** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

QM Champion Chase - MOSCOW TO TURN BACK THE CLOCK!

I'm going against the general feeling towards this great horse and betting that he can produce a remarkable 4th win in theis race at the age of 12. The evidence suggests that age has finally caught up with and he is now in decline. Whilst I wouldnt deny that he isnt the horse fo old I still think he will have enough today. Lets look at his last 3 races, all of which he has been defeated in. April at Punchestown - This saw Rathgar Beau become the first horse to defeat MF, when he has completed the course - a record going back to October 2001 :eek A sign of ageing here? Im not sure - it was only 3 weeks earlier that he has run away with the Grade1 John Smiths Chase at Aintree, winning easily by 16 lengths. I dont think he becomes a weaker horse within only 3 weeks and would prefer to put that defeat (by only a short head, i hasten to add) down to tiredness at the end of a busy season. Whilst on face value he was beaten fair and square in his next two runs, we only have to look at the form of Harringtons stable over the course of October to January. Out of 100 runners during this period, how many winners do you think they had? A big fat 0. Yep - 0/100. We only have to look at the improvement in Mac's Joys form over the course of the season to illustrate how much better Harringtons horses are running nowadays. I appreciate there is an element of forgiving and straw clutching in all of the above but none of Moscows opponents this afternoon really convince me. Kauto Star, whilst undoubtedly classy is too short a price for me. No 6 year old has won this race in 32 years and has no Cheltenham form whatsover, so is an unknown on that front too. - 17 of the last 21 winners had been at least placed at the previous festival and 2 of the remaining 4 has won good chases at Cheltenham outside the festival. He is an obvious danger but his inexperience could well find him out and I would want bigger than the prices currently available. Other obvious dangers include Central House, who may need softer ground than the drying going he encounters today. Although an improved horse this year, he was a well beaten 6th in this last year on good ground. He has no apparent Cheltenham form either. He does fit all the tends for winners of this race though. Fota Island is also all the rage at the moment and although a danger, Im not convinced by his stamina. 12 of the last 16 winners has won over at least 2m 4f. Fota has not won further than 2m1f at the mo. I think he looks held by Central House on the formbook too. Watch the roof come off Cheltenham if I'm right - there will be amazing scenes. MOSCOW FLYER @ 5/1 WIDELY AVAILABLE

Re: QM Champion Chase - MOSCOW TO TURN BACK THE CLOCK! I'm really not sure AK, i think the race is a poor renewal with the old timer at 12 up against the newcomer at 6. If only Ashley Brook had lined up, we would all be on it!! :@ I have tried to make a case for everything in the race & would love to see Fundalmentalist get back to form on a course it likes (2 of its 4 wins have come here). It was desperate at Lingfield LTO when it was going well alongsides OLd Vic when falling at the 8th. I think i will be avoiding the big guns & having a little ew on both Fundalmentalist & River City (check out the form, it aint bad for a 66/1 shot!)

Re: QM Champion Chase - MOSCOW TO TURN BACK THE CLOCK! Cheers for the comments guys :ok

Fota has beaten C.H twice but good luck mate:ok
True but on the last occassion CH was clearly not 100% - trailed in last by 20 lengths and has since bounced back last time out. I will be ignoring that run. Central House was the rightful winner on the other occassion when the jockey misjudged the winning post. There shouldnt be much between them today anyhow.
Ashley Brook had lined up, we would all be on it!!
I had that lined up as my each way bet of the season :(

Re: QM Champion Chase - MOSCOW TO TURN BACK THE CLOCK! Carl, just found this on another forum which will boost your confidence ;)

the solid choice in the race has to be Mouse Morris's Fota Island who won last year's Grand Annual.The horse is a sping horse with a record in the month of March of:11161(4-5).The sixth place came in Hardy Eustace's first Champion Hurdle so no disgrace there.

Re: QM Champion Chase - MOSCOW TO TURN BACK THE CLOCK! For me the factor that few are considering in relation to Moscow Flyer is the going. All the great performances of the pass have been on ground that is approaching good. When he had to work hard to win it was often on softer surfaces. Today with the going firmer then his two previous outing this season I would expect some improvement even if he is not the horse of past years. We have seen a number of times at Aintree on firmer sufaces just how much better he is when there is less juice in the ground. I have not mention the Harrington out of form line of reasonong but if this was reason for M F defeats then a victory would almost be certain bar a fell. 2.3+ for a place may represent some degree of value for the risk adverse bettor.

Re: QM Champion Chase - MOSCOW TO TURN BACK THE CLOCK! Moscow Flyer at the price is my nap of the meeting. If anywhere near his best here he will win. I have just put a huge bet on in Ladbrokes at 5/1. I am really confident he can produce the goods and having followed the horse for 7 years whatever happens he owes me or anyone absolutely nothing.

Re: QM Champion Chase - MOSCOW TO TURN BACK THE CLOCK! another horse mentioned in that Video preview for this race is WATSON LAKE. Its beaten Fota Island before and at 22/1 betdirect ,VC at 10/1 :loon, but mainly around 16-18/1.

Re: QM Champion Chase - MOSCOW TO TURN BACK THE CLOCK!

another horse mentioned in that Video preview for this race is WATSON LAKE. Its beaten Fota Island before and at 22/1 betdirect ,VC at 10/1 :loon, but mainly around 16-18/1.
needs a good deal of cut though TBH

Re: QM Champion Chase - MOSCOW TO TURN BACK THE CLOCK!

another horse mentioned in that Video preview for this race is WATSON LAKE. Its beaten Fota Island before and at 22/1 betdirect ,VC at 10/1 :loon, but mainly around 16-18/1.
Yea - I'm on it to be placed Fingers crossed

Re: QM Champion Chase - MOSCOW TO TURN BACK THE CLOCK! Well I'm gonna Lay Moscow Flier today, there's just too much hype abput form, it's almost like the excuses are being thought up before the race is on. If I was to bet, I'd probably go E/W on Central House, but not at anything below 5/1. I must stress, IMHO, I've never claimed to be good at picking the nags... ZuluWarrior

Re: QM Champion Chase - MOSCOW TO TURN BACK THE CLOCK! Really think this will be Moscows' last race! he has not been in love with the game this season and by all accounts his prep trial run couple of weeks ago was not good at all... I would swerve Moscow Flyer as I don't think he will even get placed ! 1st. Kauto Star 2nd Fota Island 3rd Central House maybe 4th,5th or 6th at best for Moscow Flyer! Regards,

Re: QM Champion Chase - MOSCOW TO TURN BACK THE CLOCK! Great performance from Newmill :clap didnt see anyone tipping that up! New Mill Fota Island Mister McGoldrick Moscow simply wasnt good enough and no excuses today..............

Re: QM Champion Chase - MOSCOW TO TURN BACK THE CLOCK! Moscow put a good fight in though (at least he completed the race!! :) ). Annoyed at Central House (he was my top choice today) coming in 4th, but I was with Carl and had Foto Island too. :cheers Here's to Moscow Flier, Top horse, Top Career, competing to the last! ZuluWarrior

Re: QM Champion Chase - MOSCOW TO TURN BACK THE CLOCK! The fav impeding Moscow when he fell almost certainly cost him third place. Still after the first race I'm actually in front. 6 bets so far 1 winner, 1 second ,1 third 1 feller and 2 unplaced so far. Nothing more today bookie benefit races!!!!