Blue Square League

Hedonist

I have just received the following email from Blue Square: As a registered real money customer of Blue Square poker, you have been selected for FREE ENTRY into the first event of our new Tournament Poker League for May. The league commences on Monday May 1st with a $10 NL Hold'em tournament which has $200 added to the prize pool by Blue Square. It will run over 20 events until Saturday May 20th with the top players winning cash prizes and a seat at the £1000 Midlands Meltdown Festival, Walsall - 10th-11th June. Full Details available on our website. body_image_right.gif

Re: Blue Square League I got the same one too. Will probably enter the first one at least, always nice to get a free entry to a competition. Going by the April winners table, it looks like it might be tough to get anywhere in the league. This months winner had 82 points which equates to 6 tournament wins out of the 20. :eek I'll give it a go tho! :) Steve.

Re: Blue Square League It is $10 to everyone, they have given some players free entry to the first one hoping that we will continue to enter the later ones, the costs of which are from $5 to $50. I will play the first one and if I get in the money and the points then I will spend it on the second one and so on, if I get nowhere in the 1st then that will be my only attempt.

Re: Blue Square League Looks interesting - but 20 consecutive nights??? That'll even test my stamina :P Was won with 82 points in April (works out at an average of 4 points a game....... average of 7th place....... Have put the first event in the diary - will see how it goes :ok

Re: Blue Square League

Was won with 82 points in April (works out at an average of 4 points a game....... average of 7th place.......
Its worse than that mate.............but the good news is in Point Number 5 The league commences on Monday May 1st - Make sure you are part of the action!
  1. Players participating in the each of the 20 Blue Square Poker League tournaments between May 1st - May 20th earn points towards the league. Points are awarded as follows: 1st - 13 pts, 2nd - 10 pts, 3rd 8 pts, 4th - 7 pts, 5th - 6 pts, 6th - 5 pts, 7th - 4 pts, 8th - 3 pts, 9th 2 pts, 10th–18th – 1pt The Top 10 results from the 20 events will count towards the overall standings.
  2. The tournaments that count towards the league are the 20 Blue Square Poker League events taking place between May 1st - May 20th on bluesqpoker.com at 8.30pm BST every evening.
  3. The player with the most points at the end of the league will win $500 in cash, with 2nd and 3rd places being awarded $250 and $100 respectively.
  4. In the event of a tie for 1st place, the player with the greatest number of final table finishes over all 20 events will be deemed the winner. If players are still tied then a countback of 1st places, 2nd places etc for each player will be made until a winner is confirmed. The same rules applies for 2nd and 3rd positions.
  5. The top 18 players will also be entered into a playoff for £1000 entry to £1000 Midlands Meltdown Festival, Walsall – 10th-11th June.
  6. In the event of a tie for eighteenth place, all the players tied for eighteenth place will be invited to take part in the League Playoff. In such an event, the number of players participating in the League Playoff may exceed eighteen.

So it meant the winner actually averaged THIRD place in his 10 that counted :loon now thats some consistency :clap Although 26 points got you in the Play of last month, which is an average finish of 8th/9th over your best 10 games :hope Also 1 of the games is an Omaha which could be a giggle :lol Full details and Aprils league standings http://www.bluesq.com/bluesquare/poker/interface/html/promotions/pokerleague.shtml PL'er in Wallsal anyone?? :drums