Pebble Beach

Re: Pebble Beach The market without the top two's kinda interesting. I think Rory Sabbatini's odds of around 8/1 are silly considering he's put three solid rounds of 69, 69 and 68 in so far and is arguably and seemingly the most consistent golfer on display that isn't Mike Weir or Arron Oberholser. ....I can't pull the trigger as I'm fearing that one of the others manage to get a final round that manages to equal or better their best round so far though. :(

Re: Pebble Beach Sabbatini I like the look of without the top 2, though both Weir and Oberholser shakey when out in front with just one round to go. Mike Weir is 1/7: 1999 Bell South Classic shot 72 finished 5th 1999 PGA Championship shot 80 finished 10th 1999 Michelob Championship shot 70 finished 3rd 2001 Genuity Championship shot 75 finished 2nd 2002 Honda Classic shot 75 finished 11th 2004 Nissan Open shot 71 WON (just after play off) 2004 Bell Canadian Open shot 72 lost in playoff Oberholser is 0/2 2004 AT&T shot 76 finished 4th 2004 Wachovia Championship shot 72 lost in playoff You never know someone could come in from the chasing pack.

Re: Pebble Beach Weir's FIVE behind Oberholser after four holes! :eek Tim Clark (at the 6th) and Rory Sabbatini (at the 4th) currently sharing third place but Rory's got two holes on Tim. EDIT: Dang it to hell, Rory's now two clear of the nearest guys ahead of him and I was scared of what? Having a gamble? :wall

Re: Pebble Beach Had a feeling one of the two was going to fall away from the chasing pack, just kicking myself I wasn't on Oberholser from the start as nearly went for him outright but just backed him for a place at betfair. Weir is not going to even manage a place finsih the way he is dropping back. He is a golfer I never like to trust to win a tournie especially from the front.

Re: Pebble Beach Great results for this thread. Chopra wins @ 25/1 for Billy and although Weir did his best to finish out of frame, he stayed just in to reward ew backers. Oberholser was another one - gutted I didn't take him ew, but then again, the value (and incredible price) rested in the top 10 finish. Again, well done to all who managed to be on a winner this week and hope for another rewarding week.;)

Re: Pebble Beach Gutted about the end result. Mike Weir looked so good after round 2. Thanks to winbet for the info on Weir cracking under the pressure in the final day, great info and as a result I layed off to ensure a nice return although not as big as I would of had had he held his game together!