** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Golf PGA Tour - Zurich Classic

Re: Golf PGA Tour - Zurich Classic New Orleans event looks very weak after you take out the top two who will be hard to beat, poor value there so will go with the following; C.Howell (without Goosen/Mickelson) EW 50/1 @ SJames This is decent value taking out the fav's, he's 80/1 to win it outright but like i said they are going to be hard to beat, first 5 places gives us down to 7th so not bad for a player who is good nick at present, he has promised so much and yet to deliver, but will one day! C.Franco Top ROW Player EW 16/1 @ Paddys Franco withdrew last week when i tipped him so not going to ignore him here against a weak ROW market. very capable player on his day and has been in good form without quite finishing off. I.Poulter Top European EW 12/1 @ Paddys Poulter has stayed in the US much longer this year to try and conquer their courses and greens, he looked very good last week so may aswell go with him while he's in the mood, most of the value seems to be gone in this market compared to teh last few events but this is ok.

Re: Golf PGA Tour - Zurich Classic

SportGolf
EventNew Orleans
SelectionB Watson 1/4 1-5 (Each-Way)
Strength1/10
Date30/04/2006
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ 151.00 (Back)
ReasoningHe is top of the Driving Distance stats and he should enjoy this Nicklaus layout where he has room off the tee. He is also ninth in greens in regulation and that is an important stat this week. The fact that he plays his second shots with shorter irons obviously helps him score well in G.I.R and if he can get some putts to drop he could play a big part. Watson was fourth at the Sony Open at the start of the year on smallish greens and also showed his ability to shoot low when 19-under gave him tied third at Tucson. Two top fours from eight starts is pretty good going sohe looks a good value punt at 150s.

Re: Golf PGA Tour - Zurich Classic Gonna go with Scott Verplank each way at 33-1. Always seems to start brightly before fading away in the latter rounds. an excellent putter(3rd best on the tour_ I'm hoping he can sustain his form for 4 rounds this time. As an aside I've also gone for: Verplank to bt Ames(Mythical 2 ball, Paddy Power) 5-4 : Paddy Power has Ames favourite to win this opening round 2- ball which I think is wrong. Verplank is ahead of Ames in all the important seasons stats: 3rd compared to 19th in the tours putting averages. 8/9 cuts made compared to 6/9, 7/9 top 25 finish's compared to 4/9. The only reason Ames is favourite is because he won the Players championship a couple of months back. No mean achievement I grant you but hes not shown much form before or since. Good luck to all.(Except Ames!)

Re: Golf PGA Tour - Zurich Classic Poulter lands the Euro bet at 12/1 but Howell loses by one shot. Franco finished 4th ROW player so is a loser. Great finish though, how that guy won is beyond me, i thought he'd thrown it away at least twice, fair play to him.

Re: Golf PGA Tour - Zurich Classic

Poulter lands the Euro bet at 12/1 but Howell loses by one shot. Franco finished 4th ROW player so is a loser. Great finish though, how that guy won is beyond me, i thought he'd thrown it away at least twice, fair play to him.
well done BH, great tipping & so close to the big one. I missed the last 4 holes due to a power cut - can you believe it!