34TH TOULON TOURNAMENT - 80 minutes gameplay

Another year comes by and the toulon tournaments return. And here are the available odds for the games of today. Yesterday Games Argentina U21 0-0 Portugal U21 China U21 0-0 Czech republic U21 // A surprise!! Today Games

Date Event HomeDrawAway
16 May-10:30 Colombia Sub-20 v Holanda sub-20 3.253.252.00
16 May-12:30 Fracia Sub-20 v México Sub-20 1.663.404.50
Odds available in Bet365 The odd thin is that they are put as under 20, when in reality they are playing under 21.

Re: 34TH TOULON TOURNAMENT - 80 minutes gameplay Well here goes my toughts, still I will like someone from France to collaborate with info of the France under 21 years squad, first in Mexico squad there are two "important" players champions of the FIFA Youth World Cup of 2005. Efrain Juares and Hector Moreno. Last year Mexico advance to the semifinals after draw with Japan, lost to France (who they will encounter now) and win to South Africa. Then in semifinals lost to Portugal and won draw against england, winning in penalties the third place. Meanwhile France was unbeaten in the whole tournament, and just draw against England in semifinals (winning in penalties). But in this squad of Mexico there are several players that have already play in first division, because of a rule that has two seasons of being applied. That is why many players have experience in top league. Still some players where unable to came, like striker Landin, which is playing with Pachuca the finals of the Mexican league (being on the starting eleven). But still the squad is really competitive, with good experience and I think they could notch a surprise to France in the opener, still I will like to know info about squad, so any one that can help...? Because I will like to know some info before putting a pick. In the other match, I find out that Colombia have players in Italy and Argentina, so they can be a competitive side, still Holland is know of producing many good young players. Ajax system is a blueprint for the world.

Re: 34TH TOULON TOURNAMENT - 80 minutes gameplay Indeed last year from 12 games of first round 5 games went over and taking in consideration semifinals, third place and final, just one of those four games went over. Still expectating.

Re: 34TH TOULON TOURNAMENT - 80 minutes gameplay 34th Touloun Youth Tournament France main concer is U21 European Championship, still this squad is motivated to have the chance of showing what they are capable of doing, they have good quality. Poweful defense is one of their strong points, just consider last tournament they receive 3 goals in 5 games. Solid defending. France: GK * Hugo Lloris (OGC Nice) * Alexandre Martinovic (FC Sochaux) Déf * Cédric Cambon (Montpellier HSC) * Florian Marange (FCG Bordeaux) * Baptiste Martin (AJ Auxerre) * Carl Medjani (FC Metz) * Yassine Moutaouakil (LB Châteauroux) * Guillaume Rippert (Valenciennes FC) Midfield * Djamel Abdoun (AC Ajaccio) * Yohan Cabaye (Lille OSC) * Didier Digard (Le Havre AC) * Ricardo Faty (RC Strasbourg) * Peter Franquart (Lille OSC) * Jonathan Lacourt (RC Lens) * Olivier Veigneau (AS Monaco) Forwards * Abdoulaye Baldé (Amiens SCF) * Chahir Belghazouani (Grenoble Foot) * Rudy Carlier (RC Strasbourg) * David Gigliotti (AS Monaco) * Nicolas Maurice-Belay (AS Monaco) Mexico: GK * Jonathan Emmanuel Orozco Domínguez (Monterrey -1 match in Primera Division this season) * Miguel Ángel Fraga Licona (Morelia - Played in Primera Division) Defense * Luis Enrique Robles Ramírez (Atlas - Played 452 minutes Primera Division score 1 goal) * Severo Efraín Meza Mayorga (Monterrey - Played all 17 games of the season - score 1 goal.) * Hugo Ayala Castro (Atlas) * Héctor Alfredo Moreno Herrera (UNAM - Played 249 minutes Primera Divsion last season, score a goal, and world champion under 17 in 2005) * Diego Octavio Jiménez Villa (Tecos - played in 7 games of the season) * Efraín Velarde Calvillo (UNAM - Played 140 minutes Primera Division last season) Midfield * Luis Omar Hernández Hernández (Necaxa - Played in Primera Division) * Alberto Ramírez Torres (Tecos - Played in Primera Division) * José Luis Rodríguez Villavicencio (Santos) * César Alejandro Abundis Ríos (Toluca) * Juan Carlos Mosqueda Andrade (América) * Jesús Andrés Padilla Cisneros (Chivas USA) * Fernando Morales Esquer (UNAM - just miss one game in last seasons) * Noe Maya Vilchis (San Luis - play one half of one game) * Antonio Olvera (Santos - play in Primera Division and already play with National team) Forwards * Mario Salvador Padilla Buenrostro (Necaxa - Participate in 11 games in the season) * Santiago Fernández Fernández (America - play in two games) * José Maria Cárdenas López (Atlante - Play in all 17 games of last season) As we can see the defense is very experimente in playing in Primera Division which is in Mexico the top level. Also there is some experience in the midfield and the forward still this is not so strong as the ones in the back who where reinforce by two members of Mexico champion under 17. I really expect in the match against France a tough game, and I think that it can end in a draw with low scoring (due to the fact that last tournament most of the games where with few goals). Is important to mantain the fact that altough last year was under 20, this year is under 21. And also it is being eclipsed by U-21 European Championship where the European teams prefer to field a stronger team that in the Toulon tournament. In my opinion many good players that can be present in this edition are in U-21 European Championship, or in World Cup. In the case of Mexico Andres Guardado is with the National team for the World Cup but was elegible to play this tournament. Prediction: Mexico with +0.5/1 AH Odds: 2.11 Stake: 8/10 Bookmaker: Pointbet Prediction: Mexico Odds: 5.00 Stake: 4/10 Bookmaker: Bet365 One bet won and one bet lost: Mexico with +0.5/1 AH +8.88 U Mexico -4 U Balance: +4.88U

Re: 34TH TOULON TOURNAMENT - 80 minutes gameplay Here's a cracker of a bet! sorry no real time to get on it as only just noticed it on Paddypower!

80 Mins only
Number of Goals
France U-20 v Mexico U-20 - EUROSPORT
Selection Prices
0 or 1 2 - 1spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Exactly 2 or 3 evens spacer.gif
spacer.gif
4 or more 13 - 5spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Tuesday 16th May 2006, 19:30 Right what we have here is a gimme! Ok so how is this well say we stake 10pts - 4pts on 0 or 1 goals return is 12 pts inc stake 6pts on exactly 2 or 3 goals return is 12 pts inc stake what we are saying is that there should not be 4 or more goals in this game! and we are on to a 2pts profit no probs!!! As said in previous posts this Tourney is always low scoring and last night's results only go to prove this point! Money for Old Rope as they say! Regards,

Re: 34TH TOULON TOURNAMENT - 80 minutes gameplay Did anybody watch the Argentina/China match just? What a crazy end to the match that was! :eek The Chinese goalkeeper gets a yellow card for timewasting, another Chinese player gets a yellow card, Argentinian player gets an arm to the face in the penalty are but no penalty given with blood pouring from the Argentinian's left eye and he needs a minute or two to get bandaged up, same Argentinian player gets sent off a minute or two later after a one-on-one with the Chinese goalkeeper goes wrong and he ends up kicking the ball that the 'keeper is clutching into the keeper's chest. Another Argentinian player gets sent off for a late challenge! A Chinese assistant on the bench gets sent away from the technical area! Three monutes of injury time added on eventually finished with seven extra minutes played! China win the game 1-0! :lol I never knew those Chinese young 'uns were so dirty! Arms everywhere they had!

Re: 34TH TOULON TOURNAMENT - 80 minutes gameplay I am sad I wasn't to watch the game, they don't cover my country. But really crazy indeed a atonish result. In the other match Portugal won 2-0 to Chez Republic.

Re: 34TH TOULON TOURNAMENT - 80 minutes gameplay

Did anybody watch the Argentina/China match just? What a crazy end to the match that was! :eek The Chinese goalkeeper gets a yellow card for timewasting, another Chinese player gets a yellow card, Argentinian player gets an arm to the face in the penalty are but no penalty given with blood pouring from the Argentinian's left eye and he needs a minute or two to get bandaged up, same Argentinian player gets sent off a minute or two later after a one-on-one with the Chinese goalkeeper goes wrong and he ends up kicking the ball that the 'keeper is clutching into the keeper's chest. Another Argentinian player gets sent off for a late challenge! A Chinese assistant on the bench gets sent away from the technical area! Three monutes of injury time added on eventually finished with seven extra minutes played! China win the game 1-0! :lol I never knew those Chinese young 'uns were so dirty! Arms everywhere they had!
I watched it and was amazed, apart form the above incident though, Argentina showed aboslutely nothing and could have been happy the Chinese were so bad @ converting their chances - twice in front of open goal. Amazing result though:loon

Re: 34TH TOULON TOURNAMENT - 80 minutes gameplay Do you know with which formation does Mexico play his match, I am guessing it was a 3-5-2 as Mexico National Squad does, but if someone can confirm or correct me please....??? Also there is a pretty tough

Thursday 18 May 2006
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="middle">sp.gifBPP
sp.gifMexico U20 v Colombia U20 (17:30 BST)3.203.302.56sp.gif101%
sp.gifFrance U20 v Holland U20 (19:30 BST)2.093.554.30sp.gif100%
sp.gifFriday 19 May 2006
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="middle">sp.gifBPP
sp.gifArgentina U20 v Czech Republic U20 (17:30 BST)1.613.152.22sp.gif139%
sp.gifChina U20 v Portugal U20 (17:30 BST)2.223.202.02sp.gif126%
sp.gifSaturday 20 May 2006
sp.gifFrance U20 v Colombia U20 (17:45 BST)1.513.054.10sp.gif124%
sp.gifMexico U20 v Holland U20 (17:45 BST)3.052.522.02sp.gif122%

Re: 34TH TOULON TOURNAMENT - 80 minutes gameplay Mexico U21 vs Colombia U21 Yesterday the mayor squad of Colombia made a call up of players for some friendly matches in United States and in Europe, in that call up some players that are in Toulon tournament where call up and if needed will be with the team in the european matches. Is important to remark Colombia didn't qualified to the World Cup and this could be the beggining of a new generation. Those players where: GK Libis Arenas DF Cristian Zapata (playing in Italy) DF Mauricio Casierra MF Edwin Valencia MF Jairo Suárez MF Abel Aguilar (playing in Italy) FW Hugo Rodallega Add to this that the physical aspect of Freddy Guarín (Boca Juniors) y Juan Carlos Toja (River) is impressive and show the development that is given to a plyer in Argentina. Right now they are 1.85m and 85 kgs. So two lethal weapons in Colombia team, still despite this they tied with a decaffeinated side of Holland. Also they play tough defending and where given yellow cards. For Mexico I can said the same I said in last pick, they have players that have already first division experience, one part of the u17 FIFA World Champion, and one that was callup to the national team in the beggining of this year. I have to remark that in the match against France they show good control of the ball which eliminate France and made them run. And as Coach of Mexico said about his players: "They remained in place until the last minute, which made it possible to equalize." For me is important to remark that someplayes in Mexico squad have played full lenght of 90 minutes game and are adapted to this, so 80 minutes they can play it easily. But also they play very tough and where awarded three yellow cards. With the cards fact in mind I expect a tight match, very fight and very rispid. I am going to go a little risky. Mexico with 0 AH @2.25 at Pointbet with 7/10

Re: 34TH TOULON TOURNAMENT - 80 minutes gameplay GK Libis Arenas DF Cristian Zapata (playing in Italy) DF Mauricio Casierra MF Edwin Valencia MF Jairo Suárez MF Abel Aguilar (playing in Italy) FW Hugo Rodallega These players played with Mexico. When they go in major team? Only after the termination of tournament? thx

Re: 34TH TOULON TOURNAMENT - 80 minutes gameplay What a pain in the ass trying to find the results for this tourney is. I thought Eurosport might have had something on their website, I thought FIFA might have had something on it. Nothing. Can't find a darn thing and I've tried Google.

GK Libis Arenas DF Cristian Zapata (playing in Italy) DF Mauricio Casierra MF Edwin Valencia MF Jairo Suárez MF Abel Aguilar (playing in Italy) FW Hugo Rodallega These players played with Mexico. When they go in major team? Only after the termination of tournament? thx
For what I can colaborate, from those players of Colombia, I know Hugo Rodallega is already in a major team as is Monterrey in Mexico Primera Divisiòn, and play many games last season and has a contract that goes up to 2010. I also I know that Freddy Guarín (Boca Juniors) was in the celebration of the title of Boca Juniors of this season, just doubtful if he is in the first team of not. 1.85 and 85 kgs... nice physical form. From the other I dunno.

What a pain in the ass trying to find the results for this tourney is. I thought Eurosport might have had something on their website' date=' I thought FIFA might have had something on it. Nothing. Can't find a darn thing and I've tried Google.[/quote'] Really a pain in the ass, I can understand you perfectly. and the results are this: Argentina U21 2-0 Chez republic U21 // Impressive result as Argentina has two unavailable players due to red cards. China U20 (N) 0 - 0 Portugal U20 // China didn't receive goal. From this group China and Portugal proceed to the next round the semifinals, they have to wait for their rivals who will came out of todays games.

Re: 34TH TOULON TOURNAMENT - 80 minutes gameplay Yeah, watched both games on Eurosport. How did you know the results? If I knew all Portugal and China had to do was play out a draw and theyed both qualify, I'd have lumped on the draw like it was the only possible option. :eyes All China can do is foul whether intentionally or not. Hope Philippe Troussier can instill something in time for the Olympics. No skill whatsoever....embarrassing for us. :$

Yeah, watched both games on Eurosport. How did you know the results?
Well I check them in the betting site on the result part, and also in the official site.

Monday 22 May 2006
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." class="AOCouponHeader" align="center">sp.gifBPP
sp.gifPortugal U20 v Netherlands U20 (17:00 BST)1.963.254.50sp.gif105%
sp.gifFrance U20 v China U20 (19:30 BST)1.943.454.80sp.gif102%

Re: 34TH TOULON TOURNAMENT - 80 minutes gameplay Especially France v China looks like another under "classic" - the Chinese not interested in playing THE BALL at all so far, and the French can boast some skill, but their skills are certainly not putting the ball to the back of the net:(

Re: 34TH TOULON TOURNAMENT - 80 minutes gameplay I watched the Holland v Portugal semi and the Dutch lads were lucky to get through for me especially with 10 men. Zuiverloon looks a decent prospect for them. Too much falling over from the Ronaldo wannabes for me.

Re: 34TH TOULON TOURNAMENT - 80 minutes gameplay Watched them both, both of them were a bit painful to watch, though. I just wonder if the Chinese with the tactics "kill them all, at least make sure they don't score and doesn't matter if two or three are injured" can overcome the Portuguese who looked more willing to play football in the other game - I suspect this may well look like the France v China match which was mostly one-way traffic but these youngsters fail to get into chances. In the final, France look better, but I find it almost impossible to call.

Re: 34TH TOULON TOURNAMENT - 80 minutes gameplay What a painful theatre to watch. I always tend to forget the last year but this tourney lack quality overall and for the age is overtacticised. Good job most of these players never make it to any half-decent senior side;) Fance won on penalties, btw, and Portugal won the 3rd-place match - all in all one precious goal scored in both encounters:(