Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Horseracing - Building The Bank

SportHorse Racing
Event2.10 Hexham
SelectionVic The Piler
Strength10/10
Date03/06/2006
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ SP (Back)
ReasoningVery progressive, lightly raced horse from the Nicky Richards yard. This horse won 4 weeks ago returning from a lay off to score on his chasing debut. He did that well that day, winning by a driven out 4 lengths despite idling in front. That was at Hexham on fast ground so he has course experience and will handle the ground today. I backed it last time and can remember saying to myself beforehand how nice a horse it looks. It is a tall sort who looks as if he can go onto face better company in time. The drop to 2m4f won't inconvenience him today and with a strong pace likely he should settle, come with a run late on and he will take some stopping. Tony Dobbin is on board which is always huge advantage and this fella should win today. My system has him clear of his rivals today and its not hard to see why.

SportHorse Racing
Event3.10 Hexham
SelectionLahib The Fifth (to place)
Strength10/10
Date03/06/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.90 (Back)
ReasoningAn interesting handicap hurdle and by far the most interesting runner is this Lahib The Fifth. He has had 3 runs and has won on all occasions. He won a bumper here on his first start before winning a maiden and novice hurdles at Perth. He hasn't been seen out since those wins last summer and I remember him being very green and he wasn't the most natural jumper. However Nicky is sure to have schooled him more and there no doubt is far more improvement to come from him being just a 6yr old. Tony Dobbin is the man to follow and is on board. He races off 11-11 for his handicap debut and off a mark of 105, to me he could be a decent animal and could be well in here. It is a competitive race and Im going to play safe as even though he is favourite on my system there are plenty of challengers so 10/11 to be in the first three looks tasty enough to me. (Note: 11/10 is available to place but only for £40 or £50. There is £450 available to back at 1.90)

SportHorse Racing
Event3.25 Worcester
SelectionReivers Moon (to place)
Strength10/10
Date03/06/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.92 (Back)
Reasoning2.92 is a very generous price for Reivers Moon to place. He is a consistent sort who never really runs a bad race. I doubt Willie Amos would take him to Worcester for nothing and with the conditions in his favour he is overpriced and should run a big race. There is a few classy rivals in this race but they are out of form, including Cobbet and Cameron Bridge. Reivers Moon is the safest bet in the race and 2.92 to place is very generous. I also backed him last time when he finished 3rd over hurdles. He is known as a chaser so that was a good run and even though he might not be to well handicapped the price on him to place is too big to ignore.
SportHorse Racing
Event3.45 Hexham
SelectionSilver Bow (to place)
Strength10/10
Date03/06/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.51 (Back)
ReasoningIm not usually one to stick on at these prices but even at 1/2 to place, Silver Bow looks a good thing here. He is clear of his rivals on my system and won 2 starts ago at Huntingdon very easily. He dissapointed last time out and definetly is not the most consistent horse in the world. However back on fast ground he will not be far away in a contest like this as its a very poor race and with Malcolm Jefferson in winning form in the past few weeks this looks like printing money.

SportHorse Racing
Event8.00 Windsor
SelectionBeckermet (Each-Way)
Strength3/10
Date05/06/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 15.00 (Back)
ReasoningStill a young horse who could have more to give in the sprinting division. Was a very nice 3yr old and made a pleasing return in April when 3rd at Newmarket but finished clear of the far side group. That was a tremendous performance but he has since ran 3 times and dissapointed. However the small field should suit tonight and he has conditions in his favour as the ground is very fast. Baltic King and Fayr Jag are more exposed than this horse aswell as Celtic Mill and 14/1 is far too big to ignore. He is worth a small each way as Im confident he will at least grab a place.

SportHorse Racing
Event2.20 Haydock
SelectionHero Worship (to place)
Strength10/10
Date10/06/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.16 (Back)
ReasoningProgressive horse who has win his two starts to date. Was green when winning last time out against one of todays rivals, Soapy Danger. That was a game performance and should improve more for that win. Is up another 4lbs but that is not harsh at all. Michael Jarvis' horses always improve with each run and this progressive young horse should be involved in the finish again making the 2.16 to place a nice bet.
SportHorse Racing
Event2.25 Lingfield
SelectionStorm On The Run (to place)
Strength10/10
Date10/06/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.89 (Back)
ReasoningHas run 4 times. Finished 2nd on his first 3 runs before getting off the mark last time out. The step upto 7 furlongs will suit as will the fast ground. This is not the hottest of races and with 8 runners and 3 to place, 10/11 for Storm On The Run to place is an absolute stonking bet.

SportHorse Racing
Event5.25 Musselburgh
SelectionOuninpohja
Strength10/10
Date10/06/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.20 (Back)
ReasoningA very tasty price for this horse here. Progressed up the ranks last season winning a load of handicaps on the trot. Made his seasonal reappearance at Hamilton 3 weeks again and finished 2nd just beaten by Akarem. Probably needed that run and is 6lbs better off with that rival tonight. The step upto 1m6f should also suit in my opinion and this ultra game horse should have the class to beat this bunch before going onto even better things.

SportHorse Racing
Event2.20 Perth
SelectionNewbay Lady (to place)
Strength10/10
Date11/06/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.57 (Back)
ReasoningThis opening race is an interesting contest but I think it is between only 3 horses. Newbay Lady, Grand Slam Hero and Guerilla. The safest option however has to be Newbay Lady who won easier than his 1L margin suggested last time. That was over 3m1f and the drop to 2m4f should definetly suit this horse better today. Sue Smiths stable also continue to thrive in outstanding form and with conditions to suit its hard to see this horse not getting involved in the finish in what is a relatively weak contest.
SportHorse Racing
Event2.50 Perth
SelectionBobs Buster (to place)
Strength10/10
Date11/06/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.14 (Back)
Reasoning9 runners line up for this contest but in all honesty, in my eyes it looks like a 3 horse race with Karo De Vincy, Clouding Over and Bobs Buster. Bobs Buster appeals as cracking value on the place market. He won just 7 days ago at Southwell and although this is slightly tougher, conditions will suit him and he should at least finish in the top three.

• 2 weeks later...

SportHorse Racing
Event2.50 Kelso
SelectionCoy Lad (to place)
Strength10/10
Date25/06/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.12 (Back)
ReasoningThis selling handicap hurdle doesnt look a great race and features mostly exposed types. One that catches the eye has to be the Pauline Robson trained Coy Lad. He is nicely weighted over hurdles off a mark of 81 and finished third at Catterick last time out off this mark when over the smaller obstacles, that was in a hotter race than this one and odds against for him to place looks a sterling bet.
SportHorse Racing
Event3.50 Hexham
SelectionCivil Gent (to place)
Strength10/10
Date25/06/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.54 (Back)
ReasoningA very competitive staying handicap chase with alot of inform types including Silver Dagger and Bafana Boy. Those two are shooting up the weights though and a less exposed type that could take a hand is Civil Gent. He won at the course last time out and looks the type to keep improving as he is very lightly raced. The step up in trip is sure to suit him and he is way overpriced to place at 6/4.
SportHorse Racing
Event4.50 Hexham
SelectionDunguaire Lady (to place)
Strength10/10
Date25/06/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.80 (Back)
ReasoningA competitive little novices hurdle to end the day at Hexham. When I say competitive not every runner has a chance but it is very tight between the top 5 in the market. The favourite is Random Native but he is way to short for me as he is a horse that can win and then run no race next time out. He won well last time but I wouldnt back on it again here. Dunguaire Lady is the interesting one. He is a very consistent type who has yet to win in 22 starts but never runs a bad race. He always seems to be in the top 4 and with this race well within his class today I cant see him not being involved in the placings.

SportHorse Racing
Event8.20 Chepstow
SelectionHanella (Each-Way)
Strength3/10
Date26/06/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Paddy Power @ 12.00 (Back)
ReasoningShowed no promise first time out but shone last time at Goodwood when finishing 6th in a 16 runner maiden and was beaten just 4 lengths. This is a much weaker maiden tonight and this horse looks overpriced. He probably is one for the future but with the ground in his favour he should run into a place and looks smashing each value at 11/1.

SportHorse Racing
Event3.40 Worcester
SelectionHirvine (to place)
Strength10/10
Date28/06/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.84 (Back)
ReasoningA very attractive price for Hirvine to place here. Peter Bowens charge drops hugely in grade today and is back off a mark of 135. He does need to return back to form to win but he has had a nice break to freshen him up and also has the services of the best in the business, AP McCoy. 2.84 to place is an insult and the wheelbarrow should be piled on imo.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Horseracing - Building The Bank After a break Im back in work today:

SportHorse Racing
Event3.15 Bath
SelectionGrave Matters (to place)
Strength10/10
Date10/07/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.64 (Back)
ReasoningA pretty skinny price here for the Johnston runner to place but all in all it looks a stick on. This horse finished 5th last time over 12 furlongs and that trip was too far for him. The drop to 10furlongs will suit as he finished 3rd over the trip a few starts ago behind a useful horse called Fyvie. This is not a hot race and its very hard to see him not finishing in the places.
SportHorse Racing
Event3.30 Musselburgh
SelectionKyle Of Localsh (to place)
Strength10/10
Date10/07/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.94 (Back)
ReasoningThis is quite a competitive handicap but Kyle Of Localsh at 1.94 to place is magnificent value. The horse has run 7 times at the course, winning on 2 occasions and placing on 3 occasions. He has been in grand form of late and with conditions in his favour this afternoon he should get involved in the finish. It does look competitive in numbers but if you look at a few of his rivals more closely there is no reason why Kyle Of Localsh shouldnt be in the first three here.
SportHorse Racing
Event4.30 Musselburgh
SelectionColonel Cotton (to place)
Strength10/10
Date10/07/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.94 (Back)
ReasoningThis is a seriously great bet. This horse is really really well handicapped and used to be a very useful sprinter. Off a mark of 72 these days this horse is just waiting to run up a sequence in this lesser class. His run over 6 furlongs last time was poor but he had no chance from the wrong side of the track on that occasion. He had previously finished just 1L behind Glencairn Star who runs again today but Colonel Cotton is weighted to reverse the form easily. Should be involved in the finish and will win imo.

SportHorse Racing
Event8.10 Uttoxeter
SelectionBroke Road (to place)
Strength10/10
Date11/07/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.18 (Back)
ReasoningThis is my nap of the day. Heather Daltons Broke Road is getting on in age now but he still remains a fairly decent animal. This 2m on fast ground tonight will suit this horse to perfection. He runs off a mark of 98 and on some of his old form, he is very well handicapped off that mark. He didn't stay last time out when a distant 3rd over 2m4f and the return to the minimum trip will suit tonight. It is a fairly competitive race but this fella has ticks in all the right boxes and has run well at this course before. Dicky Johnson takes the ride and its hard to see him not being involved in the finish.

SportHorse Racing
Event2.00 Newmarket
SelectionPearly Wey (to place)
Strength10/10
Date12/07/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 4.50 (Back)
Reasoning7/2 is a very tempting price for this horse to place here. With 4 places I can see him taking a big hand in this contest. He was a progressive horse until he dissapointed last time out but his run that day can be blamed for his bad draw as he raced on the slower ground of the track. He gets a turn in the weights with a few of these today and as he is well drawn and will relish the conditions he is hugely overpriced and we should take advantage. Clive Cox has also stated he will run a big race today and his run last time out should be ignored.
SportHorse Racing
Event2.35 Newmarket
SelectionSilk Blossom (to place)
Strength10/10
Date12/07/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.95 (Back)
ReasoningRan a cracker at Ascot despite being badly drawn. Only has 1.5L to find with Sander Camillo and that is not impossible as this course will suit Silk Blossom just as she shown when she won here on her debut. Nearly evs to place is a smashing bet as most of the opposition have question marks over them whereas this one is proven and will improve even further.
SportHorse Racing
Event3.10 Newmarket
SelectionNannina
Strength10/10
Date12/07/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.15 (Back)
ReasoningIm taking a big risk here in taking on Soviet Song. Dont get me wrong, I love Soviet Song but I feel she is coming to the end of her tether. She beat a poor Group 2 field at Royal Ascot whereas this young improving 3yr old Nannina slaughtered one of the best Coronation Stakes field we have ever seen. Nannina gets a vital weight allowance today and will relish the quicker conditions more than soviet song. 3.15 is far too big to ignore and represents better value than just 6/5 about soviet song.