ATP TMS Rome & WTA Berlin/Prague 8th-14th May

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP TMS Rome & WTA Berlin/Prague 8th-14th May Was banking on Wawrinka handling Gonzo's serve like he did Ivo's the other week, knew it was a long shot, worth the risk. I didn't see Santoro winning though, that match was built for Monaco to take. All was looking well when Seppi lost, guess karma went against me. Monaco gets broken ... twice in a row (Monaco was 2-0, then went 4-2 iirc). Ljubicic lost the TB, sigh. Yeah, banking on Seppi folding, though next time I'll try to debate it prematch. It would have made an interesting discussion. Talking about folding, I'm actually thinking about backing Coria :lol. (tomorrow, no further)

Re: ATP TMS Rome 8th-14th May

You can get 1.04 at many bookies and pay no commision + if you use Hills you will not get burned if Fedex gets injured and retires as bet will be void.
Appreciate your concern, and I give you my thanks, will look into the terms as you are right about the outside chance of an injury etc.:cheers Will be dining on the finest blossom hill red tonight,......thanks fedex.....:drums

Re: ATP TMS Rome & WTA Berlin/Prague 8th-14th May I love this one....

SportTennis
EventATP Rome
SelectionO ROCHUS v Baghdatis
Strength10/10
Date09/05/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.62 (Back)
ReasoningGreat little spot for Rochus here. The price is so high because people think he will be possibly unmotivated and definately tired after his win in Munich last week. However, I really don't think that will be the case. He only had one 3 set match last week, and also he's had a bit of time off before that - in April he only played a Davis Cup rubber and 2 rounds in Monte Carlo so he should've been pretty rested at the start of last week. Also, I've been looking into his performances in tournaments following reaching a final; There are 8 in total since 2000 and the following week he has (starting with the most recent) - reached semi final Stockholm, reached 4th round Aussie Open, 3rd round Indian Wells, semi final challenger, quarter final challenger, 2nd round Toyko (also a surface change) and won a Davis Cup rubber. So you can see that every week after he's reached a final he's done well. I think that alone, and the fact he's in good form at the moment, make him a great play here. Baghdatis has done nothing since the Aussie Open, and has been struggling with a couple of injurys. In his only outing on clay this year in Houston (not real clay!!) he struggled against Witten then had to retire against Spadea. This is his first match on European clay and this is a big disadvantage. Looking at his record he is 15-13 on clay lifetime however that is heavily distorted by playing Davis Cup against people I think I could give a good game ;-). Ignoring Davis Cup he is 5-10 but again the quality is awful, only 3 of those matches have been against players in the top 100! Bottom line is he is really uncomfortable on clay and will have a lot of problems here. I just can't see him winning this, and the odds are very generous.

Re: ATP TMS Rome & WTA Berlin/Prague 8th-14th May I'm not sure about a lot of the matches tomorrow, I like the look of Stepanek, Roddick and Ferrero but the prices all seem a little tight. I also have visions of a few tie breaks in those games, which make them less appealing. The Coria game will be fun, for some reason I hope he can get it back together soon:ok

Re: ATP TMS Rome & WTA Berlin/Prague 8th-14th May (15)Thomas Johansson (SWE) vs Fabio Fognini (ITA) 10pts @ 1.83 I feel like such an *ss for doing this, but I have to. ToJo has said that he's not 100% in the eye yet. He doesn't have any match fitness, his record and playing time for the year is very subpar. I think he may using this as a guage to see where he's at to decide on the french. Fognini is making his second attempt on doing something here. He lost to Montanes in qualifications last year. Understandable. Coming into this tourny he's beaten Djokovic and Sabau. I can't see him winning this one, though if he does - money well spent. The local has a running chance on a surface he's already played on twice this week. On the side : I personally love watching ToJo play, and I hate betting against him. Since I have Blewitt and FullofPuss as home ATP players, since I haven't been home in the US for a few years to support that side of the pond. ToJo is one of my favs.

Re: ATP TMS Rome & WTA Berlin/Prague 8th-14th May Olivier Rochus (BEL) vs Marcos Baghdatis 4pts @ 2.5 There is no questioning that Rochus on paper should win this, but before the injury Marcos had excellent form. So I'm taking the dog in this one for a few reasons. Questioning Rochus fitness after playing all of last week and wondering if he can handle being tested after a series of lackluster opponents. There tends to be a trend of event winners not following it up well in the next tourny, unless of course, your last name is Federer or Nadal. I would have liked odds of 1.3 v 3, but anytime Marcos is on there is going to be a lot of public pace behind him.

Re: ATP TMS Rome & WTA Berlin/Prague 8th-14th May Hidalgo has a chance against "Mr Serve" Coria tonight, though I'm waiting for better odds if they present. Would take 2.75 or better to part with my cash. Hidalgo did beat Coria last time they met, but I can't see Coria going out first round in back to back events. Hidalgo didn't present well last week either.

Re: ATP TMS Rome & WTA Berlin/Prague 8th-14th May

Olivier Rochus (BEL) vs Marcos Baghdatis 4pts @ 2.5 There is no questioning that Rochus on paper should win this, but before the injury Marcos had excellent form. So I'm taking the dog in this one for a few reasons. Questioning Rochus fitness after playing all of last week and wondering if he can handle being tested after a series of lackluster opponents. There tends to be a trend of event winners not following it up well in the next tourny, unless of course, your last name is Federer or Nadal. I would have liked odds of 1.3 v 3, but anytime Marcos is on there is going to be a lot of public pace behind him.
Olivier Rochus was amazing in Munchen last week...way too good on his serve and fantastic backhand...He should really have too much for Baghdatis IMO.

Re: ATP TMS Rome & WTA Berlin/Prague 8th-14th May Im not really interested in yield, more the strike rate, if your bet wins a match....you dont lose your money. Ferrer v ACASUSO WIN

FEDERER v Chela WIN

STARACE v Tursunov WIN (hahahahha….zoolander freak)

F.VERDASCO v Bolelli Play today Yesterdays Gains and losses:

MarketOpen dateProfit/loss (£)
Tennis / Starace v Tursunov : Match Odds08-May-06 21:00 1.67
Tennis / Federer v Chela : Match Odds08-May-06 13:15 144.77
Tennis / Serra v Blake : Match Odds08-May-06 13:15 2.67
Tennis / Almagro v Massu : Match Odds08-May-06 13:15 0.95
Tennis / Ferrer v Acasuso : Match Odds08-May-06 12:00 -1.04
Tennis / Hrbaty v Ljubicic : Match Odds08-May-06 12:00 -2.00
Tennis / Monaco v Santoro : Match Odds08-May-06 12:00 9.91
Tennis / Youzhny v Seppi : Match Odds08-May-06 12:00 1.94
Tennis / First Round Matches : Bychkova v Smashnova08-May-06 09:00 1.87
Tennis / First Round Matches : Bartoli v Kanepi08-May-06 09:00 3.04
Tennis / First Round Matches : Peer v Frankova08-May-06 09:00 10.64
Profit and Loss is shown net of commission.
All times are UKT spacer.gif ? spacer.gifunless otherwise stated.
spacer.gif

Re: ATP TMS Rome & WTA Berlin/Prague 8th-14th May Hi guys, We continue with the following picks: WTA TOUR, BERLIN, VOLANDRI TO D MURRAY @ 1.46 on pinnacle WTA TOUR, BERLIN, DANIILIDOU TO D KOUKALOVA @ 1.67 on betfair MULLER TO D CRAYBAS @ 2.2 on ladbrokes MEDINA GARRIGUES TO D PANOVA @ 1.21 on pinnacle Volandri is generally recognized as one of the top 20 claycourtes and will be playing in front of the home supporters, while Murray has not proven any clay court expertise at all, losing to players like Lisnard lately. After two below-average seasons Daniilidou is coming back to form in 2006, while Koukalova is playing average at the most. The two meet recently in Antwerp and Daniilidou destroyed Koukalova 6:4, 6:1. Martina Muller has one 14 out of her last 16 matches, winning two lesser level tournaments and defeating several top 100 players, while Craybas as most Americans really struggles on clay. Panova was 0-9 in 2006 before winning the qualies here. Medina Garrigues is definetely a level or two above, and especially on slow clay surface. www.WinningTipster.com

SportTennis
EventRome ATP
SelectionNADAL v Moya (Nadal Win)
Strength10/10
Date09/05/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.10 (Back)
Reasoning1:No brainer in the form stakes, this kid is hot to trot at the moment. Unsure if he can do the hatrick over fedex if he gets to the final but should easily over come Moya 2:Won last two tournaments on clay and is looking unbeatable (except when he played jarrko) so there is a warning that this kid does have a weakness in his game. Nothing much to add with this one, but not lumping just in case.
SportTennis
EventRome ATP
SelectionGAUDIO v Malisse
Strength10/10
Date09/05/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.25 (Back)
Reasoning1:The odds are heavily in favour of Gaudio but IMO this will be a close match up. The rankings are 8 v 41 in favour of Gaudio. 2:Gaudio far better player of the two and 7 more career titles to his name. Not much more to say, just got that gutt feeling that Gaudio will win. Nuff said.
SportTennis
EventRome ATP
SelectionHENMAN v Di Mauro
Strength10/10
Date09/05/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.14 (Back)
ReasoningFor a start let me say I dont buy in to this Tim Henman mania stuff....he is an average player that saves his best for wimbledon in the vain hope he can do something. The new darling is murray anyway..... Onto the reasoning: 1:Tiny Tim always wins the odd match, this is the one for this tournament. 2:Far better stats than his opponent, but as we know with Rudski v Robredo, counts for nowt sometimes. 3:Will be a close one with Di Mauro being on his home turf but with 2.14 I will bang a twenty on the result going Henmans way. Nuff said
SportTennis
EventRome ATP
SelectionO ROCHUS v Baghdatis
Strength10/10
Date09/05/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.66 (Back)
Reasoning1:Everyone is on this one so no need for repeating the reasons. Check out the thread started by Mr I. Nuff said
SportTennis
EventRome ATP
SelectionNALBANDIAN v Vicente (Nal win)
Strength10/10
Date09/05/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.13 (Back)
Reasoning1: Another David v Goliath scenario ON PAPER, Nalbandian is in good form and has the stats to be top heavy favourite. 2: ATP rankings 3 v 89 and tournament winner this year for Nalbandian 3: Head to Head winning 2-1 both on clay, albeit a few years ago. But as he is playing so well on clay this year, would normally be a lumper, but will see how match pans out as may be tired from last tournament. Watch and see with this one for lumping but will be Nalbandian win in the end. Nuff said
Lets have a great day peeps!! Already £39 in the black from first punt of the day:
TennisShowing 1 - 1 of 1 markets
Tennis / First Round Matches : Czink v Serra Zanetti09-May-06 09:00 39.36
spacer.gif

Re: ATP TMS Rome 8th-14th May

Federer is not likely to beat Nadal. If Nadal is to lose, it will have nothing to do with Federer. can't wait till nadal plays federer again, its like free money. He totally owns him, Federer can't even beat him on hardcourt, and on clay its a forgone conclusion.
Be careful my friend.....Nadal is on fire but he nearly blew it against Jarrko Nieman and Fedex is the best there is currently, so I wouldnt endorse free money, it will be a close game imo.:dude

Re: ATP TMS Rome & WTA Berlin/Prague 8th-14th May Don't have much time to make confidence bets. Decided to play on some odds against liability players. All liabilities are based around bad performances previous here at Rome, or following solid performances at Rome with average peformances. All 4pt stakes Berdych (CZE) v Srichaphan (THA) @ 5.3 - Berdych is 0-2 in the only two years he's been here and doesn't have the form that he did last year. Safin (RUS) v Gabashvili (RUS) @ 4.2 - Safin is 5-5 out of the last 10 and losing to a couple sub 150 ranked players. 6-4 on clay. Gabashvili is on his first trip to Rome, but seemed to sprint through quallies. Coria (ARG) v Hidalgo (ESP) @ 2.54 - Coria's dramas are obvious, so I won't hash them out again. Hidalgo has beaten him once, though his recent performances have sucked. di Mauro (ITA) v Henman (GBR) @ 2.12 - This may be di Mauro's home court, but he's 0-3 playing in this tourny. Henman is a liability in his own, however he's 5-5 and has been to the 16 the past two years. May have more down the track. Just trying out something new. First rounds tend to be more about liabilities than stats. Ivan had a poor record at Rome, and a questionable record on clay. Used stats to see past that one, see how this one goes.

Re: ATP TMS Rome & WTA Berlin/Prague 8th-14th May Decided to take this one

SportTennis
EventATP Rome
SelectionFERRERO v Mathieu
Strength10/10
Date09/05/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.54 (Back)
ReasoningI think this is a decent price to take, as most bookies go 1.4 or 1.44. Ferreros form, whilst still not great, it is improving a bit. He had a couple of good performances in Monte Carlo and again in Barcelona so I think he's good for a couple of rounds here at least. He has a good record of 13-3 at this tournament although he hasn't played here for the past couple of years. But this play is more about opposing Mathieu. In Monte Carlo he lost to Coria after being 6-1 5-1 up which was truly shocking and then in Barcelona he beat a couple of poor players before losing to Stepanek after winning the first set 6-1. Obvious mental issues here and in no way can he trusted to beat a decent player. His record on clay is very average, he's 9-10 in the past 12 months, and I expect Ferrero to be able to dominate this one from the back. £747 available.

Re: ATP TMS Rome & WTA Berlin/Prague 8th-14th May The odds on Fognini are really coming in! On Betfair quite a bit matched at above evens, now down to 1.68! My qualifiers system got him at 2.00 last night at Ladbrokes, now they aren't taking bets on it anymore:lol :lol Good luck today guys, nice to have some action in the Tennis thread:ok

Berdych (CZE) v Srichaphan (THA) @ 5.3 - Berdych is 0-2 in the only two years he's been here and doesn't have the form that he did last year. :eek unlucky friend
It's ok, out of those 4 I'm 2-1 and won't take a loss. Yesterday the main players who were favorites and lost had a trend of having a bad history here at Rome. Ljubicic was one of those cases. Glad Berdych won that quick and easy, would have sucked if it was close. The livescore played up a bit towards the end of the match so I'm not too sure on this. Hidalgo in the middle of the second set had a first serve of 48% for the match. His play was absolutely shocking. This is the second time I've said this in the past week - Coria lost that match more than Hidalgo won it. Safin or Gabashvili should not have a problem with him in the next round. Hopefully 'beating Coria' may inflate the prices a bit, will see in a while.

Re: ATP TMS Rome & WTA Berlin/Prague 8th-14th May Good day so far so good.....

Tennis / Lopez v Stepanek : Match Odds09-May-06 12:00 6.89
Tennis / Gaudio v Malisse : Match Odds09-May-06 12:00 -2.00
Tennis / Srichaphan v Berdych : Match Odds09-May-06 12:00 0.15
Tennis / Henman v Di Mauro : Match Odds09-May-06 12:00 31.24
Tennis / Coria v Ramirez H : Match Odds09-May-06 12:00 2.82
Tennis / First Round Matches : Dechy v Zheng09-May-06 11:45 1.39
Tennis / First Round Matches : Radwanska v Loit09-May-06 10:15 5.71
Tennis / First Round Matches : Czink v Serra Zanetti09-May-06 09:00 39.36
spacer.gif

Re: ATP TMS Rome & WTA Berlin/Prague 8th-14th May Dont trust Ferrero, too unpredictable, scraped through previously with him, but put my ticker through the paces.......Ive backed Matty on this one, only few quid though...as i said about Nadal....not invincible by anymeans, will probalby win the match though. My advice right now...stick £20 on nadal win inplay at 1.25 betfair

Dont trust Ferrero' date=' too unpredictable, scraped through previously with him, but put my ticker through the paces.......Ive backed Matty on this one, only few quid though...as i said about Nadal....not invincible by anymeans, will probalby win the match though. My advice right now...stick £20 on nadal win inplay at 1.25 betfair[/quote'] Not being authoritative by any means just a word of caution. Might pay to mention the bets before the actual event starts. From experience and following the tennis threads people here generally don't care. However, in other sports it can turn into a big ordeal over something that is quite small. Just keepin' ya drama free:ok Obviously the third set is a decider set so it's doubtful the current situation will stand - but if these third sets end the way the second ones have, a lot! of people are going to have bad days. Ferrero I can see losing, he is a risk. Nadal and Nalby having dramas at the same time, that's going to blindside a lot of people. Heck, the market 2-0 set bets would have been huge. Considering how low the win odds were. Berdych is play'in Coria in the doubles :lol.