ATP Portschach & World Team Cup 22nd-27th May

Re: ATP Portschach & World Team Cup 22nd-27th May

Gasquet is 5 love down! Do these so called stars try in these tournaments or is he just being outplayed?
No pics but I don't think he's trying. He came here for matches and he's had them. One thing on his mind and that's the French. One thing on Melzers mind and that's Portschach. (Hopefully more of the same in the second set:hope)

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP Portschach & World Team Cup 22nd-27th May Robby and Mr I. you are amazing guys. Starace has won and it seems that Novak will go easily over Chela after 6-1 in first set. Nice profits due to your predictions. Thanks for such a good work today

Re: ATP Portschach & World Team Cup 22nd-27th May The good thing about Gasquet is no matter how far he's down, he always carries some value in the exchanges. 1.16 for Melzer now, which is really high after a 6-0 punishment and coming off an injury and entering as a LL.

Re: ATP Portschach & World Team Cup 22nd-27th May Don't jinx me now, Chela is still dangerous! Not like a bulldog while you're holding a steak, but like a poodle while you're holding a chew toy. It may not break your leg, but it's sure to piss you off! and Thanks! ... uh ohh

Re: ATP Portschach & World Team Cup 22nd-27th May Unless the rules state otherwise, yes. They have a one set rule in place, if one set is done the retirement is considered a loss. See, when you ignore Chela he goes away. Leans on Pavel over Marach. Pavel has been impressive over his last two and may be making a run, Marach is getting the slight favourite because he beat a disinterested Simon. Horna over Monaco and Davy shouldn't be an issue either - no value there to play on. Come'on Koh! You let Vik give me my 3 sets, now give Mr. I his money. (No injuries please ;)) ... I love it when they listen. So, is Horna the real deal? Or was Seppi all that bad. Anyone have the real times these matches start? Times are all over the place depending on where you look.

Re: ATP Portschach & World Team Cup 22nd-27th May +86.5pts (today +74) 16-11 (5-3) With a very average strike rate, I can handle over 80pts this week. Too many value bets on play. Normally I wouldn't have been this aggressive, last week gave me some freedom on the hole I could create before Roland Garros. I'll probably be a little quieter for the rest of the tournies this week. Roland's draw comes out tomorrow and since researching the WTA tends to be time consuming, I want to get into it early. ATP, while quicker to research out takes time on the rd 128 event ;). Thought I may drop all the information in a few posts (group, quarter/post?) I'll have the info in front of me, may as well bring it over. Want to get into the special bets as well, best brit, french etc. Glad I didn't go heads on in the bird/koh bets with ya Mr I, looks like I woulda lost my :moon. :ok Here's hopin the bird doesn't choke and no injuries!

Re: ATP Portschach & World Team Cup 22nd-27th May So, 3-0 today with Berdych, Kohlscreiber and Monaco getting the job done. Now +45.6pts for the week, which considering it's a little week before we get the big guns out on Sunday;), I should be really pleased with. Yet, it should be more:( :(. I want +60pts this week, and tomorrow looks good:ok

Re: ATP Portschach & World Team Cup 22nd-27th May Tomorrow in the World team Cup again we have one match that counts and that's: Center Court I

flag_chi.jpgCHI
flag_cro.jpgCRO
F. Gonzalez I. Ljubicic
N. Massu M. Ancic

Doubles

Rubber

I'm definately thinking Gonzalez and Ancic to set up a cracking decicive doubles:ok

Re: ATP Portschach & World Team Cup 22nd-27th May Like both of them, probably will play the 2-1 market on Ancic. Really liking Novak against Davy He's won as a 3+, 4+, 4+ and now sits well over 5 He hasn't played hardly any tennis this year, so the two three setters shouldn't have effected him. It may have even helped him. Davy, while winning a lot, has played a lot of tennis recently. The competiton class has been very different for each players. Starace, Zib and RHH for Davy - Melzer, Chela, and Phau for Novak. There's a 1-0 H2H to Novak as well, though it was in 2003. The seller to me is that he chased Melzer to a tb and lost it in the first, kept a cool head and took the other two sets. Odds are right on Horna and Pavel on South American clay, but really, is he the clear favourite here? Leaning Pavel's way. Matches are on later tonight, so I'll see where the markets head by then.

Re: ATP Portschach & World Team Cup 22nd-27th May *****ARB ALERT***** Gonzo v Ljubicic Ljubicic currently trading at 3.1 on Betfair Gonzo currently 2.62 on Bet365 Fill yer boots..... (Anyone know how I can remove my betting limits on these accounts ;) ) *********** Bet365 have noticed their mistake and now have Gonzo at 1.44 and have cancelled my bet!! :wall Oh well, live and learn I suppose - its only money:sad

SportTennis
EventATP Portschach
SelectionPAVEL v Horna
Strength10/10
Date26/05/2006
Bookmaker/Price>William Hill @ 2.62 (Back)
ReasoningOK, so Horna has done pretty well this week, and he should be favourtite for this, but I don't think he should be so much of a favourite. His record in Europe is pretty poor, going 5-10 in the past 12 months (including the 3 wins here) compared to 11-4 in South America so it's clear where he plays his best stuff. His wins over Seppi and Monaco are pretty impressive but they're not enough to convince me he's in great form. I just noticed a nice little stat; since 2000 Pavel is 19-6 within Austria so obviously he likes playing in this country. He's impressed me this week, his opponents haven't been great but he's taken care of them all quite convincingly. H2H is 2-0 to Horna including a win on clay but in this case I'm willing to overlook it as both matches were close.

Re: ATP Portschach & World Team Cup 22nd-27th May DAVYDENKO-Novak home win betfair ; 1.20 Novak played 2 matches in 3 sets yesterday, the second one using probably a lot of energy in the second as he kept coming back on Melzer. Novak is now 31 and can not recover as well as in his 20's. Davy had pretty easy macthes and he is probabably a lot fresher than Novak.

SportTennis
EventWorld Team Cup
SelectionGONZALEZ v Ljubicic
Strength10/10
Date26/05/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.52 (Back)
ReasoningI haven't been impressed with Ljubicic at all this week; I thought he was poor in beating Blake and then got humped by Ferrer. I can't see much hope for him in this one unless his form dramatically improves. As I've mentioned a few times in the past few weeks Gonzalez has been in great form in this clay court season. He got a good win earlier in the week against Ferrer and I expect another strong, aggresive performance. H2H is 2-1 to Ljubicic but Gonzlalez beat him on clay in Monte Carlo quite convincingly just a few weeks ago. £279 available.

SportTennis
EventWorld Team Cup
SelectionANCIC v Massu
Strength10/10
Date26/05/2006
Bookmaker/PriceVC Bet @ 2.25 (Back)
ReasoningHow well is Massu playing? I really don't know; he's really done nothing since reaching the final of Casablanca and he played a shocker in that. This week he's beaten Verdasco who hasn't been playing well and Roddick retired against him in the first set. Ancic has been rested a bit this week after his exploits in the TMS events the past few weeks so I expect him to be up for this. We've seen the past few weeks his ability to get results when he really shouldn't and if he has to I can see doing that again. However, I think his game will match up pretty well here as he'll really be able to take it to Massu and get him on the back foot. I've already mentioned I fancy Gonzalez over Ljubicic so Ancic needs to step up (like last years Davis Cup final perhaps?) and win this to take it into a decicive doubles. Really surprised to be getting odds against for this, I think Ancic should be slight favourite.

Re: ATP Portschach & World Team Cup 22nd-27th May And that's where I'm in 20pts Gonzo over Ivan @ 1.41 - Ivan can't serve, he can't break on clay, and his 2nd serve points % has been shocking. This will be the biggest choke if Gonzo doesn't pull through Novak going to 7's just adds value to me. 10pts Novak over Davy @ 7 - I've said my peice in a post before. 10pts Pavel over Horna @ 2.72 - agree with Mr I!

Re: ATP Portschach & World Team Cup 22nd-27th May I almost played Novak 2-0 (@ 18.5!) but didn't have the balls:rollin I'm on Ancic as well, but I may play 2-1. I've backed a lot of Ancic over the past couple of weeks (and scored a ton of pts) however, I think Massu could cause enough problems to bring three sets in play. If I was the market, I'd make Ancic's 2-1 lower than Massu's due to .. past history ;) So I'll probably play the 2-1 market on each side, but I'll see if Gonzo pulls me into the hole first. Good luck today Intense!

DAVYDENKO-Novak home win betfair ; 1.20 Novak played 2 matches in 3 sets yesterday, the second one using probably a lot of energy in the second as he kept coming back on Melzer. Novak is now 31 and can not recover as well as in his 20's. Davy had pretty easy macthes and he is probabably a lot fresher than Novak.
I agree with everything you've typed, but consider that Davy has been injured and played a lot of tennis on each side of it, and no one can be fresher than Novak (he's played like ... no matches this year). Congrats if he pulls through, but 1.2 is a scary scenario.

Re: ATP Portschach & World Team Cup 22nd-27th May Man, this sucks! I usually play the bets after tipping here because I tend to run late and I want the typing part out of the way. This time I didn't have to type anything so I bet first then typed here. That 20pts is gonna bite (Ivo's price is a dream on hard, I reckon) Though I did notice this in the tennis rules @ betfair

If the scheduled venue is changed after the market has been loaded by Betfair to a different type of surface, all bets will be void except for those on markets which have been unconditionally determined.
I wonder when the match was changed, any idea how long ago the venue was moved? I know it's being delayed an hour for it. 10pts Ancic over Massu @ 2.22 - No hesitation with Ancic on hard, the change in surface is more likely to break Massu down than it is to break Ancic. 10pts Gin over Ferrer @ 5.3 - Gin has like, ... no form. However, Ferrer is a dominate clay courter, on hard 5.3 carries too much value. Over night change in venue could make it interesting. Though that rule makes me wonder if the prices will stick. Notice you've played Gonzo @ betfair as well, ever come across this before? It seems they're just doing it for schedule and need for players to travel for Roland Garros. ... Good signs, while Davy looks comfortable - Novak does as well. Go Novie! Spoke too soon, break.

Re: ATP Portschach & World Team Cup 22nd-27th May No, no, no:loon. I'm pretty sure it's indoor clay, not hard. I'm about 90% certain it's clay. No idea when it was moved, but the Sky guys knew about it at 12pm. Sky guy just said the decision was made about 2 hours ago.