** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Horse Race Betting - Advice Wanted

Clotty

I'm interested in getting into horse betting and so I thought it would be worth me posting here. I know nothing about the sport, but the odds look very nice, plus the number of events is very useful and I think could potentialy boost my profits very nicely. I'm basically hoping you'd be able to give me a little bit of advice on what to look for in the stats when analysing. What factors should I take into account and how seriously should I take each factor? Should I start in a particular type of event or would it be best to just explore them all at once? I'd also be grateful if you could point me to some recommended links. Thanks in advance if you are able to help. Clotty.

Re: Horse Race Betting - Advice Wanted :welcome It's a lot more perilous than backing football matches. That's why the odds look nice. There's no set formula to guarantee winning but I would only tell you NEVER PAY FOR TIPSTERS!:spank There's a lot of excellent guys on this forum - :notworthy Bowles, Ralphie, AK1979 to name just 3. :notworthy Even I'm managing a profit at the moment and I know very little.:unsure Browse about the forum and get a few tips and suchlike until somebody else gives you more expert advice than I am capable of.

Re: Horse Race Betting - Advice Wanted :welcome i have been betting 25 years now since the age of about 13 (i know, it was in the blood). I have gone through every bet imaginable to try to make a profit & the advice i would give is to back singles to a level stake (to make profit). Multiple betting is what the bookies love & i still have yet to break 4 figures from a multiple bet which annoys me. I have been close before on many occasions. I know someone who hit £12k for a 20p lucky 15 this year with 4 big price winners. They do not happen I'm afraid (well maybe occasionally). a good bet is 2 singles & a double giving you a nice return if both win but also a return if only 1 wins. The advice you will get here is very varied from systems to tips to hunches, however follow someone like Ralphie & you show profit. Most tipsters that stay around here show profit, those that dont often show a loss which puts them off & they go away. Our very own slapdash showed over 1000pts profit last year on sports punter. Tipsters need to show thier yield to be profitable, this is the percentage of profit made over amount staked & bets placed. Now at 38, i am looking more in depth at systems etc & the many factors that provide a decent return. I hope to eventually make a living from this but i am on a steep learning curve! GL:ok

Re: Horse Race Betting - Advice Wanted Like Fleet Fanatic says never pay for anything that tipsters or people selling systems or comp programs that say how many winners and how much profit they are making.Like bowles10 says level stakes and just a couple a day is a good stratergy. Always keep records of your bets and maybe set a limit to what you can afford to lose per week.One thing that may be of some help is that about 80% of all winners come from the 1st 5 in the betting in both codes. Buying the Racing Post now and then can also help and viewing the many good threads on this forum will.