Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Horseracing - Building The Bank

SportHorse Racing
Event3.35 Kelso
SelectionOstfanni (to place)
Strength10/10
Date24/05/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.40 (Back)
ReasoningNot a creative selection here but even at 1.40 surely Ostfanni to place is printing money. Out of handicaps this horse always runs well and won after a break last time out at this track when beating Love That Benny. Possextown was also a distance back in 3rd and those 2 rivals reoppose today. With 3 to place Ostfanni looks absolutely nailed on to at least be involved in the finish and 1.40 will do me. King Barry is interesting but is unproven over hurdles and is quite short on the basis of that.

SportHorse Racing
Event4.45 Kelso
SelectionReivers Moon (to place)
Strength10/10
Date24/05/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.84 (Back)
ReasoningThis is a very generous price for Reivers Moon to place. This horse is very consistent and has had 2 runs this season finishing 2nd on his first start and 4th last time out. Both those were over 2m1f which is shorter than he really needs. This 2m6f is ideal for him and he is just as good over hurdles as fences so that is not a worry. He has won at the course before aswell and is well handicapped off a mark of just 109. This is quite a competitive race and 2.84 for Reivers Moon to be in the first three is terrific value.

Re: Horseracing - Building The Bank Reivers Moon finished 3rd. :D I am going to be honest however. I posted up 2.84 as I was waiting to be matched at that. Bigger prices had been matched so I thought I would get matched no problem. However I did not and had to settle for 2.38 in the end as there was plenty money available at that price so I lumped on that instead. So 2 winning bets today people. Ostfanni place at 1.40 and Reivers Moon at 2.38 (not 2.84 as I stated above) :dude :clap

Reivers Moon finished 3rd. :D I am going to be honest however. I posted up 2.84 as I was waiting to be matched at that. Bigger prices had been matched so I thought I would get matched no problem. However I did not and had to settle for 2.38 in the end as there was plenty money available at that price so I lumped on that instead. So 2 winning bets today people. Ostfanni place at 1.40 and Reivers Moon at 2.38 (not 2.84 as I stated above) :dude :clap
2,70 - 3,05 SMALL BET :cheers :clap:clap:clap

SportHorse Racing
Event5.15 Wetherby
SelectionLambrini Legend
Strength10/10
Date25/05/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.00 (Back)
ReasoningJust 4 runners line up for this national hunt flat race here. Lambrini Legend has had 2 racecourse appearances so far. First time out he unseated when badly hampered 4furlongs from home. Last time out he made amends when winning a pretty poor bumper at Towcester. However the first two were well clear that day and he won it with a bit in hand by 2 lengths. That race was at Towcester, one of the stiffest in the country. Wetherby is very heavy this afternoon but Lambrini Legends previous experience should stand him in good stead in these conditions. He faces just 3 newcomers. Magic Blade from the Tom Tate yard is interesting but he is nothing special on breeding and this should go to experience and Lambrini Legend who is well clear on my system aswell.

SportHorse Racing
Event6.15 Stratford
SelectionPipssalio (to place)
Strength10/10
Date26/05/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.28 (Back)
ReasoningPipssalio has his first start over fences tonight and if taking to the bigger obstacles it is going to take something special to stop him in this class. He is a useful dual purpose horse and has been running in both codes of late. He has had 3 runs since coming back from a 2 year break but has shown he is still in good heart with the game. His 2 recent efforts on the jumping circuit have been very good. He finished 2nd at Fontwell before running well behind Standing Obligation at Cheltenham over 3 miles. His last run was 8 days ago on the flat where he was never in contention. His best form seems to be over jumps and he goes over fences for the first time tonight. He races off just a mark of 115 and is well handicapped. He will handle the trip and ground better than most in this race and with 3 places available and just 8 runners going to post, anything at odds against for Pipssalio to place is a very very solid bet.

Re: Horseracing - Building The Bank Pipssalio finishes 3rd. :D I have to say though. Throughout the race I was close to switching the TV off. The horse never travelled or jumped. I have noticed it has done that in the past, just seems so lazy. He was near tailed off with 3 to jump but finished like a train up the run in and just failed to get up for 2nd. More profit secured though and Im delighted with that. :drums Pipssalio finishes 3rd returning 12.80pts profit. I backed it to place at 2.28 but it was available to back at 2.52 to place 5 minutes before the race. Never mind though. 90 Bets 44 Winners Profit: +341.80pts (also, thanks to everyones positive comments, very much appreciated and I hope my system is making some of you plenty of money)

SportHorse Racing
Event2.30 Fontwell
SelectionAlmavara (to place)
Strength10/10
Date28/05/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.88 (Back)
ReasoningAlmavara at 2.88 to place in this opener is great value. Brads House, Mt Desert and Tavalu are all at the head of the market but at a big price Almavara appeals as nice value. He ran 2nd on his hurdles debut but has not gone on from that since. However the 2m2f trip and the good ground should be spot on for him this afternoon. The front 3 in the market dont look any different from this horse in terms of ability. Almavara was an average horse on the flat for Jeremy Noseda and if putting his best foot forward here he would go very close. Chris Morlock has been in decent form of late with a couple of placed horses and on my system this horse appears as good value and 2.88 to place on betfair will do us just fine.

Re: Horseracing - Building The Bank Sorry folks but Jimmy Mcarthy gave that an appaling ride. Had it prominent then dropped it back. Only started pushing the button when it was well behind. Finished 4th in the end when it easily could have got up for a place. Appaling ride! :@

SportHorse Racing
Event7.00 Hexham
SelectionArctic Echo
Strength10/10
Date30/05/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.14 (Back)
ReasoningArctic Echo is well clear of his rivals tonight on my system. This horse basically looks in a different league to his rivals tonight and odds against is a very generous price. He won 2 bumpers at the course and handles the forecasted quick ground very well. His 2 hurdle runs have been very promising as he finished just 4L behind One Sniff on his recent run and that form is head and shoulders above the opposition this evening. His main rival could be Whistle Blowing but that horse has had plenty of opportunities and looks plenty enough exposed tonight. Its really hard to see him not winning this with Alan Swinbank also in flying form.

Re: Horseracing - Building The Bank Arctic Echo wins quite comfortably returned at 4/6. I got 2.14 but it was actually available at 2.22 minutes after I posted the bet. Never mind 2.14 is still a fabulous price. Looked in trouble turning for home but does look a real stayer and Dougie Costello gave it a marvellous ride to produce it up the run in. Won going away by 2 and a half. :D :ok 92 Bets 45 Winners Profit: +343.20pts