One for the Ladies- Betfair $3000 Live final for a WSOP seat

Pocket Lady

Punters Lounge ladies- Last night Betfair started a new promotion.The freerolls are limited to 350 women only and are being held on every Tuesday of March these will be in the diary (I'm sorry that we missed the first one last night) Prizes are:

• A final live event for a total of 30 players, the winner gets a seat at the World Series of Poker Ladies event and the rest play for a prize pool of £3,000
  • A Weekly Freeroll with a total prize pool of £500
  • The ‘Ultimate Night In’ can be won in each freeroll, all you have to do is participate. After each freeroll event one lucky winner will be randomly drawn from the list of participants. The experience includes a very attractive dealer, all equipment (cards, chips, branded table cover) and PR covering your win.
The live event - The Live event finalists will comrpise of: 5 - 1st place winners of the freerolls 9 - top places of the leaderboard 9 - top MPP places ("my poker points" earned between 1st-31st March) 3 - Bounties, chosen by Betfair AND remainder of finalists will be press representatives to be chosen by Betfair. A prize pool to the amount of £3,000 will be awarded to all positions from 2nd to 15th. The winner of Betfair Poker’s Ladies Final will win:
  • Seat at the WSOP Ladies Event held in July 2006.
  • Travel and accommodation to Las Vegas.
  • Some spending money.
  • Free coaching from April to July 2006 to help the winner get fully prepared for VEGAS.

The freerolls - £500 prize pool up for grabs each time – and, more importantly, leaderboard points to get into the live Final event. Points allocated: Position 1 - entry into live final Position 2 - 10 points Position 3 - 8 points Position 4 - 6 points Position 5 - 4 points Position 6 - 2 points Participation - 1 point Knock out a bounty - 3 points To make things even more exciting, Betfair are also giving away an Ultimate girl's night in (UK Mainland players only). Betfair are treating 5 lucky winners to a special game with a gorgeous male poker host. At each of the five freeroll events on Tuesday, one player will be randomly selected to win the ‘Ultimate Night In’. This attractive guy will turn up equipped with all the essentials: wine, canapés, cards, poker chips and a cloth. He'll also teach you rules of the game and deal out your cards. (All you have to worry about is keeping your eyes on your cards :tongue2- and on your glass of wine! Talk about a great girls night in!) After downloading -You have to register your interest in the ladies night on the betfair site and you will have the passwords sent to you in an e-mail. Good Luck - :hope

Re: One for the Ladies- Betfair $3000 Live final for a WSOP seat

Betfair are treating 5 lucky winners to a special game with a gorgeous male poker host. At each of the five freeroll events on Tuesday' date=' one player will be randomly selected to win the ‘Ultimate Night In’. This attractive guy will turn up equipped with all the essentials: wine, canapés, cards, poker chips and a cloth.[/quote'] A cloth? You mean he'll do the cleaning while you're drinking wine and playing poker?

Re: One for the Ladies- Betfair $3000 Live final for a WSOP seat Isn't this sexist? When's the mens only event? :tongue2 :tongue2 I used to play for a darts team, in a working mens club - and women were banned!!! This was wrong .... and the rules were eventually changed and they were allowed to play ...... however they kept playing in their ladies only league .... so the ladies got to play twice a week, and the men only once a week!!!! If discrimination is wrong (and it is!!) then surely this goes both ways...... And ladies getting free entry into clubs .... or free drinks when there ...... how do they get away with it? Anyway .....rant over.......good luck ladies ..... do the biz for PL :ok

Re: One for the Ladies- Betfair $3000 Live final for a WSOP seat At the WSOP its called the Main Event GaF - the one that women struggle to even make the final table (bless them, they can't help it, they just don't seem to manage it unless it is a fluke:eek ) Thats why they have to have a womens only tourny at the WSOP, so at least one of them wins a pretty bracelet every year...... :rollin Damo awaiting the backlash from Mrs V :tongue2

Isn't this sexist? When's the mens only event? :tongue2 :tongue2 I

I'll be there:lol Thanks Pocket Lady:ok
That's great Rednutt ! :ok Taken from the Betfair T & Cs
Betfair Poker - Specific Terms Applicable to Ladies’ Night You must be a Woman to participate in the following promotions. “Woman” means female (including for the purposes of these promotions any hermaphrodites or post-op transsexuals).
For all the moaning men out there who are saying that it is not fair - I do have a pair of bolt cutters sitting idly in the shed! :lol :lol:lol:lol

Re: One for the Ladies- Betfair $3000 Live final for a WSOP seat Made the final table little over 2k all in 10 10 holds up ;) ...very next hand still very short stacked all in KQ and her that has been all in every hand for 4 rounds calls my 7k with K 10 i was winning all the way to the river... when i typed bet she wins she always does and then it came..10 on the river:puke Gutted URL=http://imageshack.us]screenhunter18yb.jpg

TY Pocket Lady. Sorry u missed it. Was looking on the betfair site and looks like only places 2 - 6 get the points so really apart from the £10 i got the same points as everyone else in the tourney.. Have i read this right?
Yes Lynn this is right you get 1 point just for registering - we need to finish consistently in the top 6 to gain the most valuable points. 1st place then you would be throught to the live final. :ok

• 2 weeks later...

Re: One for the Ladies- Betfair $3000 Live final for a WSOP seat My wife has just seen the ladies night but since she's already a Betfair poker site member is there any way she can still register to find out the password for tomorrow's game? Personally I'm shocked that she'd give up Holby City to play poker - but what do I know, I'm a bloke???

My wife has just seen the ladies night but since she's already a Betfair poker site member is there any way she can still register to find out the password for tomorrow's game? Personally I'm shocked that she'd give up Holby City to play poker - but what do I know, I'm a bloke???
Make sure that she registers quickly - they were a little slow with the list of Passwords and there is only tomorrows and next Tuesdays left to play. :ok