Chester Cup on Wednesday

Anybody got any thoughts on this race? I'm on BULWARK each way. Price at Bet365 is 15.0. It finished 5th behind Mikao last time out on its seasonal reapperance. Kerrin McEvoy takes the ride and he has ridden the horse on 4 occasions winning ALL 4 times. Furthermore, they are the only 4 wins of the horses' career from 14 starts. Made even more interesting by the fact that Bulwark is not very straightfoward and often hangs badly but not when McEvoy is on board.

Re: Chester Cup on Wednesday I'll be on The Nawab if it runs. It let me down at Doncaster last year but was reported to have had a breathing problem. It's won on good to firm and soft, stays 2m, no stamina doubts and the run at Kempton behind Sirce will have blown away any cobwebs. It stayed on well that day and with an earlier run should get up at the post this time. Currently around 11-2.

Re: Chester Cup on Wednesday Got to be original but the fav GREENWICH MEANTIME could prove hard to beat @ 9/2 e/w 1st 4 so we get money back if its placed. Has won last four starts and just keeps improving. 22nd April it won a Class 5 handicap & on the 29th he won a Class 2 handicap which basically says it all about his improvement. That was a big step up in class, yet he still won with a bit in hand last time. Could still be ahead of the handicapper with his low weight. Very consistant & looks sure to be thereabouts.

Re: Chester Cup on Wednesday Im not a flat racing man as you all know but as it's a big race over a fairly long distance ive had look at the form and come up with this. This will probally have no baring on the race at all but out of the horses who have been out over jumps juring the winter Vindadoo has impressed me. Looks to be drawn well and the Cesarewitch Form looks pretty good must have an e/w squek.

Re: Chester Cup on Wednesday Had a more in-depth look into the form, I have instead now gone for a long value priced outsider @ 28/1. The fav still has a chance, but in 18 runner handicap at a tight track, I'd rather look at a decent priced e/w horse. BIG MOMENT e/w @ 28/1 William Hill Phillip Robinson takes the mount, he has won this race the last two years via Anak Pekan, so no jockey knows this course & distance better than him IMO. Big Moment has ran well in the last three renewals of this race!. In 2004 he was 3rd off a mark of 96 and last year he was 9th (only beaten 6 lengths) off a mark of 99. And also lets not forget he was runner-up in 2003 as well off 92. Today he races off mark of 89, the handicapper has given him another chance to run a huge race at a venue he likes.

Re: Chester Cup on Wednesday

The draw has no effect in the Chester Cup to be honest' date= Its run over 2miles. For the Sprints upto a mile the draw is key as you need to be on the rails for the advantage and a huge advantage it is too.
That;s right, but draw is thought to have effect even in longer races over there (might be one can get pretty inflated odds for the Gold Cup too;))

Re: Chester Cup on Wednesday

That;s right' date=' but draw is thought to have effect even in longer races over there (might be one can get pretty inflated odds for the Gold Cup too;))[/quote'] That said, there used to be a guy who used to run a successful draw-based system for all Chester meetings - some two/three years ago it started to fail to produce the goodies (also because before Chester was officially listed as a no-draw-bias couse but after that the books found out and the odds got REALLY inflated, ie. the only draw based winners you got were terribly odds on):(

Re: Chester Cup on Wednesday Vinando, Big Moment and Winged D'argent for me. Although out of form recently If Winged D'argent can return to anything like it's form of it's very good run in the gold cup at york it would have a great chance here. That is the first time it had encountered ground firmer than good which is unusual considering it's Sire handedled firm. Big Moment is proven at distance having finished 3rd in this in the past. Also have backed Vinando but someone has already give reasons so I won't bother.