** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Golf Euro Tour - Open de Espana

Re: Golf Euro Tour - Open de Espana Tuesday again already! Ok the Spanish Open is not the strongest events i have ever seen and apart from the usual suspects of Jimenez, Bjorn and Monty its looks wide open. Top GB Player ~ S.O'Hara 50/1 @ Paddy Power Steven O'Hara is fast making his name on the European Tour and i fancy he will soon be winning, played well here last year and has done well all this season, he just needs to cut that one bad round out of his game, we get 50/1 at Paddys, he's 33's at Betfred with 5 places, i usually advise taking the extra place but the 50/1 is too tempting. Outright ~ R.Gonzalez 18/1 @ SOdds : D. Fichardt 66/1 @ Bet365 Dont normally do outrights but with no ROW betting i'm going to back Ricardo Gonzalez, leading the low round stats on the tour, not over played this season so comes here fresher than some, played the course well before and the price is right. Darren Fichardt has not played since week 4 this year so taking a chance on his game but at 66/1 is way overpriced, class act on his day and has played well round here before, worth a small EW. Good luck guys, BH

Re: Golf Euro Tour - Open de Espana

Probably barking up the wrong tree' date='but i've taken Castano for a top5 finish,8.6 with Betfair.Just won Volvo China Open(-9,beat Stenson in p/off) and before that finished 2nd in BMW Asian Open(-7).Certainly got the form.Hope it continues:hope !!![/quote']8.8 now,moments after i place my bet,LOL!

Re: Golf Euro Tour - Open de Espana

Tuesday again already! Outright ~ R.Gonzalez 18/1 @ SOdds : D. Fichardt 66/1 @ Bet365 Dont normally do outrights but with no ROW betting i'm going to back Ricardo Gonzalez, leading the low round stats on the tour, not over played this season so comes here fresher than some, played the course well before and the price is right. Good luck guys, BH
I agree on Gonzalez he has a good record in Spain 2003 Open de Madrid and 2004 Open de Sevilla and did well in the Algarve.

Re: Golf Euro Tour - Open de Espana outsiders usually go well here - I have had a punt on gustafsson looking at course form rather than current form.

SportGolf
EventOpen de Espana
SelectionP Gustafson 1/4 1-5 (Each-Way)
Strength2/10
Date30/04/2006
Bookmaker/PriceBlue Square @ 81.00 (Back)
ReasoningGustafson enjoys playing here having won the Qualifying school in 04 by 3 shots and then losing in a playoff here last season. He has shot 4 of his last 6 rounds here under par. This is a pick based on course form as his recent form is poor.

Re: Golf Euro Tour - Open de Espana Well heres the leaderboard after the 1st 2 rounds and 2 guys I liked the look of are doing ok. No doubt they'll figure come Sunday! -12 Storm -11 Griffiths, Suneson (Spa), Karlsson (Swe), Moore (SA), Bickerton -10 Bjorn (Den), Widmark (Swe), Lara (Spa) Selected others: -8 Lane, Montgomer