Skelton V Williams

Re: Skelton V Williams Sorry mate but I think Skelton will KO him mid fight. Skelton has been up for this fight for ages, and I doubt Williams conviction. The winner may also get a world title fight, which obviously they both want, but Skelton is desperate to get there My money will be on a Skelton KO in 4,5 or 6 i think

Re: Skelton V Williams Hmmmmm, was a good fight in terms of British fighting, but I still think Skelton won it. Williams was picking him off with jabs throughout the fight, which I knew would add up on points, but Skelton was the always coming forward and hurt Williams more. Williams can draw a bigger crowd worldwide than Skelton (as the winner is likely to get a title shot soon), and I think money swayed the decision. It was a joke in the 7th round (If i recall correctly) when Skelton had Williams rattled but there was about a 2 minute time out and Williams recovered. But Willaims was technically better but I felt Skelton should have taken it

• 4 months later...

Re: Skelton V Williams Skelton vs Williams II, tomorrow night. Today's Bettingzone Market Moves: 1100: Danny Williams is 4/7 to win his much anticipated re-match with Matt Skelton on Saturday night, according to Ladbrokes. And the firm make him a 2/1 chance to be world champion before the end of next year. The winner of the fight looks set for a title shot against WBA champion Nikolai Valuev. And bookies are 5/1 about the outsider landing a world title before the end of 2007. Williams won a split decision the last time the pair met and is 2/1 to win again on points. Ladbrokes spokesman Nick Weinberg said: "The heavyweight division is there for taking. "The winner of this fight will be in pole position to capture one of the major crowns. Our short prices reflect the lack of quality in the division. Both fighters have a realistic chance. "A lot depends on which Danny Williams turns up to fight. "He's technically better but that might not be enough against martial arts expert Skelton. He'll need to have his head screwed on from the start. "Both have the carrot of a world title shot dangling in front of them." Olympic silver medallist Amir Khan continues his boxing education on the undercard against Colin Bain. The Bolton fighter is 1/50 to emerge victorious. ========== It's one thing betting on Danny Williams to win at odds-against. It could quite possibly be another at odds-on though. :unsure

Re: Skelton V Williams Williams has weighed in at 20st 8lb !!!!:eek:eek:eek That's a lot of weight to carry into the later rounds if it's not an early knockout, especially as Skelton has a great engine and will not let up for a second. I can't touch this betting wise I think the bookies have priced it up right for a change, however if there's no knockout there's a real possibility that this will be a draw for 2 reasons: 1) Skelton should weather an early storm and draw Williams into a war of attrition in the later rounds, so there's a legitimate possibility of a draw 2) Warren has suggested the winner will get a crack at the world title. I think he'll find it hard to deliver and a draw would see a Skelton/Williams III, putting the world shot out of the question Should be a cracker if it's anything like the last one. I'm out tommorow night but i'll have it taped for when I get in. :)

Re: Skelton V Williams The last time, Danny Williams was at such a weight (is this Danny's heaviest weight ever!?) it was against Vitali Klitschko. Williams puts it down to supplements (he's also been sleeping in an oxygen tent would you believe to 'boost his red blood cells'). Skelton weighed in at 255lbs. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/5155074.stm http://www.bettingzone.co.uk/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=betting/06/07/06/manual_172428.html The plus point for Danny is that Matt Skelton is not Vitali Klitschko! :lol A minus sign is he was only 270lbs back then! :eek if Matt Skelton doesn't win, he may as well give up but hey, some people were giving up on Danny Williams not too long ago then Danny goes and beats some big name fighter who was on the way down and ends up in this pantomine.

Re: Skelton V Williams Hmmm tough one this, i expect Williams to win , however only on points! As someone said he is carrying a lot of weight and so will have to score the rounds at the start of the fight, there will be a lot of slugging in the latter rounds.. Danny Williams by Decision or Technical Decision @ 3.50 bet365

Re: Skelton V Williams Skelton win for me. I can't be having WIlliams at odds on when he all too often goes sloppy in his fights. Skelton almost won the 1st fight despite not being able to box his style due to a picky referee, tonight's referee has reffed a Skelton fight before so I think he'll be less picky meaning Skelton can get on the inside and box to his strengths and gradually wear Williams down. Skelton at Ladbrokes 5/4.

Re: Skelton V Williams Paul Kealy in the Racing Post goes for Williams basically saying Skelton can’t bring anything different from the last time. Possibly true but still think Williams was lucky to get the decision. There is one quote from the piece which I fully agree with (and made me laugh) “Just as Audley Harrison was a typical example of a boxer who couldn’t fight, Skelton is a fighter who can’t box.” Skelton is definitely a fighter.

Williams may dominate the early rounds with his jab but as the rounds mount up will this bigger Danny Williams be able to keep the swinging Skelton away? After 4 or 5 rounds I can see Danny tiring badly and Matt spending the remaining rounds doing everything to knock him out.

I’ll try and get a cheeky 2.4 on Skelton in running.

Re: Skelton V Williams

2) Warren has suggested the winner will get a crack at the world title. I think he'll find it hard to deliver and a draw would see a Skelton/Williams III, putting the world shot out of the question :)
Excellent point Paul, it's gonna be tough to deliver a title shot to either of these guys, and given the enjoyment of the first fight I'm pretty sure that a draw would mean a third fight at the end of the year would happen. As for betting on this, it's a very tough one, I think Skelton would have to take this by decision but his style of fighting is not one that judges seem to score well, so I'll have small stakes on a Williams points win and smaller stake on a draw.

Re: Skelton V Williams Frustrating to say the least - what on earth was Williams thinking? I know I should be used to it by now but it's just plain annoying. Skelton as well didn't really deserve to take the title. I always believe that a challenger should do enough to 'take' the belt, and Skelton had nothing really, most his punches were blocked and none hurt Williams. Having said that Williams didn't deserve to keep the belt at all. Both crap!!!

Re: Skelton V Williams

Frustrating to say the least - what on earth was Williams thinking? I know I should be used to it by now but it's just plain annoying. Skelton as well didn't really deserve to take the title. I always believe that a challenger should do enough to 'take' the belt, and Skelton had nothing really, most his punches were blocked and none hurt Williams. Having said that Williams didn't deserve to keep the belt at all. Both crap!!!
agreed mate. spot on