ATP Dubai/Las Vegas/Acapulco & WTA Qatar 27th Feb - 5th Mar

Dubai: (1)Roger Federer (SUI) vs Stanislas Wawrinka (SUI) Omar Bahrouzyan (UAE) vs Mohammed Al Ghareeb (KUW) Robin Vik (CZE) vs Q Cristophe Rochus (BEL) vs (8)Tomas Berdych (CZE) (3)Nikolay Davydenko (RUS) vs Marat Safin (RUS) Olivier Rochus (BEL) vs Fabrice Santoro (FRA) Andreas Seppi (ITA) vs Igor Andreev (RUS) Mikhail Youzhny (RUS) vs (6)Dominik Hrbaty (SVK) (5)David Ferrer (ESP) vs Rainer Schuettler (GER) Daniele Bracciali (ITA) vs Q Jarkko Nieminen (FIN) vs Bjorn Phau (GER) Greg Rusedski (GBR) vs (4)Andre Agassi (USA) (7)Radek Stepanek (CZE) vs Q Tim Henman (GBR) vs Feliciano Lopez (ESP) Wesley Moodie (RSA) vs Q Paul Henri Mathieu (FRA) vs (2)Rafael Nadal (ESP) Las Vegas: HEWITT, Lleyton AUS (1) vs MAYER, Florian GER Q vs HERNYCH, Jan CZE SODERLING, Robin SWE vs BENNETEAU, Julien FRA (SE) KOHLSCHREIBER, Philipp GER vs VERDASCO, Fernando ESP (8) GINEPRI, Robby USA (4) vs GOLDSTEIN, Paul USA Q vs SPADEA, Vincent USA MIRNYI, Max BLR vs MALISSE, Xavier BEL TURSUNOV, Dmitry RUS vs HAAS, Tommy GER (7) MONFILS, Gael FRA (8) vs BJORKMAN, Jonas SWE SANGUINETTI, Davide ITA vs KARLOVIC, Ivo CRO FISH, Mardy USA (WC) vs Q MURRAY, Andy GBR vs ROBREDO, Tommy ESP (3) BLAKE, James USA (6) vs SRICHAPHAN, Paradorn THA BRYAN, Bob USA (WC) vs QUERREY, Sam USA (WC) ZIB, Tomas CZE vs CARLSEN, Kenneth DEN Q vs KIEFER, Nicolas GER (2)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP Dubai/Las Vegas/Acapulco 27th Feb - 5th Mar Acapulco: (1) CORIA, Guillermo ARG v Qualifier PASHANSKI, Boris SCG v MINAR, Ivo CZE BEHREND, Tomas GER v VANEK, Jiri CZE MONACO, Juan ARG v (7) CHELA, Juan Ignacio ARG (3) MOYA, Carlos ESP v (WC) GALLARDO VALLES, Miguel MEX MONTANES, Albert ESP v (WC) DEL POTRO, Juan Martin ARG Qualifier v VICENTE, Fernando ESP (WC) GONZALEZ, Santiago MEX v (5) ACASUSO, Jose ARG (6) SERRA, Florent FRA v Qualifier HORNA, Luis PER v DLOUHY, Lukas CZE CALLERI, Agustin ARG v LAPENTTI, Nicolas ECU MARTIN, Alberto ESP v (4) VOLANDRI, Filippo ITA (8) MASSU, Nicolas CHI v BERLOCQ, Carlos ARG KIM, Kevin USA v DANIEL, Marcos BRA STARACE, Potito ITA v SABAU, Razvan ROM Qualifier v (2) GAUDIO, Gaston ARG

Re: ATP Dubai/Las Vegas/Acapulco 27th Feb - 5th Mar Dubai Outright FEDERER @ 1.53 Coral 6pts Well, does anyone dare go against Federer? He's won this tournament for the past 3 years and I just can't see anyone getting close to him. You have to have major doubts over the other big guns, with Nadal struggling on his comeback, Agassi playing for the first time this year and Safin playing for the first time this year and having an awful draw against Davydenko in the first round. The other guy with the game to take on Federer is Berdych but he has been in poor form all this year and can't see him or anyone else touching the master this week.

Re: ATP Dubai/Las Vegas/Acapulco 27th Feb - 5th Mar Vegas Outright HEWITT @ 4.5 Stan James 3pts I like Hewitt at this price, but it's a bit tight to be going E/W, so stick to the straight win. He looked alright in San Jose and with each match he was getting more confidence in his ankle. Disappointed he lost out to Murray in the final but he's had a week off and I think he deserves another go. The top quarter looks very light with Soderling coming off a final and moving outdoors may struggle a bit. Verdasco is the other seed but he's shown no real form this year. The second quarter is where the action is; with Ginepri, Spadea, Mirnyi, Malisse, Haas and Tursunov all looking to come through it. No idea whos going to come through that, but they are all shot makers - I'd expect Hewitt to be able to grind out any of them in the semis. The one that might be a bit dodgy would be Haas, but coming off a title win in Memphis he may struggle (or even pull out). The bottom half has Murray, Robredo, Blake and Kiefer as the big threats. Kiefer and Blake are very short this week with Blake in awful form and Kiefer recovering from an illness. Murray has a decent shot but at best price 11.00 he's looking overrated for the time being. Monfils could spring a surprise or two but he's not in enough form for me to be interested especially with a possible second round Karlovic and third round Murray in his way to even reach the semis. Hewitt for me in Vegas this week.

Re: ATP Dubai/Las Vegas/Acapulco 27th Feb - 5th Mar ANDREEV v Seppi @ 1.57 Coral 4pts Andreev looks a solid favourite for me in this one. He's shown some very good form this year apart from a poor one against Bracciali last week. Seppi hasn't done much since reaching the semis in Sydney in early Jan apart from the semis of a challenger in Bergamo where he lost to Alex Bogdanovic:lol :lol :lol. Now moving onto an outdoor hard court where I think the analysis is quite simple - Andreev will get more free points on serve and has more to offer from the back. H2H is a nice 3-0 to Andreev with two wins on clay and one in Seppis big tournament on hard courts in Sydney this year.

Re: ATP Dubai/Las Vegas/Acapulco 27th Feb - 5th Mar VANEK v Behrend @ 1.877 Pinnacle 4pts I opposed Behrend last week when he lost to Pashanski and that match continued the awful run that he's having. I still feel like he should be opposed this week against a player who is playing decent stuff. Since hitting the clay this year Vanek has lost to Coria in 3 sets, beat Montanes and Volandri and lost to Martin (who reached the final) in a couple of tight sets. I think that alone is enough to think he can take care of Behrend. H2H is 3-2 to Behrend but they were all a long time ago and I don't think they're too relevent. DEL POTRO v Montanes @ 1.75 WillHill 4pts I think del Potro is worth a shot here against a pretty poor Montanes who is coming off a couple of first round losses. Del Potro is improving fast and has done alright so far this year, especially in taking a set off Ferrero and coming through a tough qualifying competition last week and running in form Monaco close (7-5 7-5). I think he'll have enough to take care of Montanes quite comfortably.

Re: ATP Dubai/Las Vegas/Acapulco 27th Feb - 5th Mar

EventTennis Channel Open
SelectionKohlschreiber to beat Verdasco
Strength4/10
Date27/02/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.81 (Back)
ReasoningVerdasco currently ranked 33, while Kohlschreiber is 102. Verdasco 5-5 L10 Matches while Kohlschreiber is 7-3 his L10. No H2H meetings between the Spaniard and German. Neither of them have played in La Vegas. When playing moneyline odds. The number 1 thing I look for is VALUE and OVERLAY. Decent size overlay here and tremendous VALUE with the German. Small to Medium stakes bet.

Re: ATP Dubai/Las Vegas/Acapulco 27th Feb - 5th Mar I noticed Head Hunter played a Double at Pinnacle. Was wondering if you have to request it. For myself they do not allow doubles with Tennis. I usually use Bet365 or 5 Dimes. Odds would be much better if I could play doubles at Pinnacle.

I noticed Head Hunter played a Double at Pinnacle. Was wondering if you have to request it. For myself they do not allow doubles with Tennis. I usually use Bet365 or 5 Dimes. Odds would be much better if I could play doubles at Pinnacle.
I think there's a button at the top of the page called "parlay" which will let you do doubles:unsure

Re: ATP Dubai/Las Vegas/Acapulco 27th Feb - 5th Mar I have plumped for Monfilis:

SportTennis
EventLas Vegas
SelectionMonfilis 1/2 , 1,2 (Each-Way)
Strength2/10
Date05/03/2006
Bookmaker/PriceSkybet @ 21.00 (Back)
ReasoningMonfilis looks a value selection in an event where a lot of the top seeds are not in good form. He is in the easier half of the draw which contains the likes of Kiefer is recovering from illness, Blake out of form, Murray is dangerous but may be a little tired after recent exploits. Monfilis was beaten in the final in Doha at the start of the year and is capable of reaching the final again.

Re: ATP Dubai/Las Vegas/Acapulco 27th Feb - 5th Mar Acapulco / Monaco v Chela Am I missing something ? These two have played 3 times on clay Monaco winning every encounter without the loss of a set, including once last week and also Acapulco last year. How can the bookies make Chela favourite ? Is Monaco injured or what? I will be betting big on Monaco 2.05 @ Betfair unless anyone can convince me outherwise.

EventAbierto Mexicano Telcel, Acapulco
SelectionK. Kim to beat M. Daniel
Strength6/10
Date27/02/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.80 (Back)
ReasoningMedium Stakes Current Rank Daniel 88 Kim 122 Current Form Daniel 2-8 L 10 Matches Kim 6-4 L 10 Matches No h2h between the 2 players. This bet has value written all over it. Decent size overlay. Daniel in poor form lost to Flavio Cipolla in the QU Round of the Australian Open. Though Daniel is 42-15 on clay and Kim is 1-8. The odds to me tell a story also. Odds opened at 2.98 yet are down to 2.80 and still going. With their clay court records why is this happeneing. Danile could be ripe for the upset today in Acapulco.
Event Abierto Mexicano Telcel, Acapulco
SelectionJ. Vanek to beat T. Behrend
Strength7/10
Date27/02/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.78 (Back)
ReasoningMedium to High Stakes Vanek current rank 106 Behrend current rank 101 Vanek 3-7 L10 Behrend 2-8 L10 Behrend leads to h2h series 3-2. But these players have not faced each other since 2003. Vanek had big win vs #3 Volandri in Brasil last week. I think it will help out his confidence in todays match vs Behrend who is in even worse form. Losing in the qualifying R1 Autralian Open to Kadir in straight sets.
SelectionF. Serra to beat J.-A. Marin
Strength4/10
Date27/02/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.66 (Back)
ReasoningSmall to Medium Stakes Current Rank Serra 37 Marin 103 Serra 6-4 L10 Matches Marin 5-5 L10 Matches Will be the first time these players face each other. Decent form for both players. Marin can be a dangerous opponent, but I feel Serra's expereince will help him take the win.

SelectionJ. Vanek to beat T. Behrend
Strength7/10
Date27/02/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.78 (Back)
ReasoningMedium to High Stakes Vanek current rank 106 Behrend current rank 101 Vanek 3-7 L10 Behrend 2-8 L10 Behrend leads to h2h series 3-2. But these players have not faced each other since 2003. Vanek had big win vs #3 Volandri in Brasil last week. I think it will help out his confidence in todays match vs Behrend who is in even worse form. Losing in the qualifying R1 Autralian Open to Kadir in straight sets.
Good luck with this one mate, I like it:ok. Braver man than me betting on K Kim on clay - why is he playing there instead of in America?:unsure :unsure

Re: ATP Dubai/Las Vegas/Acapulco 27th Feb - 5th Mar Hi guys, We start the week with the following 2 bets: ATP TOUR, MEXICO (abierto mexicano) MONACO TO D CHELA @ 2.04 on betfair STARACE TO D SABAU @ 1.32 on pinnacle Chela seems to be the only Argentinian to play better on hard courts than on the slow clay, but somehow he still gets low odds on clay (probably just for being an Argentinian :-). As a result, he has negative records vs. most top Argentinians. He is 0-3 against Monaco in matches and 0-6 (!) in sets, whom he played just 3-4 days ago Romanian Sabau has not won a match in 2006 yet, losing to all kind of below average opposition, while Starace is showing a solid clay court form and is a favourite to win. www.WinningTipster.com

Re: ATP Dubai/Las Vegas/Acapulco 27th Feb - 5th Mar EL AYNAOUI v Moodie @ 1.901 Pinnacle 4pts Well, I opposed Moodie last week in the first round and it payed off with Simon taking him out. Now moving outdoors surely he will be less effective and even more opposable. He plays Younes who is well past it, however, can still produce an odd result. In Doha at the start of the year he shocked Grosjean then ran Tursunov close for a set and play like he showed there will be good enough. This is a tournament he likes and gets a lot of support at and genreally plays well at (except the past couple of years). In qualifying he got through very easily winning 6-2 6-2 and 6-3 6-1 and whilst the opposition wasn't up to much the results are still good. I think Younes is a solid favourite in this one although it is vry scary to try and price up. BERDYCH v C Rochus @ 1.44 Coral 4pts Surely, surely Berdych will be able to get his season going here. Rochus is coming off the week of his life last week and he must be opposed this week. Berdych should be able to blast him off the court and it should be a match where he can get into a good rythem. Not much to say about Berdych's form, but I still have faith in him:hope.

Re: ATP Dubai/Las Vegas/Acapulco 27th Feb - 5th Mar So a good start to the week. Got lucky with del Potro retiring when a game away from defeat so WillHill void:D. ANDREEV v Seppi @ 1.57 Coral 4pts :D WON profit 2.28pts VANEK v Behrend @ 1.877 Pinnacle 4pts :@ LOST loss 4pts DEL POTRO v Montanes @ 1.75 WillHill 4pts :\ VOID EL AYNAOUI v Moodie @ 1.901 Pinnacle 4pts :D WON profit 3.604pts BERDYCH v C Rochus @ 1.44 Coral 4pts :D WON profit 1.76pts W/L = 3/1 Staked = 20pts Profit = 3.644pts Yield = 18.22%

Re: ATP Dubai/Las Vegas/Acapulco 27th Feb - 5th Mar HENMAN v Stepanek @ 2.2 Stan James 2pts I think Stepanek has to be opposed this week: coming off his first title win on Sunday and moving to a surface he favours less. He laboured to a victory over van Lottum in the first round which I thought was poor and I think he's have his hands full with Tim on Wednesday. Henman took care of Lopez in the first round which I was quite impressed with and more importantly he sounded positive in an interview afterwards and said his back was good this week. H2H is 4-2 to Henman and a pretty mixed set of results really but at least it's positive for Tim. This should be a good match to watch and I think it's wise to be on Henmans side.

Re: ATP Dubai/Las Vegas/Acapulco 27th Feb - 5th Mar Anyone help regarding how Safin played against Davydenko. Think Rochus could be worth a shout this morning against him however didn't catch any of Safin's game. Any help on how he's looking greatly appreciated. Agree with the Henman shout above. Confidence must be high after the win against Lopez and as long as the back injury stays away chould have enough to win the game. I'd be very surprised if it dodn't go to three sets though! Fancy Youzhny against Andreev. Both so inconsistent but after Andreev's complete no show against Braccialli lasy week and struggle against Seppi I'm happy to oppose him.

Anyone help regarding how Safin played against Davydenko. Think Rochus could be worth a shout this morning against him however didn't catch any of Safin's game. Any help on how he's looking greatly appreciated.
Sorry it may be too late - saw a little clip of Safin yesterday and he looked to be hitting the ball well and that was a match up that would really test him. He also said in an interview afterwards that he was happy that his knee wasn'tgiving him any pain and after 3 sets of his first match back that has to be pleasing. If he's OK physically I'd expect him to blast Rochus off the court and the H2H is quite conclusive (ignoring Grass and exhibitions:tongue2). Too early for me to be getting involved with Safin but I'd fancy him today. Youzhny-Andreev must be one of the most unpredictable matches ever:unsure :unsure :unsure. Hrbaty had an elbow injury and just turned up for the cash so wouldn't read too much into Youzhnys win - but then Andreev was pretty crap too:unsure :unsure :unsure .

Re: ATP Dubai/Las Vegas/Acapulco 27th Feb - 5th Mar BENNETEAU v Kohlschreiber @ 1.893 Pinnacle 4pts Benneteau is on fire at the moment after reaching the semis in Memphis last week (beating Roddick and Malisse) and then a strong first round win over Soderling in the first round here. He's a player I really liked about 18 months ago and I'm not really sure what happened to him - but hopefully he can make some progress now. He play Kohlschreiber here who comes off a decent win over Verdasco in the first round but the Spaniard has been pretty dire lately. Kohlscheiber doesn't tend to get results in North America, going 3-5 in the last 12 months and 11-15 since 2000. That's quite poor and compares badly to Benneteau who is 10-7 in the past 12 months and 34-25 since 2000. Hopefully Benneteau can continue his stronf form here.

Re: ATP Dubai/Las Vegas/Acapulco 27th Feb - 5th Mar CALLERI v Martin @ 1.813 Pinnacle 4pts I think Calleri is well worth a go in this one considering the week Martin had last week. Conditions were very tiring in Brazil (hot!) last week and lots of players were talking about how bad it was. Martin had some very tough matches and fought his way through to the final where he lost to Massu. Yesterday he had a 3 setter with choker Volandri and that was a great chance for Volandri. Now up against Calleri I think we will start to see the effects of last week. Calleri was playing well in Buenos Aires a couple of weeks ago and looks to be continuing that form with a comfortable win over N Lapentti in the first round. H2H is 4-3 to Calleri and a mixed set of results so not much point looking into those. I think Calleri is a pretty decent favourite today.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventKiefer/Kohlmann v Aspelin/Perry;Curran/Osterloh v Dulko/Pennetta
SelectionAspelin/Perry;Dulko/Pennetta (double)
Strength10/10
Date01/03/2006
Bookmaker/PriceGamebookers @ 1.80 (Back)
ReasoningAspelin/Perry 1.50 Dulko/Pennetta 1.20 Two clear favourites in these games.Both Asp/Perr and Dulk/Penn are far better double teams than their opponents and I just can't see them losing their games.Kief/Kohl and Curr/Osterl are just an average doubles and I can't see them getting anything from that one.

Re: ATP Dubai/Las Vegas/Acapulco 27th Feb - 5th Mar Another pretty good day yesterday:tongue2 HENMAN v Stepanek @ 2.2 Stan James 2pts :D WON profit 2.4pts BENNETEAU v Kohlschreiber @ 1.893 Pinnacle 4pts :@ LOST loss 4pts CALLERI v Martin @ 1.813 Pinnacle 4pts :D WON profit 3.252pts W/L = 5/2 Staked = 30pts Profit = 5.296pts Yield = 17.65%

Re: ATP Dubai/Las Vegas/Acapulco 27th Feb - 5th Mar SCHUETTLER v Phau @ 1.9 Bet365 4pts So Phau is coming off the biggest win of his career - however, it wasn't as if he played well, it was just that Agassi was so so bad. That win must surely make him overrated in this one. In the first round he struggled past Galimberti in 3 sets and I think that is more indicative of his form. Schuettler seems to have improved a bit lately and had a very decent win over Ferrer in the first round then backed that up by beating qualifier Klec in the second round. I think today if Schuettler is solid enough he can definately get the job done.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventCermak/Friedl v Skoch/Vanek;Jankovic/Sfar v Hantuchova/Sugiyama
SelectionCermak/Friedl + Hantuchova/Sugiyama
Strength10/10
Date02/03/2006
Bookmaker/PriceGamebookers @ 1.63 (Back)
ReasoningCermak/Friedl 1.25 Hantuchova/Sugiyama 1.30 This should be two easy wins.I see it as a great double.In both matches difference in abilities is for sure big.Hant/Sugi are great double pair.One of the strongest in WTA.They should have no problems.The same for Cermak/Friedl.