Mlb 13/4

San Diego Padres @ Florida Marlins Marlins -1.5 2.83 (Pinnacle) 6 units FLA: LHP Jason Vargas (0-1, 9.00) SD: RHP Dewon Brazelton (0-1, 34.71) Florida has had some rough games lately, but today is an excellent spot for them to get back on Winning track. For florida, we got Promising young talent Jason Vargas starting. He went 5-5, 4.03 ERA last season. He didn't have the greatest first outing against the Mets at New York though. For Padres, starter will be Dewon Brazelton who is just poor. He is still looking for his first career road victory, going into his 5th season as a pitcher in MLB. His career numbers are 8-24 with 6.24 ERA. 1-8 last season with a ERA of 7.61, being the worst pitcher of the Devil Rays staff. He also got bombed in his San Diego debut at home against Rockies, who hammered him for 11 hits and nine earned runs in 2 1/3 innings. Vargas is a way more talented and consistent pitcher. Just need some run production from the Fish' this time and against Brazelton they should be able to put up some runs on the board. Marlins also trying to avoid the sweep here. This is the kind of game this young and revamped team should be able to take many this year.

Re: Mlb 13/4 Hoping for a better day today. Starting with....

SportMLB
EventNew York Mets (Zambrano) @ Washington Nationals (Hernandez)
SelectionWashington (Hernandez) -1.5
Strength10/10
Date13/04/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 3.00 (Back)
ReasoningGoing for a big price here, and a chance for the Nationals to avoid a sweep. The Mets have taken the first two games but with some quality pitching to keep the Nationals quiet. Up today for the Mets is Zambrano, who was really struggling towards the end of last season. He also has a strained hamstring and hasn't started yet this season. He says, "I don't know if I'm going to be 100 percent, but I'm ready to pitch and I'll start, and the way I start the game is going to tell me." Doesn't sound that great and I think he'll struggle, as he has in the past against the Nationals. He has lost both starts against them and given up a combined 11 runs in 9.1 innings. Herdandez hasn't looked too great at the start of this season, but has made 2 starts, including 1 away to the Mets, where he gave up 3 runs in 6 innings in a tight loss. He's been a solid performer for them in his 3 seasons so far, each year keeping his ERA below 4. The Nationals managed to take a game in the series at NY, and I think they can get there batting going and avoid the sweep.

Re: Mlb 13/4

SportMLB
EventOakland Athletics (Blanton) @ Minnesota Twins (Lohse)
SelectionOakland (Blanton) -1.5
Strength10/10
Date13/04/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.15 (Back)
ReasoningThe twins were struggling offensively before this series but have looked a lot better and picked up a couple of tights victories. This one should be tougher as the Athletics look to avoid the sweep. Athletics send Blanton to the mound who had a very solid rookie season last year going 12-12 with a 3.53 ERA. He's started this season strongly, away at Seattle giving up zero runs and just 2 hits in 8 kick ass innings. He was also strong against the Twins last season, giving up just 4 runs in 13 innings over 2 starts. I expect him to throw well tonight, and should be able to slow down the Twins hitting. Lohse has made 1 start this season, and it was bad, with the Indians blasting him for 8 runs in just 4.2 innings in an 11-6 loss. In 5 appearances against the Athletics he's only won once, and that was the first game in 02. Interestingly, Oakland have managed to win the last game in both of its series' so far this season, against Yankees and Seattle; whilst the Twins have lost both of theres, against Toronto and Cleveland. I think this is a great situation for Oakland to avoid the sweep.

Re: Mlb 13/4 Not going to include this in my system but surely the 4.5 for Kansas City cant be ignored. Bautista gave up only 1 hit and 1 run over 6 innings against CWS only for the bullpen to cost him the win. The Royals could also consider themselves unlucky when the Yankees managed to rally at the bottom of the 9th with 5 runs to steal the first game of this series. The Yankees could very easily walk this game but when faced with 1.25 for them or 4.5 for the Royals Id rather take the gamble on the Royals.

Not going to include this in my system but surely the 4.5 for Kansas City cant be ignored. Bautista gave up only 1 hit and 1 run over 6 innings against CWS only for the bullpen to cost him the win. The Royals could also consider themselves unlucky when the Yankees managed to rally at the bottom of the 9th with 5 runs to steal the first game of this series. The Yankees could very easily walk this game but when faced with 1.25 for them or 4.5 for the Royals Id rather take the gamble on the Royals.
Absolutely, they've had some success against the Big Unit aswell. Is anywhere offering +2.5 or +2.0 on the runline?:unsure

Absolutely' date=' they've had some success against the Big Unit aswell. Is anywhere offering +2.5 or +2.0 on the runline?:unsure[/quote'] You can move the runline using the dropdown menu at pinnacle. 2 or 2.5 is covered, howevery slightly bigger margin in non standard handicaps.

Re: Mlb 13/4 Chicago White Sox @ Detroit Tigers Tigers 1.95 (Pinnacle) 3 units Tigers alt. runline -1.5 2.95 (Pinnacle) 3 units CWS: RHP Jon Garland (0-1, 15.19 ERA) DET: RHP Justin Verlander (1-0, 1.00 ERA) Detroit trying to avoid a sweep here. They started the season 5-0, but has lost 3 last games. Yesterdays game was tight and a superb outing from White Sox starter Contreras was the difference. Todays starter Garland is not nearly as good a pitcher. He did have a career year last season, but is below .500 before that. He did have really hard time against Kansas bats in his debut, while keeping them scoreless in 4 first innings, was lit up in next 1 1/3 allowing 7 runs in that frame. He also allowed 4th most home runs last season in American League. Detroits starter Verlander is really a top young prospect. He didn't seem ready for MLB yet last season, but looks like it will be totally differen story this year. He looked like a veteran in his first Major League win last Saturday, when he held the Rangers to two hits over seven scoreless innings with seven strikeouts. He hit 100 mph on the Ameriquest Field radar gun, but more importantly mixed in his offspeed pitches for a nasty arsenal. Tigers will not give an easy sweep for the Sox here and should win this one.

Re: Mlb 13/4 Kansas City Royals @ New York Yankees Royals 4.60 (Mansion) 2 units KC: RHP Denny Bautista (0-0, 1.50 ERA) NYY: LHP Randy Johnson (1-1, 2.40 ERA) A small play on Kansas, it opened at about 4.8 last night and i was expecting the odds to go up a little, but it has come down. Still quite playable with these odds. Denny Bautista was pretty impressive in his season debut against the White sox allowing one run and one hit in 6 innings, while walking 5. Everybody knows Randy, he is damn good but he is getting old and is far from being untouchable. Royals have played pretty good baseball in the first 2 games of this series. They almost won the first game, but was really hurt by the lousy pitching and a ton of walks. Bautista has been their best starter so far and if he can go deep in the game, Kansas has a chance. They have lost 13 in a row at Yankee stadium, When will it all end? I'm trying them with these odds as there is some value.

LA Dodgers (D Lowe) @ PIT Pirates (O Perez) pick: over 8,5 @1.71 stake: 8
My single BIG pick for today too netadmin Hills over 8.5 4/5 1.8
Lowe at Dodgers and Perez at Pittsburgh both still maybe not quite firing on all cylinders. Both teams hitting above average so far. Both starters only going around 85-95 pitches and relief staff from each giving up a few too many as well. Good luck

Re: Mlb 13/4 NY Mets @ Was Nationals Pick : Was Nationals -1.5 Odd : 2.95 (Bet365) Stake : 7 SD Padres@FLA Marlins Pick : FLA Marlins -1.5 Odd : 2.75 (Bet365) Stake : 7 CHI White Sox @ DET Tigers Pick : Over 9 @2.15 Stake : 7 stake 10 good luck...

Re: Mlb 13/4 I am absolutely enthused by the Phill vs Atlanta Over 9 @1.83 Floyd - inexperienced pitcher lifetime era 6 ish Davies - era around 5. Enough power in these teams to punish mistakes. Im also looking to take on the over 8 runs in the seattle vs cleveland game. Hernandez is a great young pitcher, but he continued to go deep into his counts on his first outing.Against cleveland this could get him into troubl.Johnson pitched amazingly well on his first outing, but you are not in the lifetime high 4's era if you are always that consistent.Im therefore taking on the 8 runs. Over 8 @ 1.83 200 point double

My single BIG pick for today too netadmin Hills over 8.5 4/5 1.8
Lowe at Dodgers and Perez at Pittsburgh both still maybe not quite firing on all cylinders. Both teams hitting above average so far. Both starters only going around 85-95 pitches and relief staff from each giving up a few too many as well. Good luck
:clap 6-4 Dodgers Job Done and 4 innings to spare :ok

Re: Mlb 13/4 Seattle Mariners @ Cleveland Indians Indians -1.5 3.01 (Pinnacle) 7 units SEA: RHP Felix Hernandez (0-1, 1.80 ERA) CLE: RHP Jason Johnson (1-0, 0.00 ERA) I was on Cleveland also yesterday, they managed to lose despite scoring 9 runs, 9-11, because of a lousy outing from starter Byrd. Tonight we have Jason Johnson starting for the Indians. He was simply dominant against the Twins, holding them scoreless on four hits with a walk and two strikeouts in seven innings of work. He looked very comfortable pitching at his new home, Jacobs field and has never pitched for a winning team before in his career. This might be a good year coming up from him. For Seattle we have a young phenom Felix Hernandez starting. He wasn't bad in his first outing, holding Oakland to one run and two hits in five innings. His on a 100 pitch count, so depends on the Indians batters how long he will last. Cleveland bats has been really hot after 1st game of the season and this stacked up hitting lineup is among the top 3 in American league. Will be a hard task for Hernandez to keep the score down, especially as Cleveland hits really good against righties. Really nice odds for the runline, going for it with quite upper-medium stakes.

SportMLB
EventToronto Blue Jays (Lilly) @ Boston Red Sox (Clement)
SelectionBoston (Clement) -1.5
Strength10/10
Date13/04/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.27 (Back)
ReasoningRed Sox lost last night but I put that wholly down to an awful effort from old man Wells. Now with Clement on the mound I expect them to continue there fine start to the season and take this one. Clement gave up 4 runs in 7 innings in his first outing, however, all of the 4 were in the 7th when they were 11-0 up. Before that he looked good and comes into this one in good shape. He's struggled against the Blue Jays in the past but with the huge Red Sox offense behind him tobight, I think they can get it done. Lilly only lasted 2.1 innings in his first start, given up 4 runs at home to Tampa. He was poor last season for Toronto, with an ERA of 5.56 and doesn't look too good this season. Boston have won 13 of the last 19 meetings in Boston and I can see them taking the series comfortably in this one, especially if it turns into a slugfest.

I am absolutely enthused by the Phill vs Atlanta Over 9 @1.83 Floyd - inexperienced pitcher lifetime era 6 ish Davies - era around 5. Enough power in these teams to punish mistakes.
Think I'll use a little of the Dodgers 13-5 ( just the 9 over:D ) for a stab at this one Stevie. Braves just gotta try to put runs up 'cause if Davies gets in early trouble their relievers are really struggling to stem the runs.

Re: Mlb 13/4 Yeah I agree guys, like this over:ok

SportMLB
EventPhilidelphia Phillies (Floyd) @ Atlanta Braves (Davies)
SelectionOver 9
Strength10/10
Date13/04/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.83 (Back)
ReasoningPretty poor pitching matchp here. Floyd had an ERA 10.04 in 7 matches last season and started this season poorly giving up 5 runs in just 2.2 innings. Atlanta have the big offense to do some damage against him - in 4 career appearances against the Braves he has an ERA of 12.46! Davies isn't too hot either, ERA of 4.93 last season and an average start to this season giving up 3 runs in 5 innings in a 14-6 win against San Francisco. I think this should comfortably go over.

Think I'll use a little of the Dodgers 13-5 ( just the 9 over:D ) for a stab at this one Stevie. Braves just gotta try to put runs up 'cause if Davies gets in early trouble their relievers are really struggling to stem the runs.
:rollin Half the required 10 runs in the first 1/2 inning Phillies hitting 5 inc 3 homers ....looks promising :ok

I am absolutely enthused by the Phill vs Atlanta Over 9 @1.83 Floyd - inexperienced pitcher lifetime era 6 ish Davies - era around 5. Enough power in these teams to punish mistakes. Im also looking to take on the over 8 runs in the seattle vs cleveland game. Hernandez is a great young pitcher, but he continued to go deep into his counts on his first outing.Against cleveland this could get him into troubl.Johnson pitched amazingly well on his first outing, but you are not in the lifetime high 4's era if you are always that consistent.Im therefore taking on the 8 runs. Over 8 @ 1.83 200 point double
Quality mate, absolute quality two nights running, didn't get on this oneas was working all day/night