** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Horseracing - Building The Bank

I have a main building the bank system thread but am creating this one just for my racing selections as that is what the system really concentrates on. I mainly focus on jumps racing as you have probably noticed. Anyway the stats so far are as follows since I started this system on the 20th April: 72 Bets 32 Winners Profit: +218.00pts!! I must admit this is my most succesful system to date, long may it continue. Our 2 bets today were: Petolinski to place at 2.70. Petolinski actually won so our profit here was 17pts. Just A Splash to place at 2.50. The favourite for this race Penneyrose Bay was withdrawn so my place bet was reduced to the price of 1.78 which I was still fairly happy about. He finished 2nd and another 7.80pts profit was in the bag. As I said the system is mainly for horseracing and especially national hunt racing however I will still have the odd football bet which I will post up in the normal thread. :ok

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Horseracing - Building The Bank

SportHorse Racing
Event3.20 Kelso
SelectionOne Sniff
Strength10/10
Date09/05/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Paddy Power @ 2.75 (Back)
ReasoningThis looks a very interesting contest at Kelso this afternoon. One Sniff has slight favouritism at the moment and I beleive he should be shorter. One Sniff is a 7yr old but yet has raced just twice under rules. He once was a very decent pointer before joining Nicky Richards and obviously needed plenty of time to come to hand. He was always up against it on his debut but finished a gallant 2nd behind Denman at Bangor. Last time out he won under a battling ride by Tony Dobbin over Course & Distance. He may not have beaten too much that day but Supremes Legacy who was 2L back in 2nd has since won so the form is not too bad. Richards and Dobbin are a partnership to be reckoned with and especially up at Northern tracks. His main rival today is the Nicky Henderson trained Herakles. Herakles ran just 7 days ago finishing 4th in a very hot race at Sandown. However Henderson has not been in the best of form recently and has not had 1 winner from his last 22 runners. Herakles also gives weight all round here. He did win a few handicaps earlier in the season but they were only average races in my opinion. He has also had quite a hard season as he has been out 7 times whereas One Sniff has had just 2 races. One Sniff has the more scope for improvement and should hold too much aces for Herakles in my opinion today.

SportHorse Racing
Event4.20 Kelso
SelectionWee Dinns
Strength10/10
Date09/05/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.80 (Back)
ReasoningYoung improving horse over jumps. This was a very decent horse on the level winning a few small handicaps but last time out when he won he looked like a real improver over hurdles. 2 starts ago he threw away a winning chance when edging all over the course after hitting the front. Last time out things were put right. Tom Scudamore brought him with a smooth run next to the rail which was the key. He quickened away and beat a decent field in good style by 4 lengths. Today the ground is fast which is in his favour and I presume Scudamore will bring him up the near running rail at Kelso when they jump the last which is the favoured place to be. He is up 7lbs from his win last time out but that is only fair and the horse should progress even further today against some fairly modest opposition. Sunday City is the only one that appeals to me but he is a strong front runner and could set the race up for Wee Dinns.

SportHorse Racing
Event5.50 Kelso
SelectionBedlam Boy
Strength10/10
Date10/05/2006
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ SP (Back)
ReasoningA very weak maiden hurdle to get the evening under way at Kelso but it looks to have a very solid favourite in it with the Nicky Richards trained Bedlam Boy. This horse has run just twice in 2 bumpers finishing 3rd and 4th respectably. That form stands head and shoulders above his opposition here. He has been off for 4 months and no doubt will have been well schooled for his hurdles debut being part of the strong team of Nicky Richards. His main danger in the market is the newcomer Humurous who was decent on the flat. However Brian Storey isn't known for getting one ready first time out over hurdlers. My Best Secret also looks a danger but hasn't done much yet and its significant that Tony Dobbin is on the richards horse rather than the lungo one. Basically I think if Bedlam Boy jumps, he wins.
SportHorse Racing
Event7.50 Kelso
SelectionPremier Dane
Strength10/10
Date10/05/2006
ReasoningIm plumping for the team of Richards and Dobbin yet again here. This looks a 2 horse race now with the withdrawal of The Dukes Speech due to the ground. We know have Premier Dane and Circassian as the 2 big ones left in this. Premier Dane for me is head and shoulders above Circassian. He ran a great 2nd last time out at Aintree behind Detroit City and finished ahead of some useful horses that day. Circassian was decent on the flat but his past few performances have been nothing to write home about although he will like this faster ground this evening. Both horses will love the ground but Nicky Richards is in much better form and has been all season than Howard Johnson and although Premier Dane can be a tricky customer he should be held up to come with a late challenge according to my system he is already home and hosed.
SportHorse Racing
Event8.50 Kelso
SelectionWatch My Back
Strength10/10
Date10/05/2006
ReasoningMy final bet of the day is yet again for the team of Nicky Richards and Tony Dobbin. This is a newcomer here for Richards and he does very well in bumpers. There is plenty of non runners in this and Watch My Back looks a very useful horse on breeding. He is bred by a fast ground winning pointer/hunter chaser so this fast ground should be spot on for him this evening. Tony Dobbin is on board suggesting this is a fairly useful horse. Simply cannot have it beat.

Sport Horse Racing
Event8.40 Wetherby
SelectionTiger Frog
Strength3/10
Date11/05/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 13.50 (Back)
ReasoningThis is a smashing value bet tonight. Tiger Frog is back down to a very respectable mark for this race and the last time he won he was 2lb higher than this mark off 99 which he races off tonight. The horse has run well at the course before also and will like the fast ground. The layers have overpriced this one and I make him a 6/1 shot tonight. Phil Kinsella is a capable conditional and he should give us a good run for our money.
SportHorse Racing
Event7.05 Wetherby
SelectionCobbet
Strength5/10
Date11/05/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 5.20 (Back)
ReasoningBack in his old days Cobbet would walk all over these rivals he faces tonight. However he has lost his way a little and is back on a mark of 115 tonight. He has been off the track for 4 months but that doesnt worry me as Tom George is in grand form and this horse is known to run well coming back from a break. This is a significant drop in class and he should take the beating as long as he is in the correct mood.
SportHorse Racing
Event7.40 Wetherby
SelectionDouble Gin
Strength3/10
Date11/05/2006
ReasoningDouble Gin should go off at around 8/1 for this race tonight but on reality he should be half those odds. His run last time was a very fair run when he finished a well beaten 3rd in a novice hurdle. I say well beaten, it was 16lengths but it was a much stronger race than this tonight. Willie Amos is a very shrewd trainer and this one has better form than most in this race tonight. He is overpriced and a small win bet should give us a good run for our money.

SportHorse Racing
Event7.05 Wetherby
SelectionCobbet (to place)
Strength6/10
Date11/05/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.92 (Back)
ReasoningI have backed this to win but am having a small place bet aswell. Basically if this horse is in the mood he should win tonight but a small 6pt place bet covers our win bet. He really is a classy horse, is well handicapped and surely cannot be out of the first three here and I expect him to win in all honesty.
SportHorse Racing
Event7.40 Wetherby
SelectionDouble Gin (to place)
Strength10/10
Date11/05/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.00 (Back)
Reasoning2/1 for this horse to place is giving away money in my opinion. My system reckons this one will win tonight and aswell as backing it to win ive had a large place bet on at 2/1. It finished 3rd last time out and the opposition in this race here are very moderate indeed. I really cannot see this horse not being involved in the finish and 2/1 for a place is free money.
_________________________________________________________ Expecting another place bet on Kings Frog in the 8.40 at Wetherby but waiting for a decent price to come through on betfair, not enough liquidity on the place market for that race at the mo. :ok

SportHorse Racing
Event8.40 Wetherby
SelectionTiger Frog (to place)
Strength10/10
Date11/05/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 4.00 (Back)
ReasoningThis yet again is a mammoth bet imo. 3/1 for this horse to place is screaming value. I have also got the win bet on and it will definetly go close according to my system. Is well weighted and has been given a serious chance by the handicapper. Won't lack fitness as ran on the flat just the other day and the odds of 3/1 to place on betfair is outstanding value. Ive snapped that up as I can't see it not being involved in the finish even at double figure odds.

Re: Horseracing - Building The Bank No qualifiers for Friday so have a day off. :) This is how the system is doing: 82 Bets 37 Winners Profit: +272.20pts!! I really cannot beleive how well this is doing. By far this is my most succesful system to date and I hope to keep it going. Back tomorrow lads, Cheers

SportHorse Racing
Event2.20 Hexham
SelectionLetham Air to place
Strength10/10
Date13/05/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.28 (Back)
ReasoningOn my system Letham Air looks a cracking place bet at 2.28. This horse knows how to win a race at least unlike most of the others in this race and he won well last time out under Dougie Costello. The first time blinkers worked that day and they are applied again today. Ballybrakes from the Richards yard would have finished a tired 2nd last time were it not for a heavy fall at the final flight, he looks a big danger but represents no value. All in all Letham Air isn't against much today and 2.28 to place looks a gift as its hard to see him out the first three.

SportHorse Racing
Event5.50 Towcester
SelectionBrads House (to place)
Strength10/10
Date15/05/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.52 (Back)
ReasoningI normally look for decent value but on using my system here Brads House is miles clear of his rivals in this contest. 1.52 to place is just above 1/2 and in all honesty its not a bad price considering the level of competition in this contest. Art Virginia has shown nothing much so far, Hero Again is the same wereas Considine is only the price he is because of the form of Charlie Mann. Brads House was a good 2nd last time and possibly could have won had his rider not dropped his whip coming to the last. Brads House was a good yardstick on the flat and competed in decent handicaps around 12 to 14 furlongs so this 2m5f trip wont be a problem tonight. Im hammering into the place bet even at 1/2 as it really should be like printing money.

SportHorse Racing
Event6.30 Perth
SelectionGlingerbank
Strength10/10
Date17/05/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.10 (Back)
ReasoningTony Dobbin and Nicky Richards are the men to follow at Perth and Glingerbank looks a very tempting price in the opening maiden hurdle. This horse ran as green as grass first time out 2 months ago yet still finished an honourable 3rd behind Water Taxi and Arctic Echo. That form is pretty solid within itself. Glingerbank was beaten just 3 lengths by Water Taxi and will have improved massively for that run imo. This is not a hot race here, Richards has 3 running but Dobbin is on Glingerbank and that is significant. The Irish Challenger Beneficial Guest looks interesting but he hasn't shown anything so far that would make me back him. Glingerbank is a great price and should take all the beating.
NOTE: Also be back in around an hour with another few bets, waiting on more liquidity to come into the betfair markets first.

Re: Horseracing - Building The Bank Update on how we are going, the answer is very very good. :D 85 Bets 40 Winners Profit: +311.20pts!! For the first time I really am starting to make serious money from racing using this system. Can't beleive it and Im confident it will keep on going. :)

Update on how we are going, the answer is very very good. :D 85 Bets 40 Winners Profit: +311.20pts!! For the first time I really am starting to make serious money from racing using this system. Can't beleive it and Im confident it will keep on going. :)
Outstanding work SB.:clap Long may it continue.:ok

SportHorse Racing
Event6.10 Aintree
SelectionMuckle Flugga
Strength10/10
Date19/05/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.60 (Back)
ReasoningA very very tempting price for Muckle Flugga tonight at Aintree. This is Nicky Richards only runner of the meeting and Tony Dobbins only ride. That is a tip in itself. On my system Muckle Flugga should win this race. She won 2 races at this time of year last season and seems to come to hand around this time. She hinted a return to form last time out when finishing 2nd behind Brooklyn Brownie in a nice race at Perth. If repeating that form she should win here. She is off a 3lb higher mark but that still shoudn't hinder her chances as she has run just 14 times so is still relatively inexposed. Treaty Flyer looks a big danger but Muckle Flugga appeals from a better stable and all in all just looks very well in indeed.