Paul Fessey - 28 day ban

Did you see the 6.15 at Thirsk? Fessey dropped his hands on 8/1 shot Dottys Daughter allowing a 50/1 shot to get up on the line :@ . He deserves his :spank and, for anyone that backed his mount, maybe this 28 day ban will ease the pain a little (but I doubt it!). It's the only way they'll learn......hit them in the pocket!

Re: Paul Fessey - 28 day ban I backed a horse in Ireland a few months ago and the jockey did exactly that - i cant remember the name now - it might have been central house?? I was fcuking raging - the idiot jockey was celebrating before the line came and got caught! :lol I can laugh about it now but it cost me a few quid.

Re: Paul Fessey - 28 day ban

I backed a horse in Ireland a few months ago and the jockey did exactly that - i cant remember the name now - it might have been central house?? I was fcuking raging - the idiot jockey was celebrating before the line came and got caught! :lol I can laugh about it now but it cost me a few quid.
Personally AK, I didn't back either of them but it is fcukin infuriating if you have money on. The horse in question was Central House and I was pissing myself laughing but I had nothing on it. I felt sorry for anyone with cash riding on it.

Re: Paul Fessey - 28 day ban Yeah i thought it was Central House. I saw the clip during Cheltenham and it did make me laugh as the jockey is really getting into celebrating winning the race, completely oblivious to the fact that 2 horses have run past him :lol I wasnt laughing at the time tho!!

Re: Paul Fessey - 28 day ban The difference was... Roger Loughran thought he had passed the finish line, whereas Paul Fessey just eased up because he thought he had the race in the bag? I don't know which is more infuriating. I can accept Loughran's error was down to human error, but to me it is so much more irritating when a jockey eases up the horse because he thinks he has the race won. He deserves his ban.

Re: Paul Fessey - 28 day ban I have sympathy for them at times lads. Going on a horse full drive at near 40mph you cant exactly judge spot on when you have passsed the line especially in a head to head finish. It is frustrating though but people like Big Mac dont have a clue and when he says they should get 6 months that is just shit talk. 28 days is fair enough.

Re: Paul Fessey - 28 day ban With all due respect Russ P, I think 28 day ban is very harsh. After reading his comments regarding this race, this is just an unfortunate mis-understanding. "It's the only way they'll learn......hit them in the pocket!" Harsh, especially when alot of the lads have families to support. :\ Also "and as McCricick says: "HE SHOULD GET AT LEAST 6 MONTHS BAN FOR THAT" since when has he ever said anything positive and worth listening too. :lol........exactly!!!!

Re: Paul Fessey - 28 day ban

With all due respect Russ P, I think 28 day ban is very harsh. After reading his comments regarding this race, this is just an unfortunate mis-understanding. "It's the only way they'll learn......hit them in the pocket!" Harsh, especially when alot of the lads have families to support. :\ Also "and as McCricick says: "HE SHOULD GET AT LEAST 6 MONTHS BAN FOR THAT" since when has he ever said anything positive and worth listening too. :lol........exactly!!!!
:welcome to PL. I take your point about families to support but having watched the race again today, I feel the ban is still deserved. No way was it a misunderstanding. Let's face it, if I committed such an error at my place of employment, I'd be in the dole queue, family or no family to support.

Re: Paul Fessey - 28 day ban Have you read Paul's explanation and then watched the race? What on earth would he gain by letting the other horse win, jockeys arn't payed a heck off a lot and rely on their winning earnings! So back to my point 28 days is extreeemly harsh! :eyes