** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

My Cheltenham picks(feel free to add your own)

SportHorse Racing
Event2.00 Cheltenham
SelectionDenman
Strength10/10
Date15/03/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 2.10 (Back)
Reasoningthis must surley be the Banker of the day. 5 wins from 5 starts he won Challow hurdle by 21 L's and that win is a clue to this race. Everything looks perfect for him today.
SportHorse Racing
Event3.15 Cheltenham
SelectionFota Island
Strength5/10
Date15/03/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 5.50 (Back)
ReasoningIm going to oppose the Fav Kauto Star as I think he's to young just yet and prone to mistakes. I think we have seen the best of Moscow Flyer and so Im going for APMcCoy aboard the IRE horse Fota Island who beat Central House LTO easy and not for the first time either.
SportHorse Racing
Event4.40 Cheltenham
SelectionMon Mome (Each-Way)
Strength3/10
Date15/03/2006
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ 15.00 (Back)
ReasoningStat wise 7 year olds and horse carring 11 stone have a very poor record in this race. Mon Mome last 2 wins seen him stepped up in trip each time so I think this trip of just over 3 miles might just be in his grasp. Hes nicley weighted(7lb claimer) and at 6 year old he fits in well with the stats. Im sure Ventia Williams will have this just right toady.
SportHorse Racing
Event5.20 Cheltenham
SelectionBallytrim (Each-Way)
Strength5/10
Date15/03/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 7.50 (Back)
ReasoningIrish have reigned supreme winning 10 of the 13 renewals, a staggering five of which emanting from Willie Mullins' County Carlow stables. Mullins’ record in this contest is outstanding and he has a very strong hand once again. Ballytrim won LTO by 25ls in a maiden bumper and was pencilled in for this race on the back of that race.The main danger is the Ruby Walsh( hence the E/W bet) ride but for value Im going to oppose that and go for Ballytrim to storm up the hill.

Re: My Cheltenham picks(feel free to add your own) Well, here's my Short List picks for today, I've picked a winner and 2 places, I'm not gonna bet on all of these, but the rest of the decisions are likely to be made on the SP, before the race, and I don't want to offend by posting just before start. Only reason I'm posting is because I had a good day yesterday, and wonder if I can continue the streak with todays selections. So I would very much like to hear your opinions, I'm still not decided which of the 6 races I will bet on... 1400 1st: Denman (No brainer) Place: Nicator Place: Refinement I really fancy Mr Noise here too on E/W but I just can't see it in my gut... 1435 1st: Commercial Flier Place: Darkness Place: Listener Also looking at Our Ben 1515 1st: Kauto Star Place: Central House Place: Fota Island Laying Moscow Flier, too old, too risky 1600 1st: ??? Place: Good Thyne Jack Place: Fair Question Got no idea on winner here, possibles are the 2 placers, or Inch Pride or No Where To Hyde 1640 1st: Libertine Place: Mon Mome Place: Underwriter Big race, 4 or 5 place opportunities (depending on bookies) may be tempted to put all 3 each way, Undeniable is also on my pick list 1720 1st: BallyTrim Place: Leading Contender Place: Burnt Oak Well, your thoughts, most intellegent of pundits?? ZuluWarrior

Re: My Cheltenham picks(feel free to add your own) Agree with most of your horses and your right to suggest places for them. As for Our Ben, I think it's over rated and the Ruby Walsh factor will affect the price, as it will with most horses. Punters looking other than Denman will lump on Refinement for the McCoy factor but it actually has a really good chance.

Re: My Cheltenham picks(feel free to add your own) great run from Nicanor:clap that uphill last section is a bastid. ive just spent 45 mins in ASDA watching it on the TV's for sale waiting for the wife to finish work:lol I was jumping up and down for Denman people pushing me with there trolleys:lol

Re: My Cheltenham picks(feel free to add your own) Not going badly at the moment 1 E/W Winner, and 3 places so far... A little change to my 1600 picks, as the bookies are paying for 5 places, in case anyones interested: 1600 1st: Me Where To Hyde Place: Good Thyne Jack Place: Fair Question Place: All Star (half stake) How's everyone else doing??? ZuluWarrior

Re: My Cheltenham picks(feel free to add your own)

SportHorse Racing
Event4.40 Cheltenham
SelectionMon Mome (Each-Way)
Strength3/10
Date15/03/2006
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ 15.00 (Back)
ReasoningStat wise 7 year olds and horse carring 11 stone have a very poor record in this race. Mon Mome last 2 wins seen him stepped up in trip each time so I think this trip of just over 3 miles might just be in his grasp. Hes nicley weighted(7lb claimer) and at 6 year old he fits in well with the stats. Im sure Ventia Williams will have this just right toady.
Good result Carl :clap