh game is one of those Byrd has been terrible, maholm is very very average and the cleveland lineup with in my opinion take him apart. Over 10 @1.93 is asking to be taken. Meanwhile, back in washington.Two more pitchers with era problems this year-Bruce Chen (does not have great stuff, and his usual touch is lcaking) vs Livian Hernandez who im a fan of, but is starting to look very ordinary this year. Over 9 runs @ 2.09 We're miles in profit so a flamboyant 1000pt double is of course the call.

Re: Mlb 21/5 Pick: Pittsburgh Pirates (MLB) Stake: 10/10 Odds: 2.72 Bookmaker: Betfair It's the battle of the Paul's this afternoon in Cleveland as the Pittsburgh Pirates finish up a 3 game series versus the Cleveland Indians. Paul Maholm is the starting pitcher for Pittsburgh, while Paul Byrd goes for Cleveland. My pick for today's game is Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh unleashed a balanced attack against the Indians in Game 2 of the series yesterday, totaling 14 hits. The final run tally was in favor of the Pirates, 9-6. I'm going to go with Pittsburgh and Maholm for another victory today. Maholm is coming off a great outing against the offensively powerful Cincinnati Reds, holding them to 2 Runs and 5 hits in 7 1/3 innings. I think the Pirates can continue their hot hitting against Paul Byrd of Cleveland today. His ERA is a lofty 6.45 and he is never really a dominating type of pitcher. He regularly gives up about 4 or 5 runs during the time he is in the game. Will post another MLB pick later.

Re: Mlb 21/5 CHC @ CWS After a small hitting revival against the Nationals, the Cubs bats seem to have gone missing again. In the two games of the series theyve managed just the 1 run. This they managed in a game they also only managed 2 hits. In the 2nd game of the series they managed 8 hits but couldnt turn anything into a run. Today theyre up against Contreras, 5-0, 1.41 ERA(best in the majors) and on a 13 game winning streak. Zambrano's record has been cursed by lack of run support. He managed to record 4 quality starts in his 1st 7 games yet didnt record a single win. He's won his last two to take his record to 2-2, 3.34. May has been a much better month for him with a 2-0 record and 0.39 ERA over 3 starts,23 innings. These were starts against the Nationals,Padres and Giants though. Hardly the Majors big boys. Even if Zambrano has another outstanding outing its hard to see how a run shy Cubs offense are going to overturn the Majors leader Contreras. CWS(-1.5) to win 2.08 @ Pinnacle

Re: Mlb 21/5 A bit of a late post, but my first bet of the day is. Cincinnati Reds @ Detroit Tigers Reds 2.25 (Pinnacle) 5 units CIN: RHP Aaron Harang (5-2, 4.19 ERA) DET: LHP Nate Robertson (4-2, 3.50 ERA) Reds have cooled down a little after a great start, but their batting game has been back to normal lately, and they've scored 15 runs in last 2 games of this interleague series against the motor city kitties. Series tied at 1-1 and i will go with the visitors in thos spot. Reds are still the most productive team in the league against Left Handed pitchers and still among the top in batting average and on-base percentage against them. Both these teams have been surprisingly early season, overperformed a little. Detroit has had much easier schedule, playing a lot of games against Kansas and Minnesota though. Pitchers are both good here. Robertson is having a career year so far, but i don't think he can keep that same level the whole season. A couple of last games he has been quite lucky getting out of jams. Aaron Harang of Reds is their long time ace and a solid performer. He had a bad game last time vs. Pirates, but the runs he allowed were mostly caused by an error and were unearned. Expecting him to bounce back today.

Re: Mlb 21/5 Detroit to beat Cincinatti Home advantage will play a major part in helping Detroit take down the series 2-1. Robertson is pitching for Detriot, which is a major plus and he should easy take out this weak Cincinatti line up. Jusso has tipped up Cincinatti too which comes in handy that should disadvantage them by 2 runs i'd say.

Re: Mlb 21/5 I'm with WFTE on White Sox -1.5 v Cubs for exactly the reasons he's posted :ok Hoping for a hatrick of -1.5 winners from Sox Reckon I'll have a wee bash on over 10 in the Texas Houston game too at 21/20 + Texas -1.5 @ 7/5 with Astros young pitcher struggling all the best

Re: Mlb 21/5 SEA @ SD Park has had a lot of no decisions so far this season leaving him with a 2-1,3.27 record. Last game he allowed 4 runs, only one of which was earned though, and helped out with 3 hits and 2 RBI. In the month of May he's 1-0 in 3 games, giving up 1 Earned run over 22 innings, a 0.41 ERA. Park is 4-0 with a 1.59 ERA in 6 career games against SEA, all whilst at Texas. Hernandez had a nightmare LTO giving up 11 hits and 10 runs over 4 innings against Oakland. He's only twice gone further than the 5th inning and only twice allowed less than 3 runs. SD are having troubles with the bats but Park should be able to make their job easier by keeping the required tally low. SD to win 2.16 @ Pinnacle

Re: Mlb 21/5 I was just about to post my pick on San Diego 2.16 @ Betfair, but I see WFTE is like minded and has already posted that pick. I have some of the same reasons that WFTE. So I'm not sure if I should bother posting it. Will it count for the contest? Oh well, I guess I'll post it just in case. Pick: San Diego (MLB) Bookmaker: Betfair Odds: 2.16 The Seattle Mariners host the San Diego Padres this afternoon at Safeco Field in Seattle. My pick is for San Diego. I think San Diego has the better pitcher going this afternoon and that is the main basis for my pick. Chan Ho Park is on the mound for San Diego. He has a very solid 3.27 ERA to go with his record of 2-1. On the other side, Seattle's starter for today, Felix Hernandez is 2-5 with a 5.19 ERA. That's a difference between the 2 starters of almost 2 Runs per game. Also Chan Ho Park is 4-0 with a 1.59 ERA versus Seattle at Safeco Field in his last 6 starts there.

Re: Mlb 21/5 going out so must be quick but later games played are : taking the over 8.5 on offer (most firms go 9-9.5) @2.06 for the oakland vs san fran game in a double with atlanta - arizona over 9.5 @ 2.00 1500pt double. also having san diego at 2.05 vs seattle. 1000pt single

Re: Mlb 21/5 San Fransisco Giants @ Oakland Athletic Athletics -1.5 2.51 (Pinnacle) 5 units SF: RHP Matt Cain (1-5, 6.69 ERA) OAK: RHP Joe Blanton (4-4, 5.84 ERA) San Fransiso starter Matt Cain has been really bad this season, so i simply have to ride his bad streak to continue. Oakland finally seems to be getting their batting game on a roll. They've scored atleast 6 runs in 4 of last 6 games, going 5-1 in that span. Joe Blanton has had a few rocky games this year, but looked good against Seattle in his last game allowing 2 runs in 7 innings of work. In his career Blanton is 1-0 against the Giants with a 2.13 ERA. I'm taking the -1.5 line. Oakland is simply much stronger batting side and has the better pitcher going on for them today.

Re: Mlb 21/5

Bloody typical!! CIN 0 DET 1. Both tips losers. :sad
There just wasn't any clutch hitting. Both pitchers threw a fine game and Both teams had about 2-3 warning track blasts. Reds had a 3rd and 2nd with no outs, same situation with 1 out in other inning, bases loaded 2 outs etc.. Hits with runners on scoring position was just scarse and only run Detroit scored resulted from a throwing error of a Reds fielder.

Re: Mlb 21/5

I'm with WFTE on White Sox -1.5 v Cubs for exactly the reasons he's posted :ok Hoping for a hatrick of -1.5 winners from Sox
Didn't Sox Neal Cotts do well in his 11 pitches of relief :@ How to turn a 2 run lead into a 2 run deficit in one easy lesson :wall

Re: Mlb 21/5 This bet i've been eying since this morning and will take it with high stakes now. NY Yankees @ NY Mets Mets -1.5 2.27 (Pinnacle) 8 units NYY: RHP Aaron Small (0-1, 8.71 ERA) NYM: LHP Tom Glavine (6-2, 2.43 ERA) Mets had really dissappointing relief appearance from Billy Wagner yesterday, who gave the game away for free walking 3 and hitting one batter with a pitch in the bottom of the ninth. Tonight Mets should have a huge advantage in pitching. Tom Glavine is as solid as they come, while Aaron Small is making his first start of the season. He has pitched several times on relief duty this season with pretty bad results. He was able to lower his ERA from over 12 to 8.71 in a decent 4 inning relief appearance against Texas last time out, but allowed a 3 run homer to first batter he faced. He will be on a limited pitch count, which is good as Yankee bullpen is hardly very good. Yankees still has a lot of injury problems and will go with the same lineup as yesterday. While they still have a lot of batting power, the bottom of the lineup is pretty weak now. They couldn't muster much of anything against Pedro yesterday and Glavine has been at least equal this season. I'm expecting Mets to get plenty of hits off Small. Mets to win by 2 or more is my call.

Re: Mlb 21/5 Ive been thinking bout this one too. So far the two games have been the reverse of what they should really with the Mets losing with Pedro on the mound and winning with oneof their other pitchers(50/50 record with starter other than Pedro/Glavine). Surely they cant lose when starting with Pedro AND Glavine. I was going to leave it but Im going to bebad after todays losses and play catch up on this one.

Re: Mlb 21/5 I have to say the opposite. Small is starting for the Yanks, out of the bullpen he aint that great, as a starter he has an excellent record.Glavine is good, but he is not quite as good as his figures suggest. I think the 2.5 at hills on offer for the yanks is a massive shout.And with money to burn , despite a poor night so far im getting involved with my biggest of the year 4000pts on the yanks @2.5