** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

ATP TMS Rome & WTA Berlin/Prague 8th-14th May

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP TMS Rome & WTA Berlin/Prague 8th-14th May Thanks guys:ok. Being a little more aggresive with this one:

SportTennis
EventATP Rome
SelectionLAY MONFILS v Roddick (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date12/05/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.68 (Lay)
ReasoningI've been pretty impressed with Roddick so far, he's getting the job done even with a dodgy clay court game. Monfils as I've mentioned several times has had an awful run this year. He's looked a bit better in this tournament, but he had a lot of problems against Ginepri and that is very very poor. I also think tactically this could be a good match up for Roddick, with Monfils also operating very far back, and will drop quite a few balls should which will allow Roddick to come forward a bit more which I hope he does. H2H is 2-0 to Roddick with two easy wins. £288 available. This is just like getting 1.595 for Roddick, which is better than all bookies and the same as the 'Back' side.
Sorry it's short, but I'm going out;) Hopefully Nadal can turn it on in the 2nd:hope

Re: ATP TMS Rome & WTA Berlin/Prague 8th-14th May

can somebody say something about hingis/maurismo?? Saw the game today till it broke up but don't really know what to think of the game and who will have the better end.Can somebody help me in this one??
I was thinking about this one earlier. I think Hingis is a big price considering the situation: she was a set up and then faded a bit in the second. She was clearly happier to come off and given the questions over her fitness and stamina it has to favour her. Also, Mauresmos game is more based on timing so there's a greater chance of her being 'off' in the beginning whilst you'd expect Hingis to be more solid. However, Mauresmo still looks like she knock Hingis about a bit if she starts hot. Hingis was awful last week in crunch time against Venus and I wouldn't be too comfortable with her serving at 5-5. If I had to I'd go with Hingis but I don't fancy a 1 set shoot out;)

SportTennis
EventWTA Berlin
SelectionMAURESMO v Henin-Hardenne
Strength10/10
Date13/05/2006
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 3.25 (Back)
ReasoningSlow start this morning from Mauresmo, but she finished strongly, and if she comes out playing like she did in the end Henin will have a lot of problems. I still question Henin's fitness and she does look liable to throw in a bad one. H2H is 4-4 and a mixed bag really - Mauresmo remember won in Australia this year in the final when Henin retired. This one should be close and it's certainly a big price on a class player. Sorry it's short, had to get it in by 12:30, and the odds just came out!!

Re: ATP TMS Rome & WTA Berlin/Prague 8th-14th May Yet again another capitulation against Federer.. What hold does this man hold against his opponents? Nalbandian was one break up in the last set and in the tie break and still he looses? Amazing!

Yet again another capitulation against Federer.. What hold does this man hold against his opponents? Nalbandian was one break up in the last set and in the tie break and still he looses? Amazing!
Aye, but to be fair there were a few breaks throughout the match. Federer I think is struggling this week, not serving well, I think he's been pushed a little too much before facing Nadal. Assuming Nadal makes it through, I might fancy some Nadal 3-0 tomorrow;) :unsure.

SportTennis
EventWTA Prague
SelectionSTOSUR v Peer
Strength10/10
Date14/05/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Paddy Power @ 2.38 (Back)
ReasoningI haven't really been following this tournament closely, but checked out the market for this match. I was sure it would be about 50/50 and I think it should be so let's have a go with the outsider. Stosur has had a miserable year apart from a decent run in the Aussie Open. In this tournament has results are: W 1r Grandin Natalie 6-2 6-2 W 2r Morigami Akiko 6-2 6-1 W Qf Loit Emilie 6-4 6-3 W Sf Peng Shuai 6-1 6-3 She's completely cruised through and the last two wins are impressive. In the final she plays Peer, who is a decent young player, and she's come through this draw pretty well, but has had an easier draw than Stosur and hasn't played anyone as good as her. H2H is 1-0 to Peer with a decent win on American clay last year, but I can't help but feel this is a decent value bet.
Not sure how I'll approach the Federer/Nadal game:unsure

Re: ATP TMS Rome & WTA Berlin/Prague 8th-14th May Me neither. I think Nadal will win but he's too short at less than 1.5. I don't agree with a lot that's been written and said about Federer's form in his last 2 matches. The fact is he's beaten 2 quality, bang in-form opponents and in my opinion never really looked like losing either, despite being a break down to Nalbandian in the final set and then in the breaker. I also think being pushed so hard is a positive thing for Federer. Nadal on the other hand has breezed into the final. The reverse was true in Monte Carlo. So, in summary...I don't know. If I was serious about betting on it I'd probably go for Federer at 3.05 with a view to trading at some point but I can't really be bothered with that. I'd rather just relax and enjoy the match. I'll probably have small stakes on each to win in 5.

Re: ATP TMS Rome & WTA Berlin/Prague 8th-14th May Keeping it simple....

SportTennis
EventATP Rome
SelectionLAY FEDERER v Nadal (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date14/05/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.15 (Lay)
ReasoningWell, they meet again. Nadal has dominated this H2H leading 4-1 and the only one he's lost he was 2 sets up in! On clay it's 2-0 to Nadal with a couple of 4 set wins. To be honest, I feel he owns Federer at the moment and is truly dominant on clay for the forseeable future. This week he's look as good, if not better, than even with some cracking performances. I don't think the same can be said of Federer; yes he's beaten the very in form Almagro and Nalbandian, however, I don't think he's serving that well and it has caused him to get into a few problems when he shouldn't have. Nadal is the one most likely to exploit that and I can't see beyond another victory for him. I don't think it will be that tight either, 3-0 or 3-1 for Nadal today IMO. £203 available (someone just took a chunk down!)

Re: ATP TMS Rome & WTA Berlin/Prague 8th-14th May I just saw a WICKED bet!!! Nadal to win with handicap of -4 games with Stan James @2.10 (btw, Bet365 offer nadal -5 at only 1.90), just shows how good the Stan James odds are. I feel if Federer wins set against Nadal it will be close, like 7-6 or 6-4, whereas Nadal's set wins can be more one sided. So withHanicap of -4, means Nadal must win 5 more games than Federer in the match which I feel is more than likely.