ATP Portschach & World Team Cup 22nd-27th May

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP Portschach & World Team Cup 22nd-27th May Match is far from starting, scratch Gin. I miss read the arag site, they're not even apart of it, just the Chile/Spain. (the move) Couldn't find any direct reference to what the surface is, but this isn't the first time and the last was on clay (laid above ice). I'll keep Ancic though, indoors on either surface helps him. He continues to represent value.

Re: ATP Portschach & World Team Cup 22nd-27th May So the final tomorrow we have:

Samstag 27. Mai, Start um 12 Uhr
space.gif
Finale - Center Court I
flag_cro.jpgCRO
flag_ger.jpgGER
M. Ancic P. Kohlschreiber
I. LjubicicN. Kiefer
N. N.
Indoors or outdoors? I'm happy this is the order of the matches, will really help me for Sports-Punter. First match I have to fancy Ancic, he's rolling right now and was awesome today against Massu. Kohl has seemed to feel the pressure in all of his matches this week and I can't see that improving first game of the final. Second match, if it's outdoors I'd really fancy Kiefer, he's played very well this week. Indoors, however, as we saw today, and Ljubicic suddenly comes alive and finds his first serve rythem! Indoors I'd have to side with Ljubicic. Just need to wait for prices on Ancic, and wait for the weather in Germany:unsure

Re: ATP Portschach & World Team Cup 22nd-27th May early betfair prices suggest ancic will be virtually unbackable. 1.14 is the best available atm. I'll probably play small stakes on Kiefer to make it more interesting while I'm watching it. Seems better value than Ljubo. Currently 3 v 1.33. He was very impressive against an admittedly out-of-sorts Gaudio but quite poor against Berdych so I don't know what to make of his form really. He'll probably have to win to keep the match alive too so there'll be extra pressure on him. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing. In fact I think I've just talked myself out of backing him in the 30 seconds or so it's taken me to type this.

Re: ATP Portschach & World Team Cup 22nd-27th May +68.7pts Dropped a few points yesterday due to the move and Ivan gettin' up. Gonna play a couple of plays, not much in previews as it's the finals. 10pts 2-0 Ancic over K... @ 1.86 - I'm more sure about this regardless of location than I am about Ivan! 10pts Peer over myskina @ 2.3 She has dominated her opponents and I think she has a solid chance. 5pts Peer 2-0 over myskina @ 4.2 - Yes, I'm that sure. 10pts Peng over Vaidisova @ 3.3 - Has faced better class throughout this tourny and Vaid may be caught off guard.

Re: ATP Portschach & World Team Cup 22nd-27th May

SportTennis
EventWorld Team Cup
SelectionKIEFER v Ljubicic
Strength10/10
Date27/05/2006
Bookmaker/Price>William Hill @ 2.75 (Back)
ReasoningRight, they're starting this final outdoors, so hopefully this match will be played outdoors. I haven't been impressed with Ljubicic at all this week, especially in the matches against Ferrer and Blake, and he looked pretty jaded after a battle against Gonzalez yesterday. Kiefer has been very strong this week with good wins and the only defeat against an on fire Berdych. I expect him to be more pumped up for this as the Germans really want this title. I think he's got a lot more game on clay and should be strong today. H2H is 2-0 to Ljubicic but both on faster surfaces a few years ago when Kiefer was struggling.

Re: ATP Portschach & World Team Cup 22nd-27th May I know against Ivan outdoors is a strong play, but it sure is a scary one. He took a rest yesterday thinking he would need to play in the doubles today after the 3 setter. (ancic's blog - I think). When he needed to win against italy (?) he came out in doubles and never had a problem. 70+ % first serve. Not sayin' it's a bad call, but when the pressure is on he seems to pull something out of his :moon . I'll see how the girls go and maybe play live, want to preserve something this week. (still sore about yesterday). The online communication of location/who's playin' needs to be fixed next year, the last two days have been mad.

Re: ATP Portschach & World Team Cup 22nd-27th May Dropped another 12pts on today - almost the full 35! I've lost 62pts on the finals over the past two weeks :spank. Note to self, don't play finals... ever! Just over 56pts for the week, approx 206 over the past two - Glad the open is here, I'd rather bet on grass!. Hope I didn't jinx ya mate, just thinking of Davis Cup Ivan and not 'I lost to Hrbaty' Ivan :unsure.