ATP Portschach & World Team Cup 22nd-27th May

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP Portschach & World Team Cup 22nd-27th May Just a note about the World Team Cup. Here's the Red group:

Red Group
Pos.CountryPointsMatchesSets
1flag_ger.jpg2-04-210-4
2flag_cze.jpg>2-04-210-4
3flag_arg.jpg0-22-44-10
4flag_ita.jpg[url=http://www.arag-world-team-cup.com/en/teamsplayers/profiles/country/ita/default.asp]0-22-44-10
And the matches tomorrow:
Center Court I
flag_cze.jpgCZE
flag_ger.jpgGER
R. Vik P. Kohlschreiber
T. Berdych N. Kiefer

Doubles

Rubber

space.gifCenter Court II
flag_arg.jpgARG
flag_ita.jpgITA
J. Acasuso D. Sanguinetti
D. NalbandianF. Volandri

Doubles

Rubber

So basically the Argentina/Italy game doesn't matter. I'd be very wary of those matches and I certainly don't see myself getting involved (especially considering the players:loon). Czech/Germany is for a place in the final, and it looks like a cracker. Can I trust Kohlschreiber after what he did to me on Sunday? I think I can, and I'm thinking of Kohlschreiber and Berdych, to set it up nicely for a decicive doubles - but of course will have to wait for prices;)

Re: ATP Portschach & World Team Cup 22nd-27th May Mr. I and Robby. Why do you not rate Gasquet tomorrow? I think he is a lovely player and being fair Melzer is a journeyman at best surely? What am I missing? My gut tells me Gasquet but you two are both experienced tennis tippers so I may just leave it alone.

Re: ATP Portschach & World Team Cup 22nd-27th May

Mr. I and Robby. Why do you not rate Gasquet tomorrow? I think he is a lovely player and being fair Melzer is a journeyman at best surely? What am I missing?
Gasquet hasn't played much lately due to injuries. Last week he lost to Vliegen very easily and has already lost here this week in qualifying to Azzaro (ranked 300 something). Hrbaty took a set off him in the first round and that isn't too good (even though he won the first 6-0). It's obvious because he entered the qualifying here that he's just looking for a few matches here before the French and he's already had 4 - it's clear where his priorities are. Melzer on the other hand is playing at home and is defending points from reaching the final of St Polten last year. He's also shown some decent form in recent weeks too. Not sure how the match being put back a day will affect it - extra day rest for Gasquet if he's a bit tired, however, also an extra day closer to the French and a tough schedule for whoever is going deep in this tournament (two matches tomorrow if the weather is better). Obivously, if Gasquet was fully fit and in form he'd be a very strong favourite to beat Melzer, but that is certainly not the case here. Gasquet could still clow him away but I think the odds are pretty generous on Melzer Good luck with whatever you go for:ok (unless it's Gasquet:lol)

Re: ATP Portschach & World Team Cup 22nd-27th May Gotta say with all of the rain and with the draw soon to bottle up, RHH is really looking good @ 4+. Hate to do it to ya, but I see value in Vik and Kiefer. Vik because he's actually done something here, but they both lost to Sanguinetti. Recent form kinda leans it for me. Kiefer to grind out a win to even it up before the doubles. 11-8 (2-2 today) +12.5pts Krajicek and Marach done the job, Smash.. and Ivan, not so much. Most of my plays were in the rain so a slow day here.

Mr. I and Robby. Why do you not rate Gasquet tomorrow? I think he is a lovely player and being fair Melzer is a journeyman at best surely? What am I missing?
For me it's hometown pride at play, there isn't any guess work when it comes to Melzer. He's at home and wants to win. Gasquet has improved upon his past performances but if he drops a set he may play it out like Simon did today and let it run out. Give me a healthy Gasquet post slam and I'll run with him, not here, not now though.

extra day closer to the French and a tough schedule for whoever is going deep in this tournament (two matches tomorrow if the weather is better). )
This is a good point. You have to wonder how it'll affect the mentality of the guys who will fancy their chances of going a long way at Roland Garros. I'm thinking Almagro and Davydenko in particular. The last thing they'll want to do is tire themselves out so if they find themselves in a tough match they might not want to know. I think there might be a bit of value in Starace and Hidalgo considering. Currently 4.3 and 4.7 respectively on betfair.

Re: ATP Portschach & World Team Cup 22nd-27th May Simon is a solid example of that very fact. Lost a tight TB, got broken early and let the game play out. Clearly he has a decent chance of getting at least rd 32ish (depending on draw of course). And going from memory - rd 32 has more prize money involved than the winner of this! (I think)

Re: ATP Portschach & World Team Cup 22nd-27th May Can ya tell I really don't feel like starting work? :lol Ok, I'm going to play Starace and RHH for the reasons mentioned above. Both are the early matches so I may miss them otherwise. 10pts RRH over Davy @ 4.6 (Betfair) 10pts Starace over Amalgro @ 4.3 (Betfair) I won't play Vik directly, but I think I'll play the 2-1 market. Will wait until later on that one as there isn't enough money in the market. May do the same with Bird. All four are known to drop a set. The question is, can they win one?

Hate to do it to ya, but I see value in Vik and Kiefer. Vik because he's actually done something here, but they both lost to Sanguinetti. Recent form kinda leans it for me. Kiefer to grind out a win to even it up before the doubles.
It's sooo on:lol :lol :lol
10pts RRH over Davy @ 4.6 (Betfair) 10pts Starace over Amalgro @ 4.3 (Betfair)
I agree with both you guys on these (and RRH is a qualifer;)). But sure if I'll play them though:unsure

Re: ATP Portschach & World Team Cup 22nd-27th May I don't want to get involved with anything else in Austria - still got action on Melzer and Monaco - could be another dodgy day with the weather. Hopefully the bookies will be quick at pricing up the matches for later in the afternoon if we get some play:hope :unsure :unsure

Re: ATP Portschach & World Team Cup 22nd-27th May Sorry it's short, but I had to get it on by 11am...

SportTennis
EventWorld Team Cup
SelectionKOHLSCHREIBER v Vik
Strength10/10
Date25/05/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.19 (Back)
ReasoningAs you know I fancied Kohl on Sunday against Sanguinetti, and his game got the job done but he lost his head when 4-0 up in the 3rd. I'm willing to give him another go against Vik who seems a little overrated after his win over Gaudio. I think these guys are pretty evenly matched but I give Kohl the edge being at home. He's had a few days to get over his loss to Sanguinetti and I think he'll be ready for this one.

SportTennis
EventWorld Team Cup
SelectionBERDYCH v Kiefer
Strength10/10
Date25/05/2006
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 1.72 (Back)
ReasoningI've been very impressed with Berdych all week, taking out Nalbandian and Volandri with ease. Especially the Nalbandian game, from what I saw of it he seemed up for it, unlike Gaudio! Kiefer has done well too this week, beating Volandri and Gaudio, but Gaudio is having real problems with his game. Also the Volandri one was a pretty good match up for him, with the Italians soft serve Kiefer was able to be the aggressor and dictate play. This will not happen against Berdych and it could cause him some problems. He does get really nervy, especially in front of his home court, and if he's being attacked I think his game could fall away. We need to remember he done have an average set of results on clay and I think Berdych has the superior clay court game. H2H is 1-0 to Berdych winning on clay in 5 sets in the Czech Republic. As I've already mentioned I fancy Kohlschreiber to give the Germans a 1-0 lead so I'll take Berdych to level it up and set up a decicive doubles match.

Re: ATP Portschach & World Team Cup 22nd-27th May With the rain involved yesterday these were scattered all about, bringing them here to keep track of.

Ivan and Seppi on 10pts by the way. (Late from work, had to rush them in) I like most in Portschach today, so I'm playing them through. 10pts Marach over Simon @ 3.05 - I'll continue to fade Simon the rest of the week. He deserves all of the odds he gets because he's been great lately. I still think he's looking towards being home and the french next week. I'll take a punt on that. 10pts Monaco over Muller @ 1.74 - Muller's biggest scalp? Christophe Rochus:lol. He's been hiding out in the Challenger's collecting points. Nothing special once he comes to the big boys. Monaco is a 'big boy' who has shown that he can play some tennis. 10pts Novak over Chela @ 4 - I've made a lot of money fading Chela on europe's clay. I'll continue to do so if Novak is truely healthy. 10pts Melzer over Gasquet @ 2.26 - Everything that Mr I said, adding his history here at home. He's has a superb record here, and Gasquet may have enough match time for next week.
I'm adding : (sorry, wanted to wait out Starace before I commited) 9.2pts Kohschreiber v Vik to go 3 sets @ 2.3 - 4.27pts Vic 2-1 @ 5.2 - 4.93 Koh 2-1 @ 4.5 5pts Sanguinetti over Acasuso @ 3.95 Two guys who've never played each other in a match that doesn't mean anything shouldn't have values this high. Consider that Sang has won twice here, and played two doubles - Acasuso has only played twice. So Sang should be pretty used to the surface and should have a chance. This is a value punt.

Re: ATP Portschach & World Team Cup 22nd-27th May And only one of my previous plays come through the post :\ Was trying to bring them all in Glad Starace won, I thought RHH was a lot better chance. That kid has been playing some good tennis lately. Although, it's hard to look at the suggestion that there may be some loose play while waiting for the French Open. Considering that there is two sets either way, if the favourite wins, they may as well play for the second. If it's 1-1 going into three, may as well play the third. So the French Open logic may come into play only on losing the first. Horna and RHH practically gave the 1st to them. Dunno, can't read minds anyway:ok Suprised with Seppi, he's been a mental case the last month or so, but he came out strong in the first round. First Serve % / Points Won were really strong. I don't know if the extra day and rain came into it or not, but that was awful. Monaco breezes through and brings in the easiest 1.7ish I've played all week and Novak seems to be back in a full swing. Chela doesn't know what's hitting him. Melzer is running with the first set break.:hope From what looked like was going to be a shiiitttty day is turning itself around. Now only if we can keep the rain away! Side Note: I know they've moved times up, but I'm suprised that they've kept the start times solid instead of follow on, there's a few matches to get through today.