Snooker: World Champs Final Qualifying Round

2006 World Snooker Championship Coupon Final Qualifying Round (click here to open|close this coupon)

SelectionPricePriceSelection
14 Mar 11:00Carter, Allister1.532.38Judge, Michael
14 Mar 11:00Hawkins, Barry2.101.67Junhui, Ding
14 Mar 11:00Fu, Marco1.672.10O'Brien, Fergal
14 Mar 11:00Parrott, John1.831.83Spick, Lee
14 Mar 11:00Bond, Nigel1.831.83Dunn, Mike
14 Mar 11:00Day, Ryan2.001.73Bingham, Stuart
14 Mar 11:00Milkins, Robert2.001.73Selby, Mark
14 Mar 11:00Mcculloch, Ian1.402.75Harold, Dave
15 Mar 11:00Hamilton, Anthony1.442.63Lawler, Rod
15 Mar 11:00Holt, Michael1.502.50Pettman, Stuart
15 Mar 11:00Gray, David1.732.00Davis, Mark
15 Mar 11:00Hicks, Andy2.381.53Allen, Mark
15 Mar 11:00Pinches, Barry2.201.62Swail, Joe
15 Mar 11:00King, Mark1.402.75Gunnell, Adrian
15 Mar 11:00Robertson, Neil1.572.25Greene, Gerard
15 Mar 11:00Wattana, James1.622.20Gilbert, Dave
Prices from Stan James. :ok

Re: Snooker: World Champs Final Qualifying Round It makes a mockery of the outright prices when Ding is 9/1 and Hawkins 80/1 as there isn't much to separate them. I've been waiting for this match to be priced up and on those prices alone, Hawkins should have been made around 3.50, but I suppose that was hoping too much. Hawkins will be very much suited to this length of match, and don't judge him on last week too much, he's got bottle galore. At the prices, I won't be betting though. Selby has to be the bet against Milkins, who is just a potter and Selby has so much more to his game. I fully expect Selby to win this match, but will wait until more prices are available.

Re: Snooker: World Champs Final Qualifying Round

Selby has to be the bet against Milkins' date=' who is just a potter and Selby has so much more to his game. I fully expect Selby to win this match, but will wait until more prices are available.[/quote'] I agree. Selby is a maximum bet for me in this. Of the bigger prices Michael Judge has played Ali Carter twice in tournament play and won 5-0 on both occasions. That should give Judge confidence and he could be a nice bet at 11/8. Mark Davis beat David Gray in Wales last week before getting spanked by Matthew Stevens. I long thought of Mark Davis as a better player away from the TV cameras and with Gray in awful form right now even money on Davis might be worth a pop. Gray does seem to do better in the longer matches though so I'll think about that one. Of the other matches, Wattana is a short price but looked much more like the Wattana of old last week and I think he'll beat Dave Gilbert. Word of caution though, my snooker form is worse than my football teams form which is saying something so a lay of all 4 may be the play!! :lol

Re: Snooker: World Champs Final Qualifying Round Updated Prices:

Tuesday 14 March 2006
Player 1Player 2bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="middle">sp.gifBPP
sp.gifBingham v Day (11:00 GMT)1.802.10sp.gif104%
sp.gifBond v Dunn (11:00 GMT)1.832.10sp.gif103%
sp.gifCarter v Judge (11:00 GMT)1.532.75sp.gif102%
sp.gifFu v O'Brien (11:00 GMT)1.902.00sp.gif103%
sp.gifHarold v McCulloch (11:00 GMT)3.001.50sp.gif100%
sp.gifHawkins v Junhui (11:00 GMT)2.251.66sp.gif105%
sp.gifMilkins v Selby (11:00 GMT)2.101.90sp.gif101%
sp.gifParrott v Spick (11:00 GMT)2.201.83sp.gif100%
sp.gifWednesday 15 March 2006
Player 1Player 2bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="middle">sp.gifBPP
sp.gifAllen v Hicks (11:00 GMT)1.662.37sp.gif103%
sp.gifDavis v Gray (11:00 GMT)2.251.72sp.gif103%
sp.gifGilbert v Wattana (11:00 GMT)2.501.66sp.gif101%
sp.gifGreene v Robertson (11:00 GMT)2.751.53sp.gif102%
sp.gifGunnell v King (11:00 GMT)3.001.44sp.gif103%
sp.gifHamilton v Lawler (11:00 GMT)1.443.00sp.gif103%
sp.gifHolt v Pettman (11:00 GMT)1.503.00sp.gif100%
sp.gifPinches v Swail (11:00 GMT)2.251.72sp.gif103%

SportSnooker/Pool
EventWorld Champs Final Qualifier
SelectionSelby to beat Milkins
Strength10/10
Date14/03/2006
Bookmaker/Price>William Hill @ 1.90 (Back)
ReasoningHills have Selby way overpriced here, should be around 1.60-1.70. Selby is by far the better player, but Milkins is no mug at the same time. However, Selby has superior breakbuilding and tactical play even if Milkins is the better potter. I really can't see Milkins beating Selby here and I expect a 10-6, 10-7 win at worst for the talented Leicstershire player.

Re: Snooker: World Champs Final Qualifying Round This thread has definately made me think twice about my bets on the qualifiers! I actually thought Milkins may be worth a shout - if there is one thing in his favour he believes he should be involved with the best, even though it rarely transfers to the tables! Big game for both players and Im not as confident about Selby here as everyone else. Ive seen Milkins battle before and he can string frames together rather quickly when playing with confidence.

Re: Snooker: World Champs Final Qualifying Round Looks like all the usual offenders are back in town for the snoooker! Hi kevshat and Paul, looking forward to the torney?? I personally would put my money on Davis if I had to tomorrow, but No Bet for me on this one, me-thinks. I agree with kevshat, Greys just not on firm and I think Davis can go the distance, in the qualifying at least... PS> I would have posted my selections for today, but the events started so I'll keep stum! Got my hopes on a little qualifying accumulator though, can't resist a small flutter! ZuluWarrior

Re: Snooker: World Champs Final Qualifying Round How frustrating, cant get updates anywhere for the final qualifying rounds. Personally I think thats disgusting and extremely annoying. What is WorldSnooker.com doing?!! These are massive games going on today, Live Scoring should be available!! :@

Re: Snooker: World Champs Final Qualifying Round http://www.globalsnookercentre.co.uk/files/Results/res05_6/06world.htm GSC has frame updates, Selby 3-0 at present. :ok LSL, I hear what you're saying about Milkins, but having been involved in Pro-Ams and hearing all players over a long period, there was always a sense that some were saying things like "I should be there" without really believing it deep down. I'm guessing you know Milkins fairly well to be able to say what you have above, but I've seen him play live a couple of times, and while he is fluent and dangerous, he would never trouble an on form Selby or other solid player imo, just doesn't have the game. Cue a 10-3 win for Milkins now. :ok :lol

Re: Snooker: World Champs Final Qualifying Round It's no surprise to me either mate. I wouldn't touch Ding with stolen money at his price. In fact in Aliando's banker thread in the systems section someone said Ding was a banker to qualify and I quickly said I disagreed because of the fact he had Hawkins in this round.

Re: Snooker: World Champs Final Qualifying Round What are you watching on, kevshat? Is it live anywhere?? What are your guys picks for the championship then? I'm looking at Stevens, Maguire or maybe Hendry at the moment, but not looked too deep into it, gonna dig deeper after the China open... ZuluWarrior

What are you watching on, kevshat? Is it live anywhere?? What are your guys picks for the championship then? I'm looking at Stevens, Maguire or maybe Hendry at the moment, but not looked too deep into it, gonna dig deeper after the China open... ZuluWarrior
It's not live mate, I just read the report on the World Snooker website. As for the tournament itself, I'll wait until Thursday's draw but it's fair to say I'm hoping Doherty and Ebdon get nice 1st round draws because with Higgins, Hendry and O'Sullivan in the bottom half of the draw I would suggest the better betting propositions will come in the top half.

Re: Snooker: World Champs Final Qualifying Round 10-6 Selby. Well done lads. Look forward to some more top picks. Would like to put a word in for Robertson (8/15) v Greene, and Hamilton (4/9) v Lawler tomorrow. Both in good nick, should be too strong for their opponents. Double material, perhaps, as they are a short enough price.

10-6 Selby. Well done lads. Look forward to some more top picks. Would like to put a word in for Robertson (8/15) v Greene, and Hamilton (4/9) v Lawler tomorrow. Both in good nick, should be too strong for their opponents. Double material, perhaps, as they are a short enough price.
NW I'd be wary of Robertson at such a short price. If Greene is hot he can beat anyone. I think a Wattana/Hamilton double is more of a call at better odds too! Also looking at the Davis-Gray match still too. Not quite sure why Totesport are going 5/4 so need to see if I've missed something.